[fieldbox="Sometimes you screw up but usually the world screws you, blue, solid, 10, Book Antiqua"]

A world gone mad,
Time uncertain

Alina (@Random) & Marionette (@Bob Cut) or Unknown Individual (@ERode)

She was having fun exploring the streets of Ringrange when the world went mad and she found herself in a a place that appeared to have popped out of a fiction book. Emotions assaulted her when she looked around. Fear, confusion, doubt, wonder, curiosity, all and many more, all rushing trough her heart, but none showing on her face. Then, a self-delivered psychological fist to the face. "Calm, calm," she repeated until she actually calmed down. After all she knew this was no time to panic or to get swept way with emotions. This was time to get ready for anything. Which meant having a weapon and a plan. The plan will wait. A weapon was a priority. As her father told her many times: "A soldier might die without a plan, but he will certainly die without a weapon."

So she wasted no time. Her cargo trunk was still held tightly in her hand and she proceeded to put it down, open it and prepare one of the things that she disguised as parts for a steam engine and various clockwork trinkets. A barrel masked to look like a pipe. The trigger mechanism, various part of a clock. The pressure system part of the small steam engine. All parts for an air-powered rifled musket of high accuracy and power. She only regretted not having gunpowder so she could build something less complex. Air-based armament had its advantages but simplicity was not one of it. She got to the work of assembling the relatively complex weapon.

As the first shot resounded she was almost done and it made her speed up the assembly process. Finally it was done, just moments before the second shot resounded. Then footsteps nearing her could be heard and she open the valve of her tank with compressed gas. The musket was in her hands, ready to be aimed at the source of the footsteps, should it be from someone, or something, hostile. Trough the gun she held might not be the best close-combat weapon, being designed for marksman to take out enemy commanders at longer ranges, but it was better then nothing, especially with the bayonet attached to its top. If it was Ann Dora's fate to die tonight, she would at least die fighting.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Onyx Norwyn
Rubbing his shoulder, Onyx remained seated beside Madelone and Yohan, his back against the cover Yohan had found. Rubbing his side, Onyx muttered under his breath in response to the dull ache he felt. After the trio had gone up to investigate the gunshot, Onyx had been really tempted to go after them. He understood why Yohan was being cautious, but it was dreadfully boring. He was never the type to sit around and do nothing, and now it was just making him antsy.

Closing his eyes when the second shot rang out, Onyx huffed out a sigh. Standing, he made his way over to where Yohan was standing before folding his arms.

"I'm not sure I'm down with just standing around doing nothing, honestly." Onyx admitted, a slightly annoyed look on his face. "I get why you're being careful, but this is pretty much impossible for me. Standing still, like this, I mean." He complained, reaching into his pocket to retrieve the stopwatch. He didn't look at it, he merely rubbed his thumb across the surface, solely to remind himself he had it.

"Tell you what, I'll walk around and see if I can find anything interesting. I'll stay in hollerin' distance, if something happens. And if I die, and you make it back to Ringrange, feed my rabbit. I don't have a rabbit, but can one of you do me a favor and buy one, name it after me, then feed it?" Onyx inquired as he had already started walking off, not really bothering to wait for a reply or argument from either of the others. He could respect Yohan wanting to be careful and safe, but Onyx would rather continue to live adventurously even if it got him killed.

Alina grimaced as they moved through the streets.
――haste necessary―――
――――change of equipment advantageous―

Indeed, a long skirt and heeled boots were not the best of clothes to be carrying out an expedition like this in, let alone being in a situation that potentially required combat.

But worst of all――
――the pain has already started―――

Well, at least something was familiar.
She wouldn't last long here -- wherever this was -- after all.

――――that is not an excuse―――
She still had an objective.
Even if she wouldn't last long enough to leave, there was someone who would.
Alina reached out as she walked, softly placing a hand on Marionette's head.
"Come now," she said. "We'll be just fine. We'll get straight home, so don't you fret."

―disturbance―sharp noises―metal―most likely a device being configured――

Clicking sounds.
Alina stopped in her tracks, moving her hand onto Marionette's shoulder in a flash.
Wait a second, her manner said.
She spread her feet apart a little, as if ready to sprint. Her arms pulled back slightly, her fingers arched like talons.
Every iota of her body language was that of cornered prey.
Or was it a patient predator?

