Darling Next Door (Lilium ☆ Lola)

Status
Not open for further replies.
86521e6cd3ee08b61e2560ca520b382a.png

A rosy, yet faint, blush spread across the male's cheeks as he felt the older man's hand on top of his own. Ira gave a small smile as he glanced up at the injured patient before mouthing a thank you. When he replied to his question about the cat, he smiled a bit wide at the fact, nodding in understanding. Right before Ira was about to leave, he glanced over his shoulder before facing Macario once again. "Oh, okay! I'll make sure to stop by then." He said, before waving at him and at the cat, soon leaving afterwards. Out the room, out the hospital, and towards the bakery for few hours of works.

Those few hours were taking a bit longer to pass, or was it just Ira thinking that? The said male shook his head before returning back to work, finishing a few more loaves of bread and whatnot. After the last hour of his shift finished, Ira went to gather his things, checking out and headed home to take a quick shower and changing into comfortable clothes, just as a long-sleeved, white shirt and a pair of thin, black sweatpants. Once he arrived home and finished doing what he need, Ira grabbed his book bag and his phone and wallet before heading back out. He walked to the direction of the hospital, sighing deeply as he did so.​

3f929ec3cb2aa4fb41ce2c39bc434406a8531abfdc9cf095f873cb45.ico

The rest of the day was stressful for Macario. He kept asking the same nurse to do things for him, to bring him his pillow, to bring him his blanket, to do this and that, until the hospital almost felt too home-like. The hospital bed was set up like his one at home, by the bed was a basket full of novels from his bookshelf, to the other side was a bowl of water and a can of cat food. It was really starting to feel like home. The issue was that because it felt like home, he was constantly forgetting where he was, trying to get up or trying to do things himself only to feel excruciating pain from his abdomen. It was frustrating to not be able to get up, to do what you want, and he was hating the feeling.

By the evening, he was quietly propped up while he read yet another book and pet his cat again. It was strange because this is what he had been doing all day. Sitting in this bed, propped up, petting his cat and reading a book. Usually when he was in this situation he would be at home and he would be happy to just be doing it, but when he was here it just felt like in the back of his mind, he knew this wasn't his home. He knew this wasn't where he belonged and that made him uncomfortable.

"Alright, thank you for telling me, Ms.Dua." Ira said as he walked passed the front desk, where he have been talking to the nurse for a few minutes before leaving to go see the injured man. He waved at the older woman as he made his way to the elevator. Once he reached the metal doors of the elevator, Ira walked in and pressed the floor number that Macario was staying up. The young male only has three or four hours to visit the older man. A tired sigh escaped from the lips of the dark haired teen as he left the elevator when the door opened, heading towards the room the patient was staying. He would smile briefly at the nurses and doctors who would walk past him and greet him.

When Ira reached the hospital room, he walked in and smiled at the older man as his eyes glanced around the room. He noticed the bed from the hospital being different, a basket of novels, a bowl and cat food. A brow rose up as Ira made his way to the chair next to Macario's bed. He saw the cat and smiled softly at her as well before placing his bag on the white tiles. "Good evening, Mr. Macario. How are you feel right now?" He asked, glancing over at him with a small smile.

"I'm feeling wonderful." Macario let out a sigh and smiled as he closed his book and looked at the younger man. "Keep in mind, that's mostly the pain medication, but for right now I'm pretty okay." He hummed as he kept letting his eyes run over Ira's form before he reached out and took his hand like he did earlier. "Tell me about your day, everything about it." He said in a soft, tired sounding voice. Sure, he had spent the entire day resting but he was tired of this situation. He was here all day with the only sounds of the room being his monitors, the lowered volume of the tv, and Silvia's pitter pattering around the room. He never knew how much he loved going to work and listening to all of those men, young and old, talk about their families or their lives. So, Macario was smiling at Ira and being as kind as he could. He felt that he wanted to establish a connection quickly so that him inviting the younger man here wouldn't be selfish. If he ever found out that Ira wasn't enjoying his time here, Macario would send him away immediately. Therefore, he hoped to be useful in anyway he could and would listen to anything Ira said to him.

