Eagleclaw High School

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah, I mean, unless my mum comes up with something for us to do as a family or something." Which happened, surprisingly, quite a lot, since she was really into us bonding, but I don't really think any of us click with any of us, so she's kinda wasting her time. I think she wishes it was like when we were younger and friendlier, but I can't be friends with Harry anymore. And she can't find something we all like to do. "Maybe we can hang out?" I suggested, suspecting that's what she wanted me to ask.

"Wait...what time is it?" I wondered out loud. I don't normally ask for the time this much but then again I don't see the devils worker in my crush's house.
I mean friend. I said friend. That's what I meant. My friend's house.
But did you?
No.

I don't know why I had a lot of conversations in my head. It's like I talk to my conscience. Well I guess it's better than talking to myself.

"I don't have a clue, though I'd guess three or four?" I supposed that would make sense, considering the sun and stuff. Wow. That makes me sound like a nerd.

"I'll only stay of everyone's okay with it..." I said shuffling my feet slightly. I felt awkward but I don't know why since I wasn't really that awkward around people. Well I wouldn't know since I haven't really had many friends.

"They'll all be cool with it," I assured, deciding I probably wasn't going back to sleep after those crazy turns of events. "I mean, I think they will. Maybe we can... go to the cinema... or something."

My head snapped up once I heard the word cinema. I had always loved the cinema. I clapped my hands together smiling excitedly but then remembered that it was like 3am and stopped almost immediately. But then realised that almost everyone is up anyway. I continued to smile.
"That would be great.." I whispered grinning.

Last edited by a moderator:
She must like the cinema. "Cool," I grinned. "Then maybe we should get some sleep." There was no way I was sleeping but I could at least try.

I was going to protest with the going to sleep thing, but I sighed knowing I wouldn't be getting any sleep. I might, but probably not. So instead I climbed into the bed and laid in down in a comfortable position.

I followed suit, knowing she was getting just as much sleep as me, but lying down anyway next to her, and closing my eyes. I tried counting sheep: one, two, three... no more sheep. Typical. Stupid weird demonic thing coming to my house. Couldn't have turned up when we were still awake.

My arms looped around him loosely, and I closed my eyes. For some strange reason my mind had a million and one thoughts racing through it. I opened my eyes to look to see if he was trying to sleep. He had his eyes closed. But I figured he was still awake.

She hugged me, which was nice because... body heat, I suppose, but a few moments later she sat up. Just as I got comfy as well, but wondered why. "You okay?" I whispered, eyes still shut. I was waiting for a few more sheep to jump over the fence.

"Oh...I-I didn't mean to wake you...sorry." I stuttered then laid down once again. Relaxing my muscles and snaking my arms around his waist. Honestly I wanted to stay up talking to him but I shrugged it off. I decided to just play with his hair softly so then at least he wouldn't be tired in the morning.

I know she was trying to mess with my hair, which was getting a little bit messy because bed heads, but it was not helpful. "It's okay," I sighed. No sleeping from now on. "I'm guessing you aren't tired." My eyes snapped open, kind of glad that I wasn't the only one who didn't feel tired. Gentle snores could be heard from Harry's room. Probably not Harry's. "Maybe we could just hang out."

I messed everything up, why was I like this. I stopped as soon as his body tensed.
"Yeah, yeah. Let's just...hang." I murmured. "Umm, so what's your favourite book?" I asked hoping to move the conversation on. It was funny how I thought I had a chance. I was completely oblivious. I just need to move on, right? I whipped my phone out of my pocket and clicked on the contact that read; Elliot. I begun texting 'the school flirt' to distract me from everyone else.
'Hey x' I sent the text quickly.

I looked up at Alex. Wow...I fell harder than I thought. Just move on. It will be fine.

Oh hell. I don't think I've ever read a book other than Harry Potter. I kinda just pick up the plots from Harry and co. talking about it. Their favourite is the Hunger Games. Personally, I think it's a little gory.

"I like Harry Potter," I eventually said after pondering on admitting my favourite, which was so ironic. I'm entitled to opinion, but would she think it was weird I liked the book which was my brother's namesake? Or the fact we were wizards without the fiction anyway. "What about you?"

My head snapped up. Harry potter was my all time favourite book and favourite movie. I'd seen all the movies and read all the books been to every theme park and to the castle Hogwarts was based in.
Whatever he says I fall I little bit harder. I'm moving on. My phone buzzed and I glanced at the text.
'Hey babe, how's it going?' The text from Elliot.
"It's alright, I don't really know much about Harry Potter.." I lied. Before replying to the text.

"Oh," I am a little disappointed. She didn't seem to have the same taste as me. "Well, I like other books too." I do wonder who's she texting... but I don't want to pry. It makes me feel uncomfortable, as if she's ignoring me.

"Yeah..." I said vaugly focusing on my phone. I smiled at yet another text.
"It's not like I know about a certain elf dying and I wasn't upset. Or a certain wizard. But you know..I don't really know much." I attempted lying again, avoiding looking back up. My phone buzzed again.
'What are you doing sugar? x' I read the text. Sighing. I had to move on.

I knew exactly who she's on about. To be honest, I mourned Dobby more than any fictional character ever. But what she said didn't quite make sense. If she didn't really like them, why not stop at the first book?

The awkward silence was deafening within the room.
I looked up surprised with no answer and saw a puzzled face.
"I'm kidding. I love Harry Potter." I said truthfully before glancing back down at my phone.
Elliot was one of my 'friends' we weren't that close but of what I know he was a nice guy.
True, true. I was only talking to him to try to get over someone else, but it's not like we'll get married.
Just a distraction. I convinced myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.