Elementias

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenneth:
"But you yourself don't like swimming much?"
Kenneth asked, filling in the blanks casually. He changed the subject in case it made his roommate uncomfortable. "You not going to the pool party, then?" As if on cue, his Phoenix, which was sitting on his desk in the shape of phoenix squawked angrily and unfolded itself until it revealed a smart-phone-like screen. The screen had a text scrolling across it. "At the pool party. You coming or what, Ken?" It was from an old friend. He bounced the phone in his hand and looked over at his roommate. "I'm heading over right now, actually. Wanna come?" @Azalea Pendragon

Eyvindr and Ginette:
Eyvindr was sitting in the library, going through his third book, when a very familiar voice sounded next to him. "Well, look who it is. First day back and little Evan is already in the library."

"What is it, Ginette?" He asked, not bothering to look up at her. His blood was about as blue as it got, and hers was pretty old and fancy as well. That, combined with the fact that neither of them really had any other friends, had somehow set them up in a weird, brother-sister, relationship that no one could mistake as romantic.

"There's a pool party toda-"

"No." He continued reading, though slowing his pace as he was getting distracted by her.

"You didn't even let me finish." She mock-pouted.

"I don't need to to know exactly what you're going to say. As I tell you every year, I'm not going." Eyvindr said, firmly and without remorse.

She laughed. "Suit yourself. Can't give up an annual ritual, can I?" With a pretty swish of her dark brown hair, she turned and walked off to join the fun.

Maya:
Maya had already made her way to the pool party. Much like another water element she'd seen, she went straight for the water, but rather than go inside, she decided it would be fun to walk on top of it, bringing the water up towards her in spurts. She wasn't wearing a swimsuit, just normal clothes, but water tended to flow off her if she didn't want it on her, so it wasn't so big a deal. She did a little, spinning dance, just enjoying the feeling of controlling the water freely, and ignoring the hubbub of the people around her.

Gwen watched silently as a boy she didn't know entered the pool area. He had taken his sandals off and stripped down to only his swim shorts, then dove straight in, staying in there a few minutes before coming back up. Her eyes followed him as he made his way back to where he had placed his things before, then sat down in his chair and relaxed. Another boy had come not long after, who simply just sat on the edge of the pool and dipped his feet in, looking around. Gwen didn't know anyone very much- not even her dormmate. She observed a few others, one girl was walking on top of the water, a few others were simply just chatting. It was loud around her, but peaceful in her staked claim.

As Evangeline entered the pool grounds she noticed Thomas dipping his feet in the pool.(@Chivarable) Smiling she headed over to him and tapped him on the shoulder.
"Hey there Thomas!"
Smiling at him happily, Evangeline was happy that she had managed to find someone she knew immediately once she entered into the pool party. Looking around she noticed another girl standing shyly by herself and smiled at her motioning her to come over to her. (@PinkArrow) As she waited for the girl to come over she decided to join Thomas into the pool and slipped her converse off as she dipped her feet into the pool.

Gwen could feel the heat rising on the back of her neck. She had just turned her head to gaze back at the boy dipping his feet in the pool, only to find that a girl- and a very beautiful one at that- was gesturing for her to come and join her and the boy. She gulped down her nervousness, but quickly settled with heading over to both the boy and girl. It wasn't a huge group, so she was fine with that, but talking in general was not her strong suite. She weaved her way through some other people, then turned the corner of the pool, approaching the brown-haired girl. "Uh, hi?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thomas turned as a slender finger tapped his shoulder, he was met with a beaming smile, which he returned. ''Hey Evangeline, good to see you again!'' he said, kicking his feet in the water as she pulled her shoes off and sat next to him, doing the same. The girl Evangeline had gestured to made her way over to them as they sat together, ''Hi, I'm Thomas'' he called to when she was only a few steps away.

"As well as it is nice to see you as well Thomas!"
Looking behind her, Evangeline smiled happily as the girl came over and happily motioned to the girl to come sit on the other side of her and kicked the water that she had dipped her feet in. She looks so nervous, well I am sure she will be fine as the night goes on! Looking at the girl she smiled again and then looked over at Thomas as he introduced himself to her.
"And I am Evangeline, pleasure to meet you!"
Waiting for the girl to sit down beside her she smiled and waited for her to do so.

Gwen didn't sit down. She simply nodded at each of the teenager's introductions, crossing her arms over her chest. "I'm Gwen," she spoke, reaching up to rub the back of her neck. "Uh, so you must be my dorm mate, right?" she questioned Evangeline. "I was told that my dorm mate would be a girl named Evangeline..."

Slightly upset that the girl didn't sit down, Evangeline found herself feeling a little sad. Then as the girl said her name, Evangeline looked at the girl with a huge smile.
"Oh! Nice to meet you dormie! Gosh, it seems like we kept missing each other before!"
Giggling Evangeline smiled happily at the girl.

