Demon Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
"But I hate doing nothing" sighing as I knew arguing wouldn't do me any good. Lies down on the cot and slowly relaxes something I hadn't done in several years, feeling oddly at ease. Realizes Elle is blushing badly and the sees why and goes to stop her then gives up knowing it would of been futile. "You didn't have to do that I hope you know that." Blushes ever so slightly.
"Then say that earlier..." she said quietly, though she continued treating him.

Arie felt a smile spread a crossed her face as Elle turned red and muttered, "you're as bad as Celesta fallen for the knight in armor." She teased Elle before giving Granite a look, "like hell you are boy you're sitting here on ur pretty lil ass until you're 100% healed. And if your tin suit means so much to you I'll take it to a metal nymph to get it fixed tomorrow." Rising one eye brow her eyes glaring into his daring him to say anything against it.
"It's natural to care for the injured, no...?" she muttered right back at her.

Arie smirks and sarcasm drips off her words like water on plastic, "Because your blind idiocy is causing you not to see that there are two beautiful girls in this bunker whos names I wont mention that find you somehow appealing to the eye." Teasingly nudges at Elle trying not to laugh before escaping to the other cots and began to check on Will, Ren, and Kai. Taking her time with Kai by carefully checking his injuries and everything else.

"..." Elle remained silent for a bit, but was still blushing. "Geez, just because I try to help out..."

Smiles "fair enough. But honestly I am nothing but a broken soldier who will put everyone before himself." Looks down at my self and covers myself in a blanket trying to make it less quote on quote attractive.

Arie still at Kai's side smiled over at Elle, "I was just teasing because your face turned red dork." She giggled and added, "pay back for calling me cute." And stuck out her tunge playfully like a child.

Having finished treating Granite, Elle stood up and began to head for the kitchen. She laughed a little as Arie made fun of her.
"Fair enough," she told her, a small smile on her face. "Anything you guys wanna eat?"

Arie giggled and her eyes grew wided, "muffins!" She called out like a lil kid and jumped onto the cot next to Kai's swinging her legs off the side of it. It was one of her many joys of being only 5'4.

"The perimeter seems to be secure," Celeste said as she walked back into the common area, "No sign of any demons. The waterfall entrance is apparently only meant as back door. The main entrance is back that way. There's even an underwater dock with boats."

The red head girl then checked her military issue watch and considered the time. She pressed a button and the countdown timer to dawn appeared. One of the many preset timers handy for combating demons, vampires and undead. There was still some time until dawn. They would have to set a watch schedule.

Walking up to the cot containing Granite she sat gingerly on the edge and looked him over.

"You're looking better at least."

Blushes deep red and stammers "I'm doing okay yes, thanks for noticing." Hides under the blankets smiling. "You didn't see anything from me" I call out from under the blanket.

Arie glares at granite, "im not cute!!" And huffs and sticks out my tongue at him like I did Elle before hand and giggles as Celesta sits next to him watching in amusement.

Peaks out from under the covers at Celeste and murmurs something that may have been something a long the lines of "come cuddle me I'm cold." Blushes massively again.

Arie giggled and her eyes grew wided, "muffins!" She called out like a lil kid and jumped onto the cot next to Kai's swinging her legs off the side of it. It was one of her many joys of being only 5'4.
Elle picked up some materials, looking for anything that would let her bake some muffins. Despite the small amount of ingredients, she managed to find things that would let her bake them. She made 12.

"So who wants...muffins for dinner," she asked softly, bringing them in.

"Sure I'll try one or two" looks at Elle regathering myself from Celeste. Sits up and takes two, "thank you" smiles warmly at her.

Celeste was rather astonished by these people. They had seen their friends and comrades murdered. Thought their homes had been destroyed and here they were engaging in playful banter.

"Oh my goodness," Celeste complained, rolling her green eyes, "You are all such children. Do you people not have any idea how many friends we lost today? We could possibly be the only survivors."

Looks at Celeste "You know the fact that we lived is reason enough to celebrate especially if the head master and the others couldn't live." Looks down slightly ashamed of my actions. "Also death no longer bugs me, I've seen my own mother and father die before me, countless comrades too. Death has lost its sting to me. When I say I'm a broken soldier I don't say that lightly." My blue eyes steely cold. "But in honesty I'm tormented and plagued every night by the faces of my lost loved ones and friends."

Arie taking a muffin as well smiling and thanking Elle then smiles at celesta adding to what Granite said, " what would be the point in their deaths if we sat around and mopped about them. Im sure they'd rather us be happy then crying." Sadness bubbled into her eyes and she thought of everyone but still managed to keep a smile.

Elle sighed and placed the muffins down. "Of course we know that. But this was to be expected. We're trained to slay demons. I doubt any of us trained with the idea of this being a particularly safe lifestyle. Whether we're the only ones left, or there are more elsewhere, it doesn't matter right now. Right now, it's just us. We're all stressed. This is probably some of the only downtime we'll have before either being attacked or deciding to search for other survivors. We should enjoy it, so that we may focus better in the future. We can't change what has already happened."

Arie trying to change the mood playfully comes up and hugs Elle from behind giggling she says, "I like how you think and your muffins you'll make a good wifey!!" With that she laughs and lets her go having the biggest grin on her face.

Tears welling up in my eyes turn my back to everyone and begins to cry softly thinking of my parents and the many times I had wished it could of been me instead. Curls up slightly and hugs my knees. "Having memories of their faces only makes things worse, so I try to forget them."

Arie trying to change the mood playfully comes up and hugs Elle from behind giggling she says, "I like how you think and your muffins you'll make a good wifey!!" With that she laughs and lets her go having the biggest grin on her face.
"Ack!" Elle exclaimed, surprised. She was usually the loner type, and wasn't used to other people touching her. Not to mention she was quite small, standing at just over 5', so being grabbed was usually bad news out there. She turned around to see Arie laughing, though she could see in her eyes that she had been depressed by the topic Celeste brought up. Elle knew better than to bring that up.

She scratched the back of her neck nervously. "Th-thanks...I wasn't sure how they'd turn out but I'm glad you liked them." she said, giving a sheepish smile to the other girl. She heard Granite beginning to cry, though couldn't see it since he'd turned away. She wasn't sure what to do. Did he want to be comforted? Or was it something he needed to sort out himself?

Hugs myself even tighter wishing someone would come and comfort me but the chances of that we're quite slim. Curls up under the blankets and tries to forget.

Celeste was confused by the disrespectful nature of the hunters. Normal people would be more solemn. They would bow their heads and utter a prayer or offer up a salute or toast to those that had fallen. These people, they were monsters, feeling little in the way of sorrow. Granite in particular, though more understandable, was without much in the way of emotion. No wonder Demon Hunters were so successful. They were monsters trained to fight monsters.

Celeste considered that as she rose and walked away. She didn't feel much like socializing, not with these... people. Besides, she still had the MREs.

Status
Not open for further replies.