Elementias

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Not exactly. I am an awakened child and I've been an orphan since my powers came to life. Lost my mother and two sisters the moment my father, Alexander, was murdered. The person who killed my father was incinerated along with everyone and everything I cared about. But the cops and everyone else seen my survival as a miracle. But i carry the guilt of killing the rest of my family in the inferno. The rest of my family, the ones not in the house, want nothing to do with me and I really don't blame them. I'm fortunate enough to get my inheritance even though I don't deserve it." Leon said with a very sad look in his eyes as he tried to hide the pain that accompanied the memory of his awakening.

images
All light in the atmosphere dimmed "Oh, that must have been terrible. I would gladly train you I mean if you want." Cora tried to comfort Leon but it wasn't in her expertise. "And when I mean train I mean like help you get control of your powers and I can't be hurt by your fire."

"I would be glad to take you up on that offer, Cora. And yeah, It's a hard thing to live with, but I'll live for them. My death would bring only more pain than anything else." Leon said with a smile. He was surprised by the offers of help he was getting.

images
"Great I normally work out an hour before school I can cut that in half and give your training two hours. 7-9 every week day how does that sound?" Words just flowed out of Cora's mouth as she thought out loud. Cora was excited to help someone for a change she's never done this before she actually rather stay away from the awakened but Leon seemed different and kind of afraid of himself.

"Sounds like a plan to me." Leon said with a smile. He really wanted to get his flames under control so he didn't burn anything he didn't want to burn. He did fear his own powers because of what he did to his family. He didn't want his past to come back in the form of him killing anyone else.

Delphinium

Delphinium woke up around 9:00 when her alarm went off. She groaned and hit the snooze button on her lilypad before getting out of bed. Mornings were always terrible. She looked over at the other bed, but her roommate was already gone. She ran a hand over her hair, and found that it was terribly mussed. Slowly dragging herself out of bed, she made her way towards the bathroom. Once there, she realized she'd forgotten her clothes an toothbrush. Del groaned and looked at her lilypad again. 9:15. At this rate, she'd be late for class. She had already missed breakfast, for goodness sake! First days for Delphinium never went very well.

Oliver

Oliver woke up after his roommate did, but he knew it was way before Delphinium would. He would probably be dressed and ready to go before she even opened an eyelid. It was 6:45 when he arrived at the cafeteria, and he snagged some breakfast and headed for an empty table. While he ate, he thought of his sister, and a pang went through his chest. He missed her already and it was only the first day.

images
Well Cora left Leon with a nod and went to the gym she did her usual push ups, crunches, ran a mile and then weight training. When she was done she glistened with sweat. It was 9:15 she got back to the dorm. Cora's room mate looked like she just woke up "Hey"Cora didn't wait for a responce though. Cora pulled her bag over her shoulder and emptied it looking for her phone. The little bear made a re apperance she tossed it to where her pillows lay then threw away two empty water bottles and finally found her Phoenix. "What's your first class?" She sent as a group chat to Kyler and Faiht. After that she took a shower and got dressed for school. She checked her phone for the time and it was 9:45 she rushed out the door with her plain white jansport bookbag staring at her phone for a responce from her friends.

l.jpg

Reactions: ch0sen1
Leon walked to his first class and sat as far back as he could. The only thing keeping his flames under control was the ring he kept on. He didn't know what was going to happen on his first day, but he hoped he didn't have to introduce himself.

Kairia descended the steps of her dormitory. The air was a bit chilly, especially with the wind tousling her hair. She was grateful to have brought her jacket and mentally thanked the new phone. There were students milling around, meeting up with friends and chatting before moving on to their next destination. The skies were beautifully clear. She took a moment to fill her lungs with fresh morning air. It had been a long time since she had been awake so early. Kairia checked the time and read 8:23 a.m. Her first class wouldn't start until 10 a.m. Uncertain of how to preoccupy her time, she thought it would be a good idea to check out the library. Reading in her spare time was comforting. It kept her from feeling lonely when she had no one to talk to.

