Dream/Life

Iliya nodded slowly at the question.
"Gore beasts are not territorial creatures... So there could be more of them there, or even other beasts... And I know at least two criminal gangs use buildings there as a base, I can almost see why the guard are too cowardly to go near there".

"Cause it sounds like an actual death trap?" Lycan responded with a raised eyebrow, slauching in his seat. That was when the gate door opened and a familiar red head moved her way through yet she looked exhausted.
Agni gave a soft greeting and sat down in a spot and held her sweater closer to her body. It had taken many hours for her to enter the world and even longer to muster up courage to meet with everyone, "Sorry, I didnt get much rest," The witchws fire was deminished and she glanced at Ileya befoee down at the table. She needed to focus and to help, but it was very hard to do.

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
"It wasn't always this bad..."
Iliya mumbled, before sighing audibly.
"I believe it was sixty years ago that the money being used to maintain that district was siphoned away for a feast and a statue of a noble with an.... Exaggerated manhood...".
Iliya seemed ashamed to admit to how greedy her noble peers could be.

Rheya greeted the new arrival with a wave as she sat down and waited for Iliya to speak.
"Are you well Agni? You seem more than a little tired".

"So they took money for the city to compinsate for the guys small dick? What a way to run the governement," Lycan respondes and then gave a small look before deciding to voice a conspiracy that he had brewing, "If theyre wasting money on something like that what would stop them from buying or even making these monsters to get rid of rhe lowerclass. Without them the cities ratinga go up and they dont need their social programs," He glanced at Agni but didnt speak to her, the witch even didnt look at the Wolf.

"Yeah I'm very tired, sleep hasnt been well and too much is on my mind," she responded quietly and rubbed her forehead, "Just dont mind me, I'm here and thats what matters,"

"On the plus side he was dumb enough to have the phallus forged of gem encrusted gold, it was sawed off and stolen within a week".
She could at least find the humour in such an act, though could only hope the needy received some of the value of the stolen piece.
Iliya simply nodded at what he said.
"I have considered that... It is one of the kingdom's laws that people cannot be forced from their land for any crime below treason... And it's a well hidden secret that just a few feet below the slums are some valuable ores... Of course no nobles wish to hand money to 'mere peasants'.
She said in an exaggerated posh tone.

"No it isn't".
Rheya told Agni.
"If I'm overtired I just slow down a little, maybe fall asleep... You deal with magic and potions... Enough exhaustion could blow you up".

The young wolf gave a nod in understanding, well who knows then. "What should we do then? Take down what could be a bad system or try and fend off monsters that just spawn randomly?"He felt that the gore monster and others probably nested there and thus an endless supply.

The red hwad actually gave a snicker at Rheyas words, "Thank you but I doubt I will blow up. Havent done it yet in my years of existence," she mused to the other and then gave a shrug, "Ive also drank caffeine extract to stay away and I'll probably rest after this,"

Iliya sighed before answering.
"Taking down the system is sadly beyond us while I am merely a bastard princess, and even if my father were to pass I am sure his wife would try to claim the throne".
Iliya answered, though she was sure it must be obvious personally.
"For now all we can do is fight the monsters, I have been working to establish a personal force to help in that regard... But I currently have no supply of weapons for them".

Rheya seemed horrified as she mentioned caffeine.
"You mean like that black drink that the Eastern lands drink?! That... That's barbaric!"
She declared, and opened her mouth in shock a moment later as Iliya interjected.
"It's quite good Rheya, though I admit I need a fair amount of milk in mine... And Agni, if you wish I could gift you some of the royal blend".
She had actually learned of coffee from Ash, the girl was usually guzzling it when no one was looking.

