CAST | LORE | IC

Last edited:
Reactions: MiharuAya
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
A DOOR OPENS
GM Post - Event
FREDDY'S COMING FOR YOU - STEVE JABLONSKY
Escape.

It seemed a distant hope before, but now it materialized before them: a two-dimensional portal that should not, in any way, exist. It broke all the laws of physics, but it was simultaneously the only slice of reality in this land of dreams. One could see the familiar hallways of Abernathy Hall on the other side⁠—just as dark, just as melancholic⁠—and yet it was a welcome relief after all this madness.

What was another impossible thing after a whole slew of them?

But with every second wasted in this hellscape, the opening would get smaller and smaller, slowly shrinking back into nothingness.

They must reach the door before it's too late.

@DANAsaur @Ghostly Boo @MiharuAya @neptune @Vinn

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Cold Hearts in the Dark
Collaborative Post For:
Hunter x Emery

Emery's feet moved on their own, one hasty step after another as he dashed through the moonlit forest. Each step carried him over. The pace he kept was uncharacteristically quick for his unathletic body. Yet, he pushed himself to his upper limit even despite his shaking legs. He didn't know where he was going. Only that he had to run. He had to get far away from that forest, and all reminders of what he did. It was his sole comprehensible thought, the only thing keeping him from completely breaking down. His mind was a mess of jumbled thoughts, all interrupting each other and leading into the next.

When he made it back to the tunnels, he sprinted through the corridor as fast as his legs would carry him. The hallway was dark, nearly pitch black now without the lighter, and tears blurred his already poor vision. A loose rock caught the tip of his foot. His momentum sent him flying forward, his arms flailed in front of him as he gasped. He fell face-first into the floor landing with a sickly thud onto his hands and knees. As small rocks dug into his hands, the rough floor ripped through his jeans and rubbed his skin raw. The pain that radiated throughout his body made him whimper, his pathetic sobs growing louder as his body collapsed fully onto the ground.

While he laid on the floor, he could feel its coolness through his thin clothes. The darkness began to envelop him, casting a dim shadow over his mind. "Were these the last sensations that Feyre felt before she died?" He wondered, his chest tightening. The thought that someone like Feyre, who had never done anything wrong to Emery, spending their final moments in the dirt, cold and afraid, was just too much for him to bear. His stomach churned, his body starting to heave as he felt the taste of bile in the back of his throat. A sudden convulsion sent the liquid spilling out of his mouth. If anyone were to see him like this, he would be ashamed at how pitiful he looked.

As he continued to blubber on the ground, aching in pain and wallowing, fatalistic thoughts started swirling in his mind. "I hate this...I don't want to do this anymore...I wish I could just disappear." The idea was tempting. He could just leave all his troubles and the cruelties he's faced behind, and finally, feel some sort of peace. But, in the end, he knew he didn't deserve something so pleasant. Moreso, as easy as it would be to throw everything away, he just couldn't do that to Hunter.

The urge to seek out his brother emerged again. Even though he knew it was probably useless, he was in desperate need of some comfort. And Hunter was the only one who would understand. With a groan, Emery pushed himself up using the wall for balance. His knees wobbled, pangs of pain shooting up his legs. With a deep breath, he continued through the rest of the tunnel.

When he finally surfaced back inside, he was relieved that the hallways were empty. Even with the dim lights, he looked a mess. With dirt covering his clothes, his wavy hair stuck out in every which way. His face was ghostly pale, though his eyes reddened with tears. Emery remembered that Hunter had mentioned attending the party in Abernathy after their meeting. With that thought, he went to search for him.

Fortune favored him.

Hunter didn't so much as stick out as he did dominate the hall. He was the lone figure headed towards the dregs of the party, and his passing form chased away the light, the shadows crowding in hungrily in his wake.

The footsteps behind him made the quarterback turn minutely, then fully as the sniffles reached his ears.

With every step, the feeling of utter despair emerged from the darkest corners of his mind and swallowed him whole. He was drowning in his guilt and regret, sinking deeper into the murky water.

When he finally spotted Hunter, it was like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. He was Emery's only lifeboat, and he needed someone to save him. As his trembling lips parted, he tried to call out to him, but his throat was sore from his cries and his voice got caught.

Emery had always been good at finding weaknesses where Hunter had thought they'd had none. The tear-streaked face that greeted him made Hunter's eyes darken in the shadows, a cold, unyielding black.

He wasn't in the mood for this shit.

"What?" Hunter asked angrily. "What do you want?"

The darkness in his brother's eyes caused him to flinch. His dirty hands raised to his chest as if subconsciously protecting himself. With watery eyes shimmering in the dim light, he tried to speak again. "I...Hunter, I-..." He could bring himself to say the words, to admit the evil things that he did. "The forest-... Feyre, she…" was all he could get out before he broke into a violent sob.

"She what? She what?"

But he already knew. Hunter wanted to drown out the screams in his head, the desperate pleading of victims long past brought forth to the sickening trees by his own hands. He asked twice like the answer was going to change as if somehow the irreparable damage he had wrought would not occur from Emery. Who the hell was he kidding?

Emery coped with tears. Hunter didn't cope at all. Because monsters didn't cope.

All his emotions rose to the surface in one big wave, and Hunter looked away.

"You know what? Nevermind. Just go to your room before someone sees you," Hunter snapped. "Seriously. Always goddamn crying."

