Don't Want Your Sympathy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alejandro looked up at Zack. "Well my grandmother told me that in the event of her death, talk to her lawyer about her will..." Alejandro then looked down. "I want to have a nice funeral for her.. And she deserves a statue of her own. A really nice angel one." Alejandro thought about where his grandmother would be buried in the cemetary.

"We'll take care of it. Griffin knows a guy that does stone carvings. You can choose one or he can as the agel look like her." Zac took out Hus phone and sent s message to his brother explaining the situation and asking him to contact the Stone guy. "Do you want to contact the lawyer before we worry about the other details?"

Alejandro nodded. "Yeah I got the lawyer on my cellphone.." Alejandro took his cellphone back, and opened up his contacts before calling the lawyer. "Hello this is Alejandro Manning, Grandson of Mary Manning. Yes she passed away last night. Right now? Alright, I'll see what I can do." Alejandro hung up, and looked at Zack. "He wants us to come in know."

"Tell him that we will be there as soon as we can." Zack assured him. Everything else could wait. Nothing was more important to him than getting Alejandro through this difficult time. He remember how hard things had been when his mother had passed away. He had barely been able to focus. This birthday was officially ruined. But they could celebrate later.

Alejandro nodded and then texted the laywer saying they were going to be there. He then walked out of the house towards the car. Alejandro wiped away his tears, and shoved his phone into his jeans pocket. He looked back at Zack, and smiled the best he could. "I hope I still get cake later."

"I promise if you're up to it you can have cake later. Whatever you need or want." Zack told him as he slide untobtge drivers seat and headed down the road. It was an extreme promise and Zack meat it. Anything within his means to get or do was Alejandro's. It was a dangerous promise. One that could easily be taken advantage of. But he didn't hesitste to make it. He doubted that the younger MSN waoukd rtake adentsge of the offer.

Alejandro smiled, and then looked towards the road to where they were going. Once they reached the lawyer's office, Alejandro climbed out of the car, and headed in to meet with him. The lawyer was nice, and quickly let Alejandro know that his grandmother's old apartment was his, and that any money she had left over was his as well.

Zack waited in the waiting room. He sipped coffee, flipped through magazines, and played games on his phone. He wanted one close if Alejandro needed him. He didn't mind waiting. It gave him a chance to rest.

Alejandro exited the office, and looked at Zack. "My grandmother left me her old apartment, and some money." Alejandro looked at Zack, and sat down next to him. "So it looks like I have my own place." Alejandro looked at Zack, and then leaned his head onto his shoulder. "I still want to see you though."

Zack didn't know what to make of Alejandro's announcement. It was good for the boy to have his own space. But he didn't like the idea of him being so far away. He relaxed some when the younger man indicated that he didn't plan on leaving him. "What will you do with the apartment? Use it as an art studio?" It was a good idea. Artist often needed their own space. He could understand that. Griffin had the wood shed.

"I don't know... As far as I know it's big enough for living space, and an art studio, but it's big enough for more than just one person." Alejandro looked at Zack, and then stood up. "Come on, I still want to show you that project that I've been working on in my class."

Zack frowned that. "Are you sure?" He stood to his feet ready to go. He was curious about this project that Alejandro wanted to show him. It would be nice to meet some of the boy's friends too. He but he wasn't sure that it was the best idea to see it today. Of course it would distract the boy. So if he was but to it then Zack was more then willing to take him there. He headed out to the car.

Alejandro followed Zack out to the car. "Of course I'm sure. I mean I have gone through worse so yes this effects me and it's upsetting, but at least I'm not getting bruises over it." Alejandro climbed into the car, and the peered out the window distracting himself further.

"There are physical bruises, emotional bruises, and spiritual bruises." Zack told him as he started down the road towards the college. He wouldnt judge Alejandro but he wasn't sure that he understood the boy's reaction. Maybe he would ask Griffin. His brother might be able to explain it to him. A

Alejandro looked over at Zack. "You're confused about how I'm taking this aren't you... Look yes I am upset about my grandmother, but I also understand that everyone dies eventually, and she was old, living in a retirement home. It was bound to happen... I just never expected it to be on my twentieth birthday." Alejandro reached over, and put his hand into Zacks, looking at him.

"I know everyone grieves differently. I'll try not to judge your way. I guess I've never seen anyone be able to function after a death. I'm sorry that your birthday has been...damaged." Zack said as he drove to the college. It didn't take long for them to reach the college. It did that a little longer to find a parking spot. Once they were parked.zack climbed out of the car and waited for Alejandro.

Alejandro climbed out of the car quickly walked up to Zack. "Come on." Alejandro took Zack's hand and almost literally dragged him to the art room. Alejandro said hello to his teacher who was in one of her favourite spring dresses. Alejandro then walked up to an art easel in the back of the room that contained a rather large canvas with a painting that had a dark figure carrying another in the rain. "This is what I've been working on. What do you think?"

Zack laughed as Alejandra dragged him to the art room. He barely got a hello out to the teacher before the younger man drug him to the back of the room. He studied the picture that Alejandro presented. Although he had seen two examples of the boy's taken, Zack was still amazed at the skill that the young man showed. "It's amazing Alejandro. You should be very proud of it."

Alejandro smiled, before laughing slightly. "No not that, that was my last project." Alejandro pointed at the back wall. "That is my project." On the wall in the middle of being painted was large mural of the drawing he had down in his sketch book, and the painting on the canvas. It was the same picture of the two men kissing. "Mrs. Muram liked it so much that she asked if I could do it as a mural for the art room." Alejandro looked up at Zack wanting to see his reaction.

Zack stared at the mural. I had wanted to see it enlarged in this way. He had imagined it as a mural. It was even better than he had imagined it would be. He could almost imagine his own face there on the wall. Which he supposed was the point of the vagueness of the imagine. "It's amazing Alejandro. It's even better than I had imagined it. I can almost see my face there on the wall."

Status
Not open for further replies.