don't go in the woods
CAST | LORE | IC

Last edited:
Reactions: MiharuAya
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
IVY POSNER
Interactions:
Leo - @MiharuAya Cyrus - @Bubs

Ivy enjoyed a good flirting match, especially if it won her a blush and maybe even a kiss. This guy seemed more than willing to give back as good as he got, she hadn't missed that admiring gaze either.

"Think you're up to the challenge?" She asked, leaning close her blue eyes full of suggestion. She was about to say something more when someone else spoke.

"Hey babe," She greeted. She took in the girl's appearance, she honestly looked like she'd been dragged after a horse at breakneck speed. She felt some concern for her since she'd always seemed quite lively and boisterous. But Ivy wasn't a girl who tried to delve into people's problems, most people anyways.

"Don't worry, you'll always give me the warm and fuzzies," She said playfully, holding her hand dramatically to her heart.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
ZEKE FLORENCE
BAD - ROYAL DELUXE
Interactions:
dawn venture @neptune
Zeke's eyes peeled towards the board with a weak and lazy cock of his brow. As if that the piece sitting there would offer anything of interest to him. Dawn was foolishly mistaken. Not that the founder boy thought or cares much about her feelings. Her and the other figures of the female species, minus one perfect bed partner. Could rot for all he cared.

"Please, she's probably crawling with every clinical disease under the sun." He replied with a bored wave of his hand, offering a pointed look to the girl who didn't even look at him. "I'd no sooner fuck you than her," Zeke then added. Sitting up a little straighter in his seat. Spying the pile of articles neatly piled at Dawn's side.

The expression shift in Zeke was cold and murderous the instant the little insect crumbled his article. Pushing her little manicured fingers into the bullet wounds. Scrapping around like the little bottom feeder maggot she was. Cool cold his strides were quickly measured before the hand struck the desk she sat at. Sending the piled articles spilling on the ground. His expression was an ugly cold mask. Breath heavy and measured.

"Must be sad, your pathetic little life..." He drawled in a calm tone of voice. "I wonder how much worse it'd be if I gave you something to really cry about." He admitted in a calm tone of voice.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
SERENA BLACKBOURNE
Interactions:
Aofie - @DANAsaur

Serena snapped her violin case shut. She was ready to eat after a long morning of practice, not to mention she'd spent a lot of last night playing as well, it helped her relax when she couldn't sleep. She scooped her case up and left the music block, heading for Florence hall to meet up with Aofie so they could go to lunch together.

She briefly contemplated putting her violin back in her room, but decided against it, she could play some more later.

She entered the building, taking herself up to Aofie's room. She might not even be there, but it was the only spot she could think of that she'd be. Unless she was lurking around Zeke again. She didn't really see eye to eye with the girl often and the topic of Zeke was one she definitely didn't understand or agree to. She hated his guts quite passionately and she made that clear to him every chance she got.

She knocked on Aofie's door. "Ready to eat?"

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Aoife Sheridan

Interactions:
Serena (@Ghostly Boo)

Aoife Sheridan had spent her entire Saturday morning locked inside her room not because someone was warming her bed but rather because she received an unwelcomed gift: a bouquet of sunflowers.

She placed the arrangement on her vanity, glaring at the brightness it gives to her entire room. She didn't have to be smart to know who it's from. Oh, the mere sight of the yellow petals was enough to make her stomach curl in trepidation.

Aoife reached for the note that's neatly tucked between the blossoms. With each written word she read, dread spreads in her stomach. Father had sent news about her sick younger brother.

"He has a fever again." Aoife let out a shuddering breath, her heart cracking little by little. "His condition is getting worse."

It was two years ago when she realized that the little twerp had wormed its way to her stone-cold heart. He's frail and innocent, too bright-eyed and idealistic. It somehow reminded Aoife of what she used to be before she became who she is now.

Seamus Sheridan is purposely neglecting her young brother. He was using Finn against her. Aoife had no choice but to do her best. She wanted her brother to be safe, just until she becomes the head of Sheridan.

What am I going to do? Aoife gnawed at her thumb. Father will take care of him, right? I mean, he has to keep Finn alive for my sake.