Although Emery wasn't expecting much form of sympathy from his brother, after all, Hunter wasn't known to be the most empathetic person. However, as the other lashed out with exasperation and an irritated look, it utterly crushed the youth. It was as if a knife had been plunged into his chest, completely shattering his last pieces of hope.

A desperate pleading expression twisted his face, "But-... Hunter, please..." Emery whimpered. "I'm scared...I keep hearing her-" He choked back a sob, unable to describe the horrific sounds of Feyre's screams. "I don't want to be alone." Every time he blinked, images from the forest flashed inside his mind. The thought of being alone with his thoughts was something he didn't know if he had the strength to overcome.

The rise of Hunter's emotions reached the summit, and his temper snapped like a bowstring.

"Shut up!" Hunter roared, whirling on Emery with his eyes ablaze. "Shut the hell up! Why can't you be strong for once in your fucking life?"

The words stung worse than any act of violence ever could. Emery's emotions bubbled up inside him, catching in his throat. With his stomach churning, he almost thought he might vomit again.

As he vainly wiped his overflowing tears, he shouted louder than he thought he could. "I'm sorry!" A sob broke through his trembling lips. "I'm sorry I'm not like you…" The words would have almost been sarcastic if they weren't filled with so much anguish. "What's so wrong about me anyways? I'm your brother, why can't you show some compassion?" Emery grumbled, his brows knitting together as he peered up with a daring expression.

"Brother?"

It came bubbling up: the self-hatred. The loathing. What was compassion, anyways? Yet another disparity between the two.

"You're not my brother. You're a mistake."

Why was he saying this?

"If you had any ounce of me, you'd be able to handle this like a man. Alone. No one ever helped me."

That wasn't true. Emery had been there at times, but Hunter had unintentionally pushed him away, wanting to keep him far, far away from...everything. The realization still did not stop the cutting words from escaping his lips.

"If you don't like it, then why don't you join Feyre?"

After everything that had happened tonight, Hunter's denial of brotherhood was the most painful. Hunter was all he had in his unnatural life, the only one who could truly understand him. The thought of being utterly alone was terrifying. It was the final blow before his composure came crumbling down around him. The resolve to remain strong despite everything, quickly vanished.

The night had worn him down and broke him.

"How could you say that?" Emery shouted back, heartbreak hiding behind his anger. The words were particularly painful, as they had been secret insecurities that he had thought too. A fire ignited inside of him, one that he had never felt before. It raged out of control in his chest, and he was unable to contain it.

"I hate you!" His hand rose, and in a flash, his palm struck Hunter across the cheek with all the strength he could muster. Emery huffed, his blood boiling while his eyes overflowed with tears. "If that's how you feel...then maybe I will join Feyre…" His voice was lower and filled with despair.

A shadow passed over Emery's distraught features. Large, dark, and terrifying, Hunter loomed over Emery, his fist hanging over the boy's delicate face. It shook; this monstrous weapon of his quaked as it froze in the air, unable for whatever reason to connect with its target. Hunter's face was another matter entirely.

Still as a statue. Rage had never marked the boy so profoundly as it did in his sculptured expression. And yet his eyes...his eyes were -

It felt like being hit by a battering ram. Hunter's hand flattened and he slammed it against Emery's smaller chest, shoving him back hard. His face had become cloaked in shadows once more, and he turned away, away from his brothers and his tears and his words.

"I hate you!"

"Touch me again and I'll kill you."

Everything was too much. The emotions swirling inside of him were intense, making it hard for him to breathe. All the hope he had come searching for in Hunter, was crushed with the hateful words spat back to him. With a pathetic whimper, Emery turned and ran back down the hallway.

Hollow eyes followed him.
After a moment of silence, Hunter stepped away, his back meshing with the walls of the hallway. Sane, coherent thoughts eluded him. He was numb. His vision was clouded; he raised a hand to his eyes to wipe them clean, blinking a bit at the back of his fingers.

They were wet.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Sanguine Faust
Interactions:

Despite all the prior burning fury at Hunter, a factor that had kept a rather unpleasant scowl upon her features, Sanguine was left aghast. Time had seemed to slow with the loud scream that pierced what was once a rather chilling silence. What was over relatively quickly, seemed to drag on in echoes that made Sanguine question what she was hearing. Was she mimicking it? Was it just an echo or her mind deciding to focus on each second of it? It took a minute for the redhead to realise she was alone as she shut her jaw tightly.

Emery had gone, her attention was enough to notice that he was upset, just not enough to drag her from the last moments of Feyre. A huff parted from her lips, fingers winding through knotted red locks to shove them rather harshly from her face. She wasn't sure if she felt bad for Emery or just confusion - this was their goal, was it not? This was what they would have to do and a sight they would see on repeat despite cruel lingering images it left. Sanguine glanced back to the direction Feyre was last visible to them, then back to the way Emery left.

"At least, its a start right? One down..."

It was unknown whether her words were mumbled to the accompanying silence of the woods or herself but confusion was buried deeply beneath the words, a barely noticeable wobble of her tone. Sanguine had no affection or feeling of loss to the girl - she was no one but a stranger to Sanguine and she couldn't muster up as much guilt as Emery seemed to. Irritated by her confusion, Sanguine couldn't help the grumble that rumbled from her chest as her expression hardened. She didn't want to think to much about this, especially with that aggravating weight it seemed to place upon her chest that was an unknown experience for her.

