Dream/Life

Technically the title of Royal mage had no specific outlines of what they could or couldn't do, but with that title most people assumed whatever they did was with royal backing, which got you quite far in most places, at least with supplies and performing certain restricted spells.

Lycan wasn't the only one flushing, after Iliya finished her little speech she was incredibly embarrassed by it, still it seemed to work.
"Lycan... If you need anything to help you train I will provide it, just come to me okay? I'll usually be in this garden either training or sitting around being pretty and useless..."

The wolfs' bright cerulean gaze looked at her, and he gave a soft chuckle before taking a hand to cup her cheek softly, "I think as long as you're by my side, I can get through. Also, you're both captivating and strong which I would hardly consider useless when you do so much without no one knowing," He responded sort of scolding cause Ileya was a princess of large compassion and a willingness to learn even if she knew everything. The wolf then leaned over and gave her a soft peck on the lips, and a smile with the reddest of cheeks. Pulling away back into his seat and seemingly then tried to melt into the chair.

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
Rheya found herself looking away, the intensity of whatever was going on between the two was a bit much for the virgin knight... She did see the kiss however! Oh gods the court was going to freak out... Maybe some of them might finally pass away from the shock?

Iliya was for once speechless, that had been the first kiss she had willingly accepted... And oh gods she was pretty sure her panties were damp now!
"I umm... Yes..."
She tried to inform him how much she enjoyed that.

Agni was quiet enjoying the show as it was like a romance novel writing itself out before her, and also they reminded her of two other people whom shes never seen. It was adorable and she loved it so much. "I think we should take our leave, Rheya, you can help me get some things in town for spells," she offered the night who clearly seemed uncomfortable, but romance wasn't for everyone now was it.
The wolf was still just trying to hide himself or burying him into the ground at some point in his embarrassment. He was never a bold person and well now he has kissed the PRINCESS of his town and it was going to be a backlash for sure.

Rheya let out a relieved sigh that Iliya was too distracted to notice and hurried after the witch, glad for the chance to get away from the awkward situation.
"Thanks for that little excuse to get away... I dunno why but seeing guys and girls kissing makes me feel weird, and kinda out of place".
She admitted, a little red.

Iliya was equally busy trying to hide herself but soon noticed that the others had left and somewhat recovered.
"Umm... Lycan... I very much enjoyed that kiss... But I must ask... Do you wish to court me?"

"I understand, I feel that way about all affections I suppose? Never really seen it often or experienced it?" Agni responded and gave a small shrug. Being a witch tended to ward off anyone who had interest in her or have any sort of interest in her. Though she has always wanted to date someone or have an affectionate partner, "I also think they're cute, but Ileya is always cute in her own way,"

Lycan seemed to relaxed when the other two left, but he was still burning red. God that was highly embarrassing, and then he looked at the princess when she spoke. Court? Courting...shit what did that mean again? All semblance of knowledge was gone over his head, "I...I uh...know I'd like to date you? Thats what courting is right? Dating?" He questioned and seemed to get angry at himself, "Fuck, sorry, I'm going to answer yes, I would like to do that as long as I can bring you things like flowers and such, hold your hand and...love you I guess?"

"Huh, well I guess everyone's different".
Rheya declared, she decided against mentioning that while guys with girls did nothing good for her... She had highly appreciated seeing two maids going at it in a guest room.
Not that she had been spying! Just... Making sure no one came along and got them in trouble... The dreams she had later were completely unrelated... Though did make her briefly wonder if she was crushing on the princess...
Of course Agni's words chose then to sink in...
"Ahh! I agree... When she's not being super serious and lets her guard down she's especially cute...".

Iliya nodded slowly, then planted a kiss on his cheek.
"I would very much love to date you Lycan, I am not sure I'll always be able to leave the castle, but at the very least you may enter my private garden... O...or my bedroom..."

Agni looked at Rheya and raised a brow before smiling at her amused, "What has you all flustered, Rheya?" She asked with a chuckle, then seemed a bit saddened at the next words came from her mouth, "Did you want to court Ileya instead of Lycan?" Granted it would've been better for the princess to be with a noble, strong woman like Rheya. Dating a mangy mutt who was disowned by his own family and lived out in the woods like a hobbit wasn't for the best of images. Then again Ileya never seemed to care much about her royal status, and more about what she cared about, "After all you're her guard and close friend, you would know the most about her," Was that...jealousy sinking into the young witches words?

The wolf blinked and looked at her, then up at the castle, "I don't think anyone would want a large wolf climbing up the side of their castle," He seemed to miss the nail on that one, but intimacy was hard for Lycan. He had an extreme hate for his body, as seen before with the bath, and could barely open up about his name let alone sleep with a person. It was a nerve-wracking idea in the young mans head, and he hoped one day he could just do such a thing, "And I love the garden, it's beautiful and full of fantasy ideals like flower crowns or I dont know," Lycan rubbed his hands together to just get the nervousness to leave his body, "Or maybe a walk?"

