Demon Heart, Demon Throne

He nods and holds out his hand to her, smiling faintly, "Of course my lady, I'd be honored."

Iridessa led him out onto the dance floor, where they twirled and spun just like the other couples on the floor. Half way through the song, iridessa asked, "Any requests?" Whispering in his ear.
(( is it just me or does I Could Get Used To This by Everlife/The Veronicas seem like their theme song???))

((hahah yeah xDD))

a smile flits across his face whispering back softly, "Not in particular my lady. You know, after this night, you might end up being the princess iri. If you wished it."

Iridessa smiled at him. "All I wish is to be with you, no matter what rank or status." She said. She stared into his red eyes and started singing very softly as they danced.

His eyes soften a bit listening to her soft singing and marvelling at her words a bit. Not many girls in this day and age, especially nobles would ever say that.
"I'm glad.." he murmures with a smile.

After the song ended, the two exited the dance floor. "Damon, you look amazing." Iridessa said, smiling.

"I shouldn'te be the on saying that. You lok more stunning in your dress then I expected.'' he smilse a bit more

Iridessa laughed. "Better than you expected? What an odd thing to say." She remarked. "But still, all the same, kind fortune has brought us here. Say, when do you pick your bride?"

He raises an eyebrow with a faintly tilted smile, "I honestly didn't ask. I had to keep my mind set or so it seemed. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. And it was a compliment. Although, seeing as I've never been one for courting I suppose it wasn't worded the most graceful way."

"Grace does not matter, you have won me without your words." Iridessa smiled faintly. "I was won by you a long time ago. You won me with compassion and love, with duty and concern."

He smiles and it takes almost all of his will not to kiss her right there, in the middle of the dance floor. "I'm glad I'm the one who did...I only regret it was unrequited for so long. If I had known..." he smiles a bit more and twirls her around before pulling her back still dancing with her, "I actually think it's good that it happened now and not before, in a sad way."

"How do you suppose that it is better to know now? I dont follow your train of thought." Iridessa asked

"Because when I was younger my father would've easily found out and never would have let it happen. Now that I'm older I can stand up to him a bit more." he smiles at her as the glide across the dance floor, every womans eyes jealously on iri.

"Yes, that does make sense." Iridessa said, ignoring the jealous glares. "Yes, i agree. It is best for us to be now. And I am glad that we have years ahead of us." The song ended, and a slower song came on.