Her boots harshly trampled upon the fallen leaves of the woods as she turned to leave with a rather slow stride. Sanguine couldn't help but pull the stick of gum that had previously been shoved into her pocket and put it in her mouth to chew, the comforting motion silencing some of the distress that had built. For now, Sanguine dismissed it all - she would try to talk to Emery in future to understand his reaction, she supposed. Idly, fingers scratched at the skin of her neck, feeling muscles move with each chew and pull of her jaw. Now a little more focused, Sanguine was already planning.

Eerily, a familiar voice fell from her lips as she moved them slowly, her attention fully focused on the shift of her lips, then jaw, then the movement of her throat against her fingers, "You're making a mistake." Feyre's voice, only more drawn out, escaped her lips, "I can give you whatever you want-". It happened again, Sanguine testing the waters as her voice had changed from her own. It was always a weird sensation to experience - a feeling of tension settling beneath her fingers that would last until her own rather rough voice returned.

"What did you just say?" Her mimicry repeated, her familiarity growing further with the adjustment that began to occur. The words, though only repeats, were easier as she spoke them. Sanguine pulled out a small notepad from her back pocket, followed by a pencil as she jotted down the phrases,

"No!"

As the redhead left the woods, it was with the haunting echo of a girls pleading words following her to swallow the silence. A voice that wouldn't be spoken from its origins lips ever again.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
THE DOORWAY TO SOMEWHERE
Collaborative Post For:
Jasper X Joan

"We've gotta get out of here," Jasper said, pushing himself up from the ground.

But there was no way out. Wherever they went, only more fog came to greet them. Thick, impenetrable, endless fog. They'd been going around in circles. It was like one of those nightmares where one loses all agency, stuck in a wheel, never going anywhere no matter how fast you run.

Except this wasn't just a nightmare.

"Joan?"

"Huh?" Joan blinked in Jasper's direction from her place at the base of the tree, as if she'd just remembered he was there. They had spent a few moments resting here after what seemed like ages of searching, but it didn't help at all. If anything, Joan felt more exhausted. Every part of her body ached in protest as she forced herself to her feet.

"Can you see a way out?" Jasper asked.

Joan let out a long sigh.

"What do you think, Jasper."

The line was delivered cold and cutting, but at the moment, Joan felt it was well-deserved. Stupid Jasper and his stupid questions. Exhaustion weighed upon her body, darkness encroached upon her mind. And who was to blame for all this?

"I knew we shouldn't have come here. I knew it. This is all your fucking fault."

"My fault?" Jasper said in outrage. "I didn't fucking drag you down here, you could have turned back at any time. But no, it's all my fault."

"Yeah, remember what you said? 'We've come this far, might as well see where it leads'? Well, we've seen where it leads, and it's fucking terrible. And who had the brilliant idea to go "exploring" anyway?" Joan's eyes stung. Every time she got angry, it made her want to cry.

"Oh fuck off—"

Jasper stopped abruptly, eyes trained on something behind her.

He had a split second of hope that maybe someone had come looking for them and could lead them back to the dorms, but that small flicker of hope died as soon as their form became clearer. Jasper wasn't sure exactly what it was about them that sent chills down his spine. At first glance he'd thought they were a teacher or student but when he looked again, the way they watched them wasn't natural.

Jasper grabbed Joan's arm, pulling her towards him, eyes glued to the hooded figure.

Between one blink and the next the figure went from standing across the clearing to standing barely a foot from them. Soulless eyes stared right into Jasper's, daring him to look away and leave an opening.

His fingers briefly tightened around Joan's arm as he hissed "Run," and pushed her away, ready to tackle the piece of shit to buy her some time.

Of course, the glint of a blade being drawn made him hesitate.

Joan didn't waste any time and ran without looking back. But then something in the distance caused her to slow down to a stop. It was as if her mind was playing tricks on her. The object in the distance was rectangular in shape, like that of a door—a strange, two-dimensional thing that had materialized out of thin air. She could see the achingly familiar hallways of Grimsworth on the other side, just within reach.

But what about Jasper?

Her eyes darted between the door and her friend, hesitating. Finally, she let out a string of curses, barreling towards the hulking man that had cornered Jasper near the tree. As their figures drew closer, she pressed her eyes shut.

The breath knocked from Jasper when suddenly Joan came crashing into him, breaking through the person as if they were nothing more than a bubble of smoke.

He gaped at the empty place where a threat had been standing just seconds earlier, too shocked to formulate a single word of thanks, even after Joan led the way out of that hell hole and back into Abernathy.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Beliefs and Illusions
Collaborative Post For:
Candy x Baby

All Candy could hear were white noises. It kept ringing in her ears while she stared at the wolf, her eyes trained to her nightmare. She cannot hear nor comprehend what was happening around her. Until Baby yelled at her to go.

Her pulse quickened. Her eyes wide. How can Baby sacrifice himself for her sake? How can he decide something so fast?

How can he throw away his life for others so easily?

She had fractions of a second to decide what to do. A choice between life or death.

And Candy chose life. Both of their lives.

She should be happy that a knight presented itself yet she couldn't bear the guilt of someone dying for her. Besides, her father taught her better. Never let a man finish your own battle.

I'll eventually die anyway so at least better die trying.

There was no reluctance in her movements as she moved. Albeit afraid, Candy grabbed Baby's hand and dragged her with him. "Not without you. Now-,"

"-RUN, BITCH!" It was a slip of a tongue yet Candy was too busy thinking about their survival.

The wolf bristled, its legs scrabbling against the earth as it chased after them.

