Elite Magical Girl Academy (Shoujo-Ai/Yuri) (Closed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
*shrugs* Eh, mine has a hidden tribute to my favorite game series so I can't be all high and mighty to be honest.

My avatar and username are also the game series nod, actually. As for magical girls, I'm a big fan of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Senki Zehhou Symphogear. I've seen Madoka Magica and Yuki Yuna recently (and they're good, if not quite traditional). Used to watch the old Sailor Moon dub on TV. And I've seen a couple series of Precure, specifically Doki Doki and Smile. I think that's about it for me, unless I'm missing some corner cases or other such things. Those first tow I mentioned are usually the biggest influences on me when it comes to how I go about things, though.

Just remembered: There was this series that has a minor degree of magical girl elements but it's more a coming of age story than anything. It's called Uta Kata and is just beautiful~

Also: @Olissa, 26 episodes, thanks... ^^''

Depending on how you define 'magical girl' here's the full list. This includes girls with powers that don't transform but still have powers.

Sailor Moon
Pretear (Used an outfit of this show for Umiko/Ondine)
Tokyo Mew Mew
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
Magic Knight Rayearth
Princess Tutu (< cosplayed as princess Kraehe)
Mermaid Melody
PreCure/Pretty Cure
Wedding Peach
Puchi Puri Yuushi
Tweeny Witches
Uta Kata
Lilpri
Jubei-chan
Cardcaptor Sakura
Negima
Mai-HiME/Mai-Otome
Utena
Shugo Charra!
Alice 19th
Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne
Winx Club (Isn't an anime, I know, but still magical girl)
Sakura Hime
Shamanic Princess
Sugar Sugar Rune
Full Moon o Sagashite
Time Stranger Kyoko
Gakuen Alice
Ultra Maniac
Barajou no Kiss
Kaito Saint Tail
Super pig? Pig Girl? (Forgot the exact name)

These are the ones that I could think of. There are more no doubt.

Last edited:
And thanks to your list I remembered a few more of those I've watched as well. Man, I've watched too many...

I don't think Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei counts, since it's both boys and girls who have magic there.

Well like I said, it depends on how you define the term. if it is strictly girls, and strictly having to include a transformation sequence of sorts, the list would be far shorter
Gakuen Alice falls (in some lists) under the Magical Girl category, even if it's more of a school for boys and girls with super powers (called Alices)

True, Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha kinda falls out of being "Magical Girl" as of StrikerS for example if you focus on female only.

Same goes for Sailor Moon, since the Sailor Stars are guys that transform into girls in the anime, (and remain guys in the manga if I remember correct)

I consider magical girl anything where the majority of the protagonists are female magical girls. I don't mind seeing both genders portrayed. Seiya was one of my favorite characters from Sailor Moon. :3

Edit: @Olissa in the manga they're female.

There really are a lot of things. That list reminded me I never did see all of Utena, just most of it. And I've heard good things about Princess Tutu and should really track it down one day. I could probably add a few more if "girls with powers" count, but probably my own list is good as it is.

Would you consider Zero No Tsukaima a magical girl or not. It's basically a school with magicians in a world full of magic.

Edit:
Princess Tutu is really awesome. This is the character I cosplayed as
Kraehe-princess-tutu-33624976-400-849.jpg

What I've heard is that for a show with the premise of "ballerina magical girls," it really goes some interesting places with it.

Maybe Zero no Tsukaima would? Though it might more just fall into another genre. It's just a single-episode OVA, but Little Witch Academia is another good thing that's just magical people at a magic school, speaking of. And a few things that are girls with powers and such from me: Shakugan no Shana was pretty good. And Gokukoku no Brynhildr's an interesting manga (and anime) that a friend got me hooked on a while ago.

Princess Tutu was really good. I liked it. :)

Even though Princess Tutu has a lot of ballet involved, it mainly is just a tool used to help tell the story. It really is basically about all kinds of stories, inside a story. And the antagonist has a beautiful story. Which is why I love her so much XD

Saw Shakugan no Shana as well, Fushigiboshi no Futagohime, Kanazuki no Miko, Madlax, Magical Canan, Munto, Night Wizard, Ojamajo Doremi, Rozen Maiden, Shuffle!, Tenshi no Shippo. Those are a few aditions. Some might not be considered magical girl types, but I kinda figured it depends on how you stretch the trope XD

Shakugan no Shana <3 Definitely one of my favs. Arguably, a lot of anime's could be magical girl types ... depends on personal definition of the genre, really. Anyone here watch 'Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka?' or even 'Strike Witches'????

I've seen the titles, I didn't find them interesting enough to watch.

Yes to both. I kinda forget Kore wa Zombie has magical girls. Among many, many other bizarre things. Really funny show, though. Strike Witches, I would say doesn't quite count by any usual measure, but we've thrown all those out the window already.

Alright. Well, unfortunately Sison and Haruka haven't posted so I'm giving whoever is locked into contact with them the okay to move along to the assembly hall.

I know people have other engagements and I don't want to come off as inconsiderate of the writers. So, if you're gonna be out or something for an extended period we can arrange something for your char, or something.

Alright. I'll post as Semine tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.