G

Gands

Original poster
upload_2017-5-6_23-17-25.png

Metropolis. The city most held up to symbolize the American dream. Liberty and Independence, Delaware's motto. Held tightly to by Metropolisians (or Metropolites, the terms are in about equal use).
A city shaped by its savior, Superman. A symbol of how one man can accomplish anything, and do the right thing, despite the outside pressures of the world and opposition.
Not that Metropolis doesn't have its dark side, it's ugly side. Many of its villains sit in glass skyscrapers, enacting their evils from inside of board rooms and on conference calls
There's a dark side to Metropolis. It just gets a new coat of paint and some shiny chrome to hide it.

Welcome to Metropolis

This sandbox rp is part of the Epic Mashup Clan.
Find it here and check it out. https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/groupdiscussions/epic-mashup.219/

Metropolis

The 2015 Dodge Challenger taken by Joe, the Hell runner.

It takes very little time for the vehicle to get from point A, the fixit shop to point B the warehouse. For those people inside the vehicle with Hell Runner, the ride is an incredible stomach turning amusement park ride that goes too fast . There is definitely something odd, the car is flaming and it seems like the original vehicle may not have been designed for this speed.

At the warehouse a brief security check indicates it's still locked and all of the systems are working. Your ears make out the sounds of combat.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Sir Kaltao

James and Felicity

James hated this car ride more than he cared to admit. He growled and threw up once they finally stopped. Next time we do something that stupid, can we agree not to go that fast in a care not made for speed?" He bit down on his tongue hoping that he wouldn't have to tell them again.

" I think there might be some fighting inside. We should probably approach this carefully. I have my id, so it should be easy to get in. Should being the keyword."

@Gands @Sir Kaltao

MAJOR LEHNSHERR, AGENT OF SHIELD

The mission was simple: investigate a new piece of experimental robotics SHIELD tracked down to a warehouse in Metropolis. SHIELD needed as much intel as possible -- number, capabilities, destination, origin, design specs, manufacturer. Even more concerning was SHIELD's lack of any knowledge about this new robot.

Major Erik Lehnsherr, agent of SHIELD on loan from the Israel Defense Forces, didn't care. As long as the robot was made of metal, he was confident he could handle it. Nearly two decades of combat service in Israel and the United States meant he had nerves harder than the steel he could bend with his mind.

SHIELD sent him on a Quinjet into Metropolis airspace. He didn't even wait for the pilot to announce the approach to the warehouse coordinates. He simply extended a hand and opened the bay doors himself.

"Major?" the pilot questioned in surprise.

Lehnsherr smirked back. "I'll take over from here, pilot. Just be ready for pickup."

"Sir, what about a parachute...."

Lehnsherr leaped into the void with arms extended. Off in the distance, an eagle shrieked.

But he did not fall. He flew.

Magnetic fields were his tools and he warped them around him to facilitate a graceful descent like a bird on the wing. Below, the corrugated metal rooftop of the warehouse sang to his senses. With a thought, he peeled an opening for his insertion and he landed upon the ground floor with only a slight dustoff.

That was when he heard an ominous whirring behind him. Red and yellow lights -- sensory apparatuses, apparently -- flared to life. Lehnsherr stood to face the mechanical robotic terror before him. In all its grim, warlike glory, the war machine lumbered toward him with weapon-ports open.

Gunfire rattled at him, ports spitting out hundreds of rounds a second. And Lehnsherr continued to smirk patiently. The hail of bullets simply slowed to a stop in front of him, the accumulated slugs quickly forming a small wall of lead before him. With a wave of his hand, Lehnsherr sent the storm of bullets back; they ricocheted off the robot's bulletproof hide.

Lehnsherr, adjusted his gloves and tugged on the black SHIELD fatigues he wore to straighten them. That smirk never left his face. "Well, why don't we have a little fun, hm?"

The robot obliged.

The sound of combat roared.

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

In the Warehouse district. Metropolis

Nearby to our intrepid heroes, two warehouses over a 9 foot tall Robotic prototype broke out of it's test facility trading weapons fire with a flying man in a blue uniform.

At their warehouse, noticing another shield uniform Driver "Joe" frowned, getting back into the purloined car and driving away slowly.

Meanwhile, there are still sounds of scuffling inside.. your warehouse, just as Hercules pulls up in his modified motorcycle.