"You can come out now," she called to the empty street. "There's no point in doing much else."

[fieldbox=Marionette Socke, yellow, solid, 10, Times New Roman][fieldbox=Information, purple, solid, 10, Times New Roman]949420.jpg
Marionette Socke, Location Unknown, Travelling[/fieldbox]
The whispering wind their only taunting companion, the duo traveled on.
No sights to see, the walk was bland as could be.
Concrete as far as the eye could see, with the only other scenery around being that looming obelisk.

The water was quickly making continuing uncomfortable.
Anyone that's ever walked in soaked shoes knows the feeling.
Said feeling can be multiplied when the shoes being worn aren't made for long walks.

Somehow, the puppet master wasn't paying any mind to this.
Stick in one hand, suitcase in the other, she trudged on.
Nervous though she was, a sudden hand atop her head relaxed her a bit.

A lonely goddess, yearning for companionship she didn't know she needed.
It was nice, not being alone; shadowed by something greater than one's self.
Well, if the black tormentor is factored in, it isn't all that much different.

The pair progressing stopped at the sound of machinery.
Stopped might be an understatement.
It was more like they froze.

Alina called out, but Marionette wasn't sure of the use.
If this was a rampaging shooter, they'd just asked for death.
Marionette was reminded yet again that this wasn't a place either of them could remain in.

Still, she admired Alina's courage.
If they were to die, they were to die.
She saw no point in not asserting herself one last time.

"Come out!" she muttered, her voice gradually picking up more weight.
"If you don't, we'll smite you!"

She wondered if that was the right thing to say, but that's what she'd always read in books.
Besides, anything that filled her with any sort of confidence, superficial though it may be, had to be good.
Right?
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="In this case 'man is a wolf to man' is probably wrong, blue, solid, 10, Book Antiqua"]

A world gone mad,
Time uncertain

Alina (@Random) & Marionette (@Bob Cut)

Someone had came. Someone with reason and willing to talk. And that someone asked her to step out. She closed the valve on her tank, lowering her gun as she stepped out in front of the two voices that called out. The sight in her eyes revealed two girls a few dozens of meters away. In case they turned hostile it was still enough space for her to counter their attack, so she took a bit of time to observed the two.

The first had white hair, kept short, not reaching below her neck. Her clothing was a white top and a long black skirt combination that one would expect to be worn to take an evening walk and was definitely ill-suited for their current situation. She was unarmed, which was not weird, but not good ether.
The other one also had white hair, also kept short, trough a bit longer then the first one, only a inch at most. Her clothing, a thematic white and blue colored sailor suit and skirt, were a bit better in the current situation, given the skirt was shorter then the one on the first girl. Unlike the first girl this one held a piece of wood in her hands. Better then nothing, but a bad weapon. Should the two prove to be hostile she would be the priority target.

Ann spoke out after this brief observation: "The name is Ann Dora, of the Lünger-Stägge family. I presume you are not the ones behind the gunshots, given your lack of weapons. Mind introducing yourselves?" Her gun, although lowered, still rested in her right hand while her left was on the valve of her tank. Should the two attack she was ready to retaliate with deadly force. But for now she awaited to see what will the two do.
[/fieldbox]

It was improbable. Impossible, actually; but Heidemarie knew instantly upon the words of the golden-eyed figure that the single-shot weapon had acquired another shot. The Krupp girl had blown it. Beaten, swept off her feet, and chokeslammed against the harsh concrete ground of the small room, the blond-haired girl was no longer in a winning position. If the weapon in the hand of the mysterious golden-eyed woman had truly reloaded, there was no escape for Heidemarie.

Fortunately for her, unexpected aid came in a timely manner. A dark-haired man holding a spear rushed into the room from its angled opening, striking at her attacker, followed by a sword-wielding Eastern girl double-teaming the pistol wielding woman. With the combined effort of the duo, the golden-eyed enemy was forced away from Heidemarie, who was released unceremoniously with a loud cough. As the girl made her retreat, Heidemarie was met with her final parting shot, tensing as a crater opened up mere centimeters from her head.

