don't go in the woods
CAST | LORE | IC

Last edited:
Reactions: MiharuAya
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
ewan abernathy
Gnossienne no. 3
Interactions:

The full spectrum of human emotion was a weighty one that Ewan rarely confronted within himself, let alone others, but anger was something that he could understand. The glare on Cyrus's face was a familiar one and it offered some kind of relief, the illusion that the ship had been righted and they could get back to the endless, pointless loop of hating one another. In the next breath, however, her voice shook around her demand for a new reality, and the defiant glare in her eyes turned frantic as she pointed up and down the quiet hallway.

"I'm not even sure what's happening to say that it didn't..." Ewan admitted, his revulsion for whatever game she was playing turned into a cautiousness. As far as he knew, he'd spent the afternoon running through the woods like a chicken with its head cut off, and Cyrus was the first person he'd seen since morning. Whatever happened to her—and he was beginning to suspect it was a who rather than a what—wasn't his business.

For once, Ewan was the one feeling uncomfortable and he was ready to be done with it. He needed to find Lucida anyway, get some clarity on the meeting he'd missed and try to gauge whether or not his accidental absence would be punished. "Right," he started in a sigh, about to excuse himself until Cyrus questioned him. The break in her voice was as surprising as her glassy eyes, and Ewan frowned. "Did I see anyone?" he repeated her words like they were annoyance.

And they were. Sort of. But now he knew her current state was no accident.

"Who should I have seen?" he questioned back, slipping his hand into his pocket to quiet another comforting impulse. "Who did you see?"

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Leonardo Ferdinand
Interactions:
Baby @neptune Benji @Vinn Kellen @Adrian Dakota @Ghostly Boo

The buzz from the alcohol was weak as the liquid settled in his stomach. But, as the blond inhaled a deep breath from his joint, his mind started to become comfortably cloudy. Even with Leo's compromised state of mind, he could still pick up the uneasy feeling coming from the other boys. As his amber eyes scanned the group, each seemed tense to realize that this was a shared phenomenon.

While Leo tried to reassure everyone, he had to admit that the discussion was intriguing. Though, there were a few moments where he wondered if this was a prank. As he continued to casually suck on his joint, his eyes followed each person adding to the story.

When Benji brought up the idea of looking for this mysterious subconscious calling, Leo was immediately onboard. Even though he still had his reservations about the dreams, he had wanted to explore the buildings since he first arrived. "Hell yeah! I'm so down." He agreed without missing a beat.

"How about the basement? Or attic? That's where all the scary crap is hidden in movies," He suggested with a type of playful tone that only someone who had not experienced these dreams could have.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
PERSEPHONE FRELING
Loïc Nottet - Mr/Mme
Interactions:
richie @Kuno
The smallest hiccup left her lips, bubbles from the beer warmed her stomach and nose tickled still. At Richie's well-meaning chide, she looked up at him meekly. Hair falling away from her face, cheeks a little flushed.

Persephone had shrugged at the notion of the nurse doing something right. "She gave me a lecture... Called my mum," her voice trailed off slightly. Much of the afternoon had followed to herself and Edgar (the eyeball carrying crow). Toying with her obnoxiously long hair and teasing it into the plaided rose at the back, with three single plaits going down. Stylish enough, but left long and free at the front so her hair can cover her face if she wanted it.

Blinking slowly at the refreshment table, she felt her stomach tighten uncomfortably. But, she didn't reject the offer. Slowly, nodding her head. "Richie, I'm sorry for being a nuisance today..." Percy dumped her bottle in the closest bin.

Returning to her natural state of chewing on her lower lip.

Lightly reaching for Richie's hand, she began to wander towards the refreshments station. Looking over the spread. "How are you meant to drink any way? Mum always takes things back quick..." And told her the same...

To feel numb and dull the senses. Not feel the crowds of people or the suffocation between them. To coax her stomach to empty.

To lose a few pounds like her mother notably pointed out to Percy... She'd gained weight and how could anyone love her the shape she was in.

Cautiously, her eyes raked over the foods. Trying to find something with the smallest calorie count.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Cyrus Grey
Gris OST - by berlinist
Interactions:
EWAN @neptune
TW: Impacts of Abuse and Scarring.

Cyrus's brows deepened in their frown at the comment of not knowing what happened. To say it didn't.

