Eagleclaw High School

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Are you sure?" Harry continued. "Yes." I wasn't questioning it. Luxana wouldn't date me, and even if she did, I wasn't sure I wanted her to. Friends are much better than girlfriends. To start with, there are absolutely no rumours about friends at school. But I couldn't help but laugh at the joke quietly. "Homework is his best friend," I smiled.

"His only friend?" I questioned hiding my laugh and smiling. Some people hated my smile other people love it. I realised that I hadn't had a friend for a long time.

"Debatable, but most likely," I knew Harry had a circle of friends, but since he didn't see them all that much, I wouldn't call them friends. I was smiling back, finding her smile to be quite cute. No. I didn't find her cute. I can't find her cute, that's weird. Just friends.

I glanced around the room, no one was really doing anything...
"So..." I trailed off, dropping my smile slowly.

"Nothing interesting here, I guess," I shrugged, not sure what to do. She didn't seem interested in much, which was fair enough. There wasn't much to do in my house. I spent my time rewriting my class work, doing my homework, and working on whatever crafting thing I was working on. They all went somewhere in the house. Harry sucks as crafting too, which makes me extremely happy. "What should we do?"

"Um...you could show me around your house? I mean you don't have too." I said looking down at my green hair.

"Okay," I wondered why I hadn't thought of that. I began to lead her towards the living room. "So, this is the living room." It had sofas that I found awful due to the fact the room was the colour beige. Even the coffee table was beige. The only thing I like about the living room was the huge picture collection among one wall. It was full of holiday snaps, school pictures, and generally good days out.

"It's very plain. No offence!" I say glancing around the room. Only one thing caught my eye, a collage of pictures on the wall. I couldn't help not smiling at that.

"It's okay, I think there needs more colour in here," I agreed in all honesty. No TV, no computer, nothing very entertaining- not even books. I hated this room. It was the second worst room in the house - after Harry's bedroom. Pondering for a few moments, unsure if she wanted to move on or not, I waited for her to say something.

I nodded my head.
"Why is it so plain though? Because your family..." I trailed off looking back at Alex.

"It was like this when we bought the house and we never got time to change it, I suppose," I shrugged, never really putting much thought to it. I did want to know what she was going to say before she trailed off.

"Oh okay, next room?" I asked looking up at him once again. I stayed in my place waiting for him to go to the next room.

I found it quite funny how she was eager to get along. I went into the study, which was basically two desks either side of the wall that were my mum's and my dad's. Pretty accurate; dad's was tidy, mum's looked like it had been in an earthquake. I have to give her credit. She works a lot. "Umm... this is my parents' study." I didn't think any rooms needed explaining, but oh well.

"What do your parents do?" I asked walking towards the desks, I was interested in knowing what they did for a living.

"My dad is a pilot. My mum's an accountant," I explained. It was lucky the 'clumsy gene' had not worked for one of dad's planes yet. That would be tragic. I didn't like the fact my dad was a pilot; because when it was long flights he was gone for days on end (he does have to fly back, and sometimes fly more people). Which made mum have to take care of us (though really, I should be allowed to stay home alone now). No wonder her desk is messy. I couldn't imagine anything messy in Luxana's house, in all honesty. I wondered what her parents did, "What about yours?"

Last edited:
"My mum's a doctor and my dad worked for the army." I said my smiled dropping instantly.
"We don't talk about that much..." I said looking at the ground. I glanced back up. And smiling at Alex.

"Oh." Well done, Alex. I seemed to always made it awkward. You can't really reply to 'we don't talk about it much'. "I think doctors are cool. I wouldn't be a very good one." I wouldn't be a very good anything at this moment. I think I want to be a scientist. Or an engineer. Not decided yet. I decided to not say anything else. "Should we move on?" I suggested.

"Yeah, it's a hard job." I said, he must be trying to change the subject I don't want things to go back to be awkward.
"Yes, lego." I grinned.

I wasn't sure whether to go upstairs or into the garden. In the end, I began walking towards the stairs. She'd already seen my room... I didn't need to explain it. "Um... this is Harry's room." As if she was interested... I'm sure she was just being shown round to be polite. Luxana confused me, but I did have to give Harry credit. He had a really big room; it was the biggest, since he was the oldest. Full of certificates and trophies and nerdy posters, but he did keep the teddy bear I attempted to make when I was seven, which made me smile because it was pretty awful. Mostly because I'd ran out of fabric so I have a lot of different fabrics all stitched together... and the head didn't have any stuffing. I wonder why he kept it.

I glanced around the room, certificates and trophy's practically covered the walls. I realised I had already walked in. It looked like he had won every award in every class. Impressive but the room was like a whole reason to boast. My eyes eventually caught sight of the bed and locked onto a multicoloured fabric bear. I was intending to pick it up but before I could I heard thuds coming up the stairs and a harsh yelling voice.

"How could you let her in my room?"

I whipped around but not moving from my place with a smirk on my face. Let's see how he reacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.