• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

• WELCOME TO IWAKU, QUOTEV REFUGEES ◉◇◉
    A site made for roleplay is way cooler we promise <3

Should we split into two groups? Or should we reduce the character limit to one?

• 17 characters, 2 groups.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • 11 characters, 1 group.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The draft of the first IC post is complete. I still need to go over it one more time and edit it however before it goes up and we can begin.

So in the meantime, I have a question for everyone. How would you like to see posting handled? The way I see it, there are three ways we can go about it.

No Posting Order -> Self-explanatory, not exactly my preference but has it's upsides along with it's downsides.

Posting Order -> Also quite self explanatory, allows the RP to read better but requires everyone to do their part in keeping up the momentum. If this is considered the best option by everyone, the order will be according to date of your character's submission.

Half and Half -> Is the third option which require a bit of an explanation which is located below. unless you are in some of my other RPs cough weird wolf chaos cough

Half and half essentially has it so that we use both a posting order and no posting order at specific times. To put it simply, during the main quests of the roleplay where we are actively progressing in the story, there will be a posting order. But during down times such as when our band of merry adventurers set up camp, there won't be a posting order and people are free to build up character relationships to their heart's content up until we do the next main quest, so to speak. I hope that makes sense.

In order to avoid confusion, my posts will also make it extremely clear which mode we are in (Either Main Quest or Camp).

Last edited by a moderator:
You already know what I'd pick sooooooooooo lmao

Half and half, especially given that Arrahel's is a delayed appearance and factors such as combat and events such as Orlesian balls play out differently.

You already know what I'd pick sooooooooooo lmao
But what about me? I want to know too!

Anyway, joking aside, half and half is my vote too. Normal story stuff, having a general order can make sure everyone gets a part.
Camp stuff, people can respond more together if needed, finish some interactions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The draft of the first IC post is complete. I still need to go over it one more time and edit it however before it goes up and we can begin.

So in the meantime, I have a question for everyone. How would you like to see posting handled? The way I see it, there are three ways we can go about it.

No Posting Order -> Self-explanatory, not exactly my preference but has it's upsides along with it's downsides.

Posting Order -> Also quite self explanatory, allows the RP to read better but requires everyone to do their part in keeping up the momentum. If this is considered the best option by everyone, the order will be according to date of your character's submission.

Half and Half -> Is the third option which require a bit of an explanation which is located below. unless you are in some of my other RPs cough weird wolf chaos cough

Half and half essentially has it so that we use both a posting order and no posting order at specific times. To put it simply, during the main quests of the roleplay where we are actively progressing in the story, there will be a posting order. But during down times such as when our band of merry adventurers set up camp, there won't be a posting order and people are free to build up character relationships to their heart's content up until we do the next main quest, so to speak. I hope that makes sense.

In order to avoid confusion, my posts will also make it extremely clear which mode we are in (Either Main Quest or Camp).
I've been in a lot of RPs with each style, and having full time posting orders is one of the quickest ways to kill an rp. Either the people lost interest waiting for the next person in line, or they begin to resent anyone who takes forever to post, especially if they're high up in the post order. Having half and half would be best

Reactions: AceSorcerer
Brief Notice for Later

3258-1-1323317032.png

So far, the following characters will become Wardens:

-Fergus ( @BearEnthusiast )
-Grehm ( @Tyrannosaurus Rekt )
-Adim ( @Gateman )
-Garric ( @DustBunny )

The following character might become a Warden:

-Varsus ( @Wolfsin )

The following character can not become a Warden:

-Ur'gari ( @weird. )

Last edited:
Wow my alerts were broken for this >.< but I'm caught up and vote Half and Half for the order ^_^

Reactions: AceSorcerer
Posting order kills rps. There is always that ONE or TWO people that literally take forever to post and keep the diligent ones waiting. And while you wait, interest and excitement begins to dwindle away. That being said I am okay kinda with option 3 but I feel a lot of the time will be main quest tredging onward, so it kinda doesn't change much... Ultimately do what you do, but I feel like you will weed out the bads more successfully with no posting order... and you might lose some good rpers with one... because no one wants to wait a 'year' to post in something they are excited about.

