• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
VhkoLdS.png

=============
Madelon Vallois

Despite being of frail body, she nevertheless stunted the descent of Yohan at least somewhat enough to give him some comfort... As far as slamming into the concrete could be comfortable. A better fate than Onyx, nevertheless. Madelon promptly fell over onto her rear the moment her arms fell through, frightened of catching the young man with her shoulders or back, or worse, her head. Perhaps it was Yohan's swiftness, but Madelon's brief exposure earned little more than a transient blush as she composed herself and stood with a rush.

She frowned, listening intently as the two boys exchanged banter. With all six feet on the ground, they were 'safe'... at least from anti-gravity phenomenon. Madelon blinked as she looked about at the carbon-copy buildings that stood around their own. Beyond being a newfound world, it appeared depressingly empty. What came to her mind first were thoughts of a world not meant to be lived in. A place you were supposed to be only temporarily. That, or it was a grey prison. But she never committed any crimes, much less inter-dimensional ones, right?

"You two are treating 'zis awfully nonchalantly," she spoke up, crossing her arms, "But two minutes ago you were floating away into oblivion, and now you are speaking of chasing a gunshot?" Madelon scoffed. "It should go 'wizout saying 'zat our time is better spent surviving 'zan chasing danger."

Wen Xifeng

"Yes, we're just as real as you." Xifeng affirmed, briefly giving Caelum the stink-eye for his attempted sarcasm. "My given name is Xifeng. Never did ask this one for his."

Xifeng whipped at the sound of a gunshot. Whatever gun that was, it certainly sounded more powerful than anything that would normally be allowed in the academy city. Giving Caelum a quick nod of agreement, she spared Alice a brief glance.

"If there's a gunshot in the distance, there is a high likelihood of us possibly getting into a fight. If you can't fight, stick behind us and stay down." Xifeng said with a forced sense of calm before following after Caelum.

Alison Engels

~~

Jumping slightly at the sound of the hand cannon, it would not be improper to say it had brought back bad memories of a sort.

Shaking it off, the male had a smart remark. One that was deserved, and the woman gave a polite introduction, but both seemed much the hero sorts, rushing at once to the source, with the male rapidly gaining ground.. Could they be trusted after all?

Questioning the Logic of running towards danger, she also wrestled with the fact she wouldn't want to leave someone injured behind. "I.... um...hi.." Narrowing her one human eye with an exasperated sigh, given the wet surface, there was no way she would be able to run at the pace they ran. Given the sudden speed at which things had developed, introductions could wait, never mind questions.

And without her rapier, there was even less possibility of her contributing to this fight... And even with it, in all honesty she didn't fancy the chances of Gun versus blade. "Hmm.. Maybe I should have taken marksmanship.." Saying that softly to herself, the mechanically legged girl lags behind the two, but tries her best to keep up, holding her food provisions with a grimace, she had no intentions of following them inside, however.

"Of course I'm fucking annoyed! People should at least be trying to work together if things have changed wildly. If someone's lost it already and owns a firearm, then all survivors in this place, us included, are going to be in great danger. It's a major thorn in the side, and I've got no tweezers to yank it out."
Yohan mumbled as Onyx mentioned he found his reaction to the gunshot amusing. He then suggested something ludicrous.

"Don't be daft. We'll never make that jump." Yohan spat dismissively as Onyx suggested they should jump across. If he still had his board, then maybe he could speed across, but his board was completely out of the equation now. He had to rely on his body only for moving around, and risking it on a probably suicidal jump wasn't high on his list of priorities. "It'll take longer, but we can use the stairs. If that shot woman turns out to be dead, tough shit, at least we tried. Jumping across will make more noise and attract the shooter if they're still around, anyway."

As Yohan began to turn to head down the stairs, Madelon spoke up. He paused in thought for a moment, as the girl had a point. Why was he having the sudden urge to just go running into danger just to save people? He supposed it was because he kept telling himself he had nothing better to do, but in reality, there were better things he could be doing. Scavenging for food. Finding answers. Finding a way out of this place. Why did he care about getting in the line of fire for some shot girl?

