Demon Heart, Demon Throne

Iridessa nodded, her smile not faltering. "Yes, Prince. But if you are tired, you must rest. We can save our talk for another day, your majesty." Iridessa felt as if every word she just said was acid. She hated, loathed, the rank separation between them. "Im sure your day has been stressful." Iridessa said, still struggling to keep up a smile. There was a feeling deep in her that she knew not the name of, yet despised.

He hesitates, feeling a faint taint in her usual pure badly innocence. The prince pauses considering , pondering the reprocussions before signing. He walks forward making her step back against the wall putting his hands on either side of her, pressed to the wall. "Miss Iridessa, if you have something to say to me, I give you full permission to speak freely to me," tilting his head a bit, watching her expression.

Iridessa's breath hitched in her throat. Those red eyes seemed to beg her to proclaim her love and adoration for him. He had just given her permission after all. "I... Prince... I despise the rank separation between you and I. I am very content with my life, but it puts a barrier between myself and you that I wish did not exist." Iridessa admitted. It was not a proclamation of love, but it was close.

He studies her still, listening. A few moments of silence pass.

"I see..." He lowers his hands from the wall standing up straight since again. "Your question earlier...what type of woman would I need for a queen... From what I've seen so far, I'd need someone like you." He turns slowly walking back toward his room, but he pauses glancing back over his shoulder at her. "If you ever need anything, come to me, and I'll do what I can. Goodnight iri." He walks away shutting the door to his room after him. As he does he leans back against it slowly sliding down into the floor. The only sound he hears is the quick short breaths from himself, and the odd sensation of his heart pounding, for once,not in rage. He slowly over hiw hand over his chest to where his heart is, touching it lightly.

Iridessa was left stunned. Her heart constricted in her chest, the began to race. Someone like her? Iridessa's mind began to race with the implications of those words. As a grin spread across her face, she twirled on the spot. Once in bed, she fell asleep with a smile. Her dreams were peaceful, and most centered around the prince.

The prince lays awake silently. Why did he say that? Even though it was true. He couldn't be eith a servant.. He sits up in his dark room and gets up reaching up to his long silver hair pulling it back Ina slightly loose ponytail,keeping it out of his face walking to his table turning on a lamp and opening the old leather books, beginning to work on the records, hoping to distract himself.

Night passes and he lays slumped at the table on the record books the ink feather in his hand still some silver hair, a blot of black ink is visible on it. He seems to have fell asleep while doing the records.

In the morning, the prince had slept late, and it fell upon Iridessa to bring him his breakfast and wake him up. She knocked on his door. "Breakfast." She said, waiting to be invited in.

He stirs slightly at the table raising his head with a faint groan, squinting a bit at the morning light which shines on him and the table. "Come in.." Mumbling faintly.

Iridessa came in with his breakfast and set it on a clear space on the table. "Good morning your majesty." She said politely, giving him a small smile.

He grumbles a bit in an early morning bad mood, not noticing the large black ink spot in his hair as he sits up slightly.

Though the prince did not, Iri noticed the spot of ink in the prince's hair. "M'lord, you seem to have a splotch of ink in your hair." Iridessa said, the corner o her mouth lifting slightly.

He moves his gaze bad temperedly to his hair which is still resting on top of a record book next to him. His eyebrow twitches slightly. As weird as it was, his hair was one of the few things he was proud of. He curls his lip, "how am I going to get it out.. Damn ink.."

"Your majesty, as I have run into this problem before, I would suggest a lavender and rosemary poultice." Iridessa said. "Adding a touch of lemon juice as well would heighten the effectiveness." Iridessa smiled slightly at his expression.

He sighs standing up still in a bit of a sleep daze. He pulls off his shirt easily, throwing it to the side reaching up starting to undo his hair. His physique is perfect, not too muscular but definitely defined, and pale flawless skin. "Help me with that then"

Iridessa's eyes widened for only a moment before she averted her gaze and began to rifle through a bag she was carrying. "I have a jar of it here, your majesty. I keep it with me since the gardener will get ink on his hair and skin often." Iri said and pulled out a jar with a white creamy substance inside. Iridessa kept her eyes on the wall of the room to keep herself from staring at the prince. He was quite perfect... She mentally scolded herself for the thought.

"Mind helping me wash it then?" Walking toward the bathroom letting his hair down as he does. It slides down his back silkily.

Iridessa froze, but quickly followed behind him. She thought about protesting, but knew better than to disobey a request from the royal famiy.

He walks into the giant bathroom with the natural mineral spring bath like a large steaming pond, a few elegant white flowers floating on the surface of the water. He walks over to the edge, keeping the white sleeping pants on as he steps into the water ducking under it for a few seconds before coming back up, glancing over, "helping?"

Iridessa hurriedly opened the jar. She set it down as she kneeled at the side of the tub. Iridessa lightly gathered the hair with the ink in one hand and got some of the poultice in her other hand. Iri rubbed the poultice into the ink covered hair gently, kneading it so that it would be sure to get all the ink out.

He stands quietly, starting to wake up a bit from his daze looking toward her slightly over his shoulder. His hair is silky to the touch and shines like polished silver.