This seemed like a battle that was becoming increasingly difficult to fight. They could not take down the king, they couldn't keep endlessly taking down these monsters if five more pop up in ones' place. He glanced at the two and gave a small shake of his head. Coffee? It was so bitter and gross even with cream in it. He was more a fan of juice and soda rather than that.
Agni gave a laugh before saying, "Its not the stuff made from beans, I assure you. It is something I make myself when need be that is pure sugar and the chemical for caffeine itself. Much stronger and lasts longer for when two hours is my best record of sleep," She wanted to assure Rheya as it wasn't as bad as most thought, and it was either that or not coming to the castle at all, "And I'd love some Illeya, never had the actual grounded beans,"
Lycan on the other hand was milling over an idea. As they couldnt go right for the king, but what about taking down the government from the inside out? No one would know Ileya as she was a bastard child. They could start with the armed guards, the high powers or the kings circle of nobles. If they crumble his forces, then he could easily be taken down as he would be alone. Him and his wife. Though he didnt voice it just yet and watched their debate on coffee.

Iliya was all too aware of how seemingly unwinnable the situation was, at least to others, she was hardly sitting idle and instead using the tricks of court life she had learned to try and gain an advantage, while going to the guard with evidence of nobles planting monsters wouldn't work... Giving the evidence to a rival of the noble at fault would be very destructive indeed!
It was probably good that he didn't mention his thoughts, plotting to damage the kingdom and assassinate royalty was hardly a suitable topic while sitting with the princess!

"So, to me this seems like something...impossible. We have no way of winning against every spawning monsters, nor helping those who still remain. As they monster will run out of food eventually wont they? Then they will be forced to come to the higher ground," Agni changed the subject from their discussion of dirty bean water, "The only answers seems to be either to let it go or try to change the mind of the hierarchy," She glanced between everyone and gave a small sigh before rubbing her head.

So that is when Lycan spoke, as his idea didn't revolve around murdering someone. There was a lot of other ways to get get a person to step down or leave, and at this rate there wont be a kingdom to keep ruling over regardless, "Agni is right, the gore beasts will come for the middle then upper class at some point. There isn't an infinite amount of poor people for them to eat off of, and even so I don't think they can live on human flesh either," He responded, "And honestly, Ileya would be a better Queen than what her father and step mom are doing right now. With that being said, we could target the council and others of the hierarchy. They may be rich, but not all of them agree. Rather just wait in silence and hope nothing occurs to their own doing,"

Iliya was actually happy that Lycan was so smart! She had been intending to explain her plans to him soon but now he gave her a chance to speak about it right then! Agni was no slouch either, she had intentionally chosen smart people, even though she acted dumb usually Rheya was a smart woman as well, and Zephyr was a borderline criminal mastermind sometimes, as one would expect of a merchant.
"You're entirely correct you know... This would never be enough... Of course, that's because it is only a temporary measure".
Rheya spoke up suddenly.
"Princess are you sure...".
Only to be stopped by a hand from Iliya.
"Come now Rheya, I know you worry but we can trust them".
She declared with a smile.
"This is only a temporary measure that doubles as giving my political rivals a show, something that makes them think all my resources are going on this...".
She stopped for a moment to sip her tea.
"When in fact, I am planning an insurrection".
She said calmly... As if proposing a picnic! The whole time her porcelain smile, technically perfectly normal yet still... Off, was clear on her face.

"My father was once a good leader but court life and a demon of a wife wore him down, the kingdom is ruled in all but name by a my stepmother, and more than a few nobles have noticed this, at the moment many powerful people back her though, better a manipulative wife than the child of a whore after all, at the moment there's not much we can do, I am gathering resources and manpower but... It is slow, very slow".

So Lycan wasnt entirely smart cause following her speech he questioned, "What is a insurrection?" Political nonsense was not something he specialized in. So the whole speech was a kind of loss on him besides the fact Ileya was gaining forcws for something. Something about her step mom? Which he is surprised leads this kingdom as she always seemed to despise doing so.

Agni on the other hand watched in slight confusion as the princess spoke about her idea. So she wanted to take down the queen? That was the main villian in all of this? "So are you planning on just over throwing her or full on anarchy?"