Was he trying to riddle her up a wall at this moment? She asked herself looking at the Abernathy boy. A fucking Founder, like those scumbags.

Even thinking about them now and her own helplessness, made her hand tightly into a fist. Anger boiling up into her. Nails bit moon phases into her palms. When she clenched so hard. It took everything for her to not bite her lip to the point of bleeding.

Her gaze didn't leave Ewan's at the repeat of her question. Senses were heightened.

Who should I have seen?

Who did you see?

Like a chord, something just snapped inside her. Bile and tears brimmed. Her head began to shake. The cruel clawing impulse was to laugh.

"N-No one, forget it." The laugh was unnerving and so broken. Tears began to roll down her cheeks. She raised the backs of her hands to dare wipe the dampness away. Her broken laughter continued, hoarse. The slightest lift of her shirt from her torso exposed cigarette burns, scars... That was old. Over a field of bruises and fresh welts.

Curling is one herself a moment, she doubled over quickly fixing the clothing. Swiping a stubborn tear away. "You didn't see me here. Got it?" Cyrus said.

Feeling the clawing feeling of needing to run far and hard. Away from everyone and everything.

To cry. Go home.

Lose herself and go stupid at a party.

Snort whatever kinds of drugs to make herself forget.

Even just for a time.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
SERENA BLACKBOURNE
Interactions:
Avery @Adrian

She'd finally finished making her gift for Avery, the stupid thing had taken a number of failed attempts to get to this point. Even now she'd likely make another, map out her vision more clearly so the end result was better, more polished.

It was good enough for now.

She slipped the box into the pocket of her jacket as she headed out of her room, tucking her hood over her head to hide her face and to keep dry in the rain. She jogged across the grounds to Blackbourne hall, slipping through the doors as quietly as she could.

There were a few places her brother could often be found, out of all of then the library was the most likely. Avery read about as much as she played the violin. She felt so naked without her violin, maybe she'd play again later…

She made her way to the library. When she stepped inside she had to pause for a moment to take it all in. She didn't come in here nearly enough, it was easy to forget how nice this place was. She shook off her thoughts and went to find her brother.

It took her nearly ten minutes before she finally found him. "Hey," She said, being sure to make him aware of her presence so she didn't startle him.

She slid into the seat across from him.

"Looking for some...light, reading huh?" She quipped almost awkwardly, gesturing to the books.

Last edited:
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
THE STAIRWAY TO NOWHERE
Collaborative Post For:
Jasper x Joan
Joan peered through the opening, wrinkling her nose as the musty odor assaulted her senses. Then, all too sudden, a strange feeling overcame her. Something about the dilapidated narrow stairway seemed familiar, though she couldn't quite figure out why.

"Want to see where it goes?" Jasper asked.

The hair on Joan's skin rose, but a small voice in her head told her to push on. She nodded, gulping.

They began their descent. At times, the staircase would shift left or right, seemingly stretching on and on, much to their dismay. After all, they'd have to climb these steps later on. The mere thought of it exhausted them. Still, they were curious to see where it led. And curiosity made them very determined.

Joan stopped biting her nails briefly to rub some warmth into her arms.

"This is taking forever…" Her voice was shaky. "And it's so fucking cold. I bet we're underground by now."

'I think we might be, yeah," Jasper agreed, glancing briefly back up the steps. "I'm having a few doubts about this decision," he muttered.

Just then, they sighted the end of the staircase. A gasp slipped out of Joan's lips as they hurried towards it, expecting to find a door, a room… something. Instead, the landing revealed a long hallway. Unlike the stairway, there were no candles on the passage walls. Just an endless stretch of darkness loomed before them.

They stopped briefly, exchanging a look.

"I don't know about this… I'm starting to get freaked out," Joan muttered.

"We've come this far, might as well see where it leads right?" Jasper suggested, reaching for one of the many candles on the wall.

There was a pause as Joan bit her lip.

"Alright," She said finally, sighing as she cautiously took a candle for herself. "Fine. Let's go."

And so they pressed on.

The passage branched out into two paths. Ordinarily, this would have confused them, halted them in their tracks. Instead, they chose to turn left, guided by an instinct of unknown origins. They walked and walked, turning this way and that, their anxiety growing with each passing second. Would they even be able to find their way back?