"What in Hades is going on anyway ? I heard shield chatter on my radio, not Metropolis locals. "

@Razilin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sir Kaltao

James Hunter and Felicity Smoak

James took a deep breath and looked over at the warehouse. What in the name of all that was holy had he gotten himself involved in? He really wanted to leave, but he noticed that Felicity was giving him the look that he might get shoot in the foot if he did that.

Literally, he also had the feeling. He wasn't sure why, but the last time he had thought he was talking to an average woman when a steal failed, he had wound up with several broken bones....

" I think we shouldn't barge in...." James ignored what the woman said and just wanted it to be over with.

He used his powers to attempt to blow the door off of its hinge, screw caution. Those people who had made him fight for his life ticked him off,

@Razilin @Gands @Sir Kaltao

The warehouse doors burst open as newcomers arrived.

Lehnsherr gave a cursory look toward the ruined doors, only to immediately regret it when the robot punched him hard enough to send him careening in that direction. He managed to slow his journey with his powers, hovering before the now-opened doors and the newcomers.

"This is SHIELD jurisdiction," he told them sharply. "Clear out of here, now!" The last thing he needed were civilians getting caught up in a crossfire. The robot lumbered toward them, its shoulders sliding back to reveal missile warheads. "Of course...." the agent griped under his breath.

Missiles rocketed toward them. In response, Lehnsherr extended his hands, ripped an I-beam from the ceiling, and dropped it on top of the oncoming projectiles. Explosions rocked the warehouse and the heat and flame wafted over him.

Lehnsherr called out to the newcomers, "Are you all right?"

Metropolis warehouse district

Felicity quickly realized her mistake. They were at the wrong warehouse, this was the Trask warehouse that was next to theirs. . .

Meanwhile, Hercules, finally getting off his motorcycle, jogged over to the recently dropped metal beam, picked it up and bashed the 8 ft tall robot with it, causing significant damage.

"Major, didn't realize you were in my neck of the woods ! I haven't seen you since that international security conference last spring ! We are here on something of an emergency investigation of our own. This woman works for Oliver Queen, We had a nasty run in with some miniature poison spewing robots ourselves. This young fellow is with me, his name is James".

Hercules does look over at Felicity for a moment, with a kind of what's going on expression.

Of note, Hercules is wearing Shield insignia with the rank of Area commander for Metropolis.

Felicity Smoak and James Hunter

Felicity wasn't going to admit she made a mistake at first, but they were close to the warehouse they were traveling too. Everything felt a little too coincidental to her though as it would seem.

James threw up his shield to make sure that he wasn't going to be hurt. There were too many people here and he was too nervous around all of these people. He bit on his tongue.

"Major, didn't realize you were in my neck of the woods ! I haven't seen you since that international security conference last spring ! We are here on something of an emergency investigation of our own. This woman works for Oliver Queen, We had a nasty run in with some miniature poison spewing robots ourselves. This young fellow is with me, his name is James".

" It looks like we went to the wrong warehouse. I was one off with the number and it seems like it is the warehouse next door, but it definitely seems weird of where this warehouse is compared to the danger. I don't believe this was some sheer accident, I believe it was done on purpose. We should probably go next door to see what is going in that warehouse...and perhaps-"

James had already heard her and went to blow up the two doors that were to the left and right of them.

@Gands @Sir Kaltao @Razilin

Lehnsherr nodded at Hercules, recognizing the other SHIELD agent from the aforementioned security conference a few months ago. He didn't know him well, other than that he was the area commander for Metropolis and, thus, SHIELD's official representative in the area. In other words, Metropolis was his turf.

The other two, James and the woman whose name Lehnsherr still didn't know, were complete unknowns to him. However, if the woman worked for Oliver Queen -- the Arrow, according to SHIELD files on the man -- then she had to have some utility in the field. A psych profile on Queen suggested the man was intense and highly trained, leading Lehnsherr to believe the same of Queen's associates.

"Glad to see another agent on the field, Hercules," Lehnsherr replied. "The four of us will need to coordinate and take out this machine." Already, the robot was reloading for another salvo. Lehnsherr quickly brought up his hands. He reached out with his mind, controlling the metal in the robot's armaments, locking gears and launchers in place. The screech of grinding metal shrieked in the warehouse. "Urgh...I'm holding back his next attack. You three need to take him out. I can't...hold him...forever...."