A trio of dice were at Yohan's feet as he struggled to find an answer for a moment. Not by coincidence, they'd landed on '4-5-6', and must've fallen out when he'd taken his coat off. He swiped them off the ground and pocketed them before replying with a huff.

"So you think I'm making a bad decision?" Yohan murmured, before a stubborn tone began to take over his voice. "...Hmph. I built everything up to getting into this university, and now, it's all been ruined in a blink of an eye. The dream was right there, but it got taken away from me just as I was basking in my victory. The cherry on the cake of shit is that I've now lost my invention. It's not like I've got much to lose anymore." Yohan began to walk down the stairs. "If you want to focus on surviving here, then fine. But I'm at least going to try and help her, danger or not. The more survivors we have in this barren wasteland, the bigger chance we have of rebuilding something. Or better yet, escaping this madness."

Saying all of that felt unnatural. It didn't feel like him at all. The 'him' he knew would've just went: 'actually, you're right, she's probably dead, let's go looking for some things.' Had this place changed his mindset somehow? Either way, Yohan shook his head, before rushing down the stairs regardless of whether Onyx or Madelon chose to follow him, and trying to figure a way up to where the shot girl lay.

Armed with just a suitcase and going towards the location of an armed individual. My brain cells must be deteriorating. ...Perhaps I should've just listened to that woman. I promised myself I was done with gambling.

[fieldbox=Marionette Socke, yellow, solid, 10, Times New Roman][fieldbox=Information, purple, solid, 10, Times New Roman]949420.jpg
Marionette Socke, Location Unknown, Climbing[/fieldbox]

A simple nod of confirmation.
A blank expression as her companion continued.

Up, once more, went her precious belongings.
Up, once more, went her frail figure.
Up, once more, to another Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V floor pulled off by some unnamed god.

Their feet still graced the floor.
No signs of the sky treating them as the debris by the door just yet.
No one to say that wouldn't soon change.

"Right. One more floor. Then we can finally figure out where we are."
That's what she said.
A glance to Alina, and a realization that the strain on her was much greater than the strain she faced herself.
Though mental was just as well as physical, Alina was faced with both.
No idea of where they were, nor any idea of how to get out.
All this while climbing and helping someone else to the top.

"We're taking a break," Marionette spoke, her tone like that of a captain issuing an order.
It wasn't hard for one who'd convinced themselves a goddess to talk in such a manner without a second thought.

"Once your arms and legs are relaxed, we'll reach the top. We want to be ready for whatever is up there."

That's what she said.
But she knew they didn't have time to be idle.
Maybe it was simply selfishness - she wanted to make sure Alina wouldn't mind continuing with her case.
Or maybe it was compassion - she didn't want Alina to fall.
Or maybe it was selfishness still - she didn't want to be alone in this world.

Bobbed hair shook left and right.
Those weren't thoughts right for a goddess.
Of course she cared for Alina as one of her people, even if she had only met her.
Had she not been so occupied with their present situation, she might've noticed the irony in all of it.

A goddess being guided by a mortal in a world unbeknownst to her.

"Are you ready?" she asked, looking to Alina.
[/fieldbox]

Onyx Norwyn
"Technically speaking, danger is all around us." Onyx said in response to Madelon. "I mean, when gravity itself is trying to kill you, you have to assume nothing is safe. So I'm not sure how one would even go about survivin' this shit-show. But, if we can help someone, we may as well." He commented casually, hands going into his pockets as he turned when Yohan spoke up.

Onyx couldn't help but feel bad, honestly. From the way he spoke, Yohan's future seemed to be based around that board. And seeing as how it was currently gone in a stream of debris because Yohan chose to save him, Onyx knew he owed Yohan a massive debt. Watching Yohan begin to descend down the stairs, Onyx slowly turned back to Madelon before shrugging.