Making noise at it didn't seem to do the trick, and Baby was beginning to think that his years of scouting were for shit. "Candy," he whispered, ready to tell her to get going and save herself, but she had her own ideas. In a game of I'll-save-you tag, she took his hand and dragged him onward. Baby didn't have to be told twice, under different circumstances, her prodding would have made him laugh.

They took off together with the wolf in pursuit. It was much different than a track meet, but Baby's legs didn't know the difference; he ran as fast as he could, quickly ending up in front of Candy and dragging her along. He could hear the wolf behind them, the snapping of its jaws as it tried to bite at their heels. The air continued to cool and frost, and Baby didn't realize it at first, but his lungs were burning with the cold.

Fear was a powerful thing and it managed to break his stride. Baby tripped over a gnarly root and sent himself flying forward, landing face-down in the dirt at the foot of a tree where the rough bark had skinned a fresh wound under his chin.

"Candy!" He scrambled to his feet, his breath visible in the night, "I don't think it's gone…"

The wolf was somewhere among the trees, stalking, waiting. "I'm not letting us die out here."

Looking back to see Baby sprawled on the floor, Candy quickly made her way towards him. She was thankful that he was only a few steps behind though as she walked closer, why does it feel difficult to breathe? Cold wind nipped at her cheeks with each stride.

"Come on!" Candy reached out a hand to help him up though as she pulled him, she slipped.

"What the fuck?!" There was ice on the floor! Baffled, Candy gaped and looked at her companion. She wanted to ask where it came from though she knew it would be foolish to do so. Logic didn't work here as soon as they stepped foot on this wretched place.

Candy stumbled and staggered, awkward and trying to find a trick to walk on ice. She felt like a newborn calf trying to take its first steps! She was getting frustrated! And angry! They can't die here.

A lump rose in her throat as she felt fat tears on her cheeks. "I'm not letting us die here either! So move, dammit! The wolf might catch up at any moment."

Speak of the devil.

Candy watched the wolf stalk around them in circles, its jaw snapping and threatening to take a bite. Like a mother hen protecting their chick, Candy moved her body to hide Baby behind her. There was no way out. They were trapped. Stuck on ice.

Shit. She can't let both of them die. She needs to think of something fast.

Candy looked around, her eyes finding the wolf. It snarled and growled every time she moved. She might have gone crazy but Candy felt like the wolf's prey was her. Not Baby.

She moved her arm to test her theory and immediately, the wolf's eyes followed hers.

"Baby," she called out to her friend in a whisper. "Once I give the signal, run. Run and never look back, okay?"

She knew she was being foolish but there was no time. The longer they stay, the less chance they'll find the others.

One of them must survive.

"Now!" Candy screamed as she slid towards the wolf, ready to be mauled.

The wolf lunged.

Candy waits for the wolf to bite her head clean off yet nothing happened.

A second passed. And then two. Candy finally had the courage to open her eyes to see...nothing. It took her a few quick heartbeats to realize that the wolf vanished out of thin air.

"It's a trick." She huffed in disbelief. The fear was gone, like a flame that's been snuffed out. Wide eyed and almost on the brink of insanity, the girl looked at her friend and started laughing hysterically. "Oh my god, its a fucking trick! I can't believe we fell for it!"

Tears continued to stream down her face while her shoulder shook.

They were alive.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Never-ending Nightmare
Collaborative Post For:
Kellen x Leo

The invisible voices danced around him in the darkness, their uncannily cheerful tone filling him with a sense of dread. As they surrounded him, the taunts and laughter grew closer. Even as he tried to block it out, their voices seemed to penetrate straight to his mind. It was unbearable.

A sudden slap against his cheek caused him to yelp, his tearful eyes flashing open to see Kellen standing over him. "No! Leave me alone!" He shouted, falling back onto his butt and scouting away.

While Leo peered up at the other, the hateful words still echoed in his mind. His eyes were locked onto Kellen, brows furrowed into a scowl. Yet, his eyes swirled with deep anguish. The anger that he felt inside of him was drowned out by the devastating blow to his psyche. Although he wasn't injured physically, his chest still felt painful pangs.

The disembodied voices were growing louder.

"Get the fuck up!" With each word, Kellen yanked at Leo's arm. "Do you want to fucking die?"

The incessant tugging on his arm was enough force to pull Leo to his knees. But he remained reluctant, his body slacking to become heavy with dead weight. Even with his eyes closed, he was sure that the man in front of him was trying to do him harm.

A part of Kellen wanted to make a run for it: leave blondie behind if it meant saving his own skin. It would be so easy to turn away.

He could feel those shadowy figures staring at him, just biding their time in the fog.

"Come on, man," he pleaded. "Come on."

The desperation in Kellens voice was a stark difference from the other sinister voices echoing around them. Leo's eyes hesitantly opened, peeking up at Kellen with a look of confusion. Just a moment ago, Kellen had been speaking such hateful words. But now he was concerned for his safety? The whiplash was so contradictory, he didn't know what to think.

It seemed as if darkness started to encroach on the pair, shadows dancing around as tendrils reached towards them. The air became heavy, as a feeling of danger washed over him. As Leo glanced around warily, he was unsure what to do.

Out of the corner of his vision, he noticed movement. When his gaze flickered back to Kellen, his heart nearly stopped. A looming figure, identical to Kellen, stood over the teen's shoulder. Its face was twisted into a demonic smile, inhumanly wide and bearing a mouthful of sharp fangs. The figure's eyes were wide, with a wild expression that sent a shiver down Leo's spine. The teen's face flashed with horror, his breaths catching in his throat.