Ira nodded in understanding to the older man's answer, smiling gently before turning to the sound of the cat walking around. Though, he glanced back at Macario after feeling his hand, quite large than his, being taken by the man. The same rosy blush from before dusted his cheeks. "Oh, m-my day... Well, i-it was very tiring... There were many orders to take care off. I have to do as twice as baking. During work, I have burned myself more than once, but good thing it didn't leave much of a burn.." Ira responds, chuckling lightly. The young male glanced around the hospital room before turning to look back at the injured patient. It felt... strange talking about his day and everything. Ira had never been able to talk about himself too much. Maybe it was because he never got the chance to, or was too afraid to sound selfish. A heavy sigh escaped the teen's lips before it formed into a smile. "Um, I-I think that pretty much it..." He muttered, shrugging his shoulders as his eyes glanced at their hands, the blush still being a light pink color. "O-oh, actually, my father called... He said mother and he are going to stay out of town for another month... or two I believed..." Ira gazed away from their hands and let his eyes flickered over to Macario's. "You know... sometimes I feel like my parents don't want to be together... Actually, a few months ago, before we moved, my mother was furious with my father, and that's because he came home quite late. Mother thought he was having an affair behind her back. On that night, they were fighting..." Ira trailed off, his eyes turning away from the older man's and stared at the white tiles instead. "S-sorry, I was rambling too much..." He said, letting out a nervous chuckle.​

Macario had started listening with a smile. He really did enjoy listening to him about his day. It was strange of course, he used to love his alone time but now he felt that he needed this. The patient listened thoroughly but by the end his smile had faded into a frown and he was staring at Ira. "Hey... Kiddo..." He spoke in a soft tone and squeezed his hand. He was absent-mindedly playing with the younger man's fingers, "You can ramble with me. Don't ever feel like you're not allowed to talk, don't feel like you need to stop, or that you're being irritating..." He whispered. "Look around... No one else is here besides you. And, nothing interesting is going on around here, trust me. So really, I love listening to you talk, it'll never be a bother. In all honesty? You're presence is a gift." He whispered to him. For a small moment, he met Ira's eyes with his own.

After that moment, he continued on. "Sorry if this is too personal of a question, but don't you get lonely? With your parents being gone all the time... Who do you talk to? Who do you go to when you need something, or when you need advice?"

Upon hearing his sincere words, Ira smiled softly as he glanced at their hands once again before looking back at the other's eyes. Just hearing his tone of voice calmed down the young teenager's wrecking mind. Having too much to think caused him stress. When asked about a few personal questions, Ira gazed away as he thought about it. A sigh escaped from his lips before turning to face Macario. "Um, actually, I never think about that... I mean, sometimes I wonder about it... Being lonely...I don't speak with anybody, nor go to anyone if I ever need or speak about something... Maybe I'm used to being alone..." He responds, muttering the last few words but loud enough for the other male to hear. The loneliness didn't bother Ira until now... Maybe he didn't fancy being alone all the times.​

With his brows furrowed, Macario closed his eyes to help himself think. When he was younger, he always spoke to his parents about everything, there were no secrets in his house. Just imagining being alone when he was a child... The idea sounded terrible. Even now, as a grown man, having absolutely no one to talk to in this hospital was driving him mad. That's when he made his decision. Peering his eyes back open, he looked at Ira and nodded. "Well, I'll do it if you want... Be the person you talk to. The person you come to for advice. I honestly think you're fascinating, and if you're going to take time out of your day to come see me, I want to mean something to you, to help you." He stated, smiling slightly. "I want to know everything about you. I want to be there for you, the same way you're being here for me right now. Is that okay?"