Before they could lose their courage, however, they finally reached the end of their journey. There were no doors. No people. No mysterious artifacts.

There was just a wall.

"It's a fucking dead end!" Joan groaned, slamming a hand against it. And yet... it sounded hollow, shifting slightly underneath the weight of her hand.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Sanguine Faust
Interactions:

Sanguine had listened quietly as Hunter spoke -after all, there seemed to be a hierarchy in their small unknown group. A factor she was rather unhappy with. What qualifications did he even have that she was told to listen to him? It wasn't even that Sanguine herself wanted to be in charge of their clandestine operations, in fact, she would abhor that role herself and had to admit she didn't have the patience for that. It just seemed to irk her that someone she barely knew she was expected to respect to some degree! So of course, she would do the absolute opposite.

"I want you to keep an eye on the girls."

Sanguine mimicked as Hunter approached the door, a rather rebellious scowl settled upon her lips as she glared at the back of the other. Her tone had shifted with her words, drawing to a nearer match of Hunter's own - her mocking evident through the sarcastic huff that fell from her lips afterwards. "How the fuckin' hell am I supposed to know what this Dawn or Feyre bitch looks like? I literally just got to this dumb run down looking piece of crap school today."

The redhead seemed to have no limit of the curses that fell from her lips as she jumped up to her feet, only pausing to glance back at the chair she previously sat on. "Won't it be rather odd if I go around asking who the hell these people are - seriously." She grumbled, reaching out to grab the back of the chair in a rather forceful grip, tilting it back with a sigh, "This is mine now. I'm taking it."

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Elise Campbell
Interactions:
@Ghostly Boo (ash)

Elise was absolutely ecstatic! She couldn't help but tighten her grip on Ash for a moment as her grin seemed to stretch wider, though it was hidden easily by their closeness. The umbrella was plucked from her grasp but for the moment, Elise didn't really seem to mind, lost to far in her excitement to pay much attention to anything else. In fact, she was quiet, eagerly so, as she listened to him reply to her previously rambled questions. Elise never really understood how Ash didn't seem to mind her habit but it did only help deepen her feelings towards him in the end.

She could be oblivious to a lot but Elise seemed to pay more attention to Ash than others, so when the faintest of pink appeared on his cheeks, she couldn't help her grin. Pink had lightly dusted her own face, her hands reaching up to hurriedly pull her hair behind her as she nodded, "My room mates seem really nice! I met a girl called Joan today - she seemed really cool, you know? But there was an incident, sort of? I mean, I think she is scared of spiders cause we had a spider in the room - it was super cute by the way, and she tried to squash him so I tried to defend him and it turned into a whole thing!"

The blond was rather animated as she spoke, her hands moving with each word, even down to expressing the small size of the spider from earlier that she had affectionately named William. Not that she had plans to tell Joan of her naming him any time soon. Elise was just about to tell Ash of her excellent naming skills when another voice called out, prompting her silence as she shifted her attention to Mr. Greaves who approached. Waving happily from the cover of the umbrella, Elise called back to their favourite teacher.

"Hi Mr. Greaves! It was really good - I got a hold of lots of new books an-" She paused, noticing her direction before nodding, "It was really good! I'm just happy to see Ash again, I've missed him a lot." Despite her love of books, she was sure she was more excited about being back if only to be with Ash more, "How was your summer sir?"

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3

KELLEN ARMSTRONG
BACK IN BLACK - AC/DC
Interactions:
The atmosphere quickly changed after Benji's playful interjection; but truth be told, Kellen still felt uneasy about the whole thing. Maybe he'd had too much beer earlier. Whatever the case, he remained quiet as the others talked amongst themselves, only interjecting after Benji gave another guy a kiss on the cheek.

"Can you be gay somewhere else?" He'd said, though his words were lost in the excited hubbub.

Then Benji made a drunken proposition. Kellen was no stranger to Abernathy Hall and its secrets, but he hadn't told anyone about the underground tunnels… well, apart from one person.

Normally, his better judgment would tell him to keep his mouth shut, but something was different this time.

He'd definitely had too much to drink.

"I know where we can start. But don't tell anyone about it, you hear?" He pointed a finger at them in warning. If his words weren't enough to get the message across, his meaningful glare certainly did. Snitches get stitches. He nudged his head towards the door.