The figure's hands lifted slowly, its odd movements twitchy with crooked fingers, reaching for Kellen's neck. The paralyzing fear seemed to vanish as he shouted, "Wait! Look out!" In a flash Leo yanked on Kellen's arm with all his strength, pulling the other to the ground with him. It suddenly occurred to Leo that perhaps this was the true Kellen.

As soon as Kellen collapsed on top of Leo, he scrambled to his feet, wanting to get away from the latest horrible thing their minds had conjured. He didn't look back. Instead, he hauled Leo to his feet, screaming at him to "Run, run, run!"

The cacophony of demonic laughter grew louder, piercing Leo's ears with its intense sound. It was hard to think through the mind-numbing noise, but as he felt himself being pulled along his feet moved on instinct.

Something materialized in front of them, just barely visible through the fog. A window to Abernathy Hall. Escape. Or was it just a mirage?

"There!" Leo shouted, pointing with his free hand at the strange image. It was an unexplainable sight. It could even be another delusion. But, it was their only hope.

While the dim light of Abernathy hall shone through the fog, the sinister visions of their friends began to appear around them. Each wore a crooked grin, with lifeless black eyes. As the boys dashed towards the unknown window, the fires reached for them with gangly arms as they ran past.

When they finally reached the mirage, they ran straight in.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
TIMESKIP

Date: Saturday, September 9th
Time: 11:30 (Half an hour until lunch)
Weather: Cloudy
Temperature: Cool​

A week has passed, but the events of last week are still heavy on everyone's minds.

Feyre Abernathy has reportedly fallen "ill", or at least, that's what the Founding Families have been saying to excuse her absence. But some are unconvinced, and rumors are spreading fast. Word is, Feyre has gone missing, and the Founding Families are trying to cover it up. The only question is: why? And what had truly become of Feyre?

Meanwhile, the Outsiders are struggling with a quandary of their own. Last week, they escaped the horrors of the tunnels mostly unharmed, although a teacher did catch them wandering in the hallways not long after. It was a stroke of luck that Mr. Greaves let them off with only a warning.

But that was not the end of all their nightmares. Every night, without fail, the tunnels would continue to haunt their dreams. But there was something else. The statue in the courtyard would also make a frequent appearance.

Something is calling them back to that strange place.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
ZEKE FLORENCE
BAD - ROYAL DELUXE
Interactions:
dawn venture @neptune
It was an impossibly dull day—not that it entirely meant originality to the campus of Grimsworth. The dull tones were purely dulcet to the likes of Zeke Florence. Shrouds of mystery and secrets was the way his family worked.

Since the party, everything had been rather dull and without event. Which proved furthermore the annoyance. When his certain little pet had apparently been avoiding him. Grey wouldn't have far to run in these halls. It was a thought: that made the cruellest of smiles curl at the corner of his lips. Turning the page of the draft issue of the present copy of the Newspaper. Or the basic outline for the piece would hold.

"Dawn, what are you working on for this issue again? Surely its something worthwhile?" Zeke drawled only offering to extend his focus a small portion. To the rather pathetic mess of a Venture.

In truth—Zeke didn't know this girl intimately. Didn't know anything about her or cared to know. The only other Founding child he held an interest in was that of his twisted lover. Even then—it was when it suited him that she was considered. "The blue-haired slut is down on the field getting the news on the baseball field. I expect she'd be back here with a clinical disease by lunchtime." He tossed the mock draft on one of the various desks. Straightening his back to a firm posture.

"Surely, you can do the same for the paper?" He smirked. "Maybe—you could write a story about messing with sad little boys. Who thinks they have a chance?" He retorted. Recalling some of the ideal gossips he'd overheard regarding the party.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Leonardo Ferdinand
Interactions:
Cyrus @Bubs

As the powerful aroma of chlorine wafted through the air, it stung the inner nostrils. The sounds of water splashing and harsh whistling filled the open space, echoing off the walls in a cacophony of noise. While most were practicing their dives or strokes, Leo sat near the side of the pool with his feet casually dangling in the water.

The straw of his juice box hung on his lips that twisted into an amorous smirk. His eyes were trained on his swimsuit-clad teammates, admiring their athletic figures. "Whoo! Looking good Jason!!" He cheered for one of the swimmers, who he happened to find quite attractive.

With Benji busy with something else today, Leo was able to laze around and enjoy the show without being heckled. This was the main reason he signed up for swimming in the first place. That, and that he looked great in a speedo.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
DAWN VENTURE
Interactions:
Zeke @Bubs

A burning pain had taken residence in Dawn's chest ever since she'd attended that party in Abernathy Hall. That night, after seeing Richie, speaking to him for the first time in months, and formally saying goodbye, she'd run from the party and out into the Grimsworth grounds. Drunk, she'd spilled her guts beneath the lonely tree and spiraled into a violent self-loathing until daybreak, where the rising sun washed away her sins. It was a new day, though a week later, she was still sporting the evidence of her own pain.

The school newspaper had once been Dawn's crowning achievement. It was an excuse to give her unsolicited opinion, and set the tone for the week: what Grimsworth cared about was made or broken in her editing room. The classroom used for the club was familiar, but today—another dull, cloudy one in Grimsby—it felt entirely foreign. Somehow, this was no longer her domain. It was next to impossible to find any joy in the upcoming issue.

