Distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
"An open mall? Ehat do they do when it rains? Do they have tarps laying aroind or something?" Jon began walking beside him.

Jon chuckled softly a Ben's comment. "I think we will be great freinds Benji." he smiled at the other male And paused with him. Jon had that urge again, to tell him his secret, if anything, he should tell before he got too attatched...
Right?

But, this boy seemed so wonderful and Jon enjoyed his presence. He didn't want to ruin that, but he didn't want to lie either.

Jon stood there contemplating before finally reaching a conclusion.

"Uhm...
I have a small thing that I should tell you, just for your information."
Before Ben could respond, he lifted his sleeve to show the empty area where his mark should've been.

Then immediately regretted it.

What if Ben didn't like Lessers?
What if it got around that he was unmarked?
What if someone tried to kill him again?

Ben was gladdened when the boy didn't get awkward when he said he hoped to be great friends.

"I have a small thing I should tell you just for information" Ben heard as he looked over at Jon confused and as he looked he saw a markless arm...

"You're a lesser!?" Ben said quietly enough no one heard but loud enough to know there was excitement Ben pulled Jon into an alley..

"Wait so you're actually a lesser?" He said smiling with glee, he wasn't alone totally forgetting to tell Jon he was a lesser aswell.​

A gasp escaped Jonathan's lips as he was pulled into an alley. Jon sighed in relief, it seemed Ben didn't care and was actually excited.

"Yeah... So, you don't mind?"
he asked, just for clarification, a small smile on his lips. Did he make an actual friend?

"Don't mind? Of course I don't mind, oh wait I'm so stupid!"

Ben spoke quickly as he rose his sleeve to his shoulder

"See I don't have a mark either!"

He said smiling and looking at Jon for reassurance that he didn't care.​

Jonathan's eyes widened as a grin crept across his face. "Jeez. I've never seen another Lesser. Err.. the story I told you knowing a Lesser was kind of a lie to .... uh... test you I guess. I was moreas referring to myself." Jon reached out and lowered Ben's sleeve before pulling his own sleeve down.

"Yeah, I did the same thing don't worry you're not alone"

Benji said as he smiled and continued to walk with Jon..

"You know wow that was one heck of a coincidence."​

Kira sighed, having just come out of her office for her lunch break. The sun was shining, and the birds where chirping, but she wasn't happy. She was in another state of depression again, her life drifting on. Today one of her co workers had gotten engaged and everyone threw a huge celebration. The only difference is that they where all marked, they all had some way to know when they found the one, some way to know. For all she knew she could be stuck like this for the rest of her life. She tugged on her three quarters sleeve, making sure it was kept over the desired spot. She could not have anyone noticing her and making her even more depressed than she already was.

Kira continued to walk, until she found a small Japanese restaurant which looked pleasantly empty of couples at the moment. She smiled a bit and pushed open the door, saying a greeting to the cooks and the hostess before sitting down at the ramen counter and ordering a big bowl of ramen.

Jonathan chuckled softly. "I can agree, I just moved here. Maybe I moved here to find you." Jon's hand brushef the scar on his neck.

It was quite an occurrence, wasn't it. To move and immediately find another Lesser.

He turned his head and smiled at the boy.
"Where do you live around here? Maybe I can drop by sometime. Or, if you don't like where you're at, you can be my roommate."

Ben found the last statement funny, just to find a friend?

"I um actually don't live anywhere."

Ben said embarrassingly as he fixed his bookbag holding all his belongings. As he blushed deeply.

"I also can't pay for rent so I wouldn't be good it's been a year or so on the streets I'm okay out here"

He didn't wanna burden on Jon and he didn't have the money to help pay the rent. Arriving at The Grove he entered with Jon​

Jon cocked his head at the blushing teen.. "Oh... I... Well, I still don't mind you staying and whatnot, It'd be nice to have company. Someone like you shouldn't live on the streets. But if you'd rather not, thats fine." They stepped into The Grove. Jon glanced around at the ddifferent stores and immediately took off towards a place selling ice-cream, pulling Ben with him.

Jon was a glutton for ice-cream.

Being pulled by Jon they went to the ice cream store, Ben hadn't had ice cream in forever, as he rarely spent his money.

(Insert you ordering for ice cream here)

"Yeah, I'll have a chocolate chip cookie dough cone two scoops" Ben ordered after Jon and paid for both Jon and him.

"So how old are you?" Ben asked feeling silly not knowing so.​

Jon and Ben strode into the store together and Jon ordered chocolate swirl cone with two scoops. Before he could protest, Ben paid for them, causing Jon to feel slightly guilty due to the fact that the other teen seemed to not have a major amount of money.

He sighed softly and walked through The Grove beside Benji. "Me... I'm seventeen, I'll be switching up to eighteen this next September." he replied to his question. "What about you? "

@Dramma

Last edited:
"I'm 17, I just turned 17, almost 2 months ago" Benji said as he ate the ice cream.

