Distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before he knew it, Jacob noticed that it was getting dark outside. He had already had dinner and figured now was a better time than ever to head on and get some sleep. Or at least lay in bed and browse the internet for a few hours. He got in bed after turning out the lights and removed his shirt, grabbing his phone as his cat jumped up and made himself comfortable at the foot of the bed. He browsed around, mostly on 9Gag and Tumblr before he yawned and set it down. Silent... A sound he was used to, but wished he wasnt. He thought about getting to see Kira again tomorrow and that at least put a smile on his face before he went to sleep.

Kira had played until the sun set. She sighed and went inside. She placed her violin by the grand piano and sat down, staring at the moon as she started to play her favorite song. She sighed as she sank into the song, watching the hours of the night pass by. Her body moved sluggishly as her body told her to sleep. But her mind was awake. She would not close her eyes, because as soon as she did, the nightmares would come back. She just played though the night, until the sun rose.

The next day came rather quickly, and Jacob was up drinking his morning coffee and getting ready for his usual run. Lacing his running shoes and feeding Smudge, he made his way out and began his usual route. This contained about a four mile path through the city, weaving through block after block, finishing at the general store about four blocks from his apartment. He stopped in and purchased a protein drink from the store before heading back home, showering and having breakfast that consisted of a toasted bagel, two scrambled eggs, a couple slices of bacon, and a tall glass of orange juice.

The main part of the day wast spent watching netflix and playing with Smudge, but soon enough it became time to go pick up Kira. He got dressed and headed to his car, which he was proud to say was his first big purchase in a while. It was a 2015 Nissan Versa, charcoal colored and a stick shift. He made sure to keep it as clean as he could make it be. Looking up the directions, he made his way to her apartment home... soon to realize, this girl must be pretty well paid to live in this area! He looked in awe at the apartment buildings that dwarfed his own. Soon he found her building, taking the elevator to her floor and finding her door, ringing the bell as he waited for her to open it up.

Kira finally saw the light come over the horizon, and she breathed a sigh. She almost saw every morning, and after the first ten times or so, it wasn't as magical. Her fingers were sore from playing and her eyes where bloodshot and there where a few tears stained on her cheeks. She sniffled a bit, her eyes threatening to close as she pried them open.

After a few hours, she grabbed a coffee, downing almost the entire thing. She worked, and she came home, and started getting ready. Even though she knew she was just hanging out with the guy, but he was pretty cute. Though like most, he was probably marked and wouldn't want anything to do with her. She shook all of the feelings off and continued to get ready. She chose a simple shirt, beanie, small piercings and large beanie. She left her hair down, and just as she was finishing up, she heard a ring at the door. She jumped and walked towards the door, looking though the peep hole before opening it, looking out shyly. "Hi." She said softly.

Jacob smiled as she answered the door, still as shy as she was yesterday, "Hey you" he replied happily. To be honest, the shyness was pretty cute, whoever shared her mark would be a damn lucky guy. He considered himself lucky that she even gave him the time of day. Most girls he had ever managed to have conversation with would ditch him mere minutes within, considering that he had no mark... obviously.

"Ill be honest, I was pretty excited about seeing you today" he said kindly, hoping to ease her shyness a little. "Are you ready to go? I figure we could get some dinner first before we go see a movie. Sound good to you?"

Kira was fighting off sleep, though the fact that her eyes where greeted by the sight of Jacob helped a bit. She felt a bit more awake, but none the less, exhausted. She made an effort to smile and open the door a bit more, her boundless ball of energy that was Chi coming towards the door as well, her little bell ringing as she moved. Kira let out a little chuckle and picked her up. "Oh yeah, this is Chi." She added, smiling at him.

Jacobs eyes lit up as he saw the cat that came over to greet them, and he reached out to pet it on its head as was habit for him. Realizing he probably should have asked, he pulled back his hand and blushed a little "Sorry, I have a cat of my own back home, so I kind of just pet them out of habit when I see them" he said with a sheepish chuckle. He then couldnt help but notice that she seemed to be kind of tired, like she was straining to keep her eyes open. With some concern in his eyes, he asked her "Hey, did you sleep well? You seem kinda tired."

Kira shook her head, smiling widely. "You can pet her all you want." She said to him, nodding. Chi purred happily and Kira placed her on the ground, the cat rubbing around his legs in a greeting. She laughed a bit, but then he asked her if she was ok and she shook her head. "I am fine. No problems at all!" she said, still struggling to keep her eyes open.

Jacob kept his concerned gaze for a bit but smiled, not wanting to push the matter if she didnt want it to be pushed. "Well, ok then, but if you feel tired, feel free to let me know, im perfectly ok with going ou-... I- I mean hanging out another day"

Dangit man you almost ruined it! Youre lucky enough she is even wasting her time on you! He chastised himself mentally, keeping his smile. He then turned slightly, giving her space to walk out of her door as he said to her "Are you ready to go?"