Dawn stared down into the polished mahogany desk before her, her honey-colored eyes unfocused as her mind turned. Formally breaking things off with Richie felt wrong, but she firmly believed she could have gotten over it if she weren't forced to see him every other day in the class they shared. Her morning had been ruined just by the sight of him, and she spent the entire hour staring at the back of his head with confusion and regret instead of the lovesick awe she usually practiced.

What had she done?

If it weren't for the interruption, the bored drawl of her least-favorite founder, Dawn was liable to sit there, lost in her own world, for the rest of the day. The blonde raised her head, her brows immediately creasing at the sight of Zeke. "It's on the board," she replied, nodding over to the week's outline for the paper. She was slacking: her article critiquing the importance of The Lighting of Candles was only halfway written, and the first draft was shoddy at best.

Why should Richie be allowed to ruin her life?

For all of the power he attempted to project, Zeke was easy to tune out. Dawn picked up her pen, the brown-pink scabs on her knuckles pulled with her grip, stinging slightly in the air. Pain was a good thing, she firmly believed, it reminded her that she was alive.

Dawn tuned back in at the mention of Calista's absence, "you want to fuck her so bad it makes you look stupid." She didn't bother to look at his draft before shuffling it off into the pile of other articles she'd yet to read. Leave it to Zeke to somehow know about Richie, though, and she wasn't surprised that he'd chosen to dig the metaphorical knife into a fresh wound.

Despite all evidence to the contrary, Dawn was stronger than she looked.

"This is why I'm the editor and you work for me," she glossed over his taunts as if they hadn't hurt. "Left to you, the news may as well be written on the bathroom wall. We could find the latest right next to your pet's dorm number." She knew, of course, that Zeke was volatile, but that didn't stop her from pushing buttons.

Not taking her eyes off of him, she reached over and took his draft and, still without looking at a single word, crumbled it up like garbage to be tossed at him, "rewrite it."

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
IVY POSNER
Interactions:
Leo - @MiharuAya

Ivy tied off the end of her braid as she entered the pool, many familiar forms already in the water practicing. She'd honestly missed Grimsworth. Maybe that was a little strange, but it had always been better than home.

She paused on her way to the end of the pool despite wanting to get into the water, it was sometimes warmer than the cool air. There were more tempting things to enjoy however.

"I think I might be a little jealous. Favourites already?," She said playfully as she settled herself on the pool edge with the boy. She'd seen him around a few times though had no recollection of his name.

She kicked her feet slowly, enjoying the feel of the water. "Haven't even seen me wet yet," She teased, a small smile beginning to pull at her lips.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Cordelia Armethia Nelus De Yourne

Interactions:
none

Candy hauled herself up to her feet, her tired muscles responding reluctantly to her demands. It's already been a week since the entire fiasco. But, she was far from returning to normal.

Every time she closes her eyes, fear engulfs her. When she lay in her bed and is left alone to deal with her thoughts, she can feel the cursed door calling her. She can see it in her dreams and in her nightmares. She can see it everywhere.

"Fuck." The girl let out a shuddering breath and ran her fingers through her knotted hair. There were dark circles under her eyes while her cheeks became gaunt. She's been having sleepless nights and it shows.

She wants to rest yet the world doesn't want her to.

She has responsibilities. Assignments to finish. Projects to pass. Club to attend.

Candy halted her steps as she realized she's been wandering around carelessly. She found herself near the pool.

Her hand was shaking when she touched the brass knob. Although she knew that there was nothing to be afraid of, the fear of an ill-fated tree waiting at the other side of the door jumped at her. She stood there in silence, her heartbeat hammering against her chest while her palms sweated profusely. It's just a door. she chanted over and over again. Just a door to op-

"Move it." A random student told her, clearly annoyed that Candy was hovering around the door.

Embarrassed, Candy quickly let go of the handle and allowed the student to open the door instead of her. She saw Ivy and Leo yet made no move to approach them.

"I'm at the wrong place," she said to no one in particular before turning around. She made a vow to herself that she'll distance herself from any of the boys since the incident. She's been avoiding them for a week and today won't be any different.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3

KELLEN ARMSTRONG
SOMEBODY'S WATCHING ME
Interactions:
Calista @Bubs
Despite the cool weather, Kellen couldn't stop sweating. Not because the drills were particularly demanding, but because he had the uneasy feeling he was being watched. When he wasn't keeping his eye on the ball, he found himself glancing towards the woods, half-expecting to see something peeking out from behind the trees.

Ever since that night in the tunnels, he just hadn't been the same. It haunted him just as much in waking life as it did in his dreams, no matter how hard he tried to ignore it. He had done everything, but nothing worked. If he closed his eyes for even a second, he could see it. Those unseeing eyes, that ash grey skin of death, the bloated face of a decomposing corpse.

It was damn near impossible to focus on anything else. And for Kellen, that was saying something.

When baseball practice wrapped up for the day, he was the first to the benches. Kellen wiped the sweat off his forehead, drank water so fast that most of it ended up on his shirt, then after some quick parting words with his teammates, slung his bag over his shoulder and turned to leave.

The next thing he saw was a flash of blue.

The crash had happened so fast he barely had any time to blink. Kellen stepped back, an oath just upon the tip of his tongue when he realized who he had collided into—a girl with a familiar face, though her name had already escaped him.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
casey dawson-lepage
Interactions:
none / open

Another cloudy day in Grimsby. It looked like it was going to rain. Smelled like it, too. Seated on top of the theater building, the lithe boy let his head fall back until the stretch along the chords of his neck felt tight and uncomfortable. Even with his eyes closed, his impish face looked tired, but that was to be expected on only a few hours of sleep. Rest had never alluded him before, not until the party.