Stunned, it took her a few moments rise, helped by the staff-wielding man. Looking gratefully at Caelan and Xifeng, she nodded in thanks. "Please," she choked out, taking the proffered flask, downing its contents before letting out a deep breath of air. "Thank you," she forced her words out, rubbing at her neck. "I thought I was done for. I'm Heidemarie, you two are?" She looked about, peering out at the window from whence they all entered. "Before we jump out of here, do you even know where we are?"

Wen Xifeng

Xifeng scowled as the figure fired and fled. Damn. So much for getting some answers out of where they were from whoever that was. She shook her head as she kept a grip on her sword, turning answer Heidemarie's question.

"My name is Xifeng." She murmured as she waved away Caelan's offer of water, letting the Krupp girl have all of it. "We're arguably just as clueless as you. All I can say is that when we're outside, it looks like the academy city, but...strange. Most people have vanished. The sky is blue."

Xifeng turned to Caelan, her sword still in hand.

"Do we pursue that person? They may know something about where we are."

[fieldbox= Caelan Lughr / Student District, royalblue, solid] "Caelan," he answered as he finished containing a sample of the being's strange "blood". Shaking the flask, he could hear the metallic looking ichor splash against the interior and with a nod he clipped it to his belt. Without anything else to add to Xifeng's reply, he turned his attention towards the Far Eastern girl and shook his head. "It's quite possible they do, but too many unknowns. The layout of this building, any allies, what other weaponry they might have, and so forth. They're clearly a capable combatant, and I'd rather not face them on their home turf."

"Heidemarie. Head out first, there's someone with a whole bunch'a prosthetics outside, so yeah, don't be alarmed." With that said, he began to move back towards the open window though he kept an eye on the door the gunner had darted out of.[/fieldbox]

Alison Engels

Hearing the commotion not too far from where she was, Alison exhales a sigh of relief. While there had been a second shot, a third and fourth didn't ring out, so unless all three stood In a line there was little chance that who, or whatever they were fighting, would not have stopped at one more shot.

Making sure the coast was clear, Alison peers her head into the makeshift door frame, then follows suit with her body. "So we all are alive then huh.." Hearing the remark on her Prosthetics, the young girl makes a "Hmph" sound, voicing her displeasure at being referred to as such. "Yes, beware the Machine Girl, she may collect spare parts from you." Turning back, she doesn't seem all that bothered by what was said, so much as getting a final stab in word wise. Clearing the way, she awaits the other three.

"I don't think we should stay in here, but at the same time, if their are others, maybe they'll come here given the gun shots?"

Adding in her own thoughts, the young woman studies the water falling around them. Tightening her one armed grip on the food supplies, she hoped they could find more food, with the meat and water, soup was the obvious solution to spreading it out, after that however..

Alina's eyes were quick as she sized up the newcomer. All her trains of thought came back to one key point.

――armed―――

There were a great many reasons to be in good graces with her.

"My name is Alina," she introduced herself, not bothering with a surname. "I take it you just arrived. Would you happen to know anything about the gunshots in question?"

[fieldbox=Marionette Socke, yellow, solid, 10, Times New Roman][fieldbox=Information, purple, solid, 10, Times New Roman]949420.jpg
Marionette Socke, Location Unknown, Introducing Herself[/fieldbox]
Though still worried, she allowed herself to be at ease.
If this girl meant them any harm, she'd have fired by now.
Marionette didn't lower her guard, sticking close to Alina.

After gauging them with hues of aquamarine, the woman seemed to relax a bit.
From the looks of it, she'd crossed them off the list of shooting suspects.
Her gun slightly lowered, she introduced herself as a member of the Lünger-Stägge family.
It didn't ring any bells with the puppet master, but she was never good with family names.

Alina introduced herself first, Marionette just now realizing this was the first she'd heard her name.
Following her lead, the short female offered up an introduction of her own.
"Marionette," she answered, a short pause following behind, as though she were thinking.

"Anything more than that doesn't matter."