A knock snapped out of her thoughts. Blinking twice, Aoife looked at the door before checking herself in the mirror. "Fuck." she let out a shuddering breath and wiped away her tears. She then crumpled the note and hid it in a drawer before reaching for her makeup. She decided to blame the kohl for the redness in her eyes, along with the cream blush for her reddening nose. This is not the time to be vulnerable. Aoife chastised herself before standing up and smoothing her skirt.

"Serena, darling!" Aoife greeted her visitor after opening the door, a practiced smile etched on her lips. "Just in time! I am famished. Shall we head to the cafeteria?"

The heiress of Sheridan practically dragged Serena away from the dorms and into the halls. "So tell me, how was your day so far? And please make sure what you're about to tell me is interesting. I NEED something juicy or I might torture someone before this day ends!"

As much as she wanted to deny it, she was thankful for her friend's presence. Serena will be a nice distraction from her thoughts... for now.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
The Gun Show
Collaborative Post For:
Jasper ♥ Hunter ♥ Benji

Hunter wasn't keen on socializing during workouts. Too many people aggravated him, and he liked to be fully absorbed in the grind instead of chit chatting with the rest of the jocks. But humans naturally sought out companions after a while. Even he was not immune to it. It was luck, then, that Jasper and Benjamin had been free for a session.

It was probably one of the few times he welcomed the distraction.

A full week had passed, and he still hadn't gotten Feyre Abernathy out of his head. The haunting had begun; memories of her melded with those of the others wronged by his hands, and for some reason he was having more trouble than not forcing it out of his head. He couldn't punch it out, and he sure as hell didn't want to talk it out. So he would work it out.

But the little treadmill wasn't cutting it. Breaking out of his jog, Hunter stepped off it and headed towards the bench press.

"One of you come spot me," the quarterback said to Benji and Jasper. The polite please was ignorantly missing.

"I got it," Jasper said, getting up from his own machine to go and help Hunter.

"What are you starting at?" Jas asked as he went to the other side to put the weights on.

"60 each side."

"Gotcha." Jas slid the weights onto the barbell leaving the other side for Hunter before moving to the head.

"You wanna take a swing at it after?" Jasper asked, looking over at Benji.

"Sure thing." Benji hardly looked at the other two. Throughout the week, his easy going smile was absent and his relaxed nature turned stale. Ever since he wandered the mazes, his mind was anywhere but the present moment. He could often smell the lingering traces of blood from the details of his memories.

Following his last set with a grunt, Benji put down his weights and took a swig of his bottle. Soaked in his own sweat, he pushed through to lift heavier and with more reps. The physical strain was the only thing that got him going throughout the week. More than anything, he wanted to see his best friend but it was obvious that he was being avoided. Another thing on his mind was the missing status of one of their students: Feyre Abernathy. Although a friend, she was still one of the Founding children and cloaked by their strangeness.

"Nolan, Nolan," Benji sang with the return of his mischief tone. "What the hell are you eating to get so beefy. You're built like a fucking ox."

"No...clue."

Hunter spoke between breaths, his large biceps parallel to one another as he held the weighted bar straight above. He fell into silence as the bar went up and down, over and over in a slow, rhythmic pattern.

Then it paused abruptly, poised above the teen's face. His black eyes were pinned on Benji.

"Where have you been all week? Haven't seen shit of you or Jasper since school started." There wasn't the slightest shake of his straightened arms. He made holding the bar look so easy. "'Cept for practice. Got some girls finally?"

Benji smiled nervously - even he felt the pressure of Hunter's gaze. He was a tad more intimidating while he held those weights above his face like no problem. "You need some extra weights there, bud?"

Jasper released a short laugh and moved closer to Benji after seeing the ease in which Hunter lifted the weights. The guy really put the rest of them to shame sometimes. "You're one to talk." He countered.

"Besides, we both know Benny boy here prefers the friend zone."

"Ahh, shut up." Benji chirped, wringing an arm around Jasper's neck. "I just care too much about how lonely you'll feel if I start chasing a girl. Also, Hunter strikes me as the jealous type. I don't want to make him mad if I ditch him too often."

CLANG!

The weighted bar fell into its metal holders with a careless drop. Hunter sat up from the bench press, his eyes darting from Jasper first to Benji second. He stared for a moment, his expression unreadable.

And then he was reaching down to the sides, pulling up more weights into his lap from the floor.