"Woah this is really good, I haven't had ice cream in a while"

Benji laughed as he looked at Jon and saw TopMan oh did he love to window shop there.

"Lets go in there, they have the best clothes!"

Benji laughed as he pulled Jon into the store and the mens clothes walking up to the sweaters and running his hand down the sleeve as he walked through them he just loved this store so much..​

Jonathan squeaked as he was pulled into the store, then began to chuckle with the boy as they roamed up and down the men's clothing section.
"This is all rather expensive though. Are you sure you can pay for it?" Jon pulled out his wallet and wiggled in front of Ben's face, "Here," he plopped the wallet in the other teen's hands, "Knock yourself out Benji, all the money I'll need for rent and food this month is in the bank, so there is no loss when it comes to spending this." Jon thought back to buying the apartment and how much it had cost.

The man had given him $300 when he was dropped off in L.A. and the downpayment for the apartment was a little less than $200 so...
He had a bit over $100 dollars of free money in the wallet.

The money in the bank was directly linked to his parent's bank account, they never took care of him anyways, so Jon saw no harm in taking the money they should have used to care for him in the first place.

Jon smiled at the boy who now held his wallet.

Jacob had just finished his shift at TopMan and was getting ready to leave. He had changed out of his work shirt and back into his dark gray t-shirt that he had gotten from this store, it being his favorite one. That was one of the benefits of working here, the employee discount on the stores items. He grabbed his water bottle that he kept in the back and clocked out, noticing the two young men that had just walked in, one of them admiring the sweaters. Before leaving, he stopped by and gave a kind smile, "If you want a recommendation, this rack is having a clearance special, buy two, get another free" he said, pointing to one of the nearby sweater racks.

He then left and headed down the street when his stomach began to growl. He had skipped lunch today and he was now regretting it. After some browsing, he came across an almost empty japanese restaurant and decided he was hungry for that. He opened the door and nodded his greetings to the workers before throwing away the plastic bottle and making his way to a free seat. He noticed a girl at the ramen counter and was surprised to see such a pretty girl sit by herself. He shrugged internally and figured her boyfriend might be in the restroom or something and sat down a few seats away from her, ordering his own bowl of ramen. He decided to make a small joke to her saying, "Well, instead of heating it up in a microwave at home, i suppose I'll let someone else do it for me" he chuckled and smiled at the girl. knowing that restaurant ramen was a lot better made and better tasting than store bought stuff.

As a random man told them about the buy one get one free Benji walked over as Jon handed him a wallet

"No no, Thank you but I can't accept this" Benji said as he shook his head

Touching the sweater on the clearance rack he realized they were about $30. Benji fished in his wallet to find $15.

"How about this I pay $15 for this and you pay the other $15 and we both get a sweater we want?"

Benji said as he smiled, as it was getting closer to winter he did need a sweater sleeping in the cold wasn't good as he thought of Jon's offer to be his roommate. Thinking back to last winter where he couldn't wash up in the water being too cold and public showers where to expensive..

"Wait nevermind I don't want a sweater, that's silly of me"

Benji said not wanting to bring up the roommate idea again because he didn't have a job yet still even if he couldn't help with the rent he didn't feel like he deserved to live there

"Um, do you mind if I look around for a place hiring while we're here?"

Benji asked while he laughed a little bit realizing it might have been awkward to ask that.​

"Not at all. Go ahead and grab a job."

Jonathan smiled and ushered the boy away. When Ben was out of sight, he turned to the nearest employee and bought the sweater Ben had been looking at. Along with Ben's sweater, he bought himself another and took a free one with a nice purple shade. Jonathan quickly got the sweaters bagged separately and stuffed them into his backpack before throwing it on his back and searching around for the other teen.

@Dramma

Last edited:
Kira smiled as she broke her chop sticks. She was in the middle of a large bite when the man next to her talked. She let out a short squeak, slurping up the rest of it. She blushed, wiping her mouth gently. "I guess so. But I have never really made good ramen." She said a bit bashfully, putting on a gentle smile.

Jacob chuckled a little as she said this, not noticing her bashfulness and was just happy she replied. After receiving his own bowl, he took his chopsticks and began to eat as well. "Well, fresh noodles over dried noodles in a cup are a definite difference." he said after a bite, smiling over at her. He then began to pick at the bits of chicken he had ordered in it as well, saying "Plus the fact they use fresh ingredients to add to it make it a hell of a lot better."

After a couple seconds to take another bite, he turned to her and said "The name is Jacob, whats your name?"

Kira smiled a bit. "Kira, my name is Kira." She said to him. She shuffled on her seat, staring at the ground. She poked her chopsticks into the noodles, blushing slightly as she did so. She was not sued to being under the vision of others, especially men. Then again, she would never know when she would find the right one, but it didn't hurt to flirt along the way. Though she was hopeless at flirting. She sighed and looked at the table. "I agree, the ingredients are quite good."

Status
Not open for further replies.