Her quick strides were quiet against the concrete walkway. Many of the students were walking in slow herds and Kairia navigated around them. While she had never been to the library, nor had anyone shown her, her sense of direction had always been good. The building wasn't hard to find. Several students were exiting with arms full of books while others were entering with their own. This part of the school was much quieter. Most people would be meeting up with friends on the first day of school, not hanging out at the library.

Kairia entered and looked around curiously. There was much more than books here, though there were plenty of those. Several large tables were set out for students to gather around. This would be a great resource for study groups to meet. There were an impressive amount of computer stations available as well. Some of them were already being used. Kairia strolled towards the fiction section. It had been awhile since she had read anything enjoyable. She couldn't decide whether to re-read a beloved favorite, or try something new. So many choices...

Attachments

• piercing-redhead-portrait-style-make-up-photoshop-wallpaper.jpg
    piercing-redhead-portrait-style-make-up-photoshop-wallpaper.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 2
  • edb63ad354a2a4da250bdc5f958646fc.jpg
    edb63ad354a2a4da250bdc5f958646fc.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 2
Delphinium

"What's your first class?" Coraline asked. Delphinium made a little grunting sound before responding.
"Math," she said. "And yours?"

(@Lazy_Not_Bored
(Sorry it's so short, I was pressed for time)

images
"I have Math" Cora texted, while multitasking, walking into the freshman filled hallways. Cora sighed unamused at the underclassmen when she put her phone in her back pocket and had to mentally remind herself she was a newbie once all those years ago.

Alice

Alice rummaged through her drawers for an outfit to wear, throwing an approved shorts and her newest favorite t-shirt on the bed with her toothbrush and towel.

“I’ll be back,” she said to Brea, bundling everything under her arm and walking to the bathrooms. The showers were occupied so Alice brushed her teeth while waiting before she could snag the next available one. Afterwards, she pulled on her outfit for the day and dried her hair as she walked back to her dorm.

Soren

Soren scanned the cafeteria, looking for a place to sit. It was quite filled already, with lots of kids eating their meals and chatting with each other. He briefly saw Leon as he was leaving the cafeteria. Alice was nowhere to be found, meaning she was probably still asleep or just waking up. Not even her roommate was here, meaning nobody to sit with.

A boy and a girl passed by him, both staring at his hair before looking away and murmuring to each other.

After another minute, Soren found a less occupied table, plopping his tray down to eat. Soon he felt eyes staring at him and he realized those two kids from earlier were looking at him, along with some of their friends. He shoved the hood of his sweatshirt on and glared at them, ripping into his toast for added effect. Normally, he wasn’t one to glare as he as he never wanted to start something where someone could get hurt. But the staring because of his hair was unnerving and he had just barely started his day.

He turned back to his table, seeing the other person sitting with him. He gave them a friendly nod of hello as he chewed his toast.

****This post marks the beginning of classes, please get to your first hour class. But first, you have to build a schedule (Here). If you are feeling lazy, and don't want to make your Schedule, just PM me and I'll be more than happy to fill it out for you (like a normal school would). *****

Breanne Grace Herman - Water

Breanne got dressed while Alice was away in the showers. She always showered at night, because taking one in the morning was just too much work for her. The teenage girl decided to wear a dress, despite her Lilypad warning her that the day would be chilly. The dress had a black top, but cheetah print for the skirt. To ensure her warmth, Breanne count a pair of black tights and greenish jacket. To top off her outfit, she grabbed a long necklace, and then pulled on her black boots. Looking in the mirror, Breanne smiled. "Perfect."

But next, she had to tackle her hair. Breanne plugged her curling iron in, and sat at her desk. By the time Alice returned, Brea was halfway done with her hair. "Welcome back," she joked lightly, focusing on finishing her hair. Soon enough, every strand was perfectly curled. Brea then applied a small amount of make up, and then rose from the desk. She unplugged her curling iron, and clanged at the clock.