"Let's go."

The hallway was dim and unoccupied unlike the room he'd just come out of-- a change so abrupt that it took his eyes a while to adjust. But that didn't faze him. He walked down the hall that seemed to stretch on forever, trailing a hand on the wall and knocking against it every so often.

Last edited:
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Cordelia Armethia Nelus De Yourne

Interactions:
The boys? | Leo (@MiharuAya)

With her friends gone, Candy waited for her next target.

She waited and waited, her legs swinging back and forth out of boredom while she sat on top of a table. She wondered who her next victim will be. She hoped it's someone who's a freshman, someone who'll be scared easily. Though as the clock ticked by, she was starting to lose hope. Why is no one coming?

Candy checked the clock and slapped her forehead comically. Of course, no one was coming! Everyone must have arrived at the party already. Huffing out her stupidness and annoyance, the girl grabbed her stuffed rabbit and began her journey towards the room.

She couldn't care less about her ghostly appearance. She was already late! Besides, wouldn't it be fun to scare the guests with her sudden appearance?

It didn't take long for her to arrive at the party. People were already mingling with drinks in hand though it doesn't seem like anyone was drunk yet. "So the party just started!" She concluded to herself as she grabbed a drink, her rabbit still in tow.

She greeted a few acquaintances here in there as she walked around the place, her silver eyes glancing left and right to find someone to talk to. She was hoping Jasper and Joan would already be there though lo and behold! The two were nowhere in sight!

The girl furrowed her brows out of confusion. Where could they possibly be? Were they lost? Or exploring?

A giggle escaped her at the thought. Maybe they are exploring! Maybe investigating each other's bodies somewhere.

To be honest, Candy wouldn't be surprised if Joan and Jasper sneaked somewhere to make out. She already heard the rumors! Though it would be nice if the pair would just tell her. Aren't they friends? Ugh, maybe this is why I always feel left out. Those two always have a secret shared with each other. Ah, I'm jealous.

Shaking her head to get rid of her intrusive thoughts, Candy took a sip of her drink and looked around once again.

She soon saw Kellen though she didn't bother to approach him. After all, he was with his group of friends. She didn't want to butt in nor make them feel uncomfortable.

She knew that she's assuming things though she couldn't help it. She can still sense unfamiliarity towards them. Granted, she's friends with them but talking to them as a group? Candy feels like she's not ready for that.

But her curiosity was killing her! She wondered what they were talking about and where they're planning to frolic. As she watched the group leave the room, Candy found herself following closely behind them. Just what are they up to?

She reached for Leo's shoulder.

"Hey," she whispered out of nowhere, afraid that if she talked louder, the boys' attention would be on her. "Where are y'all going?"

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
ewan abernathy
Gnossienne no. 3
Interactions:

The paranoia and upset roiled off of Cyrus like stormy waves at the seaside and all Ewan could do was hope to stay dry. He waited for an answer to his question, one eyebrow raised expectantly until both shot up high on his forehead at the sound of her laughter. It was hollow, humorless, utterly broken and it made his stomach vaguely sick. The lack of control over the situation in which he found himself made him want to flee, but at the same time, a human part of him worried for her. What was wrong?

If he had an answer, what could he do about it?

Contemplation gave way to more discomfort as fresh tears made an addendum to Cyrus's laughter. The sight of anyone crying, even dear Lucida, had always induced a mild panic in Ewan. By nature, he wasn't comforting, he wasn't soft and it was rare that anyone wanted his shoulder to lean on in the first place. There were layers to the dysfunction between himself and Cyrus, and the ire between them made reaching out close to impossible. Not even the sight of fresh welts, red and angry across her torso, was enough to make him remove his hand from his pocket.

"Sure," he agreed coolly at her request to be invisible, forgotten. "I didn't see you." He took a languid step forward, increasing the distance between them and preparing to get back on his way. "Take care of yourself, Rus," Ewan lingered, but didn't stay.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
DAKOTA YAKAMA
Interactions:

Kota can happily say that his first instinct hadn't been to go exploring the place of their shared dream. Obviously this building couldn't be a complex maze like that of his dream, it just wasn't possible.

That didn't mean he was in any hurry to go explore it now! Though it seemed he didn't have much of a choice, not when his friends started heading out on this damned quest of theirs. He wasn't about to seem like chicken shit in front of them all.

