Destiny: War with the Rhinos

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Cerulean

But does he know about second breakfast?
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
I like most. However, I have found I am most comfortable with Fantasy, Sci-fi, Fandom, and Modern.
OPEN SIGNUPS - Destiny: War with the Rhinos

destiny-nuevo-trailer-marte-bungie.jpg

The Taken King is dead. The Black Heart is crushed. Siva is destroyed. Now only one notable pair of eyes is cast upon The Traveler.

Cabal-face.png

The Cabal.
"It seems that the Cabal didn't care for us running them over to invade the Black Garden. With the Taken shot to bits, they don't have anything to run from. Now they want their pound of flesh, and are more than capable to take it straight from our perky asses."
-Fireteam Leader Joseph Bragland

Battleground_activision-1800.jpg

A nasty bar fight has been brewing between the Cabal and the Guardians for a while, and now it seems that the Cabal decided to throw the first punch. They tried destroying the Last City from a distance. They weren't successful because of humanity's protectors. The Guardians. Forged in Light. The fighting has been costly the past few months but we managed to give them a good shove back over to Mars.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

You are a Guardian. A former corpse brought back to life by the light of The Traveler. A defender of the city, you sit in the tower watching over the few precious things we have left. The city needs us again. Suit up.

-------------------------------------------

Ladies and Gentledudes, I present to you a Destiny RP. You are going to be playing a batch of fresh recruits being sent to the front lines. The Rubicon Wastes.

RP Rules (Including but not limited to): Try not to be a douche. (This applies to all situations.)

No godmodding.

No "perfect" characters.

No taking control or killing other characters unless you have the player's and/or my permission.

For now, there will be no multiple characters (If I don't have enough interest, I will happily let make a second or even a third character).

Yes, your character may die. You are welcome to make another (assuming you aren't dead because you were being a jerkface.)

There will be depictions of blood, guts, and butts. You have been warned.

Speaking of butts, relationships are okay, but if it gets too heavy. Take it to PMs. And invite me.

No one will be romantically paired with someone outside of their age group. Iwaku gets enough crap with that already. Nu uh! good try.

I have little tolerance for passive-aggressive bullshit. If you have something to say then be honest, but again, don't be a douche. To anyone in this rp.

Also take a look at this if you need more info.
Terms of Service and Rules | IwakuRoleplay.com

Character Guidelines:
  • 1 Character (For now. Also not counting your ghosts.)
  • Try to spread out among the races and classes. (but if we end up with doubles of a class, race, subclass, I won't fuss.)
  • Remember that you are playing a bunch of new, young bucks, so try not to push the age up to far (Stay in between 18-29).
  • That also means you likely don't have direct ties to any of the main NPCs in the game. (If you must, then convince me why.)
  • If people have a different character idea that doesn't fit in this little group, shoot me a pm, and I'd be happy to try and work something out.
  • No faction association other than the Vanguards. (Will come in later.)
I will be adding more rules and guidelines as needed.

Character Sheets
Name:
Appearance: (Picture or description is fine. Real images please.)
Personality:
Class and Subclass:
Gear (Nothing above Uncommon rarity and this is purely for aesthetics only. One item per slot.)
Weapon:
Primary:
Special:
Heavy:
Armor:
Head:
Chest:
Gauntlets:
Greaves:
Mark/Cloak/Bond:
Shell:
Ship:
Sparrow:
Background:

Become Legend.

maxresdefault.jpg

Cast List:
Ortan Decloe (Human Striker) - @Cerulean
Harper (Awoken Gunslinger) - @Fluffy
Janus-8 (Exo Bladedancer) - @Howlykin
Dice-82 (Exo Stormcaller) - @Dunruffle
Alexa Garcia (Human Defender) - @Fluffy
Chel Varla (Human Sunbreaker) - @TheTechnoVampire

Inactives:
Cassius (Awoken Void Walker) - @Cassius
Ziara Farvera (Human Striker) - @TheTechnoVampire
Chessie Malcolm (Human Striker) - @Quail

Last edited:
Basic Information
Name: Ortan Decloe
Appearance:

full

Personality: Ortan DeCloe IS the guy you want to meet in a dark alley. He is loyal and has a sense of responsibility….most of the time. His duties are always meet, but he likes to goof off when nothing pressing is going on. Possessing good leadership and seeking harmony, he always makes sure the people around him are taken care of. Being sensitive and warm, he is often caring and is good with connecting to different types of people.
Class and Subclass: Titan - Striker

Gear
Weapon:

Primary: Shinigami SR1 - Uncommon - Scout Rifle > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Special: Nox Crocia I - Uncommon - Fusion Rifle > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Heavy: Seneschal RS/1 - Uncommon - Rocket Launcher > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net

Armor:
Head: Taroudant Type 1 - Uncommon - Helmet > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Chest: Taroudant Type 1 - Uncommon - Chest Armor > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Gauntlets: Taroudant Type 1 - Uncommon - Gauntlets > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Greaves: https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=158587849&itemname=Taroudant Type 1

