Dream/Life

"No... I can barely even order the servants to do anything these days... My mother's influence has grown stronger even as she has failed to fall pregnant... It's almost as if she is scared of me, I'm not even allowed in the same room without two of her guards... As if that would be enough if Rheya was with me...".
She was very much confident in her guard's combat skills, Rheya was an incredible fighter, though a Humans skill meant little against a monster.
"Huh... A system based on votes by people rather than a single leader... I like that..."
She seemed to enjoy the ruffling.

"I understand, my father was the same way when I got older. He did not want to give up his hold on the pack and thus began to shut me out. Derank me and even go as far as not allowing me in the same household," Lycan gave a chuckle and shrugged, "But my brother was allowed everything he wanted," The wolf looked at her and nodded, "It how the pack works, everyone has an opinion but then the alpha makes the final decision,"

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
"Ugh, I can't believe parents can be like that... Sure my father's wife isn't my blood family but she could at least be decent... I certainly wouldn't have minded having a mother..."
She seemed down for a moment before grinning.
"Well, when i inherit the throne I'll just put her in a swamp castle somewhere and forget about her..."
Well there was her vengeful side again!

"Thats valid I guess, I tend to make sure I ruin my fathers pack when he hands it down. Though knowing him he will give it to my brother who cant even lead a fucking fly," Lycan said with an eyeroll and shook his hair out again to get it out of his eyes, "But thats years away for the both of us, things can change,"

"I plan to not only run, but change this kingdom, too many laws focus on supporting the nobility above all others, they're barely even taxed anymore, the burden falls on the poor instead..."
She was very clearly disgusted, these were likely the beliefs that led much of the nobility to consider her mad.
"Hahh... True... Anyway, would you like to return to my garden?"

"Sure, why not," Lycan agreed, figuring he wasn't going to leave this house anytime soon. Granted he didn't have much better to do outside of the castle, but at the same time he wanted to just be alone. It was a weird thing, but sometimes someone has to just recharge the batteries and sulk in the middle of a damn cave. Also, the talk of politics was...weird. Lycan knew nothing of normal humans running things or what it was like to live inside the city as an adult, so he felt quiet awkward talking about it. That and they where like..17? Got more things to worry about, like giant monsters eating people.

Iliya seemed pleased at that, he had clearly answered correctly by choosing to stay.
"Good... I'd already had the chefs prepare a lunch for us, just something to fill our stomachs while we plan our training...".
Talking about politics was normal for Iliya, she had been considered part of court life at age eight, and had received marriage offers as young as five... She was glad that their laws at least let her refuse... And five year old Iliya did not like those thirty year old creeps.
Once outside it was revealed that the table was set, with Rheya awaiting the others.

"Hey Rheya, glad to see youre here," Lycan greeted the knight once they where outside. For himself, he was never allowed in pack meetings, never allowed to see what went on or how it worked. Always just the alphas pup and nothing more. Father never intended for him to lead the pack, so why bother teaching a child who was useless? He sat down in a chair and leaned back in it, hoping to vanish into the chair or something to swallow him whole.

Rheya nodded at his greeting, actually smiling a little.
"I'm glad you're okay, those wounds were more than a little bit scary and I only saw for a few seconds...".
She really did worry about him, and wasn't even snarking or starting an argument.

Iliya and Rheya both sat down before the princess spoke.
"So... We need to discuss training... And what happened in the previous fight... I'm the first to admit I need to learn how to fight, I'm a glass cannon... Who can't fight unless others are in trouble".

Lycan shrugged her off as they weren't the worst wounds he has had in his lifetime. Then looked at Iliya as she sat down and spoke, "I agree, even basic sword fighting skills will be useful. You make for a great defense, but your one power isnt endless, and has requirements for it to function," As they might not always need protecting, nor worrying about her while in the midst of a fight. Lycans own powers run on pack instinct, but that goes for more than just Iliya. Would also work with Rheya, Agni, or even the mystery man Zephyr. As long as he thought a pack was together, then it was a no brainer. He just wished he also had another term to fight as he was never taught before leaving his home.