Ira's eyes widened in shock as he listened to the other male, the blush soon returning but on a dark red. He was speechless, to say the least, wasn't really expecting for this man, no more than a few years older than him, be really friendly with him. Ira glanced away from Macario's eyes, his heart somehow beating quite fast for him that he hoped the other doesn't hear it. "T-that's... quite kind of you, Mr. Macario... I-I appreciate the friendly offer, really...It's nice... to finally have someone to speak to..." He said, whispering the last words into the air. Ira was happy, the feeling inside made his heart warm up, especially when the words belong to the older man who just saves him from a hit. "Um, well, I should get on with my homework now... I have an essay due tomorrow and I wasn't able to work on it yesterday." He said, using his free hand to reached inside his bookbag.​

Macario nodded and picked up his novel once more, relaxing in his bed. He tended to have his guard up around people but in that moment the feeling of Ira's presence was amazingly calming. He would've been able to go to sleep if he didn't want to stay up and enjoy the time he had before Ira had to leave. "That's fine... Do you mind working on it here until visitation is over? If you need any help you can ask me. I used to take a whole lot of writing classes." He smiled at him. After that though, he tried to stay quiet for Ira's stake. He already felt selfish about asking the boy to stay here late when he already had so much on his plate, he didn't want to bother him any further. So he quietly started to read his book.

Ira glanced up at the older man after taking out his laptop and a couple of books that will help him with the essay. He smiled gracefully at Macario about his offer. "Thank you, but I'm sure I'll be fine. If I need help with something, I'll let you know then. For now, you should relax. I won't mind staying until visitation is over. Even if I don't finish by then, I'll work on it at home..." He responds, placing the books on the small nightstand next to the bed and him. Ira opened up his laptop and logged in, going to an icon to write his essay on. It was silence after that, the only sounds being the devices in the room and Ira typing. The young teen tried his best to type quietly, so to not disturb the older man.​

To be quite honest, Macario loved listening to the sound of Ira typing. It showed signs of other life in the room and it made him feel less alone. For the rest of the visitation, the older man was quietly resting, but refused to sleep. It wasn't until the nurse came in to remind him of the ten minute warning mark that he opened his eyes to smile at Ira. "Hey, kiddo... I know it might be a lot to ask, and I'm not trying to bother you but... Will you take Silvia home with you?" He asked, picking up the fat, white cat and handing her to the boy. "You've been very kind to her so far, and she can be here during the day but she's not supposed to stay over night so... Would you take her in until I'm better? She just sleeps and eats..."

Ira was packing up his things before turning to face the older man upon hearing his request to take care of his cat. The young teen was actually more than happy to take care of his cat. Ira smiled brightly before waving his hand slightly. "Oh, I don't mind taking care of your cat. Don't worry, I'll drink her when the hours are open again and while I'm at work." He stated, placing the handle of the messenger on his shoulder before taking the cat in his arms. "Oh, speaking of work, tomorrow I'm working at the library and won't come out until seven. For lunch, I'll get out at three." He stated, scratching the white feline behind the ear and hearing her purr."Um, do I buy the food for the cat? I don't mind buy her food for the time being." He said, his eyes glancing over at the other male.​

Macario shook his head and reached over into his basket to grab the keys to his house, and the keys to his car. Then he handed those over to Ira. "Tons of cat food at my house, it's all in the closet in the kitchen." He said with a smile. He knew he was being very trusting, but Ira seemed like a good kid. And if he wasn't? Well, Macario would just wait until the boy's parent's came back and he'd talk to them about it. Then he hummed, "If you know how to drive, you can use my car to get around. Just be careful of course... Take it as a thank you for seeing me, and for taking my little kitty in..."

Ira took hold of the keys with his free hand and put them inside his jacket, nodding at the male's statement. The young teen never actually learn how to drive, so no use to the drive. He'll leave the keys in Macario's house. "Oh, don't worry! It's the least I could do for you. I'll promise to take great care of her." He said, smiling brightly. The nurse came again to remind the teen about the visit hours. He gave a short nod before turning back to the older man. "Well, We'll see you tomorrow then. Have a goodnight, Mr. Macario." He stated, waving at the older man before walking out of the room and soon the hospital.

