G

Gands

Original poster
upload_2017-5-6_23-17-25.png

Metropolis. The city most held up to symbolize the American dream. Liberty and Independence, Delaware's motto. Held tightly to by Metropolisians (or Metropolites, the terms are in about equal use).
A city shaped by its savior, Superman. A symbol of how one man can accomplish anything, and do the right thing, despite the outside pressures of the world and opposition.
Not that Metropolis doesn't have its dark side, it's ugly side. Many of its villains sit in glass skyscrapers, enacting their evils from inside of board rooms and on conference calls
There's a dark side to Metropolis. It just gets a new coat of paint and some shiny chrome to hide it.

Welcome to Metropolis

This sandbox rp is part of the Epic Mashup Clan.
Find it here and check it out. https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/groupdiscussions/epic-mashup.219/

??????????????
It started with a little blip.

And then a big blip.

And then a little blip again.

Blips are annoying. She has always hated blips. They're… vague. Is it a good blip? Is it a bad blip? Is it the kind of blip that shows up before the room you're in explodes? Vague.

But it was a blip, nonetheless. And she is a scout… and so it's for her to check out.

The city that she homed in on was pretty big, for an Earther's city. The sign said 'Metropolis' as she zoomed down the street in the darkness. A quick search of the human's data web told of how it's something of a hotbed for those little metabeings. Humans that have been enhanced in some manner. And it told her how to pronounce Metropolis. For the first 20 minutes she was in the city she was thinking it was pronounced 'Metro-poh-lis'. But that's not right.
AR009A.jpg
The motorcycle that cruises the freeway is sleek, and it looks like it was built for speed. It's main coloring a deep blue with pink highlights. It revs high, dodging in and out of traffic. The rider atop the bike is female, clad in a rider's suit. Form fitting leather, it looks like. The same color patterns as the bike she rides. Her face hidden under a dark blue and pink helmet. She leans with the bike as the move through the traffic, not seeming wholly concerned about the rules of the road.
Sadie1.jpg

Blip.

Ugh. There it is again. She detects the signal now stronger. She's getting closer. The rider looks side to side slowly, and then up towards the skyline as they get off the main freeway onto a side road. According to Google Maps it leads to some kind of storage district. Warehouses. But the naughty blip is different… the rider looks towards the bike's dash, her head tilting to one side. It's an automated signal, she recognizes that much. But she doesn't recognize specifically who's signal it could be. Everyone from her Earth team is accounted for. A rogue? Wouldn't be out of the question…

She gets to the warehouse district, the bike's mighty engine roaring lowly as she slows. The headlights flicker off, and she cruises slowly in complete darkness. Once more the rider looks down at the dash of the bike… and her gaze then flicks upwards as she sees some kind of explosion in the distance. She leans forward a little on the bike, as if trying to get a better look from under her helmet. The blip, it's coming from that direction.

++"Scrap"++

A soft utter to herself. Whatever that was that just exploded, it did make for quite a show. The rider settles onto the bike once more, and slowly they ride deeper into the warehouse district. She doesn't like this. But it's her job to investigate.

Blip.

++"I know I know."++ She utters softly to herself as that blip hits again in her mind. As the cycle circles wide of the warehouse the heroes and their mechanical curiosity are in, the rider keeps her gaze in the general direction of that particular warehouse. Ah… now she sees… the motorcycle's scanners show what's behind the walls of the warehouse. Those powered humans… a few of them. One of them giving off some pretty wicked electromagnetic wavelengths. It makes her 'teeth' hurt just thinking about it. But the Earthers aren't the ones that get most of her attention. It's the robot they are currently inspecting. The one they are currently… dissecting. The rider's head bows down a little as she looks in the direction of the warehouse…

Little… savages… monsters…

There are scraps all around the area of other mechanical beings. But none of those would interest her. It's the one that Lehnsherr currently is manipulating. Well… now what? If she charges in… well that could escalate and be just bad news. Diplomatic? No these fleshlings don't know how to talk. And they don't seem like they are in the mood to talk. They're to busy being barbarians and all. Come on, think. Think. She has to get to him, she has to get him out of there. The rider now leans forward a little on the bike, cruising closer to the warehouse. She'll get closer… get a better sense of what she's dealing with… keep out of sight if she can… little does she know the motorcycle and its rider has probably already been detected. She hasn't been as careful as she should have been, focusing on the blip and all… a blip that seems to be getting weaker…
Sadie2.jpg

Tagging: @Gands @Sir Kaltao @Razilin, @LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands
Terry McGinnis/The Bat of Tomorrow

Terry had gotten used to a lot of things when he had taken up the mantle of Batman. From dealing with people with strange afflictions and gimmicks. But he wasn't expecting to suddenly crashing onto a rooftop after a brief scuffle with one of his villains. Inque. Who had just stolen a device invented someone whose name he forgot. The man claimed that his device had the ability to transport people to other worlds. Terry personally didn't care. To him, it was a madman's dream.