Alina had already asked about the gunshots, so Marionette reserved anything she had to say.
She did start to feel weird, though, as she wasn't used to being such a follower.
The girl would have to retake the reins if she were to feel comfortable with anything.
Not now, though; trying to do so now would only be out of place.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Information and guns are both tradable goods, blue, solid, 10, Book Antiqua"]

A world gone mad,
Time uncertain

Alina (@Random) & Marionette (@Bob Cut)

Ann replied, answering Alina at the same time: "Nice meeting you, although the circumstances could be better. As for the shots if I knew I more then you did I would not be wondering if you are the ones behind them right." She removed her left hand from her tank, now that she confirmed that the two are not hostile. She then used her free hand to close her trunk before grabbing it on the handle. She would pull it on the surface on the water as it floated or latch her gun on the tank if the trunk would need to be carried.

Now that she was ready to move she addressed the two once again: "Anyways do you know if there is anyone else, that is not out on a killing spree, nearby? If the answer is yes we should head there. Strength lies in numbers after all, even against a gun-armed opponent. If no we should fin dry land so I can assemble some of my handguns for you two to use. Using the inside of my trunk floating on water is an emergency measure that reduces the assembly speed considerably."
[/fieldbox]

mild bloodthirst―
――potential hazard―
―――obtaining weaponry high priority――
――little time to waste―

Alina shook her head.
"Weapons or no, it's hardly a good idea to try to involve ourselves in another's conflicts at this stage," she replied. "Marionette and I were headed for the obelisk."
She nodded towards the structure in question to indicate it to Ann.
"As far as we can tell, that would be the centre of all of this. It's the natural course of action to investigate it before we try to wrap ourselves up with others and their probably life-threatening business."

Tick Tick Tick

The clock in the back of their heads grew louder, even as they conversed or adventured. In the distance, stone collapsed and disintegrated, trickles of water that gently splashed against the watery surface now accelerating into a white stream. The roar was constant. The foreign world was no longer quiet and unassuming, not with its current state and not with the past events that had just occurred.

More streams fell. More buildings rose. And the weird stability they became accustomed to started to change once more.

@Zombehs @Asuras @Jakers @Psyker Landshark @Click This @RedArmyShogun
The slanted building rumbled, violently so. The quartet that remained inside could clearly hear it, that vicious crumbling and shift in gravity as whatever had supported the building was now giving away. Cracks spiderwebbed up and down the walls within the stone room, hairline fractures turning into fissures at an alarming rate. Whatever they thought about the golden-eyed gunslinger was irrelevant. It was clear that they had to get out of the building now, whether from the outside or the inside.

Down on the base of the building that they still dared not venture into, however, the duo could see clearly what was happening. The far end of the building was falling apart, falling into the blue abyss. A strange shimmering veil appeared to be encapsulating that area, and, if they chose to look around, similar pillars of light could be seen, the reversal of gravity now clearly visible.

Clearly visible and clearly expanding.

Rocks began to tumble down now, splashing into the water that was halfway to reaching their knees. They were mere pebbles for now, but who knew when boulder-sized chunks would start breaking off next?

@Jageroux @gamer5 @Random @Bob Cut
Ultimately, no one stopped him, and Onyx was soon alone in a mad world, stomping through the ever-increasing water as those rhythmic 'ticks' became his only companion. Solitude didn't last long, however, as he spotted new individuals in the distance.

One woman, armed with an air rifle, confronting two girls who were definitely less well-armed than her. She appeared relaxed, or, at least, not intending to pull the trigger any time soon, but perhaps that was because she was confident in the superiority of her weapons. Nevertheless, certain conclusions could definitely be drawn. There had been gunshots. She had a gun. She was in the same general area as the building. And, out in the open, she would have much more of an advantage than inside that slanted building.

If he played the hero and she was a villain, he'd just die from this range and in this terrain.

Well, if the heavens hadn't blessed him.

At this distance, Onyx was able to clearly see the development of a new torrent of water. Like a white snake, it twisted slightly as it descended, before striking the trio with the force of a small waterfall. That gunslinger's luggage case was pushed away from the force. The three females were all separated from that watery veil.

This was, undoubtedly, an opportunity.

Marionette Socke, Location Unknown, Getting Drenched[/fieldbox]
Still void of any viable contributions, Marionette remained silent.
Through Ann's discussion with Alina, they agreed to an exchange.
They partnered up, and she'd provide them with much needed arms.