"What we're doin' is really stupid, honestly. Goin' to someone that may have just shot someone to death... Not the smartest thing, so if you don't wanna tag-along, I can respect that. But, just know, surviving in this hellhole without my terrible jokes may be next to impossible." Onyx said with a click of his tongue, finger-gunning Madelon as he backed away before jogging to catch up with Yohan.

His head hurt.

His shoulder was throbbing.

But goddamn was he enjoying this.

Alina shook her head. "I appreciate your concern, but I can compensate for exhaustion and injury."
She looked out at the sky.

grey sun――
――difficult to evaluate time of day by luminosity――――
――――solar cycle not necessarily normal――

"I want to make as much progress as possible before sundown," she said. "Anything else would pose a dire disadvantage that will become irrevocable in, presumably, the next four hours."
Assuming the sun still did what it was supposed to.
"We aren't alone, and we aren't armed," she frowned. "It's not the most secure of combinations."

―Marionette potentially speaking in self-interest――
――possibility that Marionette is of low vitality from transmission――

"I'm ready when you are," she shrugged.

[fieldbox=Marionette Socke, yellow, solid, 10, Times New Roman][fieldbox=Information, purple, solid, 10, Times New Roman]949420.jpg
Marionette Socke, Location Unknown, Overlooking[/fieldbox]
Was she stubborn, or did she simply not want to let Marionette down?
The goddess couldn't tell, nor would she ask.
Her climbing companion had a point; if their progress was discontinued for too long, things would only get worse.

"Up we go, then."
A moment to prep herself, then a mixed gaze as Alina disappeared onto the roof.
Another moment, and a hand extended to receive her case - an act Marionette didn't totally understand.

Once her puppets were to what she assumed was safety, she too grabbed that extended hand.
Dusting herself off, her eyes wandered, lost to an overwhelming bewilderment.
All around them, nothing but destructed buildings, floating debris, and water that seemed to flow almost from nowhere.

It was unlike anything the puppet master had ever seen before.
It was beautiful, extraordinarily so, but at the same time it was terrifying.
It had finally hit the self-proclaimed goddess.

There's a unique fear that comes along with being in such a place; a place where none of the laws of the world you know and love apply.
A simple shake of her head wasn't going to make this go away.
Try as she might to open and close her eyes, this world was here to stay.

For the first time in her life, she had absolutely no idea what to do.
She didn't like it; she didn't like it at all.
Absolute powerlessness and cluelessness - it's a state no sane person would hope to exist in.

Through all her gazing, her eyes seemed to lock in place once she spotted it.
A giant obelisk, towering above all that surrounded it.
Part of her wanted to have nothing to do with it, but part of her still was oddly drawn to it - as though it were beckoning them somehow.

An arm lifted up; a finger pointed forward.
"There," she muttered, her voice almost too low to hear.

"We should head there, right?"

Her stolen gaze managed to break away, unreadable eyes searching for the approval of the only living person she knew existed anymore.
[/fieldbox]

The last thing that Heidemarie expected in peering down one of the destroyed building's windows was the black void of a gun barrel. Leaning down at a slight angle, she froze, hands in place.

It was a weapon she recognized well. A self-contained, obsolete pistol, it was the basis for some of the more cutting-edge designs in her country. While it didn't have the high-pressurized, steel reinforced canisters of newer models, gun collectors and eccentrics still carried them as their sidearm of choice. Her older brother had owned one.

It was never a strong weapon. But right now, with the barrel of the gun pointed at her from the shadows, little of that mattered. Carefully glancing at the unsettling golden glow of a pair of two eyes, she made slow, deliberate movements, raising her hands. Even if she thought ill of the weapon, she respected its power at that range.
But it was for naught. Time seemed to stop as a single finder appeared around the antique weapon's trigger, curling around, and with one decisive action, the pistol recoiled, the single sound of a gunshot blinding the ears of the blonde Krupp girl.