9:30

"I'm going to head out," she said to Alice, turning to smile at her. "See you later, alright?" With that, Breanne grabbed her backpack, her Lilypad, and headed out the door. On her way down to the main floor, Brea checked to make sure she had her key with her, glad to see it tucked into the side pocket of her backpack.

During the course of the next half hour, Breanne got herself a bagel and made her way to her first class. The Water Element building looked the same as it had years before: Pale blue walls, beige colored tile. The lights were bright, and already the hallways were filled with students. Brea's first class was Trig/Pre-Calc, which was held on the second floor of the building.

She gracefully made her way up the stairs, and easily found her classroom. "Morning Mr. Stryder," she greeted her teacher as she walked in, taking her preferred seat by the window. Just as she got herself situated, the bell run, and the room slowly began to fill.

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Kyler Maxon Stokes - Fire

Faiht: "Cora? Ky? You guys going to brekkie or no?"

Kyler watched as Cora dismissed herself, probably going out to work out. Kyler's gaze shifted over to Faiht, and he shook his head once. "No, sorry Faiht," he said, jabbing a thumb over his shoulder, "I still got some stuff to do before classes start. Catch you later." He gave Faiht a side-ways huge, before turning and jogging back over to the boys dormitory.

When he got back, his roommate, Asbel, wasn't anywhere to be found. He simply shrugged his shoulders, and hurried to get ready for school. As it turned out, her didn't need as much time as he thought, and probably could have gone to breakfast with his friend. "Oh well," he said to himself, laying down on his bed. "Too late now."

Just then, his Pheonix dinged. Kyler reached over at his phone, and smiled when he saw Cora had started a group chat with him and Faiht. "These girls just can't stay away from me," he mumbled, joking with himself.

Cora: "What's your first class?

For a brief moment Kyler wondered why she was asking Faiht. Everyone knew that the first class on Monday was always with your elements, so it wasn't like they'd have a class with their Air Elementia friend anyways. He shrugged his shoulders, and quickly checked his schedule before replying.

Kyler: I've got Discrete Math... yourself?

Speaking of class, with a glance at the clock Kyler realized he should have left his dorm by now. Quickly, he grabbed his backpack and headed out the room, Pheonix in hand. He made it to the Fire Element building with just enough time, and reached his classroom on the fourth floor thirty seconds before the bell rung. Luckily, there were still plenty of seats left, and he chose one of the available one's towards the back. The bell then rung, and Mr. Oakley stood up to address his class.

@ch0sen1 @Lazy_Not_Bored @EtherealLights

Theodore Kale King - Earth

The nerdy male ended up watching several more episodes on his TecPlate, and before he knew it, it was time to go to class. He pulled out his headphones, tucked them into the pocket of his backpack, and then checked his schedule on his TecPlate.

Discrete Math, he thought, glad to have gotten the glass he asked for. But, his smile quickly dropped. With Mrs. King. Of course she has to have the same last name as me.

Theodore always like his last name, until he got a teacher with the same one. Then all of his peers went out of their way to make lame jokes, and it became very annoying very quickly. Heaving a sigh, Theodore stood up and exited the cafeteria, heading for the Earth Element building.

The building was across the courtyard, but it didn't take Theo too long to reach it. When he got inside, he took a step to his left to get out of the way, and lingered a moment. He watched everyone around him, smiling softly. It was obvious who was a freshman and who was not, because the freshies walked up and down the halls, looking for the correct classroom. The stairs were already a clustered mess, and so he decided to get on his way.

As expected, it took much longer than it should have to reach the fourth floor. He easily found Mrs. King's discrete math class, and when he walked in only half of the seats were filled. Unfortunately, none of his friends had arrived yet. Hopefully at least one of my friends will be in this class, Theodore thought as he took his seat in the front.

