Destiny: War with the Rhinos

But if it's just for aesthetics, wouldn't that be ruled out?

It's not just for aesthetics, as a matter of fact to look of the thing doesn't change at all, except for attachments on weapons. Higher tiers perform better than lower tiers.

I meant in this RP. The CS says the weapons and armour are just for aesthetics. So, coming off that, why couldn't we have the aesthetics of higher tier armour and weapons? The buffs and stuff would surely get cancelled out, right?

It maybe has to do with the experience level of our characters? Since we're "new, young bucks" we probably wouldn't have legendary tier stuff, whether or not it's aesthetic. Like, how am I going to afford that fancy hat right now? I have to settle for this moderately fashionable one instead. That's just my guess, though.

Whoa you guys type fast. XD

Anywho, just to set the record straight: The actual rpg mechanical/number side of the armor and weapons are sitting this one out. HOWEVER, the rarer gear will still not only function better. But may have a few good surprises if and when you guys find them. If a particular weapon you guys find has certain attachments or boosts to them, I'll pm them to you. No worries.

And Fluffers is correct. You guys are new, and aren't exactly going to be handed something that is supposed to be "legendary" without earning it.

Ok.

I guess I'll have to stickl withy the Firebreak stuff before I get all the fancy stuff.

Are you implying your gear isn't fancy? Despite the fact it makes you look like a heavily armored unicorn? I'd say that's pretty majestic.

Welcome to the team, TTV.

I mean, it does look cool, just some of the higher tier ones look better.

And thanks. When will we be starting?

xD Relax, I'm just busting ya chops.

And when we get more than 3 peeps for a platoon.

You're in, @Fluffy!

That said, I see a catfight in the near future. XD

• Love
Reactions: Fluffy
Probably got maybe 2 more spots open before I close up the sign ups.

Ceru, I'm done for the most part, I was wondering if I could keep the background secreted

Yes! I haven't had time to sit down and make a character yet. I've been busy with book making @-@ but I am certainly interested still but I'm okay with giving up my spot for someone with a completed character.

Stryder, pm me your background and your reasoning as to why it needs to be secret and I'll give you an answer. =)

And there is no other completed sheets, so the last two spots are up in the air. If you manage to get time and submit a sheet, you can still get a late boarding on this space flight.

Still got two spots open!

Name: Janus-8

Appearance:

Janus-8 is a well-preserved 5'11" male Exo with a glossy metallic blue frame. His features are primarily streamlined, and his eyes and what can be seen of his internal circuitry when he speaks are orange. Altogether, he's remarkably untarnished, to the extent that makes you wonder if perhaps his Ghost managed to revive him a bit too well.

Personality: Where Janus-8's exterior seems unaffected by his experiences, his personality reveals what his Ghost couldn't fix, or, in fact, possibly made worse. Despite carrying out his Guardian duties, Janus-8 is constantly questioning the inevitable cycle of Guardians being reborn, the Traveler's dormancy, the motivations of their enemies and the true agenda of those giving orders in the Last City. When he doesn't sound like a paranoid conspiracy theorist though, Janus-8 is relatable enough, knows more knife-tricks than one would expect from a man made of metal and enjoys classical music.

Class and Subclass: Hunter, Bladedancer

Gear

Weapon:
Primary: Shinigami SR1 - Uncommon - Scout Rifle > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Special: Omolon Test RR1 - Common - Sniper Rifle > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Heavy: Dauphin RS/1 - Uncommon - Rocket Launcher > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net

Armor:
Head: Brusilov 1.1 - Uncommon - Helmet > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Chest: Brusilov 1.1 - Uncommon - Chest Armor > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Gauntlets: Brusilov 1.1 - Uncommon - Gauntlets > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Greaves: Brusilov 1.1 - Uncommon - Leg Armor > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Mark/Cloak/Bond: Cloak of Tekmor - Uncommon - Hunter Cloak > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net

Shell: Weathered Shell - Uncommon - Ghost Shell > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Ship: LRv1 Javelin - Uncommon - Ship > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Sparrow: https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=1808632558&itemname=S-20 Nomad

Background:
Prior to his death and subsequent revival, the Exo known as Janus-8, though as much of a mystery as most of his mechanical brethren, seems to recall having been an associate of the weapons manufacturer Omolon. Responsible for field-testing their weapons, this Hunter is well-versed in their energy-projectile based weaponry. Death and revival, however, have changed him and, miraculous as his rebirth was, filled him with doubt. From the moment he looked around and saw the desolate landscape of Russia, to the cryptic commands of the Speaker, to shootouts with Fallen, Hive, Vex and heaven knows what else, Janus is stuck thinking there's something that's being kept from him and the other Guardians. He follows orders and carries out his missions, but ask his Ghost (affectionately nicknamed Tchaikovsky) or anyone who spends a while around him, and you'll know he takes most assignments with a planetoid of salt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cerulean
I'll get to work on the IC, since we only need one more person. If you know anyone who is interested, feel free to invite them. Unless one of you peeps get your sheet done and approved. ;D