But, someone thought the device would make a lot of credits on the black market. Thus hiring Inque to steal said device. Which led into their fight. However, when he threw one of the electric Batarangs to immobilize Inque. It barely clipped her, and instead imbedded itself in the device. At first nothing happened. Then what appeared to be a black hole formed where the device had been. Inque was pulled in first, and despite what Terry did to avoid being pulled in as well. He was soon pulled in. The portal closed after he entered and exited it. Now, back to the present.

Terry got up as fast as he could, immediately getting ready for a surprise attack from Inque. But nothing happened. Heck, Terry even searched the rooftop up and down. Not a trace of her.

This was odd. As both Inque and him were pulled in. So they should've arrived at the same place. Bruce would've had an answer for this. But he couldn't get into contact with the man.

He was flying solo, it would seem. Walking over to the edge of the rooftop to find out where he was. To his surprise, he recognized the Daily Planet. He was about to consider that he only traveled to Metropolis. But he noticed that this Daily Planet wasn't surrounded by futuristic buildings. And said buildings didn't show the blue face of the reporter. Possible time travel?

He hoped not. Otherwise, he would have to kiss his chance of getting back goodbye.

Terry was curious about this Metropolis, how different it was and if there were any similarities. He considered traveling to Gotham. But, he was afraid if it was time travel. He would end up causing some type of time paradox. And wanting everything to stay the same, he decided against it. Instead, he figured it would be best to check out the area. Leaping off of the building, the Batsuit's wings deployed. Allowing Terry to glide through the air with relative ease. Every so often he would boost himself via the rocket boosters. He had to keep it to a minimum. As using it to much would cause the suit to drain more power to continue usage of the boosters.

Everything seemed normal so far, until he saw an explosion in the distance. With a sigh, he muttered to himself. "Duty calls." Redirecting his glide path, he was now heading towards the source of the explosion. Once he got within a decent distance from the source. He landed atop a nearby rooftop. Terry was tempted to activate his cloak, but decided not to. Once again to save on suit power. Power that could be used to make a getaway. Besides, he was confident in his ability to avoid attention. For the most part.

Carefully making his way to the warehouse, Terry would only activate his cloak here. Using this to get even closer, to get an understanding of what's going on. Not wanting to charge in, and end up causing a scene or worse....

@Camleen @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sir Kaltao @Razilin

Reactions: Gands and Camleen
Metropolis Warehouse district

Hercules walks over to the Major and starts quietly talking to him. The Major knows and flies out of the building to find and coordinate incoming Shield personnel.

"Major, take the active agents and wait a few minutes for the search warrant and tear that Trask warehouse apart. "
He then went to Hellrunner.

"Good sir, I hope you are satisfied with your end of the bargain. You can certainly stay around while the science boys work on the scene. Either way, if you give me a way to contact you, I will keep you up to date on what we uncover."

Just then Hercules gets a communication from the Shield helicopter.

" Yes, no, not ours, our people and vehicles are accounted for. Yes. I understand, I will check into it. "

He walks over to Felicity now.

"Miss Smoak, my apologies. It appears the science team would like you to stay for a bit to be the owners representative. If that's alright with you. When this is over, I will be happy to treat you to a fine meal. "

( Of note, Hercules has a short sleeve Shield uniform shirt with tall boots, a black workman's kilt with a wide decorated belt. There are several pouches on the belt and a few visible pockets on the kilt. His gold face hugging but open helmet now has a few tech advances visible to the naked eye. He has a fancy motorcycle nearby)

@Razilin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen @The Wanderer @Sir Kaltao

"Good sir, I hope you are satisfied with your end of the bargain. You can certainly stay around while the science boys work on the scene. Either way, if you give me a way to contact you, I will keep you up to date on what we uncover."

"If it's all the same to you Hercules, all we found was a bunch of junk and a fight. I've come for the one who used me. So I'll be sticking around, but think I'll go have a smoke." Hellrunner walked away from the prone robot with it's guts out and out the door he had kicked in. He depowered, took his cigarettes out of his jacket before taking it off, and sat with his back against the building near the entrance.
He lit the cig with his thumb and looked to be deep in thought.

tumblr_n9lgxfgpwi1tfpy7po1_500.png

Joe was thinking about how good that felt, just smashing and burning through those things without a care. Getting out the aggression built up from his unpleasant time with The Calculator.

Maybe it was something held over from his previous life, but he really hated to be talked down to. Particularly old farts who probably felt justified to demean young people. It really stirred the demon within him. Mr. Red said it was suppressed enough he was in total control. But in the thick of things like just now, he'd felt a push from within driving him to hit harder than needed. Burn hotter. The fact he still had unfinished business was getting on his nerves. He'd endured insults, and teamed up with strangers, to still be only a little closer to an answer of who hacked Mr. Red and sent him to Gotham as their personal hitman. Of course he'd burned down a fake pharma operation, and sent a gang of thugs to be judged, but it was to meet someone else's ends. Not theirs. Not in service to the only thing that mattered to him.