WHISH!

Their continued conversation was cut off by the sound of rushing water.
Up above, Marionette spotted a pillar of water flowing down, descending upon the trio.
All three of them were soon drenched, and Ann's case floated off under the force.

The puppet master praised her quick reflexes; she would've lost her case otherwise.
Releasing the branch, Marionette grasped the suitcase's handle with both hands.
The water disoriented her, but it wasn't forceful enough to make her fall.

The water was rising ever higher now, their feet completely covered.
The world was alive with noise, and things were falling apart ever faster.
"We have to move," she spoke, trudging out of the ever flowing stream.

Heading towards the obelisk was the least of their options now.
Looking around for another choice, Marionette noticed something.
At the sight of another human, her body tensed up.

Was this the rampaging shooter?
[/fieldbox]

"I was hoping you would, actually. We need to start splitting up and looking for as many survivors as possible at some point,"
Yohan replied to Onyx as he smashed a big stick off the cluster of overgrown wood, holding it like a staff and tossing away the concrete-tipped rebar; it was too heavy to be conventional in any way. "Just be careful. And no, I'm not doing the fucking rabbit thing. I hate rabbits," Yohan paused, before adding a sentence that seemed surprisingly caring. "Don't die. I mean it."

Yohan was about to leave. Still nothing, and the ticking was progressively driving him more and more insane. There'd been no more gunshots, but he hadn't seen anyone come down from the building either. He was just wasting his time at this point, and wasting the girl's time he was with as well. He didn't even know her name yet, but asking for it seemed too in danger of sounding like a pickup line, so he'd avoided asking the question.

"Ow. Dickhead." Yohan suddenly remarked. He turned around with a raised eyebrow, wondering why a pebble-sized piece had bounced off his hat-tipped head. Had she really gotten that bored that she was throwing things at him? It soon became clear, however, that wasn't the case. Many other pebbles began plopping into the flooded floor, and a rumbling sound began to echo through the room. Biting his lip, Yohan scowled, wading in a position where he could get a better look at the situation again.

"...Jesus Christ. Upwards gravity bullshit is back with a vengeance. This time it seems to be expanding," The young man commented, his fist tightening against his empty suitcase whilst his fingers nervously drummed on the handle of his makeshift staff. "Time for us to leave, whatever your name is. And just so you don't call me that in return, it's Yohan."

Suddenly, he snapped open his suitcase, twiddling with a few screws and whacking it a bit with the concrete hammer, essentially splitting it into two halves without it taking too much time at all. The suitcase was made of thick, hard material, which had its obvious advantages in the current situation.
"A bit ridiculous, but hold this above your head. Even when we leave the place it'll probably be raining rubble, so let's not die an embarrassing death or sustain injuries to a piece of falling concrete." Yohan said, handing her a half and holding his own above his head. With makeshift protection from large (but certainly not huge) pieces of falling rubble, Yohan began to wade out of the building.

move

Alina didn't get particularly wet, as she darted out of the way the moment the first droplet splattered against her hair.
That did not mean she was particularly dry either.
Her shirt and skirt were drenched, among more unmentionable things which would undoubtedly be a bitch to wring out later, but at least she wasn't soaked to the bone.

She gritted her teeth as she unbuttoned her overshirt, wrapping it around her waist to reveal a somewhat drier black, sleeveless undershirt.
"We have to keep moving before our path is blocked any further," she said firmly. "If that pressure was much higher, we'd all be dead. Keep your eyes open and stay close together."
She looked between Ann and Marionette as she spoke--

――attention diverted

It was then that she noticed the second newcomer.

no gun―
―likely not hostile――
――potential ally―
―――unaccompanied?―

"Please, for the love of Christ," she said tonelessly, "tell me you aren't lost."

Onyx Norwyn
'Man, this shit is completely fucked.' Onyx stated mentally as he explored the area, his gaze constantly sweeping across the area in search of something, anything, notable. Hands in his pockets, he rubbed a thumb over the ornate back of the stopwatch he had been using to keep himself calm. It was strange, how a single material possession could keep you from completely losing your shit. He was honestly tempted to actually look at the watch to determine if the watch had broken or if this strange reality had stopped time. But, he didn't have the nerve.

