Emergent World (Signups/OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you want to? Haha, up to you, Oz.
I limed her a lot, she was actually fun to write, as brief as it was. Though now that I think about it, socialite aassassin can't be done with someone from Albedo

Okay, everything but bios done for my two characters, Scavenger who makes neat stuff and a Tactician who is all about being a badass leader. I'll get those bios done after I get some sleep, but feedback on the skills would be nice.

Okay, everything but bios done for my two characters, Scavenger who makes neat stuff and a Tactician who is all about being a badass leader. I'll get those bios done after I get some sleep, but feedback on the skills would be nice.
If your tactician is named robin I will gladly have your babies.

If your tactician is named robin I will gladly have your babies.
Nope, her name is Calira.

Is that supposed to be a reference to something? Because if so I missed it.

Fire Emblem: Awakening. Best game in the series.

I am going to look at all of the skills over the course of the day and give feedback, plus update the first post with links to everyone's CSs and such.

@Hellis, I am going to guess that despite the WIP marker, Casea is in fact complete, right? He looks good, and will be added to the list as well.

@Tempest, for Baldyr's Phantasm, does he start off with the ability to affect all five senses? If so, even though there's a draining factor to take into account, I still think getting to all five senses should be a wee bit of a process. Otherwise, he looks good, and so does Payton. Just give them bios and I'll accept them.

@Jorick, I know I didn't make it explicitly clear, but the RP will be starting off with your characters just starting to work with the Alderken. As a result, I'm hesitant to let you already have the heating tube artefact, but the Mobile Workshop can function without it for the time being, if you think that'll still work for your character. Nothing says you won't trip over it later for her to use. And Calira, Teamwork the Character, has fine customs. Same with Tempest... just give them bios and I'll happily add them to our list of PCs.

@Ascendant, Aithne is accepted and will be added to the list.

@ERode, I say your customs look good. I don't think I'd call them too weak. Just because they're not explosive or flashy doesn't mean they won't go to good use. The backstory also reads well. Albedo does have schooling just like the modern world, so all of that checks out. For Challenge Lover, I just want to be sure: it's activated in extreme stress as an adrenaline response, yes? It makes it easier to know when to roll for it in terms of effectiveness.

That should be everyone and everything so far. Let me know if I spaced out and missed you.

@Jorick, I know I didn't make it explicitly clear, but the RP will be starting off with your characters just starting to work with the Alderken. As a result, I'm hesitant to let you already have the heating tube artefact, but the Mobile Workshop can function without it for the time being, if you think that'll still work for your character. Nothing says you won't trip over it later for her to use. And Calira, Teamwork the Character, has fine customs. Same with Tempest... just give them bios and I'll happily add them to our list of PCs.
Ahh, okay, I thought we'd been with them for at least a couple weeks. I'll remove that and the now unnecessary mini anvil and just say that her personalized set of tools makes her better at creating/fixing stuff out in the world. The magical forge on the go can make for a good upgrade later.

May quite possibly ask to join this ^^ Haven't fully decided yet. Just expressing my interest.

My brother just pitched me an Idea and I'm thinking I should use it on the grounds that it is so batshit insane it would be hysterical.

The character would be an insane recluse who always believed that the moon was responsible for all sorts of negativity and was pure evil. When the moon started to descend and he got transported, he feels that is all the proof he needs and begins a quest to destroy the moon of the new world to prevent its evils from spreading.

EDIT: I may have actually dragged him into this. It's a good day.

Last edited:
... Delusional. Delusional recluse.

Not insane.

This would make the character psychotic, as they would be suffering from psychosis.

And in an advanced world known for health care where almost no one dies from disease and such, it could be assumed that anyone suffering from an impairing mental disorder would also have been recieving treatment in the forms of medication (antipsychotics) and psychotherapy...

If you're going to do a character like that, research what you're talking about. Don't just spew away that said character is insane, therfore you can get away with any bullshit behaviour.

• Thank You
Reactions: Drifter and Jorick
... Delusional. Delusional recluse.

Not insane.

This would make the character psychotic, as they would be suffering from psychosis.

And in an advanced world known for health care where almost no one dies from disease and such, it could be assumed that anyone suffering from an impairing mental disorder would also have been recieving treatment in the forms of medication (antipsychotics) and psychotherapy...