And there it was again. That inner push. He closed his eyes and said to himself. "Keep cool. They'll find the target. Patience Joe. Patience."

@Camleen @The Wanderer @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands

Reactions: Gands
Felicity Smoak and James Hunter

" I am fine with staying behind to answer any questions that the scientists may have. Let me just do something real fast," she said, taking out her phone and sending a quick text to Oliver to tell him what had happened and where she was. " All done, question me away and I will take that meal," she said.

James took his own deep breath and saw Joe outside. He was going to leave, but there was a part of him that didn't want too. This was the first time he had felt he had belonged and had been useful. This was the first time where he had used his powers for good. He took a deep breath and looked over at Joe. " I don't usually do this, but I need a destressor, would you mind loaning me one of your cigars?" He asked.

@Camleen @Sir Kaltao @Gands @The Wanderer

" I don't usually do this, but I need a destressor, would you mind loaning me one of your cigars?" He asked.

Joe snapped out of his own head and obliged the other young man's request. "Cigarettes, but close enough." Joe even lit it with his thumb before handing the cigarette over. He followed that with a compliment. "Good work tonight by the way. I was worried Felicity would be injured in all this craziness."

@LuckycoolHawk9

AR009A.jpg

Well this is just bad. Bad bad.

The motorcycle remains hidden out of sight within the shadows, but well in sight of the warehouse of interest. The rider's head turns slowly from one side to the other, scoping out what else might be around them. Pieces of 'bots all around. Scraps, that's all that's left of them. She's too late to try and help them, but the one who's signal she is picking up still has time.

She hopes.

But… Shield begins to swarm in. She doesn't know they are of the science division, called in to inspect and retrieve what's left of the ravaged robot. The robot that began this whole mess. ++"Well… "++ she utters to herself, the rider now leaning forward on the bike a little, hands wrapping about the handlebars of the bike. The new helicopters haven't quite landed yet. If she were someone else, she would simply eliminate the vehicles quietly. Spirit in, retrieve whoever is in the warehouse, and get out. But she can't do that. To many of the fleshlings might get hurt. And as bad as she would want that… judging by the scraps of bots decorating the docks and the condition of the one in the warehouse… she can't. Even if they might deserve it.

The bike rolls backwards quietly, and then she is once more on the move. The motorcycle now moves quickly along the docks, towards the water. She saw a few things in passing when she came in. Things that might prove useful. In a fairly isolated portion near the water, the motorcycle comes to a skidding halt, near a parked jeep. The motorcycle suddenly isn't a motorcycle anymore, and the humanoid hurries towards the jeep. She runs her hand over the hood of the jeep, smiling sadly at it. ++"Sorry about this."++ She glances down at the license plate… it saying 'assman4'… and she sighs as she stands up straight, flexing one of her hands. ++"I take it back.++"
AR040.png
She now strides away from the jeep, and that hand suddenly reconfigures itself into what looks like a gun. ++"Okay, Wreckers style."++ Springer would be proud. She turns and aims at the jeep, specifically the fuel compartment, and she fires. With a flash the jeep explodes, causing her to stumble back. Wow that was way bigger an explosion than she thought. A bigger explosion then planned? Yep, Wreckers style indeed. And hopefully enough to get the attention of those at the warehouse. She is suddenly a motorcycle again, and racing away from the now burning brightly jeep. She keeps herself hidden as she circles around just as quickly as she can move, the rider atop the bike glancing back every once in a while towards the burning vehicle.
Sadie1.jpg
She doesn't want to confront many in the warehouse… she would like as few as possible there to deal with. Her intention is for that explosion to attract at least a majority of those in the warehouse… especially those just arriving. They all run towards the exploding jeep, maybe thinking it's more bots for them to savage, and she is left to sneak in and liberate the one still alive. Barely alive, but alive.

Tagging:
@LuckycoolHawk9, @Sir Kaltao, @Gands, @The Wanderer

Last edited:
Hercules Lion of Olympus

Herc, veteran of a thousand battlefields, goes right into action. Speaking into the shield communicator.

" Department S, attention, do not head towards the explosion. Take cover where you are. Active agents, protective action only. Keep department S out of danger. "

Hercules goes to his duffle bag and takes out the Nemedian lion skin putting it on. Then pulling out a very very large pistol and holster.

" Miss Felicity, while I approve of your capabilities, I strongly urge you to take cover please until we know more of this action."

Back on the radio. " Major, keep your active agents at the Trask building, this could be a distraction".

With that, Hercules is standing squarely next to the large captive robot.