"Huh. You sure Benny prefers the friend zone? I don't think he has a choice." A small smile graced his features.

"Please, I'm sure I got better game than you." Benji said, but muttered under his breath. He grabbed a couple weights and started his curls on the bench beside him.

"Jasper, why don't you hook him up with Joan? Unless you two are still together," He teased lightly.

A look of disgust immediately filled Jasper's expression. "That would be like screwing my sister." He shuddered at the thought. "Gross. Just no."

"Huh?" Confusion clouded Hunter's features. "Oh, I thought you liked hanging around her."

With the new weights added to each side, he laid under the bar again, grunting a bit as he hefted it from its resting place.

Joan, huh.. Benji felt impartial towards her. "Hey, that's enough about us." He paused between a curl, a steady breath blown through his lips. "A kid from your team said you found yourself a girl." Another slow breath, " I'm happy for you, man."

"A- what?"

It wasn't so easy to hold the bar this time. Perhaps because the whole damn thing had almost dropped on his neck after his fingers had slipped inexplicably at Benji's words, and the football captain swore as he regained his hold.

"The fuck are you on, man?"

"Oh yeahhh, I heard about that," Jasper piped up, keeping an eye on the bar Hunter had almost dropped. "The interview chick with the blue hair. You guys actually have a thing?" He asked.

Hunter's jaw locked stubbornly. "No." And in his typical fashion, he left it at that, eyes staring at the ceiling with renewed interest.

Benji dropped his weight, finishing his set. "Nah, you're not getting away with just that. I'm sure there's some truth behind the rumours, no?" Leaning his back against the seated bench, he tipped his bottle against his lips. "Come on, Hun… tell me more, tell me more. " He hummed the rest of the tune from the movie Grease and chuckled while sipping his water.

"Lay off," Hunter snapped. He sat up, putting the bar back in its holder - had he really finished his rep so quickly? "Look -"

He stood up, his hands on his hips, frowning down at Benji.

"Finish that and let's get something to eat. Unless you guys wanna put in overtime here."

"Fine, fine."

Last edited:
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Cyrus Grey
Close My Eyes Forever - Lita Ford & Ozzy Osbourne
Interactions:
It took everything not to retch up bile at the comments bouncing between the pair. Instead, Cyrus offered a cock of head at Leo's question. Then a roll of her eyes. "Not much to see. Which I'm thankful for." She found herself shuddering at the thought on what there might have been to see.

Sighing at Ivy's comment, making a notable gagging sound at it. "Ivy, I highly doubt the sentiment," there was no point to dance between pleasantries. Rising from her side of the pool. Cy stretched a little. Dragging her fingers through the bird's nest of hair on her head.

Squinting at the overcast weather, she jerked a few strands out. Shaking them off her wet hand onto the floor around the poolside. Her body aches and fatigue was weighing heavily on her shoulders. "I thought Calista was your babe anyway," Cyrus commented cooly. Then gestured to the newbie at the pool. "What's she going to say about you flirting with a boy without her. The shame," she mocked dryly before wandering over to the side of the pool.

Sun-kissed skin was hollow and sickly looking for once. Her weight sitting somewhere on the unhealthy side. Yet, she held a small amount of muscle on her abs and thighs. Stopping short of the pair, she sighed resigning her fate to sit down alongside them. "You didn't answer the question," she regarded Leo. "Who are you?" Her accent sung through her curtness, unabashed or frightened to ask who this person was.

Purely, she took the moment to try to figure out if he was friend or foe.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
DAWN VENTURE
Interactions:
Zeke @Bubs

Blah, blah, blah. Nothing worthwhile ever came out of Zeke's mouth—if it wasn't vulgar, then it was stupid—and Dawn had learned to ignore it, like so many other things, over the years. Being alone with the Florence heir was unnerving, casting a tension into the air like a wide net, and herself, a fish waiting to be caught. Her ears hummed, ringing as her pen lazily scratched more words across the rough draft in front of her.

A discerning eye would have caught the tightness of her grip and how much tighter it became when Zeke slammed his hand on the desk and sent the neat stack of papers floating to the ground. Dawn raised her eyes casually, indulging the heaving, overgrown child's tantrum. The heavy rise and fall of his chest reminded her of a gorilla at the zoo making a spectacle; she wondered if Zeke might take out his dick and piss right there to further assert his dominance.

