Demon Heart, Demon Throne

Since the poultice works slowly, Iridessa began to hum absentmindedly as she kneaded it into his hair. She couldn't help but admire his hair as she worked. It was long and silky, and it shined in a way that made Damon look otherworldly.

He feels his heart speeding up a bit like it did the night before and he looks ahead quietly, waiting for her to finish, listening to her humming.

Once Iri finished, she let his hair fall back into the water. "Rinse the poultice out and you should be good to go, your majesty." Iridessa said, closing the jar and standing. "Is there anything else you need m'lord?"

He hesitates, but turns after a moment looking at her a bit. A second passes before he reaches out putting a hand on her cheek pulling her forward slightly, leaning a bit as well, lips meeting hers.

Iridessa felt sparks where he touched her cheek, fireworks when his lips touched hers. Her eyes fluttered closed as she reveled in the embrace. She remembered her envy for the flower tenday before, and her heart sped up as she noticed the same tenderness on her cheek. This was something that rose would never feel. This softness, this tenderness, this electric feeling.

He moves his other hand slightly to her other cheek some hair falling, brushing her cheer as he kisses her, the flutter feeling stronger, almost too strong to take. He could feel his heart in his throat, the strange sensation warmth spreading slowly through his body.

Iridessa placed one of her hands on top of his, feeling tingles throughout her being as she responded to his kiss.

After a minute or two, he pulls back slightly, opening his eyes looking at her, hands still on her cheeks. That's it, he was going to make sure that there was a way to work out being with her, even if it was a secret.

After a moment, Iridessa realized what had just happened and blushed. Since he didnt pull away or comment, she sat there, staring into his red eyes.

"I want to know... How you feel about me exactly...truthfully and completely..." Murmuring it softly studying her eyes in return.

"I..." Iridessa said, hesitating. "Prince Damon, I've been in love with you for years." Iri said, truth and sincerity ringing throughout her words.

He blinks a bit in surprise even though he asked for the truth and smiles slightly. "Then its settled..." He lowers his hands from her cheeks. "I'd like to see you more often miss Iri."

Iridessa smiled. "I would like that as well." She said. "Oh, but your breakfast must be getting cold with all the time we've been in here. Is the ink out?" Iridessa asked, her cheeks a bit pink still.

He doesn't bother checking and smiles faintly stepping out of the hot spring bath. Taking a towel putting it over his shoulders slightly walking past back into the main room.

Much to Iri's surprise, the princes breakfast was still warm. As the prince walked in the room, Iridessa couldn't help but look him over. Iridessa touched her lip gently and smiled, still thinking of the kiss.

He sits down starting to eat a bit before pausing, "I'm going to be a bit late to the second part of the meeting, would you mind helping me brush my hair? It'd be much faster.."

"Sure." Iridessa said, grabbing a brush from his nightstand. She gathered his hair in her hands and started to gently brush it.

He eats as she brushes his hair, looking out the balcony doors at the kingdom.

"Prince, what are you thinking about?" Iridessa asked, gently trying to work out a stubborn knot.

"Nothing really important,.." He murmurs, while in truth he was thinking about a lot of important things. Their relationship, his parents, the upcoming ball and the need to pass a few laws.