@Camleen @Sir Kaltao @LuckycoolHawk9 @Razilin

James Hunter and Felicity Smoak

James looked over at him and smiled. " I don't usually play the heroes protecting people, but it is just that she is human compared to the rest of us and she doesn't deserve to be in this mess. You can turn into a flaming skull, I can explode and shield things and well, Hercules, is well, Hercules," he took a whiff of the cigarette and stopped when something exploded. " It looks like we are not quite done."

"
I hate to disagree with you, but we should see whatever this thing is before we shot. Sometimes people do rahs things when they want to talk and don't think. If it was any machine like the in here, it could have been scared by the man's brute tearing apart of the robot on the table. "

@Sir Kaltao @Razilin @Gands @Camleen

You can turn into a flaming skull, I can explode and shield things and well, Hercules, is well, Hercules," he took a whiff of the cigarette and stopped when something exploded. " It looks like we are not quite done."

Joe nodded and took a final drag on his cigarette, spitting it off into the distance. "Yeah, it actually hurts like a-" He was starting to describe the pain he endures every time he transforms when the explosion happened. He powered up without putting his jacket on, so that everyone witnessed the sight of a flaming skeleton wearing a tank top in a moment before he went blazing off in the direction of the explosion.

He was the first to get to the flaming wreck, and he used his power to extinguish the flames with a wave. He could see from what was left of the vehicle that it had been a Jeep. Probably left by some careless warehouse worker overnight. Sucks to be them. Hellrunner quickly reconned the small area around the explosion, and finding no sign of who or what had done this, concluded just as quickly that this was a distraction. Not that he told the ones coming to investigate as he passed them. If they were too dim to know better, too bad for them. He was going to recon the wider area for more clues then get back to the warehouse, but as fate would have it, his speed was more than enough to catch up with a motorcyclist and keep easy pace with them.

"Pull over, or be pulled over!" Hellrunner warned the rider.

@Camleen

?????
Well.

That didn't work as well as she would have liked. She was hoping they would all swarm to the explosion, maybe think it was more bots to beat up. But that's not how it played. So let's take inventory…

A bigger than expected explosion? Check.
Said explosion that was supposed to solve all her problems? Check.
The plan involving said explosion not really working like it should have? Check.

Yep, that was a Wreckers plan alright.

Now she is well aware of beings on this world having powers. A small percentage in recent years exhibiting abilities well above those of the rest of the population. She's come to expect that. What she didn't expect was a man on fire running next to her as she zooms back towards the warehouse. The rider's head turns towards Hellrunner, and she gives him a little wave. ++"Hold that thought, chief. I was actually about to stop."++ The motorcycle's engine revs higher, and she actually pops a wheelie as the rider leans forward. The bike comes into sight of the warehouse, but it doesn't stop outside of it. The door previously broken down by the heroes, that's the one she uses to get inside of the warehouse itself.

The bike skids to a stop, the rider then putting one foot to the ground for balance. Her hidden gaze looks towards those gathered… making note of Herc and his defensive measures… a female that probably has some kind of weird ability (Felicity to be exact, she just assumes she has powers because about everyone else does)… but it's that big robot that her gaze lingers on. She sits up on the bike a little more as she stares, her voice coming forth in a soft tone. ++"By Primus… Deftwing… what did they do to you…"++ He's been torn apart. He's in real bad shape. She really has to resist the urge to just beat the hell out of all of these little organics.

A quick side note for clarification… the robot on said table is close to 15 feet tall. It's coloring blue and yellow. Its chest is open, partially thanks to the Shield agent. Partially because that's where he was being examined. He hasn't moved since the 'heroes' arrived. Part of his head has been opened, a few wires sticking out from it. Pieces of the rest of his body also are open, obviously he was being probed all over. His eyes are darkened, and where his lips would be there is merely a sort of plate. Something common amongst his people. As noted, he hasn't moved this whole time. But as the motorcycle enters the warehouse, his right hand starts to barely move, weakly.

The rider looks towards Herc as she speaks, glancing in the direction of the others. Making sure she knows where that flaming fella was too. ++"I'd really hoped that explosion would have made all of you scatter… silly me. That didn't work, so now I'm asking you bootlegs to get lost. I'm taking him out of here"++ The dark helmeted rider points towards the blue and yellow robot. ++"And have no doubt I am more than willing to do some real damage to you lumps if you try and stop me. I promise you."++ Now the rider crosses her arms over her chest, her head turning slowly to keep eyes on all of them, not seeming to be worried about challenging a whole group of metahumans… ++"Shoo."++

Tagging: @Sir Kaltao, @Gands, @LuckycoolHawk9

Felicity Smoak and James Hunter

Felicity stepped forward and looked at the rider and took a deep breath. " Deftwing, is that your friend's name? I am very sorry for what the others did to him. I didn't think it was a good idea as I don't like seeing things hurt. We only wished to know what made him so different from the rest of the robots and I believe the SHIELD agent overstepped. We were more worried that the person behind this would come back," she said.