"Um, sorry. That was my fault," Gwen murmured, kicking her bare foot into the water. She didn't know anyone here, hadn't at the beginning because she kept to herself the whole time. She was hoping to be noticed, but no one ever noticed her because she didn't engage in conversation. That was always a downfall of wanting to stay away from large crowds and hang back, observing.

Evangeline blinked and tilted her head slightly, "How has luck and chance have anything to do with you? We just had bad luck for the past couple of hours missing each other barely. We have all of this year and next and forever to get to know each other!"
Smiling happily at Gwen, Evangeline looked at the girls hair.
"Okay. I just have to say this but your hair is just amazing! I love it!"

(@Chivarable, I don't want to keep going and leave you out~ ^^;;)

Alice

A water Awakened Child? What are the odds of that? Alice half wondered if the Queen liked to pair up students with their opposite element. Well, probably not, yet last year her roommate was also a water user. They got along . . . okay for lack of a better word. Her roommate may be a water user also, but this year can be a little better, probably.

Unlike her roommate last year, Brea was an Awakened Child, and Alice was pretty sure Brea knows about the scorn other Elementias had on Awakened Children. Alice herself was an Elementia but she had no qualms against Awakened Children. But should she tell her?

There was the sound of rustling clothes behind her and Alice turned to see Brea pulling on a bikini.

"You should get ready, I imagine the parties already started."

Alice turned back, a little pink in the face. Awkward.

"Might as well. I'll finish unpacking later." Alice pulled out a yellow bikini and a red hoodie, running to the bathroom to change. Alice really wanted this year to be better, not just with grades but with her social life too. She'll tell Brea later, when they have gotten to know each other more.

Alice returned, zipping on her hoodie. "I'm ready," she said and pulled out her Phoenix. "Hey, let's meet up with my brother. He may want to come too."

Soren

Soren watch as the paper moved to a new spot on the desk, as if it were moved by an invisible hand. Axel seemed to be pretty advanced with his powers already. Maybe he's an Elementia. He'll have to ask Axel if he can record some of his tricks to send to his sister, Sophie, back home. She'll be delighted.

"A party?" he asked. "What party?"

His Yggdrasil chimed and he opened a new text from Alice.

{I'm going to a pool party. Wanna come?}

"Okay, I'll go," he said, immediately crossing to his dresser and pulling out a pair of lime green swimming trunks. Sounds like fun and he might make some friends too. Plus if Alice was going to be there, somebody had to keep her in check.

He started changing, pulling off his sweater first until he remembered something. He popped his head from the wide end, his white hair a little flatter now. "By the way, Axel, if you ever get confronted by a loud fire girl, I'm am very sorry," he said.

Kairia felt a little guilty as the girl she was planning on introducing herself to came over and sat beside her. Her cheeks turned red in embarrassment but tried to hide it with a friendly smile. Coming off rude would be a bad start. Some people didn't understand how being shy can take over your actions. This new girl introduced herself as Delphinium. An exotic name but pleasant on the ears. Delphinium was a blonde, blue-eyed pixie like girl. Small in build but Kairia felt that there was more to her than this first impression.

"Yeah, I'm new. Kairia, by the way."

Then curiosity took over and the words tumbled out of her mouth.

"Are you a water person? Because you were in the water and then you came out and you were wet but then you weren't."

@Azalea Pendragon

Leon was still in his corner of the lounge on the laptop with a copy of command and conquer the first decade in and running. He was oblivious to the fact that there was a pool party going on and he didn't have a set off swimming trunks...that and he still was a walking fire storm without his ring on.

Delphinium:

Delphinium smiled when Kairia mentioned seeing her use her element. So she was observant and at least a little curious. She had a shy disposition, and it seemed doubtful that Del was going to get very close to her in their first meeting, but she could also tell that the real Kairia was inching her way to the surface. If it wasn't Delphinium that could bring out her true self, than it would probably be someone else. Perhaps someone of Kairia's element?
"Yes, I'm a water element, you guessed correctly! I can dry myself off if I don't want to stay wet," she explained.
Kairia looked less anxious after having been verified that Del was a water element, so Del decided to continue the conversation.

"What about you, what element are you?" (@Kairia )

Oliver:

Oliver shrugged his shoulders as if he were debating whether or not to go with his roommate. In truth, though, he was hoping to see his sister there. Sure, she had probably already made a friend or two, and sure his blasted jealousy was bound to get in the way, but if he was honest with himself, he missed her already. THey weren't separated much and were connected in a way other siblings weren't. Oliver could always tell when Delphinium was upset or hurt, and she could do the same. He knew that she knew about his jealousy, but he also knew her well enough to know she wouldn't tell the whole world about it.
"Sure, I'll come," he said, smiling at Ken (@firejay1 ).

