Eagleclaw High School

Status
Not open for further replies.
"No," I replied, probably sounding like Harry for a moment. Both of us are awful liars. "I mean, I don't mind." I stayed very still as she came closer to me. It made me feel slightly uncomfortable to have someone stand to the eaten our shoulders are nearly touching. Especially a girl. The last thing I wanted was my clumsy gene to kick in, and to drag Luxana down with me. That would be embarrassing. "We tried to grow flowers one year but... too much work really."

"I guess that's an okay excuse. But the work is worth it!" I grinned looking around at the garden before looking back at Alex.
"Are you sure your okay? I don't mind going inside. It is your house." I said my smile dropping instantly. I felt bad. I felt like it was my fault that he didn't want to go outside.
"I'm sorry. You must be freezing." I mumbled sadly.

"Is your garden nice?" I asked with curiosity. She said the work was worth it; did she like gardening? It would make sense... girls, from what I know, like flowers. Unless they've got hay fever.
"No, I'm sure," I insisted. I've seemed to have done a lot of that. "I'm not even cold." I promised that. The rain was making me wet, a horrible feeling, but otherwise, I was fine.

"I guess my gardens okay.." I said smirking. I still wasn't convinced that he was okay and I continued frowning. I couldn't exactly change my body temperature when I was already cold. I'm not sure how it works. But I forgot about the fact I was shivering eventually.

She shivered. I thought she could warm herself up, since she was a demon, but perhaps I got the wrong species, or she couldn't because she was young or something. Maybe we should go inside soon. I think she was using me as an excuse to me to go inside. As I was about to say something, the doorbell rang, and I heard a groan - "They're early" - come from my brother upstairs. He had friends? What did a group of smart people do together? And more importantly, how boring were those people that my brother was in their social group of friends? "I think we've got visitors," I chuckled quietly as my mum opened the door. Turning my head to see who was in the hallway, I could only recognise one- Sam. Who could probably be friends with anyone, but Harry let him copy his homework. Which is a sore excuse for being friends. "Unwanted visitors," I noted Harry's loud comment.

I simply chuckled in my mischievous way.
"Oh how cute, wizard boy has friends." I stated sarcastically. Since we were inside and the temperature was neutral, I changed my body temperature to boiling, causing the tips of my hair to go red. I smiled happily not changing the temperature as I was used to it. I wondered what time it was figuring it was late because it was actually quite dark outside.

"Shut up," Harry muttered, putting on a fake smile and inviting his rather boring three mates upstairs to his bedroom. I grinned. "I'd say that they're fake friends. Partially because I only know who one is, and I know for a fact he's definitely a fake friend." At least, if Luxana is my friend, I have real ones. I noticed her hair changed colour. Freaky, but cool. That would be fun.

I was lost in my own thoughts and my temperature was dropping fairly quickly. Somehow my hand snaked down to Alex's. Once I snapped out of my thoughts I pulled my hand away pretending nothing has happened.
"Do you think I could stay overnight?" I asked innocently avoiding eye contact.

Her hand clasped round mine, which was strangely nice, but she pulled away (not that I'm complaining) and the moment of weirdness was over. She pretended nothing happened., so I did the same. "Um. I guess. I mean. There'll be a sleeping bag somewhere," I wondered where that had come from. I wasn't even sure my room could fit a sleeping bag. But I mean, living room and attic. I'd definitely have to ask my mum on this.

I nodded looking down at my feet and sighing loosing my confidence suddenly. I intertwined my fingers together and shook my head smiling.
"Are you sure? I know you're just saying yes to be polite. But I won't be offended if you don't want me to." I said looking up at him.
I pulled out my phone and sent a quick text to my dad just to check if it was okay. I got a quick reply back saying yes. I could always convince my dad to let me do stuff, mum is not so easy. I shoved my phone back in my pocket.

"I've never had someone sleep at my house before," I mumbled quietly, glancing at the floor and going scarlet. "That's all." Mum came in right on que. "Alex, for gods sake, get out of the kitchen when dinner is on the stove, you might burn yourself," she lectured, before realising Luxana was on her phone. "Are you two okay?" I nodded, "Can we have a..." I didn't even get to finish the sentence before she replied, "Yes, you can have a sleepover. Go get the sleeping bag from the attic. Dinner in ten minutes, I'm just letting it cool."