@Gands @Sir Kaltao @LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited by a moderator:
Hercules Metropolis warehouse district

"James, please let Felicity check the door security first, we may learn something"

As he spoke, the lion of Olympus pulled out his mace from his duffle bag and leapt onto the struggling robot. He starts mashing the area where he figures the ammunition must be with his incredible strength and matchless mace. At one point...

"Uh Oh"

The thing has a reddish tint to it's coloring now and is making some sort of alarm noise as Hercules leaps off.

" Send the thing up Major, in a hurry please"

@Razilin @LuckycoolHawk9

James Hunter and Felicity Smoak

James wasn't happy that the robot had an alarm and covered his ears. He was quiet and hoping that it was sent away. Somehow he doubted it was going to be that easy, but he had a surprise or two that can do.

Meanwhile, Felicity looked to see if she could hack the robot to shut it off.

@Gands @Razilin

Metropolis Warehouse district

Of Note, Felicity upon trying to hack into the robot will notice three things.

1. This is a Trask Model, she can recognize the style and simplicity of the programming.
2. This Robot seems to have a distinct task and currently has distinctly identified the Major as it's target.
3. This model is having major issues and is going to blow...

@Razilin @LuckycoolHawk9

Felicity noticed that there was three of notes to this robot to be quite honest.

" I am with Hercules on sending that thing up high into the air. It will blow. I am going to attempt to stop it from exploding, but it may not work," Felicity said, as she attempted to override the destruction feature.

James started to form his shield around the others in case it failed.

@Razilin @Gands

Joe had driven away when it appeared this wasn't the right warehouse, looking for another. Why should I get tossed up in whatever the hell's going on? He had thought. If they want to put out every fire they come across, that's their business. I have mine.

But he had only made it a block before stopping, then getting out of the car. He saw and heard the signs of the conflict escalating, and couldn't stop worrying about the blonde. She was in over her head in his opinion, and the main source for him to uncover his real target.

Moving at top speed, Hellrunner came blazing back onto the scene and seeing that this robotic monstrosity was ready to blow, managed to grab Felicity first and bring her to a safe distance away from the blast. He runs back, intending to grab James and Hercules one-by-one and bring them to the same spot. But was he fast enough to get both before the thing blew?

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Razilin

Felicity Smoak

Felicity was grabbed and frowned until she saw that it was the hell runner and she bit down on her tongue. She didn't like the idea of being rescued and she didn't know if he could save the others. She did know that the other man was trying to form the shield, but she had no clue how durable his powers were. Felicity continued to attempt to hack the robot to prevent it from blowing up.

@Razilin @Gands @Sir Kaltao

More unknowns joining the fight? Lehnsherr wondered when Hellrunner showed up. Getting a little crowded in here. Then he noted how the robot's joints began whirring and grinding menacingly. Sparks and arcs of electricity started to jump within the exposed surfaces of its chassis. Guess more meat for the grill when this thing blows....

"Hurry up, lady!" Lehnsherr barked at Felicity, who was still working on hacking the thing. Then he said to Hercules, "Toss it up, I'll give you the springboard!" Getting the robot as high up as possible was, agreeably, the safest way to handle it at this point.

Lehnsherr redirected his energies from simply holding the robot in place to manipulating the electromagnetic fields around it, balling them underneath it, and readying the fields like a spring. Hercules would find it even easier to launch the robot into the air with Lehnsherr's field manipulation effectively making the robot lighter. The precision required, though, was taxing the major and sweat beaded on his brow.

Felicity is fighting a delaying hack with the Trask Robot's simple self destruct program. It isn't blowing up yet....

Hercules, looks over at the Major having been waiting for the signal moves quickly over to the Robot, lifting it and tossing it upwards with his considerable might. Aided by the Major's own powers, it seems a safe distance into the air..

" Now Felicity, Now, let it go "

Felicity was fighting the timer and hoping that she had enough time to let it go.

James carefully started to form a shield around the robot in case it did blow up. He had realized that it would take less energy to do that then his initial plan of trying to shield all the other people in the area. He hoped that they got it high enough to not hurt people.

Felicity let it go.

@Gands @Sir Kaltao @Razilin

Near the Trask and the Queen Warehouses.

Up into the air went the prototype Sentinel robot. Like a well oiled plan, it blew up with sound and fury largely contained.

On the far side of the Queen warehouse, where Felicity was dropped off, she finally has a moment to check the hi tech locking mechanism. It in fact itself has been hacked. This is being done as the others gather themselves back up.

@Razilin @Sir Kaltao @LuckycoolHawk9