"Ahh, I hadn't thought that you might not know Lycan... My apologies... An insurrection is essentially a rebellion or group working against the ruling party".
She explained.
Her mother certainly hated the busywork of ruling a kingdom, but she did love the perks...

"Well anarchy wouldn't help anyone, except looters I suppose, or any neighbors looking to expand... I intend to over time discredit and weaken my stepmother and get supporters while building my own position... Hopefully I'll be able to take control without struggle".

Lycan knew next to nothing about the kingdom and workings. Like he had no idea who Zephyr is or what it takes to do anything in such a broken kingdom. He gave a small nod of understanding and looked at Ileya, this odd feeling then swamping his body and his brain allowed him to speak without any thought, "Youre really smart, you'll make a great queen to everyone," And instantly shrunk in on himself in his own embarrassment. Fucking he'll.

Well that was unexpected! It took a moment for the words to sink into the princess, so unused to compliments that didn't have a grave insult hidden behind them.
When it did though she blushed and looked away, giving Lycan a chance to see one of her rare genuine smiles.
"I... T..thank you Lycan... You are strong and umm..."
She glanced at him for a moment and blushed once again.
"W...well built...".

"Uhm..yeah," Was all that he could muster and pulled on the hair at the back of his neck in embarrassment. The wolf then glanced over at the princess then reached over to grasp her hand softly, his tail reacting in a wag as dogs do when happy or excited, "Right, so what is our game plan as of the moment?" Trying to calm the heat behind his ears and get this over with as he wasn't a fan of public affection. Even though Agni was laughing in amusement and at how cute the two where; they where quiet the pair.
"Awe, don't be so embarrassed, Lycan, I can very much see very adorable pups in your future," Agni mused to him and it only worsened his flustered nature, "But yes, I agree, we should get training underway and then it seems we're doing a take down?"

Agni wasn't alone in her amusement! With Rheya barely holding back her laughter at the scene, she was happy though, Iliya deserved someone nice and honest like Lycan, even if the nobility would freak out about her not marrying a sixty something duke of something or other.

Iliya for her part was slowly getting her embarrassment under control as she lightly squeezed Lycan's hand... The mention of pups certainly brought it back in force! She was glad for a change of subject...
"Y...yes! Training... Umm, I was going to ask you all for suggestions...".

The red-headed witch chuckled in amusement before speaking, "Well I would like to work on my more instant attacks than spells, and Zephyr should get to training you, Ileya, with sword fighting as the sooner the better," she suggested and then looked at Rheya then to Lycan as she didn't know for them. They could fight to some degree, just needed time to hone in on their strengths and what works best.
"I.." Lycan started and looked at Ileya before speaking quietly, "I want to practice my shifting and that sword I can now summon. I never knew that was a thing to be done, othrewise I was going to suggest being a way of travel for Ileya. As it'd be best for range fighting," The wolf seemed to have no confidence in his ability to fight anymore, and figured being a steed was better than being a coward again.

"That makes sense, your spells are incredible but there isn't much time for preparation in a battle, if you need anything for that let me know and I'll attempt to authorise it, it should be simple since you're now a Royal backed mage".
Iliya declared before turning to Lycan, taking his other hand and staring into his eyes.
"I see you as far more than a mere steed... And I wish to fight alongside you as an equal... Please practice your fighting skills? It would give me peace of mind if you would learn to use your abilities".

A Royal mage, ah yes always good to hear that one wasn't it? Agni though did give a nod in understanding, her bottles of explosives and other things where no longer going to do. She needed actual magic without words or the container of a bottle.
So, the wolf was about to suggest ending the meeting when Ileya took his head and looked at him. Her eyes where so..captivating and soft like a curtain. Lycan felt himself flush once more when she asked for him to fight as well. He wasn't going to not fight, he just didn't have the means to like her or Zephyr did. "I'll try, but I can't make a promise," Lycans' familial history did not permit for an easy to learn thing. A wolf learned to use their weapon or fighting from their parents over their lifetime of growth or puberty. Otherwise nothing can be learned easily or at all depending on the familys' stance of a fight.