Asbel:
It took a while to find Farren's dorm. First of all, there was a super long line waiting at the desk where they got their keys, and when he finally found which dorm she was at, he had to pass through god knows how many freshmen squealing in the hallways. He knocked on the door and it was opened by Farren, who was rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. "Hey Ren." he said as she opened the door for him, and layed back down on her bed. She answered with muffled words from her pillow. Asbel sighed, and tapped his foot on the ground. "Wake up Renny. We have a pool party to go to." He had already changed, he was wearing his swim trunks and a red shirt, with his towel on his shoulder.

She turned around, and looked at him, confused. "What party? I didn't hear about a party."

"This is why you need a phone." he answered exasperatedly.

"I don't believe in gadgets that warp your mind, and give you a sick addiction to it." she answered while covering her eyes. "Get out. I need to change, and don't call me Renny."

Asbel grinned, and stepped out of the dorm room, while closing the door.

Farren:
Farren changed into her bikini, but put on her shorts and a shirt over it. She wasn't comfortable around people, much less when they could see 75% of her skin. She got a towel, and walked out of her dorm, locking it behind her.

"You know, you should really-" started Asbel, but I cut him off.

"No!" whined Farren. "Sure I need one, but I don't want my mind to be controlled by a piece of technology. I'd rather be putside, and do productive things."

Asbel chuckled and rubbed his hand on her head wildly, messing up her hair. "Hey!" She yelled. Farren tried to do the same, but he evades her attack. "Come back here!"

They ended up running all the way to the pool.

"My mother told me I'm a fire element but I'm not sure if she's right. I haven't blown up or anything."

Kairia sighed deeply and laid her head back on her shoulders to gaze at the dimming sky.

"When my mother told me, I got upset and decided to dye my hair this ridiculous red. She thinks hair dye is pretty trashy and I wanted to make her mad."

She shook her hair out of her face and looked over at Delphinium. This water pixie was rather quiet. A stark contrast to the rambunctious crowd. Kairia felt that she was easy to just sit and talk to. Even the pauses between conversation were relaxing. Without realizing, she was smiling easily and enjoying the sound of the water beneath them.

@Azalea Pendragon

Attachments

• piercing-redhead-portrait-style-make-up-photoshop-wallpaper.jpg
    piercing-redhead-portrait-style-make-up-photoshop-wallpaper.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 0
Breanne:
Her brown eyes watched as her roomie gathered her clothing, and headed to the bathrooms to change. Okay, Brea thought to herself, So, she's uncomfortable changing in front of me. Good to know. This meant Breanne wouldn't strip in front of her anymore, which would be a bit of a pain She thought it was a it silly to go all the way down tot he bathrooms just to put on a change of clothing. But, if it made her roommate uncomfortable, she wouldn't do it. While she was gone, Breanne played around on her phone, reading some of the other threads on the school's forum.

When Alice returned, she said something about meeting up with her brother. "Okay," Brea agreed with a smile, maybe her brother would be cool. And, if not, she'd politely excuse herself and find some of her old friends. She grabbed her stuff, including her key, Lilypad, and towel, and headed out the door. "Where are we meeting him?" she asked as she pulled the door closed, hearing it click into place behind her.
(( @Yuuki_Tatsunohi ))

Kyler:
It wasn't long before Kyler had purchased the alcoholic beverages and carried them back to the pool party. When he returned, the party was already getting started. He grinned widely as he made his way over to the coolers, wasting no time putting the drinks inside and then sealing it shut. He wanted to do it quickly, so the freshman and other classmates who were prone to snitching would not catch him. It would really suck to end up in the dean's office before classes even started.

... Again.

You know it's bad when the principle actually expects to see you on the first day. With a smile he looked up, his eyes sweeping around the pool. He smiled when he saw that the volleyball court was set up, and decided he'd start up a game later that night. It was too early to start those kind of activities. Smoothly, Kyler opened up the cooler full of non-alcoholic drinks, grabbed a mountain dew, and opened the can. After chugging down half the can, he looked over at Faiht. It seemed like the rest of their little group had already fanned out, making conversation with other people. "We sure know how to throw a party, he commented."
(( @ch0sen1 ))

Theodore:
After purchasing all his items Theodore headed back to his dorm. He was surprised to find that his roommate, who he remembered was named Christian (( @Maya-chan )) still hadn't made much of an appearance. With a shrug he pulled on his swimwear and headed out the door, not wanting to arrive to the party to late. It seemed like whenever he did that it was too late for him to join a group, as most of them were already in conversations. And, he was bad at joining conversations late.

As he approached the pool he could feel the currents through the ground. Not only from the music playing, which he could also hear, but from the people already at the pool. Dancing slightly, kicking their feet in the pool. He was sure that if he wanted to, he could count exactly how many of his classmates were already there. But, he decided against it, because as soon as the thought crossed his mind he arrived at the pool. Theodore took a moment to look around, trying to find any of his friends.