When Ira reached the last bus stop, he made his way towards the other man's house to bring the cat's food and other things he needs. Once he brought the stuffs over to his house, Ira let the cat roamed through his house to let her get comfortable to Ber new surroundings.​

Macario gave a sad smile as he watched the boy leave, but he still waved. "Have a goodnight Ira... Sweet dreams..." He called after him. He knew that it'd be another, long night in the hospital by himself but at least he knew that Silvia would have fun. She needed a lot of attention but after she got used to the new environment she'd be happy to explore. Macario just hoped that his cat wouldn't mess up anything.... Now that he was thinking about it, he probably needed to order that sweet kid a gift basket or, something, to show his thanks.

Once at Ira's house, Silvia became very whiney and needy. She was a spoiled cat and she wouldn't leave Ira alone. Through the night, everywhere he went she went, letting out loud mewls along the way. It was clear that she missed her owner but she just wouldn't stop whining, regardless if she was picked up, petted, nothing was working. It wasn't until she made it into Ira's room that she pounced onto his bed, and that was when she made herself comfortable on his pillow, then she went to sleep.

After a few minutes past when Ira and the feline arrived at his house, the young teenager panicked when the cat started to whine and whatnot. He fed her food, play with her, petted her, carried her, and other things to make her happy. Though wherever he goes, rather be kitchen or bathroom, Silvia followed the the young boy. Ira thought it was cute, but she did continued to whine more than usual. He figured she missed her owner and/or didn't like the house. Or even worse, didn't like Ira at all. He thought that was ridiculous...but it could happen.

Ira let out a tired sigh as he walked inside his room, watching the cat quickly made her way as soon as she ran passed his legs. Ira smiled at the kitty before going to change in his pajamas and head to bed, careful with the white feline.

When morning came, Ira opened his eyes after feeling a small paw playing with his messy, bed hair. The young teen smiled at the cat before sitting up and placing her on her bed. He glanced over at the digital clock.

It was an hour later that Ira got up from the bed. He fed the cat, played with her for moment, and soon got ready to leave.

When Ira arrived walked inside the hospital, he smiled at the nurse in the front desk and get his sticky visitor pass. He headed up to Macario's room. Once they were there, the cat jumped from his arms and made her way over to the older man. "Good morning, Mr. Macario."​

Macario had been up since about five in the morning. It was certainly lonely, but it was nice to have something to look forward too. He knew that once the young boy had woken up, Ira would come by with Silvia and the room would be filled with sound again. When they finally arrived, the older man gave a wide smile as he extended his hand so that he could pet his cat. Turning his eyes towards Ira, he seemed to be very happy. "Good morning dear." He said, not noticing the added in term of endearment until after he said it. He wanted to catch himself and apologize, but he figured that would make things awkward so he kept going. "You know, you don't have to call me Mr. Macario. It's... Weirdly formal. Especially since I'm not gonna call you Mr. Ira..." He snickered a little bit. "It just sounds weird."

Upon hearing the endearment, a light rsoy blush dusted the cheeks of Ira and a small smile crossing his features. The young, anxious teen nodded shortly in understanding, placing the white feline on the patient's lap. "S-sorry... My parents always told me to respect those oldeer than me..." He muttered, scratching the back of his hand. "Um... How was your morning so far?" He asked, taking a seat in the hospital chair. The dark haired teen checked his watch before glancing over at the other male. He only have an hour and a half to stay with the other, when there's fifteen minutes he'll leave for work.​

"My morning? Pretty lame." He said with a smile as he scratched Silvia's head. "You're very polite you know, I'm sure your parents appreciate that. But why don't you tell me about your night with little Silvia? I know she can be pretty difficult sometimes..." He said. He really didn't want to talk about himself when Ira was here. Since he didn't have any of his family visiting, and didn't ever plan to, Ira was the only person he saw who he cared about seeing. The only thing he looked forward to all day. So he'd much rather talk about the interesting things going on in the young boy's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.