Mark/Cloak/Bond: https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=1313973809&itemname=Ithacan Mark

Shell: Metropolitan Shell - Uncommon - Ghost Shell > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Ship: https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=1491990344&itemname=CX20 Spindle Demon
Sparrow: https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?item=3665240235&itemname=S-21 Cavalier

Background: His early life was mostly spent in the backwoods of his parent's house. When he became of age, the young man took answer the call of the Guardians. Being the first to take of the mantle in his family brought them a lot pride but it eventually so rare that they only way to see each other was video chat which eventually caused the destruction of his relationship at the time. Falling in as a skilled Titan, he gained favor as a soldier and as a vanguard. When he was assigned to his first fire team, he was excited to be working with a team that could watch his back. Hopefully, they will have many good times together.

• Love
Reactions: takeshi dragnel
If you aren't well versed into Destiny. That is ok, I am more than willing to try and explain anything that is on your mind! =D

Last edited:
Character Sheets
Name: Titus Korveau
Appearance:
mikecolterjessicajones-700x400.jpg

Personality: Titus is an interesting man as far as his personality goes you wouldn't think it by looking at him but, behind the 7'2, 300 plus pound frame he is a compassionate soul. Though he somewhat dislikes combat, he won't hesitate to defend himself and others.

Class and Subclass: Titan-Defender
Gear (Nothing above Uncommon rarity and this is purely for aesthetics only. One item per slot.)
Weapon:
Primary: Suros Tyr-14
Special: Graviton ESm
Heavy: Xerxes-C

Armor:
Head: Zhurong Type 0
Chest: Zhurong Type 0
Gauntlets: Zhurong Type 0
Greaves: Zhurong Type 0
Mark/Cloak/Bond: Mark Of The Gatekeeper

Shell: Redux Shell
Ship: Extinction Event
Sparrow: S-20 Cavalier
Background:

all I got for now

Last edited by a moderator:

Name:
Harper
Appearance:
Harper is an entire inch away from being a solid six feet tall. Her snowy white hair is styled to be one long, poofy strip that flows all the way to the back, leaving roughly three-quarters of her head totally hairless. The color of her skin is more blue than it is grey, and her face wears dotted markings that create a bandit-like outline around her eyes, matching with a solid black circle at the center of her chin. Because she favors swiftness over strength, her body is quite willowy, lean, and lightweight. At the most, she's built enough muscle to make running with her sniper rifle less of a challenge. Even so, she has a curvy, feminine shape that resembles a feline when she moves and stretches in certain ways. Her glowing yellow eyes, typically, have a bored look to them that make her hard to read.

Personality:
Since, usually, Harper doesn't have anything nice to say, she hardly talks at all. If you majorly annoy her in some way, or if she likes you, she becomes much more talkative. Be warned, though. She is impolite, stubborn, foul mouthed, harsh, and has a sickly twisted sense of humor. At the same time, people come to appreciate her confidence, brutal honesty, and well-timed words of encouragement. Although she has the style of a cold, calculated killer, she is fueled by a furious fire of passion that comes on only when she's putting herself into violent, or otherwise dangerous, situations. She is therefore quite fearless and isn't easily intimidated. That isn't to say she's incapable of being friendly. On the contrary, she is interested in having buddies if they can put up with her, and she can put up with them. She's significantly more delightful once she realizes you're someone she can get along with. You'll see her smile more often, she'll become pleasantly easy-going, and she'll tease you constantly if you're okay with it. Should she offend someone she is friendly with, you can expect her to later on pull you aside so she can privately admit she's sorry, and stupid. Harper feels tremendous guilt when her venom does end up stinging people she cares about. And no matter how she feels about an ally, she will watch their back one-hundred percent on the battlefield. Harper tends to get fiercely protective of her comrades.
Class and Subclass:
Hunter, Gunslinger

Gear

Weapon:
Primary:
Maverick Mk. 32 - Uncommon - Hand Cannon > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Special:
Chandragupta-A - Uncommon - Sniper Rifle > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Heavy:
Tamerlane-B - Common - Machine Gun > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net

Armor:
Head:
Battuta 1.0 - Uncommon - Helmet > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Chest:
Battuta 1.0 - Uncommon - Chest Armor > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Gauntlets:
Battuta 1.0 - Uncommon - Gauntlets > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Greaves:
Battuta 1.0 - Uncommon - Leg Armor > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net