He refused to be the first to back out, he would be the last.

He wanted his joint back, he was such a dumbass for giving it away. "Oy, give us some of that back," He said to Leo, before he could finish the whole thing off.

Last edited:
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
LEE ASHLYN CASTER
Courtyard
Interactions:
Elise: @Sanguine Fox Mr Greaves @Adrian

Ash listened as Elise spoke, smiling slightly to himself as he enjoyed her animated story. He fixed his coat as she spoke, the end of his sleeve wet from the ground, he barely noticed, his attention on the girl speaking.

He didn't get the chance to respond however. "Sir," Ash said in greeting, looking slightly disappointed that his conversation with Elise had been interrupted. That thought combined with Elise saying she missed him had his cheeks burning as he ducked his head, letting his hair hide his eyes.

"It was a good holiday but it's nice to be back," He said, a small smile returning to his face as he glanced at Elise again.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiharuAya
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
AVERY BLACKBOURNE
Interactions:
The library was mostly deserted at this hour, with Avery being one of its few remaining occupants. He usually lingered until the very last minute, so absorbed in his studies that he barely noticed the time tick away. It was so quiet here that any sound—faint or no—seemed to be magnified tenfold. Such as: approaching footsteps, the creaking of a chair, a hushed voice that uttered his name.

Avery looked up, finding himself face-to-face with his sister, who had slid into the seat next to him. At her words, he raised an eyebrow, lips quirking into an amused smile. 'Light reading', she had said, when the book before him was almost twice as thick as his arm.

What's wrong? He signed, expression growing serious. It was odd to see her in the library, especially at an hour like this. Faintly, his wrist still stung from their earlier encounter with the worms. Avery stifled a shudder at the thought.

Meanwhile, their great (great, great, and so on) grandfather sat upon the table facing them, an equally large book splayed open before him. He looked unconcerned, but then again it was hard to tell. He was a skull, after all, and skulls weren't very expressive.

Last edited:
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Leonardo Ferdinand
Interactions:
Benji @Vinn Kellen @Adrian Dakota @Ghostly Boo Candy @DANAsaur Baby @neptune

From the moment Leo first laid his eyes on Grimsworth, he felt that it would be an interesting place. Just its appearance alone caused his imagination to spin fantastical tales. Even despite the creepy rumors and stories, he still had a deep desire to wander the halls and uncover its mysteries.

The suggestion to explore Abernathy hall had instantly enraptured Leo's mind the moment it was uttered. As he eagerly agreed, his curiosity and intoxication blocked out any type of fear or apprehension one might normally feel when faced with exploring an eerie building.

When Kellen took charge, saying that he knew a good spot to start, Leo smirked mischievously. With his pointer finger and thumb pinched together, he motioned his hand in front of his lips, playfully gesturing that he would keep his lips sealed.

While they left the party, Leo followed along with the group. When he felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned to see a pretty girl. "We're going exploring," He answered, a grin pulling at his lips. "You wanna join?" With a tilt of his head, his eyes looked the girl up and down suggestively. "If we find a ghost, we can use Benji as a meat shield." Leo threw a thumb over his shoulder to point out the taller male, shooting him with a cheeky smile.

As they traveled through the halls, his heavy-lidded eyes aimlessly gazed around, listening quietly to Kellen's incessant knocking. When Dakota asked for a puff of his joint, Leo smirked. With his joint between his lips, he inhaled a deep breath, blowing the smoke into Dakota's face. "What? Need some courage?" He asked teasingly.

Once he had his fun he extended his arm, handing the other the joint. "Fine, here. But don't use it all. I want it back." After a pause, he added. "You better not have cooties." With a laugh, he continued, clearly having a great time.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
LUCIDA ABERNATHY
♪ bam, bam,
Interactions:

Dawn spun her around the room, their bodies blending with the metallic tone. The music hummed inside Luc's chest, the residual warmth lingering from the spoken words: "I love you."

Ah, how good it felt.

Gone was the sting of her cheek. The bitter taste from the meeting prior. All she could feel was the vibration of the room and the warmth of the body next to her. Dawn led her, and like sapphic lovers, the two were in a world of their own.

Except they weren't.