Heidemarie felt the sting of a glancing blow on the side of her head. By some miracle, the shot had missed and gone wide, and so had her eyes at the realization. Not missing a beat, she rushed forward, knowing that the pistol only had one shot; pitching the remains of the evening's meal at the two exposed eyes, the harsh metal chains of her pocket watch found themselves looped around her fist as she launched forward at her aggressor.

"Eat shit!"

It was her bravery, no, her foolhardiness, that saved her.

As the lukewarm contents of her streetside snack fell through the air, the shadowed figure ducked low, form almost sinking into the ground. It had expected that, but had not expected the girl to leap down from her high ground to strike it with her fists. A dull thunk sounded as Heidemarie used gravity and physical strength to drive her fist into the back of its skull, sending the crouched figure's head into the concrete.

The pain from her metal chains cutting into her fingers could be felt, but it was a far-off sensation. Adrenaline was pumping now, her heart rate accelerating as time dilated, each tick of each second becoming slower and slower. She could do this. She could rush this individual down, beat it up before it can recover, and then take away that fancy gun of his. Violent impulses rang through her head as blood seeped from her wounds.

She took another step.

And found herself tumbling down.

It was too fast. The cloaked individual, face-first on the ground, had somehow swung its legs in a 180 degree arc before she could even realize what was going on.

A cold hand slammed into her throat, almost crushing her windpipe.

A cold barrel pointed between her eyes, an empty weapon that absolutely should not have been reloaded at this point.

A pale face with two beautiful, golden eyes stared into her, long black hair becoming curtains around her.

A single word whistled out of its rosebud lips.

"Duplicate."

And Heidemarie, despite her complete understanding of how long it would take for a Thomson Contender to reload, could feel it.

That single-shot antique was granted a second shot.

Alina nodded, her eyes already carving a route through the broken streets.

It was suicidal.
It was insane.
That obelisk was the pinnacle of this madness they had been dropped into.
Moving closer to it was the worst possible move according to all logic.

All of these things crossed her mind.

None of them were given a second thought.

The entire world had an aura of deliration about it.
God himself had collapsed in throes of broken hysteria.
Madness was average here, and average was ordinary.

So, carefully, surgically, Alina's sense of "wrongness" had been cut off.
No manner of darkness that the obelisk could produce would deter her.
Come phantom clockwork, spectral voices, strange lights, ghosts, rains of blood, burning flesh, rising dead, her own maggot-infested corpse...
In this moment, even her most lucid nightmares meant nothing.

The vague malice of one black obelisk was not going to cause her to bat an eyelid.

"Yes," she said. "There. Cut through those streets. It looks like there's an underpass there. I wouldn't trust it, go around it..."
She rattled off mercilessly rapid-fire yet precise instructions to Marionette, complete with the occasional justification and point of a finger, while she began to pace up and down the rooftop as if looking for something.

Marionette Socke, Loccation Unknown, Moving[/fieldbox]
Violet eyes followed every motion that fleshy pointer made.
Informed observations and alternate routes given.
As Alina went on, Marionette slowly regained composure.
Things weren't so hopeless.

The obelisk was dangerous, yes; but perhaps their only option.
Their course charted, their descent began.
Down from atop the roof that gave them such a gloomy sight.
Down into the very depths of gloom itself.

Perilous though their descent was, it seemed nothing compared to what was ahead.
They held knowledge of a shooter's existence, but not of their location nor intentions.
Without any weapons of their own, they were defenseless - walking targets.
Yes, the first matter of business was acquiring some sort of weaponry.

So, after reaching the ground and a short break, they searched.
Marionette, not being much one for combat, could only gather a long piece of wood.
A reminder of just how helpless she really was in this situation.
If they were attacked, she was certain she'd be a hindrance.

The naive answer alluded her - that they simply needn't be attacked.
Of course, such a place as this absolutely denied naive answers.
Instead, all they could do was hope.
Hope that this world's bizarre nature would protect them, somehow.

And so, her weapon of choice in hand, she looked down their decided road.
Whatever might lie ahead was unbeknownst to them.
They'd travel ahead anyway; that was all they could do.
"I'm ready..." she spoke, the confidence still vanished.