"Like what?" she asked with a cool tilt of her head. "I have to care to cry," she reminded, "and I don't care for maggots."

Being on the receiving end of her grandfather's and Ewan's ire had made Dawn much more formidable than anyone dared give her credit for her. Was she afraid? Certainly. But she would be damned if she let the likes of Zeke get the better of her. There were more worthy opponents to cower to.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
casey dawson-lepage
Interactions:
richie @Kuno

The sound of rubber sneakers scuffing across the roof was enough to stir Baby from his thoughts, but Richie's sing-song voice further perked him. He leaned up on his elbows, one eye squinted closed against the hazy sun through the clouds, and offered the lanky boy a soft smile. After nearly becoming wolf chow—and he still wasn't entirely sure if that was real or not—seeing someone normal (or as close to normal as one got in Grimsworth) was a welcomed relief.

Baby watched as Richie got himself situated, reclining against of the stone gargoyles. The other boy didn't exactly blend in, but his angular features looked carved from stone. He tore his eyes away at Richie's joke and breathed a sarcastic laugh through his nose, "yeah, sure." Not that he could think of anyone to mack on.

Or anyone who might want to.

"Just waiting out the rest of the day, I guess," he answered with a shrug and groaned as he sat up. Fine chunks of gravel clung to the back of his shirt, but he didn't bother to brush them away. Shifting, he took out his pack of smokes and offered one to Richie after taking yet another for himself. "What are you doing up here?" he shot the question back around the filter, "this is my hiding spot."

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
R I C H I E
LET'S DANCE - DAVID BOWIE
Interactions:
baby @neptune

In his own humble, certainly not biased opinion, Richie felt that Baby was one of the more popular kids at school. Sure, maybe he didn't throw parties or have a bunch of slack-jacked lackeys following him around like the jocks or cheerleaders did. But his amiability was infectious; he fit like a glove into any little social scene he graced with his presence. The kid had friends in spades.

So what could he possibly have to hide from?

It was quite obviously none of his business. But the redhead was curious to a degree…and faintly concerned. It wasn't like Baby to stray from company.

Richie took the cigarette but didn't light it, instead rolling in his fingers as he threw a bemused look towards the other teen.

"Hiding, huh? I thought this was just a place to get high." He paused, a wink given at the pun. "But I get it. Sometimes you wanna get away…"

Don't pry, came the thought of reason. Prudent, like Richie usually tended to be.

He decided to ignore it.

"I dunno, I guess I'm just not used to you being so...isolated. You're always with a gang somehow," Richie said with a laugh. Finally his arm reached, his fingers extending so that Baby could light his cigarette. "You ok, dude? You're not riding the blues, are you?"

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Leonardo Ferdinand
Interactions:
Ivy @Ghostly Boo Cyrus @Bubs

The question that Ivy posed felt much like a dare. It ignited a flame within his ego, as a devious smirk pulled at the corners of his lips. "Oh," He cooed with a sultry voice. "I wouldn't call it a challenge, It's a guarantee." The blonde reclined back onto his palms, subtly leaning closer to Ivy with a seductive look.

When the new girl brutally rejected his flirtations, Leo feigned annoyance with a dramatic pout. "You must need glasses." He declared in a huff. Though, in a moment the mischievous grin quickly returned. "Or, maybe you need a closer look?" Leo straightened, flexing the little muscles that he had.

While the two girls spoke, Leo idly sipped at the last of his juice. Although he had no idea who they were talking about, he interjected. "Hey, no need to argue. There's plenty of me to go around." A large grin spread across his face as he chuckled at his words.

As Cyrus sat down beside them, he turned towards her, letting his gaze slowly drag down her frame. The girl's malnourished frame and dull complexion immediately caught his attention. Even though he didn't know her, it was still somewhat worrying. Though, it wasn't his place to say anything about it. "I'm Leo, your next boyfriend." He replied with a playful wink.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3

KELLEN ARMSTRONG
WALK THIS WAY - AEROSMITH
Interactions:
Calista @Bubs
"What?" Kellen blinked. "Oh. The school paper, huh?"

He adjusted the shoulder strap, eyes darting back to the trees. Keep your cool, he told himself, but he couldn't stop shaking.

"Sure," he said, jamming his fists into his pockets. "But not here."

Nudging his head to the exit, Kellen turned, expecting her to follow. That was when it hit him: he'd made out with this girl on the rooftop about a week ago. Damn, he thought to himself, a week ago? It felt like it had been months.

"So, you got questions for me." It was more of a statement than a question. Kellen didn't like interviews, but sometimes that depended on who was asking. He looked over at her. She was distracting. A pretty kind of distracting. "This isn't just an excuse to ask me out, is it? Because I'm not the dating kind of guy, I'm telling you now."

Last edited:
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Lauren Harrison
DAYDREAMER - AURORA
Interactions:
dawn @neptune
Everything was seen through a cracked set of lenses. Pen tucked in mess tendrils. Spiral exercise book in a right state, papers and pictures messily showing from the edges. Dishevelled from a run in with one of her bullies in the halls.

The petite form of the girl was covered with dust and cobwebs. After escaping a locker she was shut in not too long ago.

But, she didn't let it bother her immensely. There was too much noise and thought going through her mind.

Seeing Dawn was more important.

Weaving between the mild crowd in the halls, she bumped into a number of people in passing. Clumsily almost tripped, recovered. Then continued onwards.

This was almost as exciting as wanting to tell Dawn about the book review she wrote from the school paper. Something that was penned expressively by Lauren, after finishing this month's Book Club novel. In essence, it was hurryingly finished in the hopes to impress the girl she searched for. Who's schedule undoubtedly had her dealing with newspaper needs. Hence, that was where she was headed.

Knocking shyly at the door of the club room, she opened the door. Poking her head in timidly upon arrival. "Oh! Dawn, hello." Lauren said in a light tone. Tucking a red coil behind her ear. Nervously shifting her gaze to the other Founding child. Stomach particularly flipping at the sight of the older boy. Nibbling at her chapped lower lip, the girl's posture shifted and became notably closed off.

Shuffling forward, she closed the club room door behind her. Trying to drown out the chorus from the hall of hungry students. "Uh, I have a book review for you, Dawn." She admitted in an awkward tone. Opening her exercise book to pull out the good copy of an ineligible review.

Words were climbing all over the page, her pen borrowed fountain pen exploded again. Holding the copy out for Dawn. "It was really enjoyable," even if she didn't quite understand the full context...

Last edited:
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
CALISTA SHAW
WITHIN YOU - DAVID BOWIE
Interactions:
kellen @Adrian
His expression bought an easy coy smile to her lips. Highlighting the swift amusement from Kellen's seeming surprise.

Intelligent eyes followed the darting set of eyes in front of her. Assessing the baseball field, then the trees beyond momentarily. Feeling the prickle of nervousness. That, place always gave her the creeps, subconsciously.

"Okay," her words were counted and not without understanding the want to get further away from the field.

Taking the pace easily at Kellen's side. Enjoying the mild breeze that brushed against her body. Making her skirt bustle in the soft wind. Coaxing cool. Calista hummed at Kellen's statement, nodding her head. "I do," she commented simply. Laughing at the following question. Opening her notepad, turning the lined paper over to display. Legitimate questions.

Licking the end of her pencil, she wet the lead. Before making a quick jot on the paper. Clear and clean writing marking the lined surface. "I'm not the dating sort of girl, casual suits me better." Calista's retort was almost siren soft. Playing on the alluring aesthetic she lived by. "I'll only consider dating when a certain someone does," she regarded cooly. "You are not that person," she nibbed the end of her pencil again.

"So, questions?" Calista's smile was inviting. Soft and nothing was attached on the end. Other than was she wanted at the moment. Answers.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
SERENA BLACKBOURNE
Interactions:
Aofie - @DANAsaur

Serena offered no resistance as Aofie led her away. Lunch sounded good, her hunger was part of the reason she'd left the music room at all, sometimes it was a little too easy to get lost in it.

"I don't understand why you expect anything interesting from me Aofie, I'm the least exciting person you know," She murmured. Sometimes their friendship confused her, but she wasn't about to change it, then she'd have nothing.

She thought for a few moments, trying to think up something remotely interesting before they reached the cafeteria. "Have you heard anything about Fayre?" She asked, deciding she'd rather pick her friend for information rather than search for gossip she didn't have, besides she could usually contribute something of interest eventually.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
ALISTAIR BLACKBOURNE
Interactions:
Percy @Bubs
Persephone Freling.

Yes, he knew her name. After their brief encounter in the forest many years ago, he'd made it his mission to look into her identity. He'd scoured student files, kept track of her whereabouts, listened in to her conversations. He had one eye on her and one ear to the ground. Even after all these years, he kept his guard up. One could never be too sure with the Outsiders. Never too sure.

But not once had she spoken of their encounter, at least to his knowledge. This should have given him a measure of comfort, but it didn't. Was she simply biding her time, waiting for the opportune moment to strike? Was she so beautiful so as to disarm? That would not work on him. Alistair was no fool.

Still, he had to admire her tenacity. If this were indeed some kind of game, then she'd been patient and very, very meticulous. Alistair had gone out of his way to avoid talking to her. Regardless of her intentions, her very existence was a threat to his own. Yes, he was quite happy to avoid her.

But there had been some strange incidents the past week. One involved Feyre Abernathy. The other involved Miss Persephone Freling. It didn't take a genius to make the connection.

Alistair sat stiffly next to her, conscious of her elbow brushing against his, her words nothing more than static noise. He closed the book he'd been studying and pushed it aside. Then, he turned, looking at her for the first time since entering the library.

It was not a kind look.

"What game are you playing?" he asked, voice low and dangerous.

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
LUCIDA ABERNATHY
♪ Bernadette Carroll
Interactions:
She heard a funny rumour. Something about an eyeball by the lonely tree. It was a strange thing for the outsiders to throw talk around and for her to be interested.

But the rumour was too close to when her sister went missing. She couldn't help but feel a little.. anxious.

Tracing her fingers against the carvings in the tree, Luc took a final drag of her cigarette and snubbed it into the letters F.A.

Where was she?

Last edited:
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Aoife Sheridan

Interactions:
Serena (@Ghostly Boo)

Aoife rolled her eyes. Serena is indeed the least exciting person she knows though it's still disappointing. She expected her to have something going on with her life. "Seriously? No suitors? Hookups? Anything?" The heiress of Sheridan wondered why the hell they were even friends. But then she remembered.She's one of the few who I find less annoying.

Shaking her head out of disappointment, Aoife seriously asked."Should I send one of my playthings to your room?" Everyone knows she rarely shares her possessions but for Serena, she's willing to do so. "So that the next time we meet, you'll have some spice in your life."

At the mention of Feyre, her mood soured. "Why the fuck should we care about her?" Although what happened to the Abernathy heiress was peculiar, Aoife couldn't care less. She had much more important things occupying her mind. Besides, Feyre's absence means there's one less person in the competition.

"We're at Grimsworth for Founder's sake," Aoife murmured to Serena as they entered the cafeteria. "Anyone can go missing or get killed. Besides-" The heiress of Sheridan looked around, making sure that no one was eavesdropping on their conversation before whispering her thoughts. "-the provider doesn't need any rhyme or reason. They're powerful enough to do anything they want."

Aoife selected pasta for her lunch, accompanied by five slices of garlic bread. "Any way, do you have any other plans after lunch? I am in desperate need of a spa day and the pool is the closest thing to it. "

FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
UNDER HIS WATCHFUL EYE
Collaborative Post For:
Alistair x Percy
'What game are you playing?' echoed in Persephone's ears with a starling clarity, making her look at Alistair with an expression only aired in confusion.

"I'm sorry?" She spoke low, gathering whatever could have been a secret. "I don't quite understand what you're talking about." Percy said with plain honesty.

"Drop the pretense. You know exactly what I'm talking about," Alistair said, his eyes metallic.

There was something distinctly strange about the Blackbournes' accent and manner of speech. It was as if they'd been plucked from a different time or a different place.

"First, you trespass," he continued, but he was no longer looking at her. Alistair stacked the books in a neat pile, each dull thud punctuating his every word. "Then, you feign innocence for four years. Why wait? Why now?"

Percy flinched with the motion, taking in his manner and the way he spoke to her. Green eyes began to glaze with unease. Bile creeping at the back of her throat. Thud, thud, thud. Her heart pounded in tune to the books piled aggressively. Goosebumps prickling at the back of her neck at the nightmares wanting to sprout.

He slammed the final book into place and snapped his gaze back at her. There would be no lessons today.

"What are you planning?" Alistair's voice was low, but his tone was accusing. "And do not lie to me. I know all this talk about an eyeball isn't merely hearsay."

The final book made her physically jump. Persephone's skin was a sheet of white. Palms instantly clammy at the memory. "Planning?" She choked. Struggling to wrap her head around the words. Turning back, meeting the pinning gaze. "I never said anything about the eyeball being untrue," the girl frowned. Vaguely squeezing her fist a little.

"A bird had it." Percy admitted troubled by the memory. Bowing her head to let her hair fall in her face. Hiding her pale gauntly features.

It took little effort to pry the information out of her. Alistair, who clearly had not expected this, was silent for a moment.

"A bird? Where did it come from? Tell me exactly what happened." Though his voice was significantly calmer, there was still an edge to his words.

Her frown deepened, harsh lines strained against her soft features at this. For a moment, she stared at her hands. Remembering the blood staining her palms. "I-Uh, it…" Percy felt the burn of bile creeping at her throat. Swallowing sheepishly, her gaze lifted to one of the library windows. "I was sitting with Richie, near the tree…" Her mind was cutting and pasting the images together once more as she described the Lonely Tree. "This bird just flew out of nowhere, when I went to check on it. There was blood… But in its beak was an eye." Shivers visibly raked down her spine at the explanation.

Turning physically in her seat, her gaze met Alistairs. "I didn't go--there again." She confirmed not stepping foot in that haunted wood again.

"I assume you mean the Lonely Tree. And what became of the eye?"

"Richie threw it back towards the wood." Percy straightened her posture uncomfortably. "Why are you asking these questions?" Her tone was soft.

He did not answer. Instead, Alistair reclined on his seat with a faraway gaze, his brows knitted together.

"A bird with an eye…" he murmured, a hand paused against his chin. "And the iris—what was its color?"

"Brown…" Percy recalled, growing wary of the conversation topic.

Even if it was nice to have a moment where Alistair actually spoke to her. It would have been far nicer to have a discussion over mathematical notes about now. Not mystery eyeballs. A creepy wood on the outskirts of school grounds.

Warily, Percy made a reach for one of her books. To stir away from the topic. Change the subject if she could. Opening the exercise book to the marked page. "And, I'm not scheming anything… I was talking with a friend. That's it." There was a shake to her form. Pressing to be more assertive for herself came weakly. In trembling and tumbling words.

After a long and heavy silence, Alistair finally spoke again.

"You will not speak of this conversation to anyone, understand?" He did not wait for a response. Instead, he scowled at her for good measure, suddenly rising from his seat. "I have other things to attend to now. We'll recommence in the evening."

He turned to leave but hesitated at the last second. Looking towards her one last time, he asked, "When you learned you needed a tutor, did you specifically request for me?"

For a moment, there was a startled expression that lingered behind the curtain of her blonde locks. Cleared by Percy's frail fingers tucking her hair behind an ear. Nibbling on the bottom of her lip. She didn't answer the first question. Half expecting Alistair just to leave before being given an answer.

"My mother picked my tutor, not me." Persephone admitted in a strained voice. Her familiar green eyes lowered to her lap once more. "She doesn't like failures. But, I was happy to know it was you… I do appreciate what you did for me, that time." Sincerity lingered in her tone. Through her eyes struggled to meet Alistair's gaze.

Had she looked, she would not have found a change in Alistair's expression.

"I didn't do it for you," he lied, turning to leave.

"No one ever has," her voice was weak in that admission. "I don't think I need tutoring tonight." Percy said simply. Painfully aware of the ache settling into her chest. The sinking deep feeling settling over her stomach. When he walked away, she wiped a stray tear away from her cheek.

"Not even mama."

Last edited:
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
ALISTAIR BLACKBOURNE
Interactions:
Lucida @Vinn
The last time he stood in front of the Lonely Tree, he had signed his name in blood.

He had been there with all the other Founding Family children; bleeding, fighting back tears, uttering their vows at the behest of the Provider. At the age of thirteen, they had married themselves to this secret society, although they did not understand the full implications of it at the time. Feyre had been there too, although Alistair could not remember her crying. He didn't think she ever did.

Sometimes, Alistair wondered what would have happened, had he decided to flee that fateful morning. Would he have mustered the courage to leave his family behind? Even if he had, he would not have gotten very far. His father would have punished him.

Or worse.

As Alistair rounded Blackbourne Hall, a gust of wind blew past, whipping his hair back so that it flowed behind him. Ahead, the leafless tree stood, its trunk bent like an aged creature, the spindly branches withered and cracked. A lone figure stood beside it. It was Lucida, gazing upon the engravings on the wood.

As he drew nearer, Alistair slowed to a stop, eyes falling on the newly-inflicted burn on Feyre's initials. The same initials that had materialized on the tree last week, symbolizing a broken vow. Or an epitaph, Alistair thought, frowning. All her short life, Feyre had been devoted to the Founding Families. What could have possibly happened that compelled her to break one of her vows?

"Lucida. You're here," he said. It was never Luc or Lucy or any other name that could be misconstrued as endearing. Just Lucida. Alistair looked around, but the place was barren of people. "Good. I have information. Come."

He began walking toward the edge of the woods.

"I asked one of the… outsiders… to verify the rumor." He said outsiders as if the very word tasted rotten in his mouth. "You've heard about it, yes? The one about a crow carrying an eye in its beak. It appears there is truth to it, after all."

He relayed a summary of what Persephone had told him in the library. Meanwhile, the forest loomed ahead of them, dark and unwelcoming. As it had always been.

Last edited:
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
ewan abernathy
Caprice #24
Interactions:
avery @Adrian

The thin blade of his pen knife easily fit between the old lock and the door. It popped open without a fuss or a creak and Ewan pushed his way inside. It was funny; he half expected her to be there, dark-hair splayed across the pillow, her arm thrown haphazardly over her eyes that would fill with fury at the sight of his meddling. It would have been easier if she were sick and hiding, ashamed that her ambition had fallen to something as simple as the common cold, but as he'd come to discover, nothing in this life was easy. Ewan knew of course, that Feyre was dead. He didn't know how, or why, or even when.

But he would find out and then there would be hell to pay.

The air in the room was mottled with dust mites, sparkling in the afternoon haze that was dampened by the curtain. There was enough light to see, and Ewan wasn't precious about letting a hand run across the decorated dresser against one wall. The smell of cedar hit his nose when he opened a random drawer, mixing with the already lingering scent of jasmine. The inside contained nothing of interest, just some socks and what looked to be ribbons for her hair. She wouldn't need those anymore.

There hadn't been a plan when he'd left Lucida that morning. Ewan had simply gotten out of bed, went about his day and ended up outside of his sister's room. He didn't know her anymore, didn't know if she kept a diary or a schedule, or if she was still the sentimental type that kept trinkets turned to clues. It was his own fault, though he blamed their mother for the rift between them. Frowning, Ewan closed another drawer full of clothes and left the dresser behind.

In the corner of the room sat a chair, and on top of that chair was Feyre's violin. Still in the case, it looked as though it hadn't been touched in a week. Curiously, Ewan popped the latch and gazed down at the instrument. She was a talented musician, patient with her practice and careful in each performance. It was her skill that had pushed him toward the piano, the desire to be something that she couldn't and steal the few scraps of praise she was given by dear mother. He'd succeeded in his juvenile plan, but without a rival, he felt hollow.

A crinkled polarid stuck out from the crushed velvet lining. At first, Ewan didn't want to look. He didn't want to know what Feyre valued, who she found special. He couldn't suddenly start to humanize her again after cutting her off from his love years ago. It stung to find a much younger version himself staring back from the past, one skinny arm around Fey, smiles on their faces as they shared the piano bench. He remembered that day: their father had snapped the picture after they'd played Heart and Soul[ for the twentieth time at their mother's request; Lucida hadn't even been allowed in the room.

The dust in the room made his nose twitch, and he cleared his throat before pocketing the picture, precious after all. Leaving the violin where it laid, Ewan closed the case with some kind of finality.

"For a mute, you sure breathe heavy," he said as he looked over his shoulder to regard Avery. "I guess I'm not the only one who got curious."