Kira smiled. "It's fine. I think I will be able to manage for today." She said happily as she walked out the door. She took her key and locked it behind her, smiling at him. "I am perfectly ready to go." She said to him, walking towards the elevator. She pressed the button and waited, smiling at him. "It usually takes a while to get to the top floor." She said.

Jacob chuckled and leaned against the wall as they waited for the elevator. "No kidding, I thought Id never reach up here" he said in response. "Its a beautiful complex, Disney must keep you pretty well off for a place like this" he said in a complimentary tone. When it came to money, he didnt care about it more than he did a persons personality. Most folks who are rich tend to keep a snobby attitude and never really socialize with middle class, but she definitely wasnt like others. She was kind, funny, talented... cute

He blushed at the thought and rubbed the back of his head slightly before chuckling and saying, "Im glad you accepted my invitation to spend time today, to be honest hardly anyone even gives me the time of day" he chuckled as he looked at her, hoping he wasnt boring her. "What about you? You got a lot of friends?"

Kira let out a little laugh, but as he asked about her friends, her inner self turned a bit bitter at this thought, though she still had one friend. She only let a smile show as she thought of the one friend she had. "Yeah, I have a few." She lied, rubbing the back of her head. Soon enough the elevator came, letting out a soft ding as it arrived. She blushed and got inside, her vision dissorienting a bit since she moved from her still spot. She shook her head and leaned against the rail softly.

Jacob nodded as she answered his question, of course someone like her had friends. Hell, there must be all kinds of people lining up to hang out with her. The elevator soon arrived after what seemed like forever and they both went in. The elevator ride was quiet, and soon enough they were leaving the building and toward his car. As they got there, he opened the passenger door for her so she could sit inside before he would get into the drivers side. Within the minute they were off on the road toward the restaurant. "So Kira, how long have you been making music?" he asked her curiously.

Kira got into his car as they reached it, sliding into the passenger seat. It was kind of nerve racking, being alone with a boy again. It was always like this. Pulse elevated, eyes as open as could be, and always on alert. Lots of things happen when you are alone with boy's, though she would hate to think he was that kind of man. She cleared her throat a bit, trying to keep her vision a bit steadier. "I have been making music for years." She said.

Why does she seem so... scared? thought Jacob as they drove down the road, noticing her wide eyes and rigid stature. He wondered what made her seem so tense, but he didnt dwell on it. To lighten the mood, he opened the center console and pulled out a small stack of cd's "If you wanna take a look through, you can pick a cd you like and play it." he said to her with a smile. She would find that the stack of cd's had all kinds of genres and styles of music, so picking something she would like hopefully wouldnt be an issue. There were cds for rock, hip hop, dubstep, rock orchestra, even piano solos. One of the cds even read Vocaloid on the front, showing other japanese symbols along with it.

Kira hesitantly looked inside, browsing the music. Anything not super up to date would have been her first choice, but she nearly stopped dead at the vocaloid track. Almost by magic, she flipped the CD out at the speed of light and opened it, sliding it in without a word. She absolutely loved vocaloid, it was her favorite.

Jacob chuckled as she put in the vocaloid cd at an inhuman speed, so fast that he thought she put the cd in long before the radio could register it being put in! "Something told me you might like that" he said with a smile as the first track, Kocchi Muite, Baby! began to play, the upbeat rock sounding song causing Jacob to smiled and nod his head to the beat of the song, his mouth mimicking the words to the song, though he had no idea what he was saying.

Kira looked at him for a moment, before letting out a laugh. "You have no idea what she is saying do you." She asked him, already knowing exactly what the words where. She knew it backwards, forwards, and sideways, if that was possible. She continued singing along to the song, her feet tapping on the floor as she hummed along to the song.

"Not a clue!" said Jacob happily as he bobbed his head to the beat, happily singing along with the song. Soon the song ended, only to be revamped with Po Pi Po as the next song, causing Jacob to laugh a bit louder and bob his head faster at the fast paced song. He had trouble keeping up with the words as he was busy laughing and enjoying himself with Kira. The song went all the way through until eventually they made it to the restaurant where he parked and shut the car off. He didnt hide his smile as he looked at her and said "That was the most fun ive had riding around town, we need to do this more often"

Kira spent the entire car ride, going from humming to full out jamming the songs in his car. Her nerves had been replaced by ease as the car slowly slid to a stop. As he said something, she let out a laugh. "It has been a long time since I have meet another vocaloid fan aside from Miku Expo." She said to him, smiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.