As they prepared, that black obelisk continued hanging over them.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Caelan Lughr / Student District, royalblue, solid] It wasn't difficult to hear the "battle cry" from above before the figure disappeared into the building. Wrenching his weapon from the ground, he twirled it a few times as he looked towards the two that had followed him. Clicking his tongue he gestured up the side of the building with his spear. "Stay behind me, and keep an eye out Xifeng! We don't know if there's more than one shooter around!"

The lack of any further yells from the girl above prompted Caelan to move onward. Wet boot soles slipped against the slanted concrete for a moment, before they found grip and he surged up the building. The darkness within the rooms he rushed past prompted him to slide goggles over his eyes with his free hand. Beneath the shaded lenses, his eyes began to adjust and allow him just that much more vision.

Self-beration for being even slightly winded from such a sprint could come later. For now as he reached the window the girl had descended into, Caelan's mind rushed to take in the situation inside the room. The gun model was familiar to him, but despite the impossibility of reloading such a weapon in the time that had passed, the shooter's intention was clear. The shooter's appearance and attire seemed to clash; the ragged cloak did not suit what otherwise seemed like a rather beautiful individual. Irrelevant information, but nonetheless noted for future reference. The one pinned below. One of the Krupp family's. Which one did not come to him at this exact moment, but it was irrelevant information for the moment as well.

Recognizing the shooter's weapon and intent, Caelan had already lashed out with his staff as he took in all the other information. Even stepping forward though, the knife's tip stopped about half a meter from the androgynous figure. A sharp hiss of steam from the base of the spear, and Caelan's grin indicated he wasn't quite done just yet. Gripping and holding the blunted stake in place instead forced the rest of the spear to launch forward, closing the rest of the distance between the knife and his target.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
As Yohan finally reached the bottom of the stairs, one hand clutching a makeshift weapon he'd found - a rebar with a chunk of concrete affixed to the end - and the other holding his empty suitcase. He narrowed his eyes and paused. His original plan was to enter the building the shot woman was in and see how it went from there, but by the looks of things, plans would have to change.

He didn't know how he felt about seeing three other people. It was reassuring in a way, knowing that there were a decent amount of people around in this mad environment, but at the same time, after seeing a girl get shot by another survivor, there was a possibility they could be a threat. A threat he wasn't prepared to deal with, and one he'd definitely have to run away from if it came down to it.

They all looked of military origin. One had a mechanized polearm of some sort. One had one of those overly sharp swords. And one, bizarrely, was half-machine, which meant she was probably a walking weapon. Even if one had hair the same colour as blueberries, it certainly wasn't a group he could pop out and say 'Hello!' to; he wouldn't stand a fucking chance against that if they weren't up for co-operation. Breathing slowly, Yohan kept behind cover and left an eyehole peeking at the group. Looked like they were going in.

"Oh, for goodness sake. ...Looks like people are being drawn to the gunshot like flies to shit. I suppose it's more survivors, which is mildly good, but..." Yohan trailed off, not finishing his sentence. He pondered for a moment. "If they're already on the case and are properly armed, I doubt we're going to do anything impactful by following them. And we don't even know if they're 'friendly' or what have you. They could just be popping over to see if they can get their hands on a gun," Yohan grit his teeth together for a moment impatiently. "Fuck. That's annoying. ...I'm going to wait at the base of the building then, and have a look around. Take my... thing... and go up as well if you think you can help, but I want to make sure everyone who leaves the building is to be trusted."

As said, Yohan settled for waiting at the bottom of the building and trying to listen up to the aftermath, being sure to stay out of sight if possible. He needed to know who was a friend and who was a foe, because for all he bloody knew, the person with the gun could actually be the only good person in the bunch up there. He just needed to decide whether it was worth it to introduce himself to even more people, because he wanted to get his head working on a plan for survival and escape in this place as soon as possible. He wasn't going to die or watch others die from something pathetic like starvation, that was for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wen Xifeng

Xifeng drew her sword as Caelum did his spear, one eyebrow raising in slight annoyance as he presumed to order her around. She let the matter drop for the moment, however. The gunshot and the subsequent yell were of greater importance right now. She followed Caelum up the side of the building, quickly clambering up after him until they'd both reached the room the gunshot emanated from.