Axel:
The boy looked over at his roommate as he mentioned a loud fire Elementia female, and nodded once. "Thanks for apologizing in advance," he said to Sorren, trying to decide whether he meant a family member or a close friend. A sister perhaps? He'd find out soon enough. Axel reached for his swim trunks, putting them on in a breeze. He then pulled on a white tank top to wear until he actually got into the water, because he didn't really like walking around shirtless for no reason. It made him feel like a cocky, arrogant, douche bag for some reason. He then checked his hair in the mirror, deciding it looked alright, and reached for his TecPlate. He gripped it firmly, and turned back to face Sorren. "Ready when you are," he told him, half-smiling at the male.
( @Yuuki_Tatsunohi )

Faiht.jpg

Faiht grooves and moves slightly to the music as people start to fill in more and more. She spots many familiar faces and many fresh ones as well, of all classes and types. She sees the senior Maya, probably the most popular water Elementia amongst the surface of the pool. Faiht had known her, but not super close. She also seen another senior, Thomas with two unknown females. Another person she wasn't extra close to, but they'd exchange smiles in the hallways. Finally she spots a powerful water senior Del with her roommate Kai. Seemed like they were getting along very well, she was glad that her Freshman roommie could make aquaintance with another person, let alone an upperclassmen.

Kyler approaches Faiht's side and begins to speak to her.
Kyler: "We sure know how to throw a party!"

"Yeah it's picking up pretty good huh? Well, I guess it's time."

Faiht removes her short shorts to reveal her full bikini and places them with her other belongings. She wraps her long and lush brunette hair into a ponytail and looks at Kyler with distinction. She knew the hot headed boy would look, but Kyler was a good friend, she didn't mind. Kyler was like that annoying but protective brother you couldn't help but love to Faiht. She glances at Cora and smirks a bit as she floats up to the absolute top of the complex. She was about 100 feet in the air, floating. She closes her eyes and releases manipulation of the air molecules, essentially dropping herself into free fall right into the pool. A big splash spreads through the area, ranging and even getting some people wet. Faiht arises and vibrates the air in front of her face to dry her eyes and facial skin off.

"That was fun..."

While Kairia was chatting with Delphinium, the Cooler Dude came racing back and stuffed a bunch of drinks into one of the coolers. She thought she spotted some liquor but couldn't be sure without asking. As a freshman, she doubted she was "in" amongst the drinking crew. Maybe she'd sneak a few back to the dorms. Faiht seemed like either she'd be cool with it and Kairia would definitely share. It was the least she could do for such a nice girl. Cooler Dude was talking to Faiht, chatting her up while she was stripping into her bikini. Kairia wasn't a fan of pink but the generous cleavage was eye-catching. Even Kyler couldn't keep his eyes off her.

Faiht seemed to know she was gaining his attention and took her time putting up her beautiful brown hair. Then she gracefully rose, higher and higher until she was centered directly above the pool. Then she fell, gracefully, of course, met with a big splash as the water caught her. Kairia and Delphinium were swallowed in the spray, among all the other party goers. The water irritated Kairia's eyes, and she rubbed them dry. That's when she noticed the steam. It was wafting off her skin and dissipating into the warm air. Was this because of the fire within her? Scientifically, it made sense but Elementias were beyond the realms of science.

Soon the water felt more like sweat and her skin stayed warm. It was strange to feel so hot after being doused with water.

@Brea @Azalea Pendragon @ch0sen1

Attachments

• piercing-redhead-portrait-style-make-up-photoshop-wallpaper.jpg
    piercing-redhead-portrait-style-make-up-photoshop-wallpaper.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 2
Delphinium

Del pondered whether or not Kairia would appreciate a pat on the back. She finally decided that it wasn't worth getting anxious over, and she patted Kairia's shoulder.
"I think it suits you. And your mother will still love you, no matter the color of your hair."

Del smiled and watched as Kairia visibly began to relax. Her hair was a vibrant red, but it somehow suited the girl as it blew back gently in the wind. She was self-conscious, for sure, but Delphinium could tell that even now, she was feeling more at ease with her surroundings. She noticed Kairia watching some guy with a cooler, and another, very stunning girl who began moving quite quickly towards the pool. Before Fairia and Delphinium could move away, the girl jumped in, causing a wave to crash into the two girls. Delphinium let the water sink into her skin, and this time, didn't dry herself off. Partly because she simply didn't want to, and partly because the sizzling sound beside her made her forget all about it.

Kairia was staring at her arm with wide eyes, watching as steam ebbed from her skin. Delphinium brushed her wet hair from her face and smiled brightly at Kairia.
"Well what do you know! She was right about you!"

@Kairia

Status
Not open for further replies.