There was still a part of Baby that didn't believe it. A logical part of his brain thought that he'd hallucinated the whole thing, or that someone had spiked his drink and the wolf he'd nearly been gored to death by was just some random dog wandering around the grounds. It didn't seem possible, after all, to wander into a tunnel and walk out into a field with...whatever all of that had been. Baby swore that he could still see the fog, could still feel the cold settling into his limbs. And the others…

After somehow making it out alive, he'd taken to avoiding the boys and Candy like the plague. Not even Benji, his best friend, was safe. Back in the dorm, he did his best not to engage with Dakota and Kellen, and he refused to look Leo in the eye. It was all too much. Baby felt shame over his own fear, weak to still be bothered by the ordeal at all. He couldn't bring himself to ask the others about their dreams: if they'd continued, if they were as vivid as his had become, and if they saw that statue.

Every night since, he'd woken in a cold sweat and slipped, barefoot, out of bed to Grimsworth's courtyard, and every night he failed to force himself out into the cold. What did that stone monster want?

"Fuck!" The sudden pain between his fingers was enough to bring him back to reality, and Baby flung the butt of his cigarette halfway across the roof to burn up the rest of the way. "God," he murmured, looking at the fresh, pink burn on the insides of his middle and pointer fingers, "I'm so stupid." He flexed his hand and rubbed his thumb across the burn, smearing charcoal dust from the class he was currently skipping into the wound. That stung worse.

He ignored it—or tried to, at least—and opted to flop onto his back. Class would be over soon, then lunch, and if he was determined enough, he could stay on the roof for the rest of the day. Avoidance really was a cure-all.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Cyrus Grey
Close My Eyes Forever - Lita Ford & Ozzy Osbourne
Interactions:
The budding headache from the rich smell of chlorine had Cyrus's eyes watering. Splashing and the sound of the lap whistles adding to the discomfort. Her legs were dangling on the side of the pool. Leaving her to practice her frog kick. Checking the form of her toes and the way her legs bent in the water.

Swim cap was tucked at her side, braid lingering over one shoulder. Her one-piece had been designed to stand the weather in Australia. Long in the leg, stopping mid-thigh and sleeves long. Measures to keep one's skin away from the pure harshness of her homeland's sun.

Even Cyrus was smart enough to know. You still could be burnt on a day like today. Brown eyes watched the show that was going on before her. Jason—or whatever his name was… Being cheered on by a nameless newbie she hadn't met. Nor cared in knowing. He seemed to think he was all that and a pack of chips—plus, her track record with boys or would-be psychos left her avoiding the opposite sex like the plague.

The observant gaze she swept over the boy was nothing more than that. Observant, though she wouldn't be surprised if it looked like anything more. When Ivy joined the other noisemaker. Cyrus couldn't help but cringe at the teasing notion.

"Gross, Ivy…" Cyrus quipped in a tired drawl. Looking past the boy at the girl. Tilting her head to the side. Exposing her dull and sickly complexion. Dark under eyes and the lackluster of her normally sun-kissed skin. Before looking towards the one who drew the comment out. "And who are you, budgie smugglers?" This time the common slang term for the speedo made her cock a brow. An informal nickname coming to life at the tip of her tongue.

Gosh, these guys were going to make her headache a million times worse.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
CALISTA SHAW
WITHIN YOU - DAVID BOWIE
Interactions:
kellen
If there was anything she liked about the newspaper club, it was the fact she could interview people outdoors. Enjoy the walk. Feel the fresh air around her and breeze in her pale blue locks. There was nothing she could complain about. Sports scopes lead her to the fields and is about to check out the primed forms for the season. Nothing better than getting an inside look at the goods Grimsworth had to offer.

She'd made note of the various faces she'd seen on the field that day. Scribbling down her quotes for the article tinkering away in her head. Lines like: The boys are in fine form for their playing season. Came to mind when she saw a certain bad boy across the field. Someone it was nice enough to be as smooth on his feet as his lips. But his play seemed off—which was problematic for the rest of the team if he couldn't pull it together.

Nibbling on the back of her pencil. Her gloss-tinted lips combed over the quotes on the jotting notepad. Hoping to find a winner amongst them all. But the last always felt like the better.

When practice was over, she was quick to her feet after the first scope or live quote she could get. Positively pawing for a juicy piece of gossip. Only to collide with the sopping sweaty form of one of the players. Making her drawback with a sharp look at the player in question. Instantly cooling to see it was the troublemaker she was writing quotes about on the benches.

Ignoring the fact that her shirt was now soaked through at the front. Clinging grossly to her skin. Calista could only pray that she didn't look too much a fool. Cooly combing her fingers through the blue ends of her hair. The click of her pen sounded as she peeled back a free piece of paper, on the spiraled notepad in hand.

"Kellen, fancy crashing into you here." There wasn't anything curt about her tone. It was merely playful and amusing. "Herewith the school paper. Mind if I give you a quick interview? Make it worth your while?" Calista smiled that coy little smile of hers. Tapping the end of her pencil to the bottom of her lip. Amusement alight in her bright blue eyes.

Flirtatious and whimsical seemed to be the aesthetic she settled on. The scrolled moon on her brow slightly smudged from their collision. Where everything else hadn't faltered, except her shirt. That was merely dampened though.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
LUCIDA ABERNATHY
♪ Bernadette Carroll
Interactions:
none
The skin on her cheeks felt raw from her tears. Rustling between her brother's sheets, Luc held her fingertips against the puffiness of her eyes.