Axel Jackson Scott - Air

Axel finished his job around the campus in good time, and he returned to his dorm room a sweaty mess. He grabbed his bag that held all of his shower supplies, and then made his way down to the commune showers. He liked to shower later in the morning for two reasons:

1) If he took a run in the morning, like he always did, the shower would ensure that he didn't smell all day.
2) The showers were less crowded.

Sure, there were still a few males lingering in the bathroom, but at least it wasn't the crowded mess it was at seven in the morning. Axel took his shower quickly, and then did his hair in the mirror with a towel wrapped around his waist. Once finished, he made his way back to his room, where he got dressed.

By this time, it was nearly ten in the morning. Axel grabbed his bag, and started heading for the Air Element building, where his first class would be held. Along the way, he checked his schedule, finding that he would start off the day with Calculus, taught by Mr. Martin on the third floor.

It seemed to him that the Air Element hallways were always the least crowded out of them all. Maybe this was because they could fly, so things flowed quicker. Deciding he didn't want the attention of the Freshman, Axel walked up the stairs and to his class. Once there, he kept his head down, and too a seat in the very back corner, as he always did. It wasn't until he was seated that Axel remembered he was supposed to be making friends this year.

So much for that plan.

Reactions: ch0sen1
Faiht stopped in her tracks as Cora leaves on her daily routine followed by Kyler leaving also, claiming he had "stuff" to do. Before Faiht could say anything Kyler slides in a side hug and then shifts away into the brisk morning sunrise.

"Oh...
great..."

Faiht stuffs the stuffed bear into her backpack and decides that the bag of mini donuts will be her breakfast instead. She still had a good bit until Calculus, so she hoists herself up into the air and flies to the usual spot of hers, the courtyard. Particularly, the cafeteria roof. She hovers down onto the surface and sighs as she unloads the backpack from her shoulder and sits indian style looking into the gold-crimson sun beginning to rise. She rips open the bag of mini donuts and takes one while taking a deep breath before consuming the glazed deliciousness of life. The inner fat kid comes out in Faiht as she closes her eyes in sitiophiliac pleasure. Being alone the first morning of classes wasn't what she had in mind, but it seems to always happen. The cons of hanging around all Fire elements perhaps. Faiht took a long moment to think while eating: the summer past and what she experienced, the upcoming year, sports, cheerleading, her friends, her father,....boys. She kept it all in, and resonated on her father's words from the past summer. She tended to get a bit detached at times like this, but it was these moments of privacy where she was at her most intellectual and deepest thoughts.

ANGEL: Incoming message from 'Dad', it reads - Hope you're up and getting ready for class. Have a good day and do us proud. Love you.

Faiht rolls her eyes at the message and stands up to overlook the courtyard. Swarms of underclassmen rampaging through the grounds trying to get into an infested cafeteria. Some trying to leave, with the remainder trying to find their classes. Faiht wondered about the Air elements that she would see this year. She thought of Axel, then of Oliver, whom she didn't know that well, just seen him around. Her Halo goes off as she gets a group chat from Cora asking what her classes were today. Faiht knew she wouldn't see her best friends until the joint classes, which sucked. Kyler responded when Faiht was about to. @Azalea Pendragon @Lazy_Not_Bored

Kyler - I've got Discrete Math... yourself?

Faiht went ahead and replied to the group chat: 'I have Calculus....ugh.' @Brea

First half was right around the corner. Calculus with Mr. Martin. Faiht had known Mr. Martin since she was 12, he was a family friend to the Atmos clan. A man that was warm in nature, but very disciplined and a true teacher when he needed to be. It was sort of a relief as well as a burden, to know she'd have a higher level course with someone that knows her personally. Well, figuring she might as well start the year off right, Faiht grabs her backpack and flies to the Air Building. The freshman all look in mild amazement as she lands and enters the building. She bolts up the stairs and turns into Mr. Martin's class for Calculus. She was there extra early, the first one even. She picked a desk in the back near the windows as she sets her backpack down and takes out her phone and plays 3D tetris using the holographic interface. She sent a message to @Kairia to see if her roommate was faring well on her first day.