One girl perched over the other, with a gun pointed at the downed one's head. Xifeng's knowledge of guns was sadly lacking, but even she knew that a model such as that one was single shot. And yet...the girl in the dominant position clearly had the intent to kill.

Fortunately, Caelum's extending spear stopped the cloaked figure's potential shot for the moment, and Xifeng took the opportunity to move up and ram a boot towards the figure's face to knock them back.

Last edited:
Alison Engels

~~~

"I..I guess I'll take up the rear then!" Alison shouts to the pair as they charge forward. Following as best as she could, their would be a bit of a distance between them. Sighing bitterly, there really was no helping it, unless she planned throwing bread at.. well whoever they were running towards, she wouldn't be much good.

"I should have brought the clippers.." Groaning aloud as she finally catches up, or rather climbs the structure, the other two judging by footfalls were already within and above, if not confronting who ever fired that gun. Gaining her breathe the top hatted girl continues onwards bag in hand. Hips aching, and gears whirling, she hadn't had to move that hard or fast till today.. It was a miracle nothing broke, though she knew the stubs would be bleeding, more likely than not. "..If you want me to run more you better carr..eh.."

Stopping Mid word even as she panted, the small woman can't help but notice the situation before her. Remembering the words of the man before, and being able to take stock of the happenings then and there Alison does the only thing she really can. "Eh..G-good luck! Take them out!" Offering some encouragement, it was no surprise what she did next.

Turning around and hunching down, she retreats, far enough to hear what's going on, but hopefully far enough to not get chopped or shot somehow. Why were they fighting in a building that looked like it would collapse. She would need to look for a weapon once this was done..or find some manner of earning her keep.. It was aggravating being so useless. "...cause if you two don't win, I really will be dead.. Unless Yellow eyes is allergic to bread and tomatos..." Clockwork limbs wouldn't be of much use in a fist fight, unless they wanted to use her as a flail...which didn't seem too practical.

Last edited:
In an instant, that lonely scene became a flurry of action. Bursting from the open hole in the room, Caelan hadn't even recovered from his landing before his spear shot out, a singular burst of steam extending the spear just enough to close the distance. A thunk sounded, stainless steel sinking into flesh, but he had missed the target. Moments before the blade could stick into its shoulder, the silent individual released its grip on Heidemarie, reaching out to block the spearhead.

There should have been blood, but only a silver ichor leaked out.

There should have been pain, but those golden eyes simply gazed into Caelan's next.

That gloved hand pushed deeper into the blade, squirming fingers wrapping around the wooden shaft. Bones audibly creaked as its grip strengthened, but before Caelan's spear was torn out of his grasp, his raven-haired companion launched into the room next. A flying kick sent the gunslinger rolling away from Heidemarie, the spearblade slipping out of its hand. Tumbling a couple feet away, it rolled onto its feet once more, those cold eyes now flickering between all of them.

There was now distance.

The barrel burst with steam, an iron ball shooting out of the Contender towards the prone Heidemarie.

Without waiting to see the conclusion, it wheeled out of the room, disappearing into the cooridors.

[fieldbox= Caelan Lughr / Student District, royalblue, solid]His eyes widened in surprise as the knife bit into its hand rather than shoulder. The complete indifference to injuring itself unnerved Caelan, but he didn't hesitate to try and wrench his weapon free for a second strike. Only… it wasn't as easy as it should have been. Whatever this being was… it managed to match him for strength with a single, mangled, and impaled hand.

Grunting as he managed to finally wrench the blade free with a slight spray as Xifeng distracted it, he grimaced at the leveled barrel that pointed towards them when it came out of its roll. Goggles already on, he stepped towards Heidemarie as the projectile cracked the concrete next to her skull.