James walked behind Felicity, preparing his shield in case the robot was going to shoot them.

@Camleen @Gands @Sir Kaltao

Hercules Lion of Olympus

Hercules holsters the pistol and hooks the mace on his belt.

"Truly, our agent only opened up this side. The rest of this was done by some agent of Ultron. widely feared being who's ultimate goals are evil. "

"My people believe Ultron may have done most of this damage looking for ways to either take this Deftwing for himself, or duplicate it's technology. My goals do not include fighting with you, or harming you. But we must ascertain if Ultron has contaminated your friend." Can you not come and look at him here?

@Camleen @Sir Kaltao @LuckycoolHawk9
@The Wanderer
@Razilin

Terry McGinnis/ Batman Beyond

With the assistance of his cloak, Terry had made his way into the building to get a better idea of what's going on. He had to be careful though, one wrong move and he'll in be in the midst of enemies he knew near to nothing about.

The very second he got into the warehouse, he quickly got up and into cover so he could turn off his cloak without worry of being spotted. From the looks of things, the people in uniform were guarding what appeared to be a giant robot. When suddenly a new individual rode in on a motorcycle, said individual telling everyone to get out. Apparently the cause for this was the giant robot was on the table. Truth be told, Terry couldn't blame the lady. The robot looked to be in poor condition.

However, for all he knew. The robot could be used for harming others.

He disliked these type of situations. Not knowing which side to side with. What he was about to do would've earned him a stern lecture from Bruce. Dropping down from his hiding place and into view of everyone present. "Someone mind telling me what's going on here?" He said, deepening his voice to hide his age. He also narrowed his eyes, as a means of intimidation.

@Camleen @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sir Kaltao

Hellrunner came to a stop in front of but a good distance away from the rider, getting between her and the robot. He had just stood there, menacingly, while the others tried to talk her down. Since they were chatty enough he didn't feel the need to put in his two cents. He didn't feel any malice from this being yet, but he wasn't taking chances by powering down. The hollow eyes of the flaming skull were torn away when a newcomer fell from above.

"Someone mind telling me what's going on here?"

The Bat symbol was a dead giveaway. Hellrunner gave him the once-over with his hollow eyes then turned back to the rider. "This one thinks she can just threaten her way into taking the robot, no questions asked. Well you'll have a hard time scaring me Pink Rider. That your name? Or something even more ridiculous?"

@Camleen @The Wanderer @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands

Hercules Lion of Olympus

As the Bat guy appeared, Herc managed to stay calm. He took a long breath to help himself. He didn't remember seeing this particular design in the file.

He noted a communication in his communicator.

" Okay, for those bystanders new to the scene or simply trying to keep up, let me sum up. My name is Hercules, I am with Shield. Me and some other people were attacked a bit across town by small, hostile mechanicals. "

"We traced the signal to this building. When we arrived, we found three different factions of mechanicals fighting, likely over access to this ((points to the transformer ))
Some damage was caused prior to our arrival by one or more factions. "

"We are familiar with all three factions by reputation at least. All of whom have their own ambitions for world domination. "

"Following so far ? "

"Now, we have this person, who claims knowledge and familiarity with the creature on the table. She, would like to take it away. Now, at this point, there is a danger, that Ultron, one of the faction leaders might have gotten access to the systems of the mechanical on the table. If this is the case, this could lead to death and destruction on a terrible scale ".

"Further, at this point, I have very little information on either you ( points to the motorcycle ) or you (( points to Terry ).

" I would be willing to let you ((( again points to the motorcycle ))) with the idea of repair."

"Does everyone understand my position now ?"

Hercules stands about 6'5", weighs roughly 350 on an extremely muscular frame. He has a Shield short sleeve shirt with a workman's kilt and tall boots. He is also wearing a lion skin. He has an odd helmet that seems to combine a very open ancient looking helmet with some obvious tech on it. Lastly, he is armed with a very large almost outlandish looking pistol and a medium sized mace that looks like it's made of gold.

@Camleen @Sir Kaltao @The Wanderer
@luckcoolhawk9

The woman atop the motorcycle slowly looks from being to being. To their credit, they at least don't want to seem to provoke her. Maybe they're not so dumb after all… Or maybe she's just waaaaay underestimating them. One of those.

The rider's head tilts to one side when Felicity says 'friend'… and she mentions others. She did detect the powerful electromagnetic energies here, and she knows that was being used on Deftwing. Felicity's words do make an impact on her, but Felicity misuses a couple of those words. Like 'friend' and 'things'. She wants to point out they aren't 'things'. No more than humans are.

Shield… she's heard that term before. Some kind of peace keepers, she thinks.