As long as everyone can stay committed, I feel as though half and half would be the best option.

Also @AceSorcerer does this mean that Ered will not have the chance to become a Warden? If so that is completely fine.

The RPs I've been in that have worked are ones where people post where it seems natural. For instance, waiting for a reply from someone they were talking to, or the continuation of an action, or whatever group dynamic they have going on... all plot oriented. And then the GM puts a "once a whatever the timeframe is" plot moving post up, not waiting for the uninterested stragglers to post (if there are any). This has kept most RPs I've been in, alive. I also believe that those RPs had a strict-ish "no 1x1ing within a group" rule, unless it is character downtime. Like aforementioned "camp" scenes.

So, whatever that option is.
Option 3 maybe?

So far, the following characters will become Wardens:
Also. You may want to move Ghrem to the "might" category. Upon further reflection, I think if he got wind that it murders fertility rates in people he'd be a lot more skeptical. While he hates dwarven civilization, he's not keen on seeing them die out entirely. That being said, he could be convinced that dwarven fertility rates suck anyway and to join on up! We'll see how this plays out IC-wise. ^^

Sorry. Trying to get in my character's mindset. :D

As long as everyone can stay committed, I feel as though half and half would be the best option.

Also @AceSorcerer does this mean that Ered will not have the chance to become a Warden? If so that is completely fine.
He has a chance, these are just the people who have already stated their position (with the exception of the child).

Reactions: UltimaCircuit
Also. You may want to move Ghrem to the "might" category. Upon further reflection, I think if he got wind that it murders fertility rates in people he'd be a lot more skeptical. While he hates dwarven civilization, he's not keen on seeing them die out entirely. That being said, he could be convinced that dwarven fertility rates suck anyway and to join on up! We'll see how this plays out IC-wise. ^^

Sorry. Trying to get in my character's mindset. :D
Here's the fun part- only Wardens know about that! You can only learn secrets after induction, after all.

Here's the fun part- only Wardens know about that! You can only learn secrets after induction, after all.
That is true. I guess I should have prefaced it with: if he knows about it. It can be mentioned or not. But Ghrem will be salty learning about that AFTER the fact. But, then again, he can just be salty if no one tells him. We'll just see how the RP works out. I guess that is what I meant.

That is true. I guess I should have prefaced it with: if he knows about it. It can be mentioned or not. But Ghrem will be salty learning about that AFTER the fact. But, then again, he can just be salty if no one tells him. We'll just see how the RP works out. I guess that is what I meant.
He's gonna get his jimmies rustled either way, why not add to it? "Now that you're a grey warden, you have incredible powers that rival any warriors! The bad news is that you'll be turning Darkspawn in a few decades. The good news is that you're fertility's been decimated, so no more worrying about condoms!"

Reactions: chaosheart13
He's gonna get his jimmies rustled either way, why not add to it? "Now that you're a grey warden, you have incredible powers that rival any warriors! The bad news is that you'll be turning Darkspawn in a few decades. The good news is that you're fertility's been decimated, so no more worrying about condoms!"
I'm trying to visualize medieval condoms.
Nope. Not coming to me.

And why not just add onto it? "You'll get horrible nightmares. You probably won't survive the process. No one really likes Grey Wardens anymore. You may have to sacrifice yourself to an Archdemon. Uh. But hey, you may or may not be a legend. Or you may be viewed as the worst thing that ever happened. And if Corephyus was a thing, which he isn't, you might get mind controlled and used to reanimate him. Glad you joined the Wardens?"

*soft crying heard in the background*

XD

Reactions: Periwinkle
So shall I count him as a "Yes" or "Maybe," officially? @UltimaCircuit , same for your character.

Last edited:
Silly fool, you don't become a Darkspawn! You just die semi-peacefully in your sleep or like a badass killing as many as you can in the Deep Roads!

Last edited:
@BearEnthusiast I just thought of something. We're going into the Free Marches first, correct?

Alright, it'll be option three. Expect the IC up before midnight~

And yes, @AceSorcerer we will be heading through the Free Marches first.

Status
Not open for further replies.