Destiny: War with the Rhinos

Nopers, as you can see, people are still working on CSs. I am trying to get at least 4-5 people to start with, before jumping into the story.

Claiming a spot.

Getting to work on a CS. Will post once done. I'm not well versed with Destiny, so I may need some pointers with backstory and subclasses, etc...

Name: Ziara Farvera
Appearance: Standing at 5'10", Ziara does have quite a bit of height to her, though still shorter than some men. Her black hair is cut short and styled in a spiky fashion. It has orange streaks in it, with the left side of her head being shaved extremely short, with her reamining hair being swept over to the right side of her head. Her eyes are almond-shaped and a nice green colour, with her lips being nice and plump. Her face is beuatifully scuplted with high cheekbones and a pointed chin. Her body is fairly toned, with long legs and arms. She holds herself with quite a lot of confidence, her relaxed stance being standing straight with feet spread shoulder-width apart with her left hand on her hip.

Personality: Ziara is someone with a cold and hostile exterior, but who has a warm and caring heart. She can be quick to judge people, usually more negatively than positively. This makes it quite hard for her to make friends as most people get turned off by her cold and hostile exterior. Warm-heartedness and kindness is not really something she outwardly portrays, meaning it will most likely take a certain someone to bring out that aspect of her personality.

When tasked with leading a group, Ziara is most likely to be a bossy leader, ordering people around with a harsh tone and using intimidation tactics to get others to do what she wants. This means people working in a group with her have a tendency to abandon as the majority of those in a group with her haven't been used to orders being barked at them in a harsh tone, so can sometimes get frightened by her.

If someone was to show that they loved her, Ziara wouldn't show it as even though, deep down, she may love them, she doesn't want to show it through reasons too complicated for others to understand. The same can be said if she was confessing her love to someone else. She would have to persuade herself that she loved them and would have to work up the courage to confront her crush. However, once she is with this person, the warm and kind-hearted side to her personality shows through.

Class and Subclass: Titan, Striker.

Gear:

Weapon -
Primary: Válka SR3 - Uncommon - Scout Rifle > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Special: Nox Crocia I - Uncommon - Fusion Rifle > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Heavy: Qua Brecan I - Uncommon - Machine Gun > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net

Armor -
Head: Firebreak - Common - Helmet > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Chest: Firebreak - Common - Chest Armor > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Gauntlets: Firebreak - Common - Gauntlets > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Greaves: Firebreak - Common - Leg Armor > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net

Mark/Cloak/Bond: Bastion Mark - Common - Titan Mark > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Shell: Meridian Shell - Uncommon - Ghost Shell > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Ship: NS22 Cloud Errant - Uncommon - Ship > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Sparrow: S-21 Seeker - Uncommon - Vehicle > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net

Background: Ziara is a ship mechanic, repairing and mainting ships for her fellow Guardians. On a mission into the wastes of the world, she found a data storage device with some information about the cars that she usually find destroyed, specifically how to fix and repair them, though not explaining how to actually drive them. Since finding that information, she has been trying to restore one of the more sporty cars in her spare time to how it looked when it came out of the factory before the Great Collapse. The farthest she has gotten is restoring the body to rmove all the rust, dirt and grime. Currently, she is working on trying to fix up the engine and running gear, though it is proving to be a difficult task due to the huge amount of destroyed parts and the large amount of dirt and grime that can be found on those that aren't destroyed.

Last edited:
That's fine, I can answer any questions you have. =)

I need help with thinking up a suitable backstory that would be able to work into the Destiny storyline.

I have the rest of my character's app up at the moment. I just need help with backstory.

Well this rp isn't exactly along Destiny's canon, but a backstory shouldn't be too difficult.

Mhm, I know. I just mean helping you out should be ezy peezy lemon squeezy. XD

So what kind of character were you going for?

Well, with what I've been discussing with Cassuan (after explaining she could be a mechanic), it looks like she'll be a ship mechanic, rather than cars. However, if possible, I would like her to be affiliated with cars (maybe she collects and restores them?)

Mechanic hm?

That sounds fun, but the only cars I ever see are all massively destroyed. Is there anyway, that instead of cars, it could be sparrows you collect and restore? (It would set up more plot things for ya later. ;D)

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the sparrows. Their appearance isn't really very eye-catching to me. I would MUCH prefer if it was cars instead of sparrows.

That's fine! I just figured I'd offer. I am just not sure how often you'd be able to use your hobby in the rp.

Otherwise, go for it. =)

You need to realize something about the world we're RPing in. Humanity has lost EVERYTHING, what little we have left we've had to fight tooth and nail to keep. The knowledge of how to operate and repair cars has been entirely lost to time. The only thing people know to do with them is to take the metal from them for use in other things. You can say that she's been tinkering with cars and trying to figure out how to get them working again, but you can't just say that she fixes and repair them.

@Cassius @TheTechnoVampire

Normally, Cass would be on the money. However, I am taking a few liberties with the story and adding some things of my own. I don't mind if you want to have some "old world" knowledge of cars because it isn't game breaking and it helps you keep the character yo uare going for.

That said, with such scarce resources even remotely learning anything is harder than hell. It's slim but it is possible that there was a data storage of some sort out there that had some car things on there. I'll allow some knowledge on cars, but please don't push it too far. Even this much seems unlikely for a character to know (with the canon universe).

I hope what I edited into her app is ok.

Also, how does gear leveling work and getting higher levelled gear?

And if it is purely for aesthetics, why can't we have higher tiered gear for our characters?

Higher tiered gear does more damage and offers more armor. Sometimes it even rewards Guardians for killing in specific ways

Like offering more grenades for scoring a melee kill, or vice versa