Stopping, he looked around as more buildings seemed to be pulled into the sky piece by piece as the water began to rage.

"Huh. Neat." Onyx commented with only the slightest hint of irritation. Walking around with a bit more care, he noticed how the water seemed to rise. "Oh, this is wonderful." He muttered as the ticking in his head grew louder. Oh. Yeah. The ticking. It had been a constant presence to the point Onyx had even started to get 'used' to it, but with its steady increase in volume it returned to being a nuisance.

So distracted by the ticking, he wasn't exactly ready when he came across an interesting development.

'Three girls. One has a gun.' His thoughts began to race. Was this the shooter? If it wasn't, it wouldn't be impossible for them to have excited the building the arrived here given the time between the final shot and now. But, the girl with a gun didn't exactly look like she was an aggressor. Was it possible she had also been brought into wherever the hell they were? But, that begged the question of why would a student have a gun?

Before he could step forward, something caught his eye and he stood still, folding his arms across his chest before huffing.

"Is that going to...?" He whispered to himself, watching as the stream of water seemed to snake its way through the air before crashing down upon the trio. "Yup." He clapped his hands together as he casually made his way over to them, holding a hand up in greeting. Stopping at a respectable distance, he let out a slight laugh in response to Alina's question.

"Lost is a bit of a strong word, in my opinion. I prefer 'geographically relocated'." He said, making air quotations as he spoke. Though, as he got a closer look at them, it was easy to tell they must have been students like himself. It was a gut feeling that he was certain of. Then he looked away towards a building that seemed to be getting slowly ripped into the sky. It was a very casual move that wouldn't raise any form of suspicion, but it was necessary.

Because they were all wet.

And his mind was a terrible place. Or rather, it was the mind of a stereotypical teenage male.

So yeah, a pretty terrible place.

"So, I guess you're from Ringrange too, huh?" Onyx questioned as he look around, not letting his eyes linger anywhere they wanted to. "What about gun girl, over there? Someone was firing shots earlier - was it her?"

[fieldbox="Time is running it out so lets be brief and to the point, blue, solid, 10, Book Antiqua"]

A world gone mad, (And getting madder by the second!)
Time uncertain (And running out faster then hot drinks in winter?)

Alina (@Random), Marionette (@Bob Cut) & Onyx (@Jageroux)

Ann was washed out quite well by the sudden burst of water and would lost her trunk if it were not for her quickly strengthening the grip on the trunk and shiftily moving away from the torrent of water. Then before she could say anything a new arrival, a young man, came and spoke up, answering Alina and asking if she was the one behind the shot.
She quickly answered: "No. My gun is a modified Nüggers Sechs AZ Marksman Rifled Airgun. Whatever made those shot had much more power then my gun. Anyways, I am Ann Dora Lünger-Stägge. The one with the eye patch is Marionette and the other one is Alina. I suggest you introduce yourself so we can get moving before things get worse then they are."
While she talked she once again laid the trunk in the water, quickly took out a small satchel and then once again closed the trunk. While she waited for a response from the new arrival, she once again released the safety valve on her gun's pressure tank and proceeded to remove the bayonet from it.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
VhkoLdS.png

=============
Madelon Vallois

Her attention had been directed elsewhere, and so when Yohan had insulted, she could only retort with a glare. "Eh?" she questioned. There was a 'plop' beside her, directing her gaze to the substantial ripples that had been formed. Instinctively, Madelon curled to the side, eyes turned upwards but with hesitation. Things were falling clearly, and while she wanted to see exactly what it was, she wasn't about to her square her face with the sky and get nailed by rubble. Putting her arms over her head, she bent slightly and grumbled, motioning away from the building.

"My name is Madelon, Sir Yohan," she introduced herself flatly. For a moment, as the boy began to dismantle his suitcase, she thought he had been thoroughly hit on the head and was already suffering from madness. When he handed a half of the metal frame to her, she apathetically accepted it.

"I don't believe 'zis will do much to protect from concrete blocks," she said, nevertheless holding it above her head. Already well on her way into escaping the oncoming rain of stone, Madelon sloshed through the high waters with greater consideration.