How long had she been crying?

Your sister is missing. You're to act without raising any suspicion.

And just like that, their mother's precious heiress was knocked from the board like a piece she no longer needed. It was another reminder of how disposable the children really were. Her absence was just an inconvenience. She expected it from their mother, but it still pained Luc to think of her poor sister.

Her poor, sweet sister, who listened to every sharp syllable of their mother's words. Like clay, she was molded into the perfect device. The many times she felt disgusted by the control exerted on Feyre.. it barrelled together and brought tears to her eyes.

Luc pitied her.

Finding a semblance of comfort from the smell of Ewan's bed, Luc gathered herself. After hearing the news of her sister, she spent most of her nights in her brother's room. It was the only place that allowed her to feel vulnerable. Most mornings, she would wake to the gentle touch of his fingers stroking her hair.

Ewan was sweet and considerate to have left her to sleep in. Again, Luc realized the reliability of the only person that could aid her - the only person she needed.

As she brushed her hair, Luc began to hum the only tune she could remember from her mother's lips. She thought of the loss of her sister and slowly began to smile.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
PERSEPHONE FRELING
Loïc Nottet - Mr/Mme
Interactions:
alistair @Adrian
There was a nervous feel tightening Persephone's stomach, sitting there in the library for her weekly tutoring. Textbooks scattered in front of her. Open to the marked pages she needed help. Mostly the more complicated subjects. Things to keep her position in the school as it should be. Failure had never been an option for her due to her mother's various demands.

Long blonde hair curtained her face. A ghostly pale complexion cheeks high and mildly gaunt. Her scent was a mix of her general whitening toothpaste and perfume her mother sent her. Floral notes that made her think of gardens seen on the travels with her mother. Everything about her appearance was. Reserved, neat and formal. Even in her outer school attire. Skirts were never above the knee. If anything, she looked like there was some level of consultation with Old Golden era Hollywood, calling through her outfit. The high waisted brown skirt, simple white button-down blouse tucked in. Belt fastened. Cardigan draped over the back of her shoulders. Flowers embellishments stitched into the collar by her own hand.

"Um, I've collected all the materials and marked the pages I'm stuck on." Persephone gestured the various books, their bookmarks sections. In painstaking order and organisation. Hoping to make the tutoring session as smooth and orderly as possible. Awkwardly, she tucked her hair away from her face and looked towards her tutor with a shy flush of her cheeks. "I thought I'd study over the holidays, but I got lost in some of the resources," Percy admitted in a strained voice.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Leonardo Ferdinand
Interactions:
Ivy @Ghostly Boo Cyrus @Bubs

While Leo was occupied admiring the eye candy swimming, he spotted Ivy approaching from the corner of his vision. This was the first time he had seen the girl, though he was immediately entranced by her beauty. His amorous gaze washed over her slowly, intentionally taking his time to take in every aspect of her body.

The playful comment brought a smirk to his lips, I don't play favorites," He replied as he watched the girl sit down. His feet continued to dangle into the pool, swirling the water around as he softly kicked his feet. As she mentioned that he hadn't seen her wet yet, he responded, "We should change that," His voice was smooth as velvet.

The stares he was getting from another girl who was also listlessly letting her feet soak in the pool didn't go unnoticed. He waited for an opening, and when he caught her eye he sent a lascivious wink. "Like the view?" He called out flirtatiously.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
R I C H I E
LET'S DANCE - DAVID BOWIE
Interactions:
baby @neptune
To survive school was to track the march of days from Monday to Friday with slow, measured patience. Richie didn't necessarily want to hurry it along - what was youth if you rushed it along? - but there were plenty of things he appreciated doing more than sitting in class wondering if that bulge at the back of Mrs. Edwards' neck was a burgeoning mole or a tumor. Sneaking jokes behind the teacher's back with his friend Ash helped, but any lingering stares made him draw away coldly, the dregs of last year's terrible rumor still hanging on the fringe of his mind.

And then there was Dawn.

He...hadn't really come to terms with what had happened. Not fully. To her eyes, he was the picture of calm, that faintly mischievous look ever-present on his face never cracking under her looks. But he didn't ever go talk with her. Or sit with her. Or toss salacious notes her way like he used to, face smooth as ice as he pretended not to hear her fighting a laugh just behind him.

The distance between them may have been a desk or two, but it may as well have been the width of the Atlantic Ocean. And Richie just didn't have the boat to cross it. Not right now.

By Saturday he was feeling more aloof than usual. Some of the kids from the theater had invited him to go for a ride, but he'd declined, blaming a hangover. It was an odd mood he found himself in; he craved isolation, and yet the four corners of his dorm room were driving him insane. Going outside had meant running into more unwanted companions, and finally, desperately, his long legs had led him up the stairwell of the theater building--

--only to find someone else there lying on the roof.

Looks like God wanted him to be friendly today.

"Baby, baby, baby."

Richie crooned like a warbling singer, his voice just as pretty. The boy's sweet nickname forced a smile to his lips. "Sorry to interrupt…"

Whatever it was the boy was doing. Richie regarded him coolly before crossing over to the edge of the roof. Haphazardly, he clambered over the side and sat beside the stone gargoyle, staring blearily at the ground leagues below. That was one helluva way to go.

"What are you doing up here, dude? Just got done getting your mack on or something?"