Through the haze, the smoke and laughter. Luc saw the lingering gaze of a red headed boy and the reddening of Dawn's cheeks. A wolfish grin plastered her face and before Dawn could twirl her again, Luc pressed her lips against hers.

As she deepened their kiss, her eyes stayed on the red head and the girl next to him.

"I'll get rid of her." She whispered into her ear.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
NIGHT TERROR
Collaborative Post For:
Hunter x Feyre
The low regard in which Hunter held his peers began to plummet with Sang's near perfect mimicry of his voice. It should have unnerved him, but outwardly the brutish male was stone-faced, his form hovering by the room's cleverly concealed exit. He didn't bother turning to look at the fiery-haired girl as she spit out a whole bunch of curse-filled nothings.

Why, oh why had she been made to accompany him?

He used to wonder that all the time about Emery. Timid and small, he hadn't - and still didn't - see any proper utilization of him aside from garnering sympathy. Besides that, what else did he offer? Wit? Charm? Intelligence? Maybe so. But Emery had yet to use any of that to their advantage, and that annoyed the hell out of Hunter. But at least the boy had something to use.

Hunter didn't see anything rattling around in Sang's head besides blind stupidity. So he answered in the simplest way he knew how.

"Tell you what. Don't like it? Then go back to the fucking forest and rot. Or I'll take your ass there myself."

He didn't stick around to hear her answer. Frankly, he didn't care. With a scoff, Hunter opened the secret door behind the desk and propelled himself up and through it.

"Those are your options. I'll know soon enough which one you chose."

And with that, he made his way through, eventually reaching the entrance hidden behind the portrait in Abernathy Hall. With a nudge of his foot, the painting creaked open, and he made his descent onto the hardwood floors.

Somebody gasped.

There were retreating footsteps, and in the dimness a girl could be discerned. Her expression was one of alarm, though it quickly turned into recognition, then confusion.

"Hunter?"

It was Feyre.

Her brows knitted together, eyes shifting between the boy and the hole he had just emerged from. But it wasn't long until Feyre's form relaxed. After all, Hunter was a good friend of hers.

"Well, I never thought I'd see you climb out of the back of a portrait," she huffed out a laugh, yet despite herself the girl shivered. "That's so strange. What's over there? Some kind of hidden room?"

There was a pregnant pause. Hunter was frozen in place, and his stare was as hollow as it was fixed. His mouth opened to say something...then closed.

No. No. No.

This wasn't how he had wanted to start things. Even if she was a target, holy shit. He'd thought there'd be more time to gather information. To plant seeds, so to speak, and watch them grow. But now Feyre stood where she wasn't supposed to be, seeing things she wasn't supposed to see, and he found himself unprepared for the coldness that washed over him. Because he knew what had to be done.

But he had no choice, right? She had seen the room. She had seen him come out of the orphans' inner sanctum. The girl would talk; they always talked.

"It's a secret room. Got a party going in there."

Every word was stilted, forced from his tongue by an engineered mission. His face twisted as he thumbed behind him towards the ajar portrait.

"Wanna take a look?"

But it was too quiet for a party. Feyre shook her head and stepped away, sensing an incongruence in Hunter's words. Gone was the warmth in her expression. Now it held fear. Uncertainty. Suspicion.

Her eyes didn't leave him as she continued to back away, one hand fisted against her chest as she slowly reached for her necklace.

"No, it's alright." Feyre faltered. Her voice sounded like a child's compared to his. "I think I'll go. I have somewhere else I need to be."

Clever girl.

Hunter would have done the same in her shoes. He could see himself reflected in her doe-like eyes: a hulking figure draped in shadows. Was there evil lurking in those blackened pits, a deep malice that struck one to the bone like an ice pick? His hands clenched and unclenched at his sides. Hesitation ate away at his insides. It was deja vú; the situation mirrored another, and his insides twisted as he remembered the screams, the fear marring one's face.

He had no choice.

The divide between them was crossed in two long strides. Without a word, Hunter grabbed hold of her right arm and wrenched her back, pinning her to him with one massive arm. His free hand clamped over her mouth.

"Quiet."

She really should have run.

Feyre struggled against his tight grasp, but it was useless. Hunter was stronger than her, bigger than her. Any tighter and he might just crush her lungs. Tears pooled in the corners of her eyes, but her other hand still rested firmly against her chest, the tip of her thumb and forefinger just brushing against the pendant hanging from her necklace.