++"Contaminated?"++ she says in a curious tone. Ultron… she doesn't know what an Ultron is. But he doesn't sound good. These slugs are making a bit of a case for themselves. But clearly she isn't convinced yet. Her gaze moves to Batman as he appears, and she just stares at him. Nice suit, man. Some nice tech she hasn't seen on this world. Primitive, but still nice. And as Hellrunner addresses her, the rider's gaze moves back to him. He's blocking her from getting to Deftwing. And in this enclosed space, she wouldn't be able to outmaneuver him. She might think he's a punk, but he's fast. She's smart enough to give him credit. ++"Pink Rider isn't awful."++ She once did say if she could go back, she would have made her primary color pink, and then blue her secondary color. Her gaze lingers on Batman, and then on Herc as he starts to speak. He speaks of 3 factions… 'Cons? No… no that can't be. They haven't surfaced on Earth in years. Besides, what would they want with Deftwing? They pretty much already used him up and spit him out. And if they wanted him dead, he would be dead. Earth factions? What kind of faction could do this to Deftwing? He's no lightweight… She is pointed to once more, her head tilting to one side.

++"a…a.R…C…e…e…"++

A low, weak voice comes from large robot splayed across the table, and her gaze snaps to him. She looks back towards Hellrunner, her head bowing a little. She's really anxious to take out some aggression on these beings. But her sense of duty is far too strong at the moment. ++"Friend is too strong a term for me and him, firstly."++ Her gaze now sweeps amongst them, holding upon each of their eyes a moment before moving on. Her tone calmed, subtle. ++"And don't call us 'things'. That's offensive to anyone."++ The helmet of the rider looks in Herc's direction. ++"I appreciate your compliance… but me being picky, I should point out… I never said I could repair him. Only that I was gonna get him out of here. I can't repair. That's not exactly my realm of expertise… But I appreciate the thought, big guy."++ Her gaze now lingers on Hellrunner. With each point, she holds up a single finger. ++"If you all had gone to the explosion like I wanted, I wouldn't have to threaten."++ A second finger held up ++"You can ask as many questions as you want. I can NOT answer as many as I want."++ A third finger is held up ++"I don't have to scare you to beat the slag out of you, chief."++ Her hand lowers slowly, and so does her gaze. She looks back towards Hellrunner ++"Yeah that last one was rude. Sorry, chief."++ She looks passed him towards the large robot, and then towards the others.
AR051A.jpg
AR052A.jpg

The rider suddenly starts to glow a soft white ++"Take five, Sadie."++ The rider then seems to just vanish with a flickering, like an image suddenly losing fidelity and just disappearing.

The motorcycle's wheels suddenly seem to lock with a soft clicking sound… and then abruptly the whole body of the motorcycle starts to unfold itself with a distinct sound, a sound unique in the universe to those of her species. It takes perhaps 2 seconds, but the motorcycle is suddenly in a humanoid form. She sits on one knee a moment, her brightly glowing eyes then locking on Hellrunner. She pushes herself to her feet, her skin gleaming in what light is offered by this warehouse. She flexes her hands as she frowns down at Hellrunner, she standing nearly 8 feet tall. ++"Like he said, my name is Arcee. Not as hip as Pink Rider, but I've gotten used to it."++ She starts to walk forward as she speaks, her gaze once more moving towards the others. As if to make sure they weren't going to try and attack her. With each footfall, a light metallic 'thud' is heard. ++"He's still alive, even if you couldn't tell before he said something. But he won't be for long if I don't get him help. If any of you have any further objections, you better stop me now from getting to him."++ Herc and Felicity were the only ones thus far that vocalized not having issue with her interceding. She stops near the very larger robot, now a worried expression crossing her features. ++"Hey 'Wing"++ She says softly… and for a moment she seems hesitant to approach him the rest of the way. She only stepped just passed Hellrunner, her brightly glowing eyes looking up and down Deftwing's tattered form. And as she stares… that 'come fite me' exterior seems to dwindle a little. She and Deftwing… to say the least… have had their differences. But to see him like this… it's just tearing her up. It's not so much the fact they are of the same species, both alone on this rock of a world… it's just seeing someone like this… she knows he was tortured… she can see his components were removed… it looks like he's missing whole pieces of himself… it must have been a hell for him… and images of Tailgate run through her mind...

She stands there amongst the humans (for lack of better term), simply staring down at Deftwing. It's almost as if she has forgotten they are there… ++"d..don't.. lef.. let.."++ the straining voice once more coming from the large robot. Arcee looks up towards his eyes, her head tilting to one side a little. ++"Deftwing… can ya hear me?"++ There is no response, his head turning a little as if to look for someone.
AR042A.png

Tagging: @Gands, @Sir Kaltao, @The Wanderer, @LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited:
The woman atop the motorcycle slowly looks from being to being. To their credit, they at least don't want to seem to provoke her. Maybe they're not so dumb after all… Or maybe she's just waaaaay underestimating them. One of those.