Rheya at first seemed a little worried, before sighing and nodding her answer.
"A time ago I did... But that was just a crush from a confused girl, besides, I'm pretty sure she likes guys... At least Lycan is pretty tough when he's not running away".
She commented before seeming to think of something amusing to her.
"You know... I was given the position of guard because the king was worried about all the guys being alone with his daughter... But I probably like girls more than most of those half baked knights".

"I would".
Iliya declared, not wanting to embarrass him just yet... That could come later when it wouldn't ruin the moment.
"The garden is quite nice yes... And a walk sounds delightful".

Lyan was something else, but she wouldn't say he is strong. He was more of a lost pup who lost his pack and never learned how to function. Though that wasn't her place to speak of as he could hold his own when he wished to. Agni couldn't help but snort in laughter, "That i can very well see, you get more pussy than most grown men I know," she mused with a playful nudge, "I kid, slightly, but when I went to school I was usually the guys wingman cause I can speak better to a girl than they can in a year long relationship. She usually left with me," She gave a soft chuckle.

The wolf seemed to get excited as he wanted to get to know Ileya for who she was. Lycan stood and went to offer his hand to her, and he wished they could go more beyond the garden. But it was a good first thing right? Fuck why could he not speak to people like a normal creature with social skills? Lycan was just awkward and weird, but hey Ileya asked him to court right? So good sign?

Rheya had mostly been referring to his physical strength and wolf form, though he did have a sort of strength other than that, the strength to survive when your family turned their backs, it was the same strength the princess relied on.
That comment brought out a very noticeable blush! Sure Rheya liked girls... And a few liked her... But those were minor crushes from mostly straight girls who just like her strength... To be honest, Rheya had never even been kissed, never mind gone further.

Iliya happily took his hand, squeezing lightly, despite the warm sun caressing them and lighting her face just so, she was rather cold, and appreciated Lycan's body heat, even just a hand's worth.
They walked at a leisurely pace for a minute before Iliya spoke.
"So... Lycan, what's it like being a shifter? I want to know more about you".

Seeing the red brushing across the knights face made Agni give a cheeky smile, "Sorry, I hadn't meant to embarrass you, Rheya, but hey I got to speak the truth," she mused to her and then gave a curious look, "Though Rheya, if I may ask. Have you always been a knight for the castle? Or for Ileya?" Did she do something before this, or was she a knight in another part of the kingdom? The knight never spoke about herself.

Why is she always so cold? Was she half-dead? Lycan thought to himself and follow beside her for a moment. Just sort of trying to think of a thing to talk about or something to ease himself into social spots, but she beat him to it. The wolf looked at her with those bright blue eyes and gave a small shrug, "I guess...its like having two halves. The wolf is a separate body with a personality that slightly differs from my own, its own thoughts and actions as well as weaknesses. Though most I share with the wolf," he took a guess at a response, as it was hard to explain. As it was like himself, but yet something different as well, "Like we are both affected by a plant called night gale or another is lotus, but the wolf sees you as an object to protect and defend. I see you more as a partner, girlfriend and so on," He spoke while waving his one hand, and kept messing with the hair at the back of his neck between pauses.

"It's okay...".
Rheya mumbled, her blush slowly fading as she got herself under control.
"I'd prefer someone who embarrassed me compared to a liar who avoided anything I might dislike".
Rheya declared, though her tone was fairly neutral if upbeat, so it was hard to tell if she spoke from experience or not.
"Oh? Well, of course I wasn't always a knight... Before I came to the castle I was actually low wage maid, my mother was a maid as well who had an affair with a noble... I'm not certain which one... But eventually I chose to attempt to become a squire, most disliked it until I defeated them... Of course it was Iliya who actually knighted me, I was a mere guard when I was assigned to her".

Iliya herself wasn't certain why she was always so cold, she knew her mother was as well from the one time she had been held as a baby, and at least some rumours suggested she had foreign blood from some cold, dark land across the sea.
Iliya listened intently, clearly very interested in what he had to say.
"That sounds a little strange to me, I suppose that is due to my limited frame of reference...".
The closest she had experienced was her link with Ash, though sometimes she felt like there was another side to her... The side that allowed her to calmly plot treason or see people as tools... It was very useful but admittedly a tad frightening to see how inhuman she could think when necessary.
Needing a distraction from her thoughts Iliya reached up to play with the hair Lycan had been messing with.

"Oh, i see, so you became assigned to her? That is very neat to know, a princess choosing a knight most thought couldn't do it," Agni replied back with a smile and a small shrug, "I am glad to hear you've moved up from a maid to a mighty knight," She gave her a playful bump with her hip.