Suddenly, a sharp, high-pitched sound pierced the silence.

"What the hell?"

The quarterback's head swiveled sharply, his eyes growing bright and the alert in the gloom. The noise was akin to a piercing, shrieking whistle, and Hunter winced as it scraped at his ears. Roughly, he shook his head.

"What is that? What did you do?" Hunter barked at Feyre - to what end, he did not know. The poor girl was still silenced by his hand, and he made a frustrated noise, his eyes scanning her person quickly. The alarm was coming from her...but from where?

And then he found it. Clutched in her hand against her chest like a talisman.

The goddamn pendant.

He ripped it from her fingers with ease. The metal dug into his skin as he closed his hand around it and squeezed as hard as he could. Cracking noises petered through the spaces between his fingers, and then after a pronounced pomp! his fingers slowly uncurled, revealing a crushed and broken necklace. As quickly as the siren had sounded, it was gone.

And so, too, were they. Hunter and his bound quarry disappeared within the portrait's contents, back to the meeting room. When he re-entered, he released Feyre unceremoniously onto the floor, and his voice cut through the tense silence he had left like a knife.

"You wanted to know who Feyre was? Well here she is."

The vitriol in his voice towards Sang was uncalled for, and he knew it. The self-hatred he felt in that moment was beginning to leak into every aspect of his being, and it spilled into his words, his stance, his look.

"Change of plans. It's time you got your hands dirty, new blood. Fucking you too, Emery," Hunter hissed, turning his lead-filled gaze towards his brother. "Forget waiting around for information. We'll start with some decisive action now."

He smiled coldly.

"Take her where it all began. To the forest."

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Cyrus Grey
Gris OST - by berlinist
Interactions:
EWAN @neptune | party people
"Ye-eah," Cyrus didn't even consider what taking care of herself at that point would look like. "You too, Ewan." Her voice was hollow and empty when she made motion to leave. Heading towards the chaos and best chance to find something. To forget.

She used the halls to her best abilities to avoid everyone else. Looking around at the crowd at the party. Cyrus didn't hesitate to swipe a beer from the drinks table. Finding a brownie at one of the food tables, she tucked it away quickly in her mouth.

Those were the best pot brownies she could get her hands on... It just so happened that she left last year that one sophomore had talent, for making them. The chocolate melted away on the tip of her tongue.

Chocolate and beer hadn't been the nicest mix. It needed something else. Something to take the edge off.

Rus scoped out the room and found her regular dealer. Promising an: I Owe You. For the little bag of powder which she used a shard of a broken bottle to chop finely. Rolling up a piece of scarp she found lying about. She took the line long and hard.

Her nose burnt and everything stung for a long moment. The cotton nose was the infuriating feeling. She didn't even think about clearing away the eye powder from her nose. Or the smear of blood that trailed down to her lip.

There she sat and she drank.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
SERENA BLACKBOURNE
Interactions:
Avery @Adrian

Of all the Blackbourne siblings, Serena was the one who read the least. Libraries were too quiet and still for her liking, she'd rather music and activity.

"I have something for you," She said, pulling a small box from her pocket and placing it in front of him. "I finally finished it. " He didn't know this had been the result of many failed attempts.

She flaked a brief look at their oldest ancestor, his presence often making her feel uncomfortable. His existence could be hard to wrap her mind around at times, even with years of his presence.

"It's so you can speak," She explained. Inside the box was the device she'd made for him, with a keyboard and a speaker that ran down either side of it. It was simple and quite straightforward to look at.

Reactions: Ardent
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Let's Get This Party Started Part II
Collaborative Post For:
Ivy x Calista

Calista was a couple of shots in. Ready with her next. Cocaine powder had been lazily smudged away from her right nostril. Everything was beginning to take a whirling effect. Starting with the climb of her pulse. Which by all means, felt like it was following the beat and rhythm of the drugs…

It really wasn't. But the girl was vibing and getting hooked on those tunes.

Whatever she'd been drinking was cheap and nasty crap. But, that's what she was used to at the gatherings her parents hosted on break. Decked out convee-van and the mad ride started with whatever concoction of drugs one could find.

If you weren't a part of the mile high club.