If you're going to do a character like that, research what you're talking about. Don't just spew away that said character is insane, therfore you can get away with any bullshit behaviour.
I am well aware that things are tense at best between us, but nitpicking my phrasing, especially in a very brief idea for a character not even remotely developed yet, is pointless and rather antagonistic. Also assuming the plans for such a character would be purely to do insane shit would be incorrect in this case. I am also aware that I have done that sort of thing in the past and you called me out on it. If you wish to resolve our issues, the ball is still in your court and should be done privately.

I am well aware that things are tense at best between us, but nitpicking my phrasing, especially in a very brief idea for a character not even remotely developed yet, is pointless and rather antagonistic. Also assuming the plans for such a character would be purely to do insane shit would be incorrect in this case. I am also aware that I have done that sort of thing in the past and you called me out on it. If you wish to resolve our issues, the ball is still in your court and should be done privately.

Tempest just wants to get things straightneed out before the character develops any further. If you do want to go delusional lunaphobe, I could allow it so long as the customs make sense and so long as you realize that any antics you have your character pull will only be justified by psychosis until they do something that kills them. Which, in the case of going totally off the rails, will be very quick to happen.

As for nitpicking, I really don't think she is. "Insane' is a buzz word. When players put it into their CSs, it's almost always a bad sign.

I doubt this has anything to do with anything besides the RP. As you said, a couple of your characters have needed tempering before fitting in in the past. Please don't try to use this RP as a platform for personal issues. As you said, hey, that's why PMs exist. It will make sure everyone here has a good and productive time.

When I said I had done that sort of thing before I meant being nitpicky and antagonistic, just to be clear. I appreciate feedback but not when it's phrased so indelicately. However I do recognize that I may have misinterpreted her exact meaning because when things are tense, almost anything can be taken the wrong way.

@ERode, I say your customs look good. I don't think I'd call them too weak. Just because they're not explosive or flashy doesn't mean they won't go to good use. The backstory also reads well. Albedo does have schooling just like the modern world, so all of that checks out. For Challenge Lover, I just want to be sure: it's activated in extreme stress as an adrenaline response, yes? It makes it easier to know when to roll for it in terms of effectiveness.
I was going to set it up more as something that would give him a passive bonus for rolls in regards to things that he's interested in, but that'd probably be too vague, now that I think about it. So yeah, you can set it up as the 'activated in extreme stress as an adrenaline response' thing.

Out of curiosity, and feel free to ignore it if it's spoilers, but were they randomly summoned to this new world? Or specifically selected? Cause it feels a bit odd for a random selection to bring forth only people who have skills, knowledge, or talent that would allow them to flourish in a more medieval, 'uncultured' world. Might just be reading too deep into it though. Might also just be because no one wants to play normal people. XD

Alright, finally got my character bios done.

I may have to pass... things seem a little... er, a word already stated. Tense, haha. ^^

I may have to pass... things seem a little... er, a word already stated. Tense, haha. ^^
I'm sorry you think it is tense. Honestly, there's nothing to be tense about. I admit, I went on a mini-rant, because that was one of my pet peeves as a psychology major in the mental health field already. Truly, there is only one person making a real issue out of anything and making things "tense". I wouldn't worry about it escalating from there. I wouldn't worry about anyone in this thread making trouble. The group is typically laid back and aside from some ribbing here and there, people are nice enough. (Well, I don't know about Jorick... That Douchebear. : P)

But, I understand your worries. I'm sorry if you've been scared off from this RP already. I do hope you would give it another chance, though.

I'm sorry you think it is tense. Honestly, there's nothing to be tense about. I admit, I went on a mini-rant, because that was one of my pet peeves as a psychology major in the mental health field already. Truly, there is only one person making a real issue out of anything and making things "tense". I wouldn't worry about it escalating from there. I wouldn't worry about anyone in this thread making trouble. The group is typically laid back and aside from some ribbing here and there, people are nice enough. (Well, I don't know about Jorick... That Douchebear. : P)

But, I understand your worries. I'm sorry if you've been scared off from this RP already. I do hope you would give it another chance, though.

It's alright ^^ I just feel like I'm intruding in some odd way, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.