The rider's head tilts to one side when Felicity says 'friend'… and she mentions others. She did detect the powerful electromagnetic energies here, and she knows that was being used on Deftwing. Felicity's words do make an impact on her, but Felicity misuses a couple of those words. Like 'friend' and 'things'. She wants to point out they aren't 'things'. No more than humans are.

Shield… she's heard that term before. Some kind of peace keepers, she thinks.

++"Contaminated?"++ she says in a curious tone. Ultron… she doesn't know what an Ultron is. But he doesn't sound good. These slugs are making a bit of a case for themselves. But clearly she isn't convinced yet. Her gaze moves to Batman as he appears, and she just stares at him. Nice suit, man. Some nice tech she hasn't seen on this world. Primitive, but still nice. And as Hellrunner addresses her, the rider's gaze moves back to him. He's blocking her from getting to Deftwing. And in this enclosed space, she wouldn't be able to outmaneuver him. She might think he's a punk, but he's fast. She's smart enough to give him credit. ++"Pink Rider isn't awful."++ She once did say if she could go back, she would have made her primary color pink, and then blue her secondary color. Her gaze lingers on Batman, and then on Herc as he starts to speak. He speaks of 3 factions… 'Cons? No… no that can't be. They haven't surfaced on Earth in years. Besides, what would they want with Deftwing? They pretty much already used him up and spit him out. And if they wanted him dead, he would be dead. Earth factions? What kind of faction could do this to Deftwing? He's no lightweight… She is pointed to once more, her head tilting to one side.

++"a…a.R…C…e…e…"++

A low, weak voice comes from large robot splayed across the table, and her gaze snaps to him. She looks back towards Hellrunner, her head bowing a little. She's really anxious to take out some aggression on these beings. But her sense of duty is far too strong at the moment. ++"Friend is too strong a term for me and him, firstly."++ Her gaze now sweeps amongst them, holding upon each of their eyes a moment before moving on. Her tone calmed, subtle. ++"And don't call us 'things'. That's offensive to anyone."++ The helmet of the rider looks in Herc's direction. ++"I appreciate your compliance… but me being picky, I should point out… I never said I could repair him. Only that I was gonna get him out of here. I can't repair. That's not exactly my realm of expertise… But I appreciate the thought, big guy."++ Her gaze now lingers on Hellrunner. With each point, she holds up a single finger. ++"If you all had gone to the explosion like I wanted, I wouldn't have to threaten."++ A second finger held up ++"You can ask as many questions as you want. I can NOT answer as many as I want."++ A third finger is held up ++"I don't have to scare you to beat the slag out of you, chief."++ Her hand lowers slowly, and so does her gaze. She looks back towards Hellrunner ++"Yeah that last one was rude. Sorry, chief."++ She looks passed him towards the large robot, and then towards the others.
AR051A.jpg
AR052A.jpg

The rider suddenly starts to glow a soft white ++"Take five, Sadie."++ The rider then seems to just vanish with a flickering, like an image suddenly losing fidelity and just disappearing.

The motorcycle's wheels suddenly seem to lock with a soft clicking sound… and then abruptly the whole body of the motorcycle starts to unfold itself with a distinct sound, a sound unique in the universe to those of her species. It takes perhaps 2 seconds, but the motorcycle is suddenly in a humanoid form. She sits on one knee a moment, her brightly glowing eyes then locking on Hellrunner. She pushes herself to her feet, her skin gleaming in what light is offered by this warehouse. She flexes her hands as she frowns down at Hellrunner, she standing nearly 8 feet tall. ++"Like he said, my name is Arcee. Not as hip as Pink Rider, but I've gotten used to it."++ She starts to walk forward as she speaks, her gaze once more moving towards the others. As if to make sure they weren't going to try and attack her. With each footfall, a light metallic 'thud' is heard. ++"He's still alive, even if you couldn't tell before he said something. But he won't be for long if I don't get him help. If any of you have any further objections, you better stop me now from getting to him."++ Herc and Felicity were the only ones thus far that vocalized not having issue with her interceding. She stops near the very larger robot, now a worried expression crossing her features. ++"Hey 'Wing"++ She says softly… and for a moment she seems hesitant to approach him the rest of the way. She only stepped just passed Hellrunner, her brightly glowing eyes looking up and down Deftwing's tattered form. And as she stares… that 'come fite me' exterior seems to dwindle a little. She and Deftwing… to say the least… have had their differences. But to see him like this… it's just tearing her up. It's not so much the fact they are of the same species, both alone on this rock of a world… it's just seeing someone like this… she knows he was tortured… she can see his components were removed… it looks like he's missing whole pieces of himself… it must have been a hell for him… and images of Tailgate run through her mind...