You sorely missed out. That was her parent's motto at least.

Sweat made the glitter of her makeup glisten. A scale-like sheen. Body swagging in a lucid manner. Bottle of liver and kidney poison in her grasp. Slowly being raised to her lips. Drugs hazed her vision.

Calista Shaw felt fucking invinisable.

A show stopping amount of confidence. Mixed with an uncomfortable dry mouth that was easily cured by her next shot. Which was taken back with a nasty shake of her head. Swallowing and coughing.

"That shit is rancid," she told Ivy.

"Oh really? You've been downing them like candies," She replied with amusement in her tone as she watched the other girl ride out on her newest high. "I was beginning to think otherwise."

"I've been taking drinks like this since the children's panadol days," Calista lazily waved her hand. The one which held the shot glass. She couldn't waste the precious liquid courage that tasted like some sort of cleaning agent. "Mind you… I've gotten high on that too. And children's cold and flu syrup. Chug it and you get high on speed." She offered the tip like it was something helpful. A cure for the common cold.

Not something that would entirely fuck one's self up.

"Babe, you're crazy," She stated with a shake of her head and a quiet chuckle.

"Speaking of crazy," Ivy continued, crossing her feet at the ankles as she leaned into the wall. She gestured her hand towards the hot mess that had just joined the party. "Your little friend looks like she's had a crazy night, just look at that hair."

"...You love it," The blue haired girl commented. She combed her fingers through her hand, after discarding the shot glass. Mocking offence at the notion of her sanity.

It wasn't glass. It'll be okay…

Though at Ivy's direction she turned to look at Cyrus. "Not just the hair, she's missing buttons all over her blouse. It's mismatched." Cali cocked a brow.

"I doubt the crazy night. The guy she likes… He's as fun as melted ice-cream. Total virgin." Calista dismissed.

Ivy snorted. "Hate to break it to you but there are plenty of other available guys to take a nice tumble with." She gave a small shrug. "Maybe she needed to vent some frustrations. A girl has needs."

"Last I heard she was saving herself," Calista remarked. Taking a swig from the bottle this time. "I'm aware of the available guys…" She drawled, rolling her eyes at the topic of boys.

"I also understand what it's like to wish someone would look at you though…" That felt oddly sentimental for her to say. It made Cali sigh a little.

"Looks like everyone's catching the feelings," Ivy muttered, making a face. "They just make things complicated."

"I know they do," the other girl agreed with a disdainful groan. "Not like Hunter is emotionally available. It's pretty pathetic that I'd just be happy being one of those girls. Get fucked and thrown away." Calista was annoyed at herself for even feeling that way. Annoyed, because that is truly the level she'd fallen for him.

He could walk right over her and she'd let him. To an extent.

The alcohol made her add other dramatics.

Dramatics about what she thought about often.

"Got any recommendations on who looks like a good bed partner for the year?" Cali asked, referring to the prior comment Ivy made.

All girls needed to vent their frustrations… Calista thought in agreement.

What was more fun than getting off on drugs? Getting off on another person.

"A few just left." Something she still found vaguely interesting. "Trying to forget your mountain?" She asked, eyes sparkling with humour as she took a sip of her beer. "Haven't managed to climb that one, hmm?"

Calista took a swig of that spirits bottle she stole and rolled her eyes at the joke. At her expense. "Honey, I'll like Everest before I climb him." It felt that way, at least.

People thought she was the hoe that got around. Really, all she had was a girlfriend and a brief sexual encounter after. Since then, nothing.

She thought about one guy—who she wasn't sure thought of her. Not likely.

There were plenty of peroxide blondes there to rock his world.

"So, yeah. Trying to forget," she sighed. Defeated.

Ivy gave her a pat on the shoulder, not able to think up any good quips to lighten the mood. "I'm sure things will work out how they're supposed to."

She dumped her beer into the trash can, her buzz gone. "I think I'm done for tonight, good luck on your prowl however," She said with a wink, heading out.

"You going to find a pogo stick to jump on?" Calista quipped. Holding the bottle of straight spirits in her hand. Leaning in pressing her cheek to Ivy's mocking a kiss sound. "Enjoy," she mused.

Then mocking a salute of her drink. Trailing off elsewhere to enjoy the festivities. Swaying with the music as a collective.

Last edited: