Distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Kira huh? I like that name" Jacob said with a smile as he took another bite. He could start to tell now that she was a little nervous, the small signs he could read easily. He looked a little farther down the restaurant and after only seeing a couple other people, he asked her jokingly, "So, are you here on your own or can your boyfriend not hold his ramen for long?"

He still expected her to have one, considering how pretty he thought she was. He got curious as to what her mark was. A bit of a go to question for him considering most everyone he knows has a mark. He himself did not, and to be quite frank, he didnt mind it. He considered it as an opportunity to let the one he falls in love with be a surprise in his life.

Kira blushed darker as he said that she liked her name. She bit down on her lip shyly, looking down at her feet. No one called her name nice, especially not handsome, caring, charming guys like he appeared today. But she knew better than anyone that appearances where not everything about a person.

She heard his question and blushed darker, pushing her fingers together. "I'm here alone." She said, still showing some of her timidity, but a little more confidence. She smiled a little bit bigger, looking at him. It was kind of cute that he thought she was taken, but that was far from the case. She was still a little single pringle.

"I can honestly say I am surprised about that" he said as she answered his question. She was still timid but she was responding still, which was good. "I guess it was obvious I came alone too. I'm surprised there arent many people here right now, but I guess a lot might still be at work. Luckily I got the morning shift so I get to spend the rest of the afternoon in some sweats and my buddy Netflix." he said in a humorous tone. Of course that wasnt all he was going to do, he was most likely going to stop by his moms place and say hi, then go work out at the gym before going home. Today was leg say for him, so he was most likely going to be miserable tomorrow. "You work anywhere?" he asked her.

Kira nodded, smiling at him. "I work as a Composer for Disney." She said to him, smiling nicely. "I end up losing a lot of sleep because of it, but I don't mind." She said to him. She knew she was withholding her past from him, but she had never told anyone. Not even Chelsea. She picked up her chopsticks, taking a large bite of her ramem. She moved one seat over, and a little closer so she could hear him better over the clatter of the restaurant around her.

Jacob's eyes brighten at the mention of her career, a large smile coming to his face. "That is so cool! I'm freaking jealous of you, I practically grew up on Disney!"

With a slight blush after realizing he was somewhat ranting, he gave a sheepish chuckled and said "I-I mean... yeah, thats cool... hehe" he proceeded to take a large bite of his ramen to shut himself up for a little while he composed himself. After swallowing he smiled and said "I just work over at TopMan, the clothing shop over at the open mall. Nothing terrible, it pays my bills at least" he said with a chuckle. He noticed that she had taken another seat closer to him, and decided that he would take the last seat that was in between them so that they were right next to each other. "So Kira, I... I know we just met but I was wondering, you wouldnt happen to... I dont know... be free some time in the future? I'm having a great time talking with you and I hoped I could possibly... have another chance to do so." he said with a blush.

Kira smiled at him. "Yeah. I did to. Pretty inspirational company to little kids, and surprisingly, a lot of adults and teens." She said happily, thinking about how people would love her music in the future. She smiled just thinking about it, laughing at his attempt to be cooler than his first outburst at her job. She noticed that he had moved the last seat until he was sitting beside her. She blushed as she felt his arm touch hers slightly, retracting it almost immediately. She blushed as he proposed a date, but realized that he probably meant a date to just hang out. "Like a hang out? Sure. I would love too." She said, trying to blink back the sleep that was suddenly brought to her attention.

'She... just wants to hang out? Wonderfull...' thought Jacob to himself, though he saw this as an opportunity to get to know her better. He also noticed that she had kind of flinched back whenever their arms brushed... perhaps she really did have a mark and she was keeping her distance. Nonetheless he smiled and said "Awesome! There is a few new movies coming out this week, and I also thought we could check out this awesome restaurant I came across yesterday. It is called Western Pepper, kind of like a Tex-Mex kind of place. How does that sound?"

Kira smiled and looked down, avoiding his skin. She didn't want to touch him, it caused to much emotional pain for her. Not only that, it reminded her of her lack of mark. She did her best to keep up her happy exterior despite the flash of memories that she revived from the short contact with his arm. "It sounds like a great plan!" She said. It sounded a bit more like a date rather than a hang out. She bit down on her lip as she tried to think of when she was free. "I think I have time tomorrow." She said.

Jacobs eyes brightened up, that was his day off! "Thats awesome, we can meet up at the movie, or maybe I can pick you up? Ill let you make that choice." he said to her as he took a few more bites of his food. He noticed she seemed a little sleepy and he cocked his head to the side and chuckled. "I hope Im not that boring for you" he said jokingly.

Kira shook her head, taking another bite of food. She slurped up the noodles, smiling a bit. "You don't bore me, honest." She said, laughing a bit. No matter how sleepy she was, her eyes would never close for long enough. She smiled lightly, searching in her pockets for a piece of paper. Once she found one, and a pen, she wrote down her address. "Come pick me up there." She said to him.

jacob took the address and placed it in his wallet, the go to place for all his important paper scraps. "Sounds good to me, any specific time?" he asked her. One of the waitresses came and he paid his tab for the ramen, leaving a five dollar tip in the process. He never liked the idea of a tip calculator, he tipped based on how well he thought a person did, and he believed they did a worthy five dollar tip job. "So, have you gotten any compositions out yet for your career or are there just some works in progress?" he asked her.