She stands there amongst the humans (for lack of better term), simply staring down at Deftwing. It's almost as if she has forgotten they are there… ++"d..don't.. lef.. let.."++ the straining voice once more coming from the large robot. Arcee looks up towards his eyes, her head tilting to one side a little. ++"Deftwing… can ya hear me?"++ There is no response, his head turning a little as if to look for someone.
AR042A.png

Tagging: @Gands, @Sir Kaltao, @The Wanderer, @LuckycoolHawk9

Sonic had been tracking Dr. Eggman for some time now. All this tracking and yet, all leads had come up futile. Dead ends. It was almost as if the doctor had somehow vanished out of thin air!

Well, that is until Sonic caught wind of some type of weird robot up on a city called Metropolis. Now, while he didn't know if this was one of Eggman's robots, it was the only lead that the hedgehog had so far. So rationally, Sonic made his way to the coordinates Tails had sent him.

tumblr_onsagmsAtw1tth72mo2_250.png

Once he reached the area in question, the hedgehog was a bit surprised that it was an empty warehouse. At least, he thought it was empty until he saw a few humans and....

The robot! Well, at least Sonic thought this was the robot. In reality it was actually a friendly named Arcee, but Sonic had no way of knowing that, now did he?

tumblr_inline_o0trtjRQcS1te53r8_100.png

"Heh... and here was me thinking that 'ole Eggster didn't have any more tricks up his sleeve!" Sonic exclaimed before pointing to Arcee. "Time to send you back to the scrapheap!" The three hedgehog said. Wasting no more time, Sonic run off at an insane speed toward Arcee. To the average eye, it would appear almost as if he had just disappeared out of thin air!

Though in roughly half a second later, Sonic was already right next to the eight foot tall robot and had fired a homing attack towards her.

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Sir Kaltao @The Wanderer

Her gaze now lingers on Hellrunner. With each point, she holds up a single finger. ++"If you all had gone to the explosion like I wanted, I wouldn't have to threaten."++ A second finger held up ++"You can ask as many questions as you want. I can NOT answer as many as I want."++ A third finger is held up ++"I don't have to scare you to beat the slag out of you, chief."++ Her hand lowers slowly, and so does her gaze. She looks back towards Hellrunner ++"Yeah that last one was rude. Sorry, chief."++

Chief? Did she just call me Chief? Hellrunner's flaming body burned brighter. Joe didn't know much about himself, but he'd pieced together that he was of American Indian descent, and accrued a bit of baggage as a result. And though this woman would have had no way of knowing this, it still stoked his smoldering annoyance into anger.

Even though he was quite surprised at the sudden transformation of the motorcycle into a giant robot, Hellrunner still didn't appear intimidated. What did lighten his anger was the emotional scene that unfolded between this Arcee and the one he learned was named Deftwing . He could see this was something else going on. Not friendship, but maybe camradarie?

All the same, this Deftwing could lead him to this Ultron, to his revenge. Maybe there was some way they could help each other. If he tried, maybe his power could heal Deftwing. He was more than a vehicle for certain, but he felt it was worth a shot.

Hellrunner was about to extend the olive branch, when this blue animal seemingly came out of nowhere and made a show of his arrival before attacking Arcee. This thing, it was faster than him, but Hellrunner was just fast enough in this short space to hopefully intercept the blue hedgehog with a superpowered and fiery right hook.

@Camleen @thatguyinthestore

Last edited by a moderator:
Chief? Did she just call me Chief? Hellrunner's flaming body burned brighter. Joe didn't know much about himself, but he'd pieced together that he was of American Indian descent, and accrued a bit of baggage as a result. And though this woman would have had no way of knowing this, it still stoked his smoldering annoyance into anger.

Even though he was quite surprised at the sudden transformation of the motorcycle into a giant robot, Hellrunner still didn't appear intimidated. What did lighten his anger was the emotional scene that unfolded between this Arcee and the one he learned was named Deftwing . He could see this was something else going on. Not friendship, but maybe camradarie?

All the same, this Deftwing could lead him to this Ultron, to his revenge. Maybe there was some way they could help each other. If he tried, maybe his power could heal Deftwing. He was more than a vehicle for certain, but he felt it was worth a shot.

Hellrunner was about to extend the olive branch, when this blue animal seemingly came out of nowhere and made a show of his arrival before attacking Arcee. This thing, it was faster than him, but Hellrunner was just fast enough in this short space to hopefully intercept the blue hedgehog with a superpowered and fiery right hook.

@Camleen @thatguyinthestore

Normally, Sonic would have been able to dodge such an attack. But in the specific instance, the hedgehog happened to be caught off guard due to all of his attention being focused on Arcee and was hit head on by Hellrunner's attack.

Rolling off to the side (the guy packed a good punch), Sonic quickly got back up and rubbed the area in which he was hit before smirking.

sNoiv.jpg

"Heh.. you pack quite a punch for one of Eggman's goons." Sonic commented as he stood there idly tapping his foot, practically begging Hellrunner to come at him with another attack.

@Sir Kaltao @Camleen