I looked up at Alex. I hated looking up at people. How was I supposed to be confident when I was a midget. I sighed. Once we were out of the kitchen I smiled. "Your mum is so sweet." I said batting my eyelashes slightly and chuckling. I stood on my tiptoes to pat his head barely reaching but a little bit in a mocking way, but before he could say anything I was already upstairs.

"Debatable," I disagreed the second I was out of earshot. I don't think she's gotten over the whole hiding my report thing yet. She probably thinks I'm using Luxana as a way to make her forget about it, which isn't true at all. Still, then she stood on her tiptoes to pat me on the head. Like a dog. Ugh. But before I can say anything, she is dashing upstairs. I followed after her, pulling down the ladder to the attic. "Um. Stay here." She most likely won't listen, I mean, she doesn't give me that vibe, but it's worth a shot. No 'ladies first' here. I make my way up the ladder, hoping she won't follow and I won't have to explain most of the things up there.

I groaned when he said I wasn't allowed in the attic. So I just placed myself crossed legged onto the floor pouting. I took a pen out of my pocket and begun drawing all over my arm. Pretty little doodles here and there until my entire arm was covered. I finished that distracting task in a couple of minutes. My curiosity was begging to look around the attic. But my respect for people is a lot more important. Inside I was having a debate about what I should do. Then I realised I was pacing along the landing. Leaning against the ladder I sighed deciding just to wait. If I had to wait any longer then I would be in that attic so fast. I have grown impatient over the many years.

It's almost impossible to find a sleeping bag, because over the course of my life I have made a lot of stuff. So I go around, and can't believe that Luxana didn't follow me. I don't think anyone actually listens to me, but clearly, I was wrong. I can hear Harry and co. and take a few seconds to eavesdrop on their conversation, until I realise their talking about me. It's not the nicest of things Harry has said about me... but it isn't the worst. I try to stop listening to find that sleeping bag, but it's hard because I want to know what else they talk about other than Golden Boy's little brother.

"Hurry up!" I yelled into the attic. I really was trying not to go up there. It was so tempting. Like someone was dangling something in front of me but I couldn't reach it. I decided to warn him instead of rushing up the ladder and losing all trust. No. I told myself. I was not going to do it. I chuckled at myself but then resulted into frowns. What kind of demon was I? Satan is practically my father. What is wrong with me? I shook my head again. Trying to calm down. I wasn't going to throw away Alex's trust.
"You don't have to be evil. I'm making this a bigger deal than it is. It's just because you're impatient Lux." I reassured myself and took a deep breath.

"One minute," I shouted back, moving from the sound I had been listening to, tripping over - stupid clumsiness - before realising I'd tripped over the sleeping bag. Bonus. I stuffed it back into the carrier thing, and made my way back down the ladder, surprisingly careful yet fast. "Sorry. Couldn't find it," it wasn't completely a lie. Though, I'd said one minute and I'd kept that. I walked towards my room before hearing the word 'dinner'. Harry and co. reluctantly leave his room, storming past me, though Sam hesitates to say hello. Even though I'm tall for my age, Sam is even taller. Taller than my dad. "Well, food."

I pouted at him at first when he came down the ladder but I was still happy that I didn't end up in the attic.
"Liar." I muttered. It was obvious he was either eavesdropping or I don't even know what, up there. But he could have found it quicker.
I watched as the nerd army walked past and I shifted my weight and tried to make myself look tall because sadly they were all taller than me. I didn't really want to eat with them because I'm incredibly awkward. But I had to be polite.

It's official. I'm an even worse liar than my brother. Which sucks, truly. Biting my tongue for a few moments, especially since Harry and his 'friends' went past. It was kinda cute how Luxana tried to make herself taller. She was really short. "You coming?" I asked as I folded up the ladder again, mostly because I didn't want anyone up there. Taking one step down the stairs, before turning my head with a questioning look.

"I..um..." I didn't want to go downstairs. I really didn't. I frowned. Debating about it once again.
"Oh yeah..of course." I said uncertain. I hated that you could hear how I wasn't confident. I shuffled a few steps forward and attempted to see into the kitchen from the top of the stairs. No such luck. I had to be polite. Once again I was lost in thought. Until I snapped out of it and hesitantly walked down the stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.