To Kai: 'Hey, how's it going so far?'

Before she knew it the hour before class flew by quickly, as students began to enter in gradually, mainly seniors. Most looked at her and nodded, very aware of who she was and who her family is. Faiht gave a slight smile but ironically with a cold, emotionless face that suggested she was just ready to get the day over with....until she spotted a lad with a very nervous posture. He walked into the classroom with his head lowered as he sits in the back row as well, opposite the side of Faiht as he rests his head on his desk. Perfect, at least Faith wouldn't be around total stangers this school session. She grabs her backpack and rises from her desk as she relocates to the desk beside the shy guy, Axel. She sits down and taps his shoulder and begins to speak as he raises his head to look at her.

"Are you always this bashful or do you just have a negative disposition on us students?"

She asks with another slight smile, but this time not so emotionless.

Faiht.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kairia stretched onto her tip-toes as the book she wanted just happened to be on the top shelf. This wouldn't be an issue except she was 5'2". High shelves were always a problem. Dropping her backpack on the ground, she clambered onto the shelves for round two. The spine of the book slipped against her fingers and it took a third try before she tugged it out of its resting place. Oh thank god. If I had to go on without a book, there would be hellfire to pay. Get it? Because I'm a Fire type -- I really need to never say anything out loud ever.

The book was a bit dusty but otherwise in good condition. A woman of Asian descent stared from the cover, her eyes not revealing what she felt from inside. Kairia picked up her backpack and carried her things to the electronic checkout lane. When the computer asked for her ID, she fetched it clumsily from her pack. At first she thought it wasn't going to recognize her badge but then it dinged happily. Sliding her book through the scanner quickly, she nabbed the receipt and fast walked out of the building. She had been inside longer than she expected but how could you not take your time in a library? There were so many books to read and smell. She loved the smell of books, old or new.

Kairia followed the campus map and a bunch of Freshman to her next class. Unsurprisingly it was in a large, old building. There was a metal pit in front of the entrance, a giant flame crackling merrily. There wasn't any wood or source of food for the fire but that didn't stop it from burning. The heat felt beautiful on her skin and she walked slowly up the steps, enjoying every moment.

The doors swung open and Kairia double-checked her schedule. Algebra. First floor. Mr. Smyth. She walked quickly down the hallway and entered the open door of Mr. Smyth's domain. She hoped he wasn't a complete ass. A quick glance around the class told her she wasn't late. Most of the seats were filled and Kairia glanced quickly for a seat near the rear. She spotted one and as she stepped towards it, another girl shoved past her and raced toward the back, towards that lovely seat.

You've got to be kidding me. Kairia felt her cheeks flush in irritation. She took a deep breath and made her way to a different seat, one that was centered in the middle of the room. The chair was more comfortable than expected but she was too distracted with an annoying giggle coming from the back. She didn't have to guess who it came from. Her phone suddenly began to ring. Several eyes turned to stare at her as she fumbed to pull it out of her pocket, nearly dropping it in her haste.

Mr. Smyth, who was currently writing notes, looked up to address the noise. "If it wasn't painfully obvious before, I would like to make it even more so. All phones need to be silenced during my class. I do not appreciate being interrupted."

Kairia grit her teeth and tried to make herself as small as possible. Looking down at her phone, she turned down the volume to a minimal buzz, then managed to open her inbox. There was a message from Faiht.

>'Hey, how's it going so far?'
>> 'Just peachy. I'm making all sorts of friends. Mr. Smyth already loves me.'

Her phone read 10 a.m. Mr. Smyth quietly stood up and shut the door. "Welcome to Algebra."