Kira smiled as she looked at him. "None yet, but I am working on an entire score for the next movie. I would tell you, but that would be violating my code of secrecy that I signed." She said to him, shrugging. "You can pick me up at 5." She said to him, paying for her ramen, which she had now finished. She grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder. "And don't be surprised if you find me playing a instrument." She said to him, getting ready to leave for her job again.

Jacob smiled and looked clearly impressed, "Well I look forward to hearing it once this movie comes out" he said happily as he walked with her out of the restaurant. "Well, I gotta head out, but I cant wait to see you again tomorrow" he said happily to her as he began walking backwards slowly down the sidewalk, waving to her before turning back around and making his way home.

Kira smiled. "Alright, see you tomorrow." She called to him, waving and turning back around. She let her body relax, a wave of exhaustion wash over her, a groan escaping her mouth. She hadn't slept in days, and it was really starting to show. she had put on makeup to avoid being seen as a sleep deprived girl with bags under her eyes.

She continued on her way to work. She decided to head in just for a bit before going back to her place and continue her writing. She liked her office, but she didn't want to stick around. She knew everyone would still be gushing over that girl's cubicle. Besides, when she was at home she could relax. She entered her office, finding the room she was using, taking up her music as she headed for the exit.

Jacob walked down a few more blocks before coming across his apartment complex over at Ivystone Apartments. He lived on the third floor of the second building. It wasnt a terrible place, the neighbors were quiet for the most part and it was in a better part of town. He unlocked his door and walked in, the noise and bustle of the city silencing as soon as his door shut.

Quiet.

This was a sound he had grown quite used to over the years. So much that he preferred it sometimes over having company. Granted he still liked to be social, but when you go as many years as he did living alone, you tend to cling onto the things you are used to. But it wasnt like he was completely alone. The small 'meow' brought his attention down to his feet where his black and white cat Smudge was rubbing against his leg. He picked the cat up and walked further into the house. He set the cat on the ground and pulled out a can of cat food, Smudge mewling happily as his human fed him. Jacob then went to change into his workout clothes, a pair of basketball shorts and a sleeveless shirt, along with running shoes. He walked out of his house and to the community area of the complex where there was a fitness center available for tenants. After a warm up stretch, he began his workout at the weight bench.

Kira looked at her apartment complex for a long time. It was large, close to the center of LA. She sighed, walking in towards the apartment. She walked into the grand hall, greeting the front lady with a friendly head nod. She kept walking, going into the elevator. She gave the man who was standing next to her a friendly head nod before the doors closed, trapping them both inside a mirrored prison.

She tapped her foot on the floor as they shot up the shaft towards the top floor. Since she had been working for Disney for a long time, and she had been getting pay raises, she decided to buy the pent house. She watched the doors open, letting another guy out onto his floor and closing as it let her up. As soon as it got to her floor, she stepped out, fishing out her key and unlocking the door. She sighed and looked around as she opened the door. She stared out the windows that looked over the city, the view oddly stunning. There was a grand piano in the middle of it, a chandelier hanging from the second floor that hung over the piano. She dropped her bag and walked over to the piano, petting her cat which was sleeping on the bench and sitting down to play.

Jacob had spent around an hour in that gym. Though he started on a bench press, most of his exercises were legs, and he found it increasingly difficult to walk up the stairs when he had finished. After a much deserved meal and shower, he sat down on his couch with Smudge curled in his lap and flipped on the tv. As he watched it, he couldnt help but think back to his meeting with Kira, feeling a gentle smile come across his lips as he thought of her.

Kira stood on the patio outside, the sun streaming over the patio as she stared at the horizon. Her cat was still on the bench as she raised the bow into the air, placing the bow on the strings and dragging it across, beginning to play her favorite Dream Works theme. She smiled, letting the breeze flow though, as she played calmly.

Dylan Rose Bryant, Brown
"Have a nice day, sir! Thank you for shopping at Reading Wonderland!"

Dylan waved as she watched the man leave out of the store. With a sigh, the smile that was on her face slipped off as she leaned on the counter in front of her. It was a slow day today. Not too many people were coming in and buying things. They were mostly coming in to use their free Wi-Fi, which Dylan was making use of right now. Scrolling through her Tumblr, she thought about the mark that was on her body, the mark that's been ice cold since forever. She had gave up on finding her soulmate, getting so used to the cold temperature that it was warm to her now.

"Dylan, since you aren't busy as of right now, can you go restock the manga section? We got a new shipment and I'm too busy to do it myself," one of her co-workers, an older lady, asked her.

Putting away her phone and straightening up, the brunette smiled and nodded. "Of course, Mrs. T." She called her Mrs. T for her actual name was something she couldn't pronounce to save her life.

Mrs. T smiled at her and thanked her before disappearing to do....whatever it was that she was doing. Dylan went to the manga section were a new shipment of books were on a cart and ready to be put up. She started to put them where they belonged, fighting the urge to pick up a volume of Fairy Tail or Brothers Conflict. You need to focus on work and work alone! You can buy it and read it later, she told herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finding a book shop which said it had openings Benji walked in seeing a worker he walked over.

"Hey, there was a sign saying there were openings? Where would I apply?"

He said as he smiled as the girl seemed to be distraught, then hoping Jon could find him in the middle of the store.​

Status
Not open for further replies.