Distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well I am honored that I got to be the one to meet you" Jacob said happily as they got out and made their way to the restaurant. "Ive never been to the Expo, I hope to go there next time it comes around." he said as they neared the restaurant. He opened the door to the building so that Kira could walk in and followed suit, and the two were seated rather quickly. As Jacob read through the menu, he looked to Kira and said "So how many instruments do you play?"

As soon as Kira stood up again, her exhaustion hit her like a ton of bricks. She tried not to show that she was wobbling, and that her vision was swirling. Man she was glad she had worn her flats today. She walked in before him, sitting down at their table across from him. Sitting helped a bit, but not much. She felt drained, like she needed sleep, but her body wouldn't shut down till it had to. She tried to focus on the words sitting in front of her on the menu, eventually giving up.

Once again she looked like she would pass out at any moment. He set down his menu and looked at her with concern, but stern eyes. "Kira." he said evenly, "You look like you havent slept at all. Are you sure youre ok? It feels like I will have to carry you home at any moment now once you decide to pass out."

He leaned forward, his forearms pressing against the table as he looked into her tired eyes.

Kira looked up at him, her eyes blinking slowly. She waved it off, looking at him. "I am fine." She insisted, looking at him. She didn't want to make another person worry about her, especially not someone like him. She decided some water on her face might help and she stood from her chair. "I am, going to go to the restroom, I'll be back." She said, turning towards the restroom. Though she had barely made it a few feet before her vision went dark and she only had one thought.

Oh shit.

It didnt take long for someone to notice the passed out Kira at the womens restroom, and Jacob immediately made his way over to where they had carried her out and was trying to wake her up. Jacob let them know he was with her and he picked her up, carrying her out of the crowded restaurant and setting her down so she leaned against him. He took a wet cloth and held it over her forehead, hoping to get her to wake up long enough to let her know he was going to take her home so she could get some rest.

Kira could feel something picking her up, but she was not at ease. She was twitching, and having nightmares. She was shaking already when Jacob picked her up. As if she was awake, she curled into him, her eyes staining with tears as she was forced to dream again. This is why she never slept, because she was afraid of what lied behind her eyelids.

Jacob could sense that she was dreaming by the way she twitched. And he knew that she wasnt having the most pleasant of them either. He had no way of trying to stop her nightmares, but that didnt stop him from holding her close and gently, hoping having someone holding her would ease her mind and let her sleep a little more soundly.

"Kira... its ok, Im right here and Im not going anywhere." he said to her gently, rocking her back and forth slowly.

Kira seemed to twitch a little less, but not by much. A few minutes later, she broke out into full sobs, holding onto his shirt with her fingers and pressing her face into his chest. Even though she was dreaming, it was like reliving the past for her. That is why she never slept. Every time her eyelids closed, she saw them, and she couldn't do anything about it.

Jacob couldnt stand seeing her this way anymore, and with a gentle shake, he began to say her name. "Kira, Kira come on, wake up, you need to wake up for me Kira... please." he said to her as she cried into his shirt. He held her close, letting her know that he wasnt going to let her go, she needed someone to hold her for now, the way she was so shaken up, he needed to make sure she would be ok... he needed to be there...

Kira stayed that way for a few seconds before awaking with a gasp. She blinked for a few moments before looking up at him, her cheeks turning cherry pink as she tried to rub her eyes, ultimately getting mascara on her sleeve. "Sorry." She whispered, sitting up a bit. She figured now that she had freaked him out, he would probably pity her.

Jacob fixed her with a gentle smile as he kept a hand on her back, should she fall back once again. "Gad to see youre finally up" he said with a small chuckle, "You feel ok?" he asked her, deciding it would be best he stick around, not wanting to leave her like this. Others who had gathered around had already lost interest and were going on with their days but Jacob stayed right where he was. "I can take you home if you'd like, but I would feel bad if I just left you. Hows about I make you some dinner instead? I can make a pretty awesome lasagna if you're hungry for that." he said with a wider smile.

Kira looked up at him, feeling his warm hand press into her back gently as she sat in his arms. She blushed darker, an stared at him. "If you really don't mind just taking me home." She said. "You can do whatever, just, don't leave me." She whispered gently, holding onto him as she pressed her face back into his chest gently.

Jacob felt a flutter in his chest as she asked him not to leave her, and his own face blushed a deep red as her face pressed into his chest once more. e felt a gentle smile forming on his lips as the flutter never left his beating heart. "Im not going anywhere" he said to her, picking her up bridal style and carrying her to the car. He took all the care that he could to gently set her in the car and buckle her in before getting in himself and driving to her home. Once he parked, he carried her out once more, not setting her down even once he was in the elevator. They made it to her door and he gently set her on her feet so she could take out her keys and unlock the door for them.

Kira had said something so embarrassing, and she wasn't even sure why it had slipped though her lips either. She kept her face buried in his chest as she listened to the hammering of his heart, trying hard to cover her blush. But what she said was true, she didn't want him to leave. Most people left her in the dust, to fend for herself.

Kira dropped from his arms, wobbling a bit as she tried to stand before fishing for her key, pulling it out and sliding it in the door handle, shoving the door open. She smiled a bit, greeted by the stunning view out her windows. Chi bounded off the bench of the grand piano eagerly, darting towards her master.

It took Jon a bit, but he eventually found Ben attempting for a job at a book store, he checked among several of the books and even decided to buy the new J.K Rowling book (hint, hint). After doing so, he walked up besode Benji. "Any luck with a job so far?" he asked the other teen, adjusting his backpack because it had loosened during his search for Ben.

Jacob kept a gentle hand around her waist to help her stand up right as she slowly made her way into the apartment. The view from here was breathtaking as he let out a small "wow" as he looked out the windows, she had a pretty awesome home. Her cat came over to them, rubbing its head against both of their legs as it purred loudly. Jacob walked Kira over to the couch where he helped her sit down, sitting down next to her with a small sigh. He looked over to her and smiled as her cat jumped into her lap and he said "Well, I can see what allyou have and I can cook us up a little something. Sound good?"

Kira could feel his strong hands gripping her waist, which almost made her want to cover up and hide forever. She may not have been that thick, but she was still fairly curvy and it was kind of embarrassing. She sat down gently on the couch, Chi curling into her lap as she sat down. She smiled and petted the little kitten softly, smiling. "Sure, go ahead." She said.

Jacob smiled and made his way to her... rather incredible looking kitchen. Looking through the pantries and such, he pulled out various ingredients for the lasagna and began to cook. He thought back to when he was carrying her, a blush coming to his face as he thought about how pretty the girl was. She was definitely physically attractive... her figure was something he liked for sure... he shook his head at the thoughts, his blush deepening. Of course she wouldnt be interested...she probably just was entertaining the thought of someone being nice. But still, he was happy he was spending time with her. Soon enough he put the lasagna into the oven and set the timer, in which he called back to Kira, "You want something to drink? I can grab you a little something if youd like"

"I got one at the bookstore" Benji said as he realized where he was awaking in a bed.

"Oh my" Ben decided to shower and get out using his old sweater to dry himself off and threw it in his bookbag and got dressed.

"Thanks for um letting me sleep over and use the bathroom, It was really helpful"

Benji said as he saw the bag from topman on the counter giving Jon a questioning look.​

As soon as he left, Kira lifted up her sleeve and exposed the empty spot where her mark should have been. She stared at it for a while, wishing that it was there so she would know what to do again. He was handsome, and smart, and caring, and she couldn't help but fall for him. But as he called to her, she quickly pulled it down again, turning towards him. "Uh, just water." She said.

Status
Not open for further replies.