@ch0sen1

Attachments

• piercing-redhead-portrait-style-make-up-photoshop-wallpaper.jpg
    piercing-redhead-portrait-style-make-up-photoshop-wallpaper.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Leon was sitting in the back corner as everything was happening. And when the teacher said something about phones, he was slightly happy he didn't have anyone yet. Unless everyone was already connected and contract lists were updated regularly. Either way, his phone was silenced.

Alice

"Welcome back" greeted Brea.

Alice closed the door behind her as she entered the room, returning Brea’s greeting. She removed the towel from her hair, shaking her head and using her powers to heat the air to dry off whatever water was left. Alice sighed in content at the refreshing feeling of being clean. All she needed to do next was comb her hair and make herself decent for the first day then she’s ready to go.

Alice picked up her comb and began working through the tangles and knots of her hair. A notification on her phone said it was going to be quite chilly outside. Not a big deal for her since she was a fire Elementia, but it be a good idea to bring a jacket for the scattered drizzles.

"I'm going to head out. See you later, alright?"

“Okay, see ya!” Alice called after Brea as she left their room. Alice had just finished getting ready by then, pulling on her backpack and clutching her sword case under one arm. The time on her cellphone read 9:35 AM; class would be starting real soon, but Alice still didn’t have breakfast yet and she didn’t want to sit through her first class on an empty stomach. With that, she locked the room and opted to jump out of the window, breathing a blast of fire to soften her landing when she touched ground, then jogged to the convenience store to pick up a packaged pastry. She jogged the rest of the way to the Fire Element building and to her first class: Trigonometry/Pre-Calculus. Aah, math; not her worst subject, certainly not her favorite, but she wasn’t going to let that stop her from doing her best in this class.

“No food in my class, please,” said the teacher, Ms. Kendral.

Alice promptly stuffed the rest of her breakfast in her mouth. “Whaf food?” she quipped through a mouthful, picking an empty seat. And thus began her first day of the new year.

@Brea

Soren

Soren finished his breakfast without much disturbance after that. He returned to his dorm for his toothbrush before going to the bathrooms to clean his teeth. He had showered the night before, a habit that carried from his home with four siblings to here, so he wasn’t surprised to see the stalls were filled with other men and even more waiting in line. Thankfully, the sinks weren’t as occupied and picked a spot to use. When finished he returned back to his dorm; Axel hadn’t returned yet or maybe he had, Soren just missed him. He didn’t dwell on it for too long and pulled on a fresh set of clothes. As he threw on his backpack and pocketed his baton, he passed by the mirror in the room. He stared at his reflection particularly his hair. He fidgeted with a few white locks, debating on if he should wear a hat or not, since it already gained some unwanted attention. Finally he dug out his winter beanie and shoved it over his head, then walked out of the room and began his way to his first class.

He followed the map and schedule he received upon Freshmen tour last week, walking in and around the halls and students as he attempted to find the assigned classroom.

“Hats off, please,” one teacher told him while he passed by.

Soren obliged and managed to find his classroom. The moment he entered, however, he could already feel eyes on him, making him pull the hat back on and quickly grabbed a seat in the back of the classroom.

Reactions: ch0sen1 and Kairia
images
Cora checked the responses and felt a little better that she shared her first class with a friend. Up three flights of stairs and into Discrete Math. She was welcomed into the room by a paper plane that was on fire. Those were pretty common in the fire building but Cora still didn't expect one so close to her face so early in the morning. Cora grabbed it mid air and the flamed diminished, she didn't even look for the proud maker of the childish thing and just ripped it once and burned it to ashes before throwing it in the trash. A muffled sound of disappointment was heard but Cora walked on and sat next to Kyler. While Cora was more of a front row type of student she much preferred to stay far away from Mr. Oakley he didn't like Cora much and she had no clue why. "Hey " Cora said sitting with her feet on the next chair over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kairia
Status
Not open for further replies.