Mark/Cloak/Bond:
Cloak of the Reefrunners - Uncommon - Hunter Cloak > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Shell:
Standard Shell - Uncommon - Ghost Shell > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Ship:
NS66 Cloud Errant - Uncommon - Ship > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Sparrow:
S-22 Nomad - Uncommon - Vehicle > Destiny Items > Armory | Bungie.net
Background:
Harper never felt like she belonged anywhere well enough to stay in place for long. She therefore took to a nomadic lifestyle that satisfied her adrenaline addiction fairly well. Being constantly on the move while she explored different parts of the world equaled plenty of dangers and excitement for the light skinned thrill seeker. A main focus of hers has been exploring ruins for the possible hazards they held, and because she was curious as all hell. This also did a good service to others because if Harper had recently visited someplace, chances were it was safe to settle there for at least a good while. She takes pride in her ability to swiftly scope through an area so she can remove its infestations and secure it. This provides an even greater purpose later on as she joins her team of fellow Guardians. Unless she is ordered to do otherwise, you will not see much of Harper because she's either scouting ahead, or setting up far out of sight to make headshots and watch for threats she may need to warn teammates about. She is eager to be useful in every ways she can be, and for once feels like she'll fit in somewhere. The intensity of the battlefield has everything she needs to feel alive.

Last edited:
Get a CS up then ya noob. XD

Name:chief
Personality:hates everyone but himself
Class and Subclass:hunter
Weapon:
Primary:
Special:
Heavy:
Armor:
Head:
Chest:
Gauntlets:
Greaves:
Mark/Cloak/Bond:
Shell:
Ship:
Sparrow:
Background:

Hey guys, how are those sheets coming along? ;D

I'm going to work on mine tomorrow morning. :3 I'll let you know if it'll end up taking longer than that to finish.

• Thank You
Reactions: Cerulean
Just claiming a spot for now! I've got some studying to do and a character to figure out. Thanks again for the invite!

Character Sheets
Name:
Personality:
Class and Subclass:
Weapon:
Primary:
Special:
Heavy:
Armor:
Head:
Chest:
Gauntlets:
Greaves:
Mark/Cloak/Bond:
Shell:
Ship:
Sparrow:
Background:
[/hr]

Thinking of signing up. But before that:

I'm slightly confused - the description of the RP states that the characters are revived by Ghosts - which is all well and good and how it should be. But the background of Cerulean's character is that he 'signed up' to be a Guardian, which, from a lore standpoint, doesn't really make sense.

So, uuh... how does that work?

I moved a bit away from the lore, because they have not really delved too much into the question of "What the fuck was I doing lying dead in the middle of Russia?" You just sort of get revived and go on an impromptu adventure.

Which isn't a terrible thing, but it leaves people who who played Destiny, and anyone who joins this rp without any real sense of personal backstory.

So I decided to give any potential players more power to really fine tune who their character is, as opposed to them just being defined by their Guardian accomplishments and not much else. Especially since they are starting as new recruits after any sort of heroism has already been done. It makes this rp a bit more AU but I don't think that's a bad thing, with the lack of fleshing things out for a given character.

Either way, this is an rp and not the MMO. More detailed character creation seems like it's begging to be done.

As for the character, he isn't following the exact framework that has been set for the players (because plot reasons). But like I said, if you have a good enough idea, that you may be able to execute it as well.

Name: Cassius
Appearance:
12118777_1039531766077286_3309465326102468912_n.jpg

(you can't see it but he has glowing yellow eyes)

Personality: curious, analytical, determined, fierce, loyal, courageous
Class and Subclass: Void Walker
Gear
Primary: SUROS TYR-14
3ed0f1f56bc1dcea315ef6438d8f002a.jpg

Special: Hawkwood-A
4d7a7c589975a2eb8b554a05e4cf5329.jpg

Heavy: Planetary CSc
26b062d679b725fcb60bfab8a3faaedb.jpg

Armor
Head: Terra Bide
4253a777eb2cf877cc2e27846da2b8b9.jpg

Chest: Terra Bide
f2b3d655271d5d4e055db16072f50017.jpg

Gauntlets: Terra Bide
7856f8694190ba7e4c3b1543dfc5505f.jpg

Greaves: Terra Bide
5bbd123341b834e3c2e76d72cdea299e.jpg

Bond: Terra Clasp
1fadb33420c11648c8fa2d834824a6be.jpg

Shell: Ishtar Shell
bac887839d000916b140ea34d469d665.jpg

Ship: CX20 Spindle Demon
11c317f1dd12f87d6b9388a11f8fdba9.jpg

Sparrow: S-21 Nomad
83e279ea1315addb1901c02f99dc5c89.jpg

Background: Cassius has always prided himself on being what he calls a "Warrior Scholar." Constantly studying the void and its effects on different beings, as well as the culture and strategies of armies that assault the traveler. He finds himself most fascinated by the Cabal and their war-based society. So great was this fascination that he not only pays especial attention to matters concerning them, but he even went so far as to learn their language, so that he could read their texts and understand their communiques without need for his ghost, which he named Virgil, to translate. As such, he jumped at the chance to see them in action for an extended period of time, and thus volunteered to be sent to the Rubicon Wastes, when the call came for Guardians to battle them on their own turf.

Reactions: Cerulean