Demon Slayer

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arie giggled and laughed at their childish ways trying to think back to a time where she had laughed like this, and deep down she wised time would freeze where her and Elle could stay here in the bunker with everyone else and live happily. Not having to worry about the academe or fighting for their lives every time they step off holy ground. She laid there peacefully for a moment listening to everything surrounding her. Kai's low snores, Ren and Wills breaths of sleep, Celesta and Granite talking a few paces away from everyone, and the sound of Elle's cheery giggle. Arie opened her eyes looking over at Elle and smiled still playing along, "nope I dont know what you're talking about I have never heard of this magic thing called blushing before in my life!" She stated playing innocent she giggled smiling at Elle it almost seemed as if her eish had come true.
"Oh? You sure?" Elle asked teasingly. "I remember you doing this 'magical thing you never heard of' not too long ago," she said, referring to both when Arie was taking about Kai and just now. It was surprisingly cheerful and fun given their circumstances. But it was much better than facing the gravity of their situation, for now at least. This time couldn't last forever, despite both their wishes.

As she finished her sentence she heard movement and a clinking noise from the next cot over. Instinctively, she sat up immediately, only to see it was just Kai, who had apparently woken up. "Feel free to eat," she told him, hearing his stomach growl. "We'll probably be sticking to one meal a day to save food, so I recommend eating your share."

She could also hear Celeste trying to get Granite away from her. She hadn't seemed happy with the group's attempted cheerfulness. Elle understood. She was usually a realist herself, but she didn't want to deal with it this time. Not yet. But Elle figured Celeste could use the company, though it was not her place to suggest anything regarding the two, so long as it didn't end in violence. They needed to keep the group together, after all.

Celeste rolled her eyes. Pressed up against the mildew covered cement wall of the bunker she tried not to think about the youth hugging her. His presence was bothering her. He smelled good. Such a sweet innocent monster. For a long moment she considered pulling out her pistol and putting several rounds into his gut. That would get him to leave her alone.

"Get off..." Celeste said, her voice devoid of all emotion, "Get off me now."

She could feel it, a warmth deep inside her. His inner light sang, twisted though it may be. She practically wanted to eat this boy. It was something she couldn't acknowledge. She couldn't sleep with him. It wasn't safe.

"People don't touch me," she added, shoving him away, "Not since... not since the demons tried to get a cambion on me."
Looks at Celeste and says in an undertone making sure only she could hear. "I'm not just a human, demon hunter or anything of that sort. I am not normal and I know what you can do to me and I don't care. I am distraught and in need of comforting can or can't you put aside what you are and how feel for two seconds and just try to comfort me please?"

Looks at Celeste with eyes filling with tears and slowly adds. "I've never cried in front of anyone I feel week an vulnerable. I don't want to feel that way and I only feel at ease with you."

Feeling my heart beating faster knowing I had never been this open before and it felt good to finally let it out. All I had ever wanted was to be understood and treated as such. And for whatever reason Celeste seemed to understand him.

He wanted to know her better and learn to be whole again but it had to be with her, for whatever reason it just had to be with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kai saw the unfamiliar girl turn to him.

"Feel free to eat. We'll probably be sticking to one meal a day to save food, so I recommend eating your share."

"I'm not hungry," he mumbled, though he started to sit up anyway. Logically he knew that he should eat while he had the chance, but something was taking away his appetite. There was just something wrong, deep down in his gut, though he wasn't sure what it was yet.

Arie hearing Kai's voice and sat up excitedly, "Hey kai you feeling better?" she asked with a worried look in her eyes. Crawling over Elle and off the cot she made her way to his cot. When she reached his side she pressed the inside of her wrist to his forehead taking his temperature, and ignoring the commotion between Celesta and Granite.

"Yes," Kai said, though he still didn't feel quite right. It was still an improvement; if necessary he could probably fire the crossbow he'd retrieved or something. Arie's wrist felt cool against his forehead. "We're in the bunker? How many of us are there?"

"I'm not hungry," he mumbled, though he started to sit up anyway. Logically he knew that he should eat while he had the chance, but something was taking away his appetite. There was just something wrong, deep down in his gut, though he wasn't sure what it was yet.
Elle shrugged. "Suit yourself," she said, hopping off the cot and grabbing a muffin.

"We're in the bunker? How many of us are there?"
"Yeah," she answered after finishing the muffin up. "7 of us, total. By the way, is that crossbow yours? Celeste said something about losing a crossbow earlier."

She smiled down at him his question made her pause and start counting names on her figures than sat on the edge of his cot and smiled pointing to Elle who was on Arie's cot, "Well that's Elle she made the muffins and shes really cute if you can get her to fidget and act all shy." Arie laughed a little then moved on and pointed to Will and Ren's cot, "The little guy over there is Will and the chick next to him is his protector. She like you in a way you both airnt Slayer or mortal." then pointing to the other end of the bunker where Granite and Celesta stood, Celesta looking like she wanted to kill the man, "The other red head is Celesta and the man next to her is Granite." she returned her smiled to Kai, "and you already know who i am." Arie giggled a little

"No, it's not mine, unless finders keepers qualifies--I took it from a fallen Slayer," Kai said, glancing over at the other woman. Shy and fidgety? That was a strange way to describe someone. He wondered what Elle's combat skills were. She had to be good if she'd made it here.

He listened to Arie's introduction, but interrupted before she could finish. "What do you mean, like me--I'm a Slayer and I'm mortal! I always have been!"

