Don't Want Your Sympathy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alejandro almost burst out laughing at what Zack was saying about his birthday. "Are you kidding, I love all of the birthday party stuff that people do, cakes, presents." Alejandro smiled. "And yeah I would love to see the houses." Alejandro stretched his back cracking in several places before he returned to his normal standing position. "And then maybe you'd like to go by the college, I can show you the work I've been doing in my classes."

Zack beamed when Alejandro said e loved birthday stuff. He slowly climbed out of bed. "I would love to go to the college with you. Griffin won't let me work anyway." he stripped not the least bit embaressed to do so. He grabbed apair of loose jeans and a college tshirt. "I'll see what I can do about a party and what not. At the very least the three of us will go to dinner. We can do whatever you want today."

Alejandro smiled and then turned heading to his room to change into some better clothes. Afterwards Alejandro headed downstairs looking about the kitchen for something quick to eat. Finding himself an apple he quickly polished it on his shirt and then took a large bite out of it. He turned and then sat down at the table staring at the wall.

Zack moved down the stairs slowly. He was mostly healed but he needed to be careful not to over do it. It took several minutes to get down the stairs. He went directly to the kitchen. He pulled a toaster strudels. He put it into the toaster. While he waited for that he texted Griffin. He told his brother they were coming by and that it was Alejandra's birthday.

Alejandro finished off his apple, and then wandered into the kitchen to throw the apple core out. He then turned around and leaned against the counter watching Zack. He just stood there silently watching the older man, not even bothering to say a word since he didn't want to disturb Zack or his moment of happiness. Alejandro wasn't sure what he would've done if he didn't meet Zack, or much less find someone he even liked.

Zack finished his 'breakfast'. He licked the frosting off his fingers. "Alright. I am ready for our day. Lets go check out the houses and reassure the crew that I am returning. I think you'll like the guys." He commented as he headed for the front door. He had to stop and search for his keys.

Alejandro watched intently when Zack had licked the frosting from his fingers, and then followed him to the front door pulling Zack's keys off of the side table he handed them to him. "Here." He smiled when he placed the keys into Zack's hand their fingers brushing. Alejandro blushed slightly and then looked down at the floor.

Zack took the keys with a smile. He cupped Alejandra's chin and lifted it so he was looking into the younger man. "Happy birthday Alejandro." He lowered his lips to the boys. It was a real kiss this time. Zack kept the kiss gentle and sweet. Reluctantly he pulled back and headed out the door. He climbed into the drivers seat and waited for the younger man.

• Love
Reactions: Naomi Tuesday
Alejandro stood there stunned at what just happened. It was wonderful though what just happened, and he would take that kiss as a wonderful birthday gift. After a moment of standing by the front door he bolted out the door, slamming it shut behind him as he sprinted towards the vehicle, and slid into the passenger's side seat.

Zack smiled as he started the car. He headed to the work site. He was a little worried about bring Alejandro back to this neighborhood but Griffin assured him that the boy's father wouldn't be a problem for awhile. He pulled up to a house. "The guys must be inside." He got out and headed to the door. He knew that his brother had told their crew that today was Alejandro's birthday. The blame was to have the guys start sing when the boy entered the house.

Alejandro carefully climbed out of the car, and then walked behind Zack up to the house. Alejandro looked up at the house, and liked the place it was nice, and the work that was being done on it was even more stunning. It made Alejandro think about where he was living now, he wanted to stay with Zack and Griffin, but he also wanted his own place, even if it was a small apartment, somewhere where he could go for utter alone time.

Zack opened the door and guided Alejandro through the door. As soon as the boy stepped inside six deep very off key voices started singing happy birthday. There in the living room six men all of them muscled. Some wore short sleeves a couple wore no shirt at all. Most were over six feet tall. The all wore broad smiles as they welcomed the newest crew member.

Alejandro's entire face went red, a deep red like a tomato, and once the men were done singing he turned burying his head into Zack's chest. "Did you have to do that?" He asked embarrassed. "Much less a room full of guys... Like that." He pointed with his entire hand behind him to all of them.

Zack wrapped his arms around Alejandro. "I'm sorry. I thought you would like it. I didn't mean to embarrass you. The guys meant well. They even got you gifts." He felt bad. It had been his idea to have the guys welcome Alejandro. He knew the guys would want to do something for the young man's birthday.

"I do like it... I just wasn't expecting it." Alejandro pulled away from Zack, and then looked at everyone. "Thanks guys." He smiled slightly, but when he looked back at Zack he beamed. It was a smile reserved for ture hapiness, and Alejandro certainly felt it.

"Good. I'm glad." Zack gently caressed Alejandro's face. He was glad that the younger man liked the surprise. The crew introduced themselves to him. Paul wasa tall black man, Troy was a bald white guy, Davis was a red headed man wit a beard, and Hank had a purple Mohawk. They were an odd group. Each different but it was clear that they were an easy going group tat had been working together for awhile. They each handed him a twenty. "It isn't much." Griffin told him gruffily "but we thought you could use it to buybart supplies or something."

Alejandro smiled. "Thanks guys." Soon after he said thanks his phone went off, and when he checked the caller ID it read some sort of retirement residence. "Must be my grandmother." He muttered though she normally didn't call using the residency phone. Hitting the answer button he put the phone to his ear. "Hello?" What Alejandro didn't expect was to hear someone other than his grandmother.
"Alejandro Manning, we are sorry to inform you that your grandmother had passed away in her sleep last night."
Alejandro's cell phone slipped from his hand, and he suddenly went dead quiet with a wide eyed look on his face. He eyes welled up with tears, and Alejandro found himself on the verge of crying.

"Hey guys can you give us a minute." Griffin stated shoving the others out of the roo at Zack's request. Zack went over to Alejandro. He had no idea what the phone call had been about but he could tall that it hadn't been the good call that the younger man had been expecting. He took the phone and hung it up. They could call back. He wrapped his arms around the other man once again. "What happened?"

The tears spilled down, and Alejandro leaned against Zack burying his head against his chest. "My grandmother passed away last night... Not even one last goodbye, or the ability to tell her that I'm not with my dad anymore..." Alejandro clutched onto Zack's shirt, and sobbed into it.

"Oh... You poor thing...I wish I had known..." Zack said feeling inadequate. The timing could possibly have been worse. No one should learn that someone died on their birthday. Alejandro's birthday would forever be scarred by this. "Is there anything to can do to hep?" He doubted it. What coukd h do? But if the younger man coukd think if anythingbto help ease the ache hr would be mire than willing to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.