Lycan gave a small shrug, "It's fine, I don't have much either than what I learned before leaving my pack or my own experience," he replied sheepishly. The one thing he hated most about their little team was that he was so lack in his own species. Like if he had known he would be fighting with others and having to be a hero of sorts, then he wouldn't have left home at 15 and become a hermit in the woods. Cold then touched the back of his neck and he gave a shiver at the touch, then started to chuckle and moved away from Ileya quickly, "That tickles Lea!" Lycan rubbed the back of his neck, having been playing with it due to his anxiety, and warding off chuckles that lingered, "Youre hands are stupid soft!"

Rheya smiled faintly at that, she was well aware of just how much like a fairytale it was, and was so grateful to Iliya... She might have had to marry a man if not for the higher pay and privilege of knighthood.
"Heh... You and me both, the maid uniform is cute though... I've still got it".
Rheya had no idea why she mentioned that... Similar to why she wasn't sure of her own reasons for keeping it.

Iliya pressed against Lycan affectionately.
"Umm... I don't know if this is offensive... And I can't teach you anything I didn't find in books... But I could be your new pack?..."
What was this? Was Iliya actually nervous?!
Iliya then covered her mouth to hide her grin as he moved away.
"Just one perk of not being allowed to do anything strenuous I suppose..."

She still had it? Wonder if it fit still or not as a lot has changed in the last few years. Agni gave a small chuckle, "Id love to see it at some point, youd look very cute with it on," she mused back to the other. The witch had no sort of thing herself. Maybe old outfits for spell casting but Agnis past wasnt brought a long to the cabin and reamined where her parents where. She never planned on going back.

The wolf put his arm around her when she pressed against his side and then gave a grin. It wasnt offensive but it certainly was very cute of hee to ask, "You goof, you already are. Thats why I'm so protective of you, other than that I like you and I suck at communicating," he pointed out to him and gave her a gentle squeeze, "You and the unruly lot are a pack to me, even if it isn't obvious cause I'm too sullen for my own good,"

Well that got Rheya blushing! She actually had worn it a few times, something she had seemingly picked up from the crippled girl she sometimes saw in her dreams... Though of course Rheya only had the one outfit and she never wore them outside.
"Uhh... M...maybe I can show you sometime?"
She suggested, heart beating for some reason...

That arm around her drew an appreciative sigh from Iliya, if they weren't standing she would be snuggling much more right then, as for Lycan, he could feel her cold body warming a little, he was having a clear effect on her wellbeing!
"I'm glad... A pack is a family... Right?"
She looked to him for confirmation.
"And... I always wanted a real family..."

Agni gave a grin and nod in agreement, "Sure, little fashion show!" She gave a chuckle in amusement. She missed having a friend. Someone to talk to and be silly with, even if it bordered on flirting which she also didn't mind. Agni would be so proud to call the knight someone more than a friend, but she refrained to keep her face from bursting. The city was fairly quiet today. With everything that was lurking just a few miles from them, suppose none of the middle class residents wanted to leave their houses. So, finding what she needed was a bit harder than normal with shops being closed, but she got half of what it was that was called for, "Seems that fear is spreading even to the middle class," She commented and looked at the empty street they stood on.

The wolf considered her words and nodded, "Yes, a pack can be a family or a group functioning as one. Though its usually family as dogs tend to be very oriented to protecting loved ones," He responded and then looked down at her before giving a slight smile, "Me too, but I definitely count you as family now. Even those three weirdos we fight with are my family now too," Though part of him wanted to go and find his biological family. Lycan wanted to show Ileya his brother and mother, his father thought would probably be proud of dating the princess but who knows. Yet he hasnt seen them in 10 years now, and he didnt know how Ileya would feel meeting the longest lasting pack in the city.

Rheya was glad of Agni's presence, she had no real friends to talk to about most things, and no one she could risk flirting with, homosexuality was tolerated to a point, but could still be grounds for dismissal if you chatted up the wrong person... And nobles were so tight lipped about their sexuality...
"Yeah... Only the nobles are safe in their gated mansions... You'd think if they were this worried the king might do something..."

Iliya reached up and kissed Lycan, eager to show her appreciation of being part of his family.
She would actually have liked to meet his biological family, maybe even Renew the ancient, forgotten treaties.

Agni didn't live within city limits nor was enlisted in the castles' inquiry; their own witches where stuck up assholes. So, she liked her little hobble home in the midst of the woods where no one really bothered her, "Youre not wrong, but thats what we are here for. To contain it regardless, right?" The red-head mused to her knight counterpart, then reached over to take Rheyas' hand, "Enough about the boring city, and its even worse residents, I got what I needed and we can head to my cabin. Working alone is extremely boring,"

Lycan was about to speak to Ileya about something else, wanting to just hear her point and her voice more than anything, when he was kissed. The young wolf returned the kiss happily, cupping her face gently with a hand. Air was a bit important though he did pull away slowly before smiling, "so, was that just because or you're just very happy?"