"Well that's Elle she made the muffins and shes really cute if you can get her to fidget and act all shy."
"You..." Elle shook her head. "Yes, I'm Elle, and I did make the muffins. It'd be best if we could move on from that last bit..." she told Kai. Apparently the crossbow wasn't Celeste's, then, unless another Slayer had picked it up and died. What her skill set likely composed of would have been obvious by her two weapons, a knife and a larger blunt weapon called a zanbato. However, as she was not holding them at the moment, any random guess was as good as another.

At Kai's outburst Elle smirked. "I figured we all were. Though I haven't talked with most of you very much."

Arie sighed, "I have an ability that allows me to feel energies.. You're like my brother.. I'm assuming that before i found you in the woods you must of been bitten and got demon blood in you and thats why you cant touch holy items anymore." before continuing she ran her finger over the cross and bead shaped scars in his palm and added, "you're part demon now, and if we hadn't of put medicane on you when we did you would of become full demon." she said sighing and tears began to surface as she thought of her brother, "It happened to my brother.. The academe killed him saying he was dangerous, but after his death i looked into it.."

Kai stared at Arie in disbelief. His hand twinged as she touched his palm, and he jerked it back, cradling it in his other hand.

"That's not possible." Part of him knew he was being irrational, that this made an awful kind of sense, but he couldn't let himself believe that. He couldn't be one of them. The gashes on his back burned again. "I-I would be dead if a demon had bitten me."

Elle had known that Arie's brother was killed, but not the reason. It appeared their new friend Kai here was suffering from a similar condition. Seeing Arie about to cry, she walked behind her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Clearly not," she stated flatly to Kai. "We wouldn't get anything from lying to you about this. You should just be glad you're alive, no?" She clenched her fists, though it shoved in the pocket of her yellow hoodie. She was a bit frustrated. People were worrying for survival, and he was worrying about being alive. Though she couldn't blame him for it, anyone would likely be worried about becoming a part demon, she didn't like it.

Arie raised an eyebrow at his reaction and adding to Elle, "The clear stuff granite put on you drew out the blood thats why your skin bubbled and got irritated and besides if it was a bite that could kill us i dont think the academe would of lasted as long as it did." she smiled and added, "our slayer blood acts like a demon repellent in a way so if they bite us we wont die, but its when their blood gets in our system we either become hybrids half slayer half demon or we become full demon and our soul dies." Arie looked at his expression and gave him a smile adding softly, "It's nothing to be ashamed of majority of us in the bunker airnt completely slayer anyways, me for example why do you think i can boost my abilities, sense energies, and other stuff that most slayers cant." she looked away embarrassed for the only people who were suppose to know was the head master and herself.

Kai hesitated, and then his shoulders slumped in relief. It was gone. He was fine. It was curable. He'd just overreacted. He looked down at his hands, flexed his fingers.

"Thank you," he said quietly. He didn't contradict Arie or Elle, mention the way his family had always handled and talked about demons. Bad to the bone, soulless, irredeemable. If they used to be one of you, that just makes them more dangerous; your sentimentality could get you and everyone you love killed. But no, he was safe.

Studying his face for a moment Arie could see he had relaxed and smiled at his thanks, "Always." she smiled. She could feel herself getting attached to the new addition of the team but she didn't understand why just yet. Looking off to the side she played with a piece of her hair watching as the red lock played between her fingertips.

Elle nodded at Kai and took a seat on her own cot. "What's the plan now?" she asked. "We're going to have to figure out where we can go. If we stick to one meal a day, we'll probably have enough for, say, a week and a half. And by the end of that we'll be weaker than we are now since we won't be eating much. If we're going to figure something out, now would be the time."

She knew Elle was right, "true.." Arie's body started to glow for a brief second has she sensed where the moon was, she would ask Celesta the time but by the looks of it she was caught up with lover boy. "Its around 12-1 in the morning right now, i say those who haven't gotten sleep need to rest. When the sun rises again we can probably do some exploring around the area and set up some traps for deer and animals to try to increase our food supply, but at some point i was hoping we could go to the academe and investigate around a bit and try to figure out what happen as well as replenish our weaponry." Arie didn't have to check her ammo to know it was getting low after she had been attacked trying to save Kai earlier, and her katanas were at the academe still locked away in her room.

"That sounds like a good course of action," Elle agreed. She had some things still left at the Academy that she'd much rather keep with her. "I guess we'll just get some rest then." She shifted to lay down on the cot and closed her eyes. It'd take a little while to get to sleep with Granite and Celeste in the background, though.

Arie smiled, "night Elle" and bounced off Kai's cot she turned and smiled at him,"hey if you need someone to talk to im always here for you!" She smiled at him studying his face for a moment before crawling into her cot only a foot or so from his. Rolling onto her stomach she looked passed Kai and watched Celesta and Granite talk playing around with the thought of them ever being together and she started to giggle a little.

"We're going to need to check the Academe in any case. They'll have supplies and weapons, unless it's been utterly destroyed," Kai said, glad for the change of subject. "And there might be survivors, or allies coming to help out. We're not alone, though it may take time for the news to spread, and anyone who comes to help us will probably go to the Academe first."

He nodded at the suggestion of sleep; he was still tired. Saying quiet thanks to Arie for the offer, he lay back, wincing a little as he tried to find a comfortable position.

Status
Not open for further replies.