"I can train you Princess... I promise not to go easy on you either, doing so would be much more dangerous than a few bruises or cuts from rough training".
Rheya suggested, only for Iliya to shake her head.
"Your style relies on a fair amount of personal strength... I am I am quite frail I am afraid... I believe I get it from grandfather's half sister... The one he married..."
She actually seemed a tad embarrassed by the incestuous habits of royalty.

As if summoned by their name Zephyr appeared, taking a seat at the table.
"Good point princess, which why I will teach you... My style is better for weaker people, and has the benefit of range".

The wolf gave a small huff and just watched them go about. Ilieya was much to small for something like Rheyas brute force, and Lycan wouldnt be of much help either. His ability was engrained in his body and blood which would be impossible to teach. Then this Zephyr guy seeming appeared out of the shadows and offered to train the princess. Lycan felt this overwhelming protective sense come over him as he did not trust this guy. Something spoke bad words of him like he knows him from somewhere. Though he didnt speak and instead reached for the princesses hand, having to move his spot closer and sit differently, to interlock their fingers. Lycan just sort of gave Zephyr this look of 'dont fuck with her'.

Well Iliya certainly didn't seem to mind the sudden closeness and warmth of Lycan's hand, she actually seemed quite pleased by it all.
Zephyr put up their hands, clearly getting the message.
"Hey, don't worry about your princess Sir Wolf... I'd honestly be much more interested in you than her".
It sounded like a joke but there was a serious undertone that made it seem truthful.
Iliya meanwhile used her free hand to stroke the one holding her other hand.

Lycan only really got protective cause he didnt know this man nor know if he was going to harm Ileya in the process, "I like my fair share of dick, but it doesnt mean you are trusted. Rheya and Ileya might trust a shadow of a human, but I only learned your name and apperance a week ago. So forgive if I distrust Ileyas safety around you," Was his calm response, instead of the abrasive amd agitated way he usually sounded, "But I know Rheya couldnt teach her brute strength, and she isnt a shifter myself. So for now you'll be mildly watched over, Zephyr,"

"Lycan... I understand why you don't trust Zephyr but they are a close friend of mine... So I ask that you please at least pretend to get along?"
She asked, and clearly it was a request rather than a demand.
Either way Zephyr sighed loudly.
"You're right... This charade is boring and I'm sure you won't go blabbing..."
They pulled back their hood and removed their dark mask... Revealing a girl! What's more they were the child of the citizen's guild leader! The citizen's guild was expected to counter the royal power and protect people, not meet with royalty in private lunches...

Lycan let go of Illeyas hand and leanes back in his chair in silent agreement. Raising am eyebrow but the newly faced girl seemed familiar. The wolf had no idea about a guild or their purpose, but her face reminded him of someone else. Probably a fluke but whatever, and gave a small shake of his head, "Blabbing about what?" He questioned. Lycan loved out in the woods and his parents never spoke of the Royal status. They where often too busy with their own pack and other things to doscuss that or just never cared.

Rheya certainly seemed surprised! It appeared that Zephyr and Iliya could keep secrets from the bodyguard knight, you had to wonder how Iliya got so good at lying, and how many secrets she had.
"Okay, now that Zephyr's identity is established, I need to ask you about what you want to do about our next battle... I've called Agni here as well".
She had already spoken to Zephyr and Rheya but could not proceed without input from the entire group.

What identity? Lycan had no idea what she was talking about but procceded to pretend to know who the fuck she was. He looked down at the mention of Agni, but answerwd her anyway, "I think we need to work more on working together rather than seperate fighting styles. And fight something that is minor rather than something that will eat use at a moments notice,"

Iliya idly noted Lycan's lack of information and decided to explain later when she wouldn't be embarrassing him in front of everyone, doubted he react well to having attention on his lack of knowledge about the kingdom... Though there was a chance he wouldn't care.
"I agree... By ourselves we are not strong enough... Though to be fair that thing hit us by surprise so we didn't have a chance to get into formation... And I'll admit my information was bad, it was supposed to be weak and malnourished..."

The wolf gave a small nod in understanding, "But it wasnt and was getting food to be healthy from more than just human flesh. Could more live inside or near the empty projects that gives them shelter?" He suggested and gave a small raise of his brow.