He did not offer a hand and wait for her to accept, but rather Caelan grabbed the Krupp heir by the wrist and hoisted her up. Motioning for Xifeng to come support the girl if needed, he glanced towards the splashes of silver ichor that occasionally gleamed from the light that did managed to stream inside. Unhooking a separate flask, this one just for water, he offered it out to either of the two and asked, "Water?" If they didn't accept, then he'd just down the entire thing before he scraped some of the odd fluid into the container. Probably just ruined it, regardless of how many washes it went through, but worth it… hopefully.

"Any ways, time for us to bail I think. Don't fancy a game of hide'n'seek when that thing doesn't care about pain and seems strong enough to rip our heads off."
[/fieldbox]

VhkoLdS.png

=============
Madelon Vallois

A palm to her eyes was all Madelon could muster as the two men hurried downstairs. Left alone atop the building for a few moments, she found herself staring up into the sky with a mixture of worry and curiosity on her face. Blueness... as if the sea. Perhaps that is what she was staring at? A sea in the sky, so far above she could not distinguish the ripples from one another. What sort of physical warping was happening here to maintain such a thing? The building she stood upon was, like those surrounding it, relatively featureless and nondescript, as if copied by a divine painter multiple times. Though identical engineering was not unprecedented, it went against her understanding of the more natural layout of civilizations; cities were meant to be poorly organized, raised as the polity and citizenry saw fit.

Whoever created this city had ample room and unlimited time to organize it so neatly and so uniformly. It seemed almost as if... As if it was created in but one stroke. Like the buildings were as much a natural sprout from the earth as grass or trees. What in god's name created this place? Who?

Madelon jotted down her notes mentally and rushed for the stairs, following after the other two a few seconds behind. If this artificial world were to be understood, she needed to survive first. Two others on her side increased her odds considerably, though she had hoped, staring at Onyx's back, that they were instead more reliable combatants rather than fellow students alone. Keeping close behind Yohan, she peeked over his shoulder to view the troupe beyond.

"As far as I am concerned," she began, "I do not 'zink anyone else 'ere is more 'zan a fellow student. We may all be but displaced kids."

As Yohan waited for an aftermath of some sort near the bottom of the building, water splashed at the soles of his shoes, his reflection perfectly staring back at him atop the grey concrete floor. The water was irrationally clean and completely transparent, which made Yohan suspicious of whether it was drinkable or not. It was almost as if something had been mixed in with it to make it so perfectly see-through, but it didn't smell of any strange chemicals.

Looking up, he furrowed his brow at the overgrown collection of deep emerald leaves and strips of wood. The look of this new world irritated him in many ways. It was so simple and pretentious, and lacked any of the true honesty, grit, or smoke the real world had. It was bland, empty, and nonsensical. Even the slums looked more appealing in some areas than here. Regardless, at least there was one resource that wasn't rubble around this place. Wood opened up a lot of opportunities, in particular: fire. Hopefully the wood would be the right type to create fire from friction, because he doubted he'd just find a pack of matches laying around. The thought of having to use such primitive methods were making him sick to the stomach.

The words of the heavily accented girl brushing him out of his thoughts, Yohan listened to her before giving a reply.
"Well, it would make sense if all survivors we've met so far are students. This was a university district, after all. It would be rare, but there's still a chance someone like a lecturer is hidden away in this place. If one hundred percent of survivors are just students... that's just... strange," Yohan pondered; he was mostly talking to himself in thought at this point. "It raises the question: what determines the factor of someone being bought to this world, rather than just disappearing? What makes us so special? I suppose these are questions we'll work towards answering once it's guaranteed we c-"

* B A N G ! *

Yohan slowly shut his eyes and gave a sigh before returning to his sentence.
"...Guaranteed we can actually survive here." He grit his teeth for a second. "I say we wait a small while to see if the three who entered come down again. If they appear sane, we could introduce ourselves to them. If there are even more gunshots, we can assume the shooter got the better of them and make a break for it."