Demon Heart, Demon Throne

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Iri was shocked. "Umm, well, I suppose." She mumbled, startled by the sudden request. Yet she was more startled by the intensity of his eyes. His red eyes that studied her intently, as if looking at her twisted soul. "I, i mean, yes, m'lord." Iri said

He gives the faintest smile sitting up pushing the food over toward her slightly. "Eat what you like I'm not all that hungry right now..So," he weaves his fingers with each other resting his chin on top of them slightly, studying her, watching her reactions. "Remind me of your name?"

"Iridessa. But most just call me Iri." Iri said, taking a tenative bite out of a red apple. Her heartbeat was sped up at his smile and kind manner. This was the man she had adored for years. She was having a hard time believing that this was real, yet she was determined to savor it.

Damon remains smiling faintly, "Pretty name. It fits you." He chuckles a bit sitting up slightly lowering his hands. Now that he actually thought about it, she had been working for him a long time. Usually he didn't have the time or the will to remember faces and names of servants. But that didn't mean he didn't treat them well. Unlike his parents... Iri had a pure feeling to her, and he could sense it. The pure feeling drew him in, and made him more curious about her then he should. He tilts his head a bit, still studying her a bit absently.

Iridessa's cheeks reddened, and she averted her eyes to the apple that she was eating. His gaze sent her heart racing with so many emotions. Iri flickered her eyes up to his, and admired the way his lashes framed his eyes and cast shadows on his cheeks. He was truly awe inspiring. "Thank you, your majesty." Iri said, a small smile turning up one corner of her mouth.

Damon stands, walking past her with a faint smile. As he does he ruffles her hair a bit, "Eat what you like. I have to go do some things. Perhaps we can talk again later. You're excused from the rest of the days duties as well."

Iri looked at him in shock. "Yes, your majesty. Thank you." She said, her smile growing. After he left the room, Iridessa sat where she was for several minutes. Prince Damon was an amazing man. Iri only ate a bit more before she took the tray back to the kitchen. Though she was excused from duties, she still helped out a bit.

He pulls on his coat once again as he walks down the hallway, pondering. He swore he could still feel the softness of her hair on his hand. He smiles faintly, shaking his head as he heads down to the palace's gardens.

Iridessa happened to be in a garden, helping tend to the plants. The gardener was getting old and appreciated the help. Its what Iri did in her free time. As they tended to some roses, Iri sang to them a song the old gardener had taught her. It made the gardener smile, and helped the flowers grow.

He walks alone into his favorite part of the garden. He'd come here every so often to relax. Upon doing this, he hears the singing. He tilts his head listening, following it slightly. Standing under a rose treless, he watches iri as she sings, standing behind her. He shuts his eyes add he leans against the ornate rose covered arch. Relaxing a bit as her voice washes a soothing wave over him.

Iri stroked the petal of red rose, continuing the song. The gardener had paused, listening to the enchanting song. Iri finished the verse and quieted, smiling. She was thinking of the prince again. She could almost feel his gaze upon her.

He opens his eyes slowly and looks at her faintly, voice quiet, "sing again...?" Something about her voice made Damon feel at ease. Just like the pure feeling he got from her...it was almost a shame she was a servant...

"Sure. Any requests?" Iri asked, not realizing that it was the prince asking. She was still smiling at the flowers, thinking of Damon. Iridessa grabbed the water can, watering the newly planted bulbs.

Noticing she didn't recognize who she was talking to, he takes a chance, "not particularly... Tell me, I'm curious, what are you thinking about when you sing?" Standing up from leaning against the trelless.

"A man. Prince Damon actually." She admitted. "He's what I normally think about these days. He is an amazing man." Iri said, brushing her golden hair out of her face. "Ive worked for him my whole life, yet he continues to amaze me."

He blinks in surprise as moments pass before he gives a faint smile, walking forward, kneeling down next to her reaching out touching a beautiful multicolored rose, "I'm flattered." He says as he gives a soft chuckle, thinking to himself, I wonder if she really does... But that couldn't make her sing so beautifully.

Iridessa looked at him in surprise. She just admitted all that to the man in question. "Prince... What are you thinking about?" Iri asked, feeling a surge of envy towards the rose. The prince's hand caressed the flower so tenderly. Iridessa wished the prince would stroke her cheek in the same manner.

"I'm pondering what could make you sing so beautifully, as it could not be me." He turns a bit and smiles. "There must be something else that does." Prince Damon finds himself studying her features.

Iridessa smiled. "My mother always told me to sing. Whenever i was upset, or if she was upset, or if we were happy. She would always ask me to sing for her. Its the memory of her, i suppose." Iri said. "But part of my voice's ring is you, for you are what i sing about most often." She admitted

He studies her still, curiously, "I see. I'm glad I could help produce such a pretty sound." He smiles faintly, and stands up. "Perhaps, you'd like to speak later tonight. I wouldn't mind talking to someone other then a royal crazy.."