Darling Next Door (Lilium ☆ Lola)

Status
Not open for further replies.
86521e6cd3ee08b61e2560ca520b382a.png

Brown eyes widened at the suggestions from the older woman. Ira had never felt his face feel very warm. From anyone's sight, they'll think he looks like a tomato. Ira waved his hands rapidly in front of him, shaking his head as well. "I-I-I don't think that's a g-good idea, Eileen. I mean, despite all that, I'm pretty sure the nicknames were a couple of mistakes." He stated quickly, trying to calm down the heating of his cheeks. His heart started to pound against his ribcage at the thought of kissing the older man and making a move on him first. "B-besides, what if he doesn't like it...? What if he hates me for it and doesn't want to see me anymore..."​

3f929ec3cb2aa4fb41ce2c39bc434406a8531abfdc9cf095f873cb45.ico

Eileen took hold of Ira's hands, squeezing them gently. "Well, I bet he thinks the same thing about making the first move on you. What if he's scared he'll creep you out because he's older? You've gotta get in there and grab this opportunity by the balls!" She said. She may have been a simple woman, but she most certainly was encouraging. She'd be a wonderful hype man. Smiling even wider, she giggled. "He saved you, it's clear that he likes you. And, if he doesn't like it? Just say there was a misunderstanding! He's old, he'll understand."

I still don't think he'll quite like it... Ira thought, laughing nervously as he let Eileen take hold of hi hands. Ira was sure the Macario would never forgive him if he did just thing. "I'll give it a try then... Thank you, Eileen." He muttered, loud enough for the female worker to hear. The older woman has helped Ira once in a while, she had encouraged Ira to go to college despite his parents not being there. She had encouraged him to achieve his dream of being a chef and whatnot. To Ira, Eileen was like an older sister to him. "We should get back to work now... It seem lunch break would be over soon.."​

Eileen noticed how nervous Ira seemed and she flicked his cheek. "Alright, let's go then. Call me later if things go well, okay? You've gotta remember to keep in touch with me or else I'm going to start showing up at your house to find out what's going on in your life." She said, standing and paying the bill before heading out to her car. It had been awhile since she had been able to drive Ira out to a meal and talk to him, and she was fed up with it. He was a good friend to her, like a sibling, and she absolutely hated not knowing what was going on. Still, she drove him back to work and the rest of the day she had to do her job and leave him alone.

When it was time for the shift to end, Ira let out a heavy sigh. During the time they got back from their lunch break, the thoughts about the conversation he had with Eileen have never left his mind. Whenever he thinks about it, it had caused more stress on the poor boy. So much stress that he didn't want to see Macario whenever he thinks of the little plan. But either way, Ira found himself walking to the direction to the hospital.

Once he had arrived, Ira gave a small smile to the elder lady on the front desk before heading up to the room of the patient. After arriving at the room, Ira stopped on his tracks before going inside. He took a deep breath and let it out, calming his nerves. Once he was ready, Ira walked inside with an awkward smile. "H-hey, I'm back from work..."​

Macario had been playing with Silvia on the bed, finally managing to lay on his side. He looked happy to see Ira, and smiled widely. "Hey there. Come sit down, tell me about your day." He said, running his fingers through the cat's fur. It had only been a few days, but the pain medicine was finally getting regulated and Macario was able to do more. For instance, he could get up without help when he had to pee, he could carefully roll and lay on his side. He was happy to know that he was healing. Plus, once he was finally out of here he planned on taking Ira somewhere nice. To thank him for all the time he spent with a useless old man.

Ira gave a small wave as greetings as he took a seat on the hospital chair. Upon hearing the question, Ira gave a light shrug. "My day have been f-fine... The lunch with my friend was alright too..." He said, smiling slightly at the other male. "We had talked about some things... How my life what's going on... If I have dated anyone and whatnot..." Ira stated, his eyes flickering around as if he was avoiding eye contact. "I have told her about you. She said you sound like a very nice guy. I told her you are and what had happened a few days ago." He said, chuckled nervously as he remembered about the plan and conversation.​

Macario has a relaxed smile on his face as he listened to the other talk. It was nice to hear that Ira had friends, but it was even better to hear that he talked about Macario to his friends. He was glad to hear about the other's day, but he was quick to notice that Ira was acting a little bit strangely. "That all sounds wonderful doll, um... Is that all that happened? You look a little stressed out, are you okay?" He asked, reaching over to take a hold of Ira's hand. At this point, the nicknames were slipping out so often that he just let it happen and let it go, smiling at the other. "You can tell me anything, you know that? I know that I'm just some lame old man who saved your life, but I want you to talk to me about your troubles."

Ira's eyes glanced over at their hands, his heart racing and his cheeks were warming up as he thought of what his friend had told him earlier today. "Um... N-nothing..really h-happened." He muttered, his cheeks have a tint of pink color on them. "I-it's all that happened..." Ira said, his mind losing the train of thoughts as he tried to come up with something to say. Upon hearing his words, Ira glanced up at him, his brows knitted down to together. "Y-you're not some lame old man.... You're really great and nice. You're fun to talk to... You're wonderful..." At this point, Ira has stood up from his seat and stood close to Macario's side. He didn't know what he was spilling out, but at this point, he didn't care. Maybe Eileen was right... I do like him... He thought, his hand lightly squeezing the other's hand. Ira isn't the bravest person, nor is he a coward. He may not have confidence, nor have an extremely shy personality. But with the encouraging words from Eileen, Ira gave the older man a kiss. A gentle kiss. It only lasted for a few seconds. When Ira pulled away, he has soon realized what he has done. Oh no... Now he'll think bad of me! Ira backed away slowly, trying to get out of the room, he kept on apologizing for what he did. His face was blooming with red. "I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean it... I have to go.." He said, bumping into things as he tried to make it to the exit. Tears suddenly rolled down his cheeks as he made out of the floor and the hospital.​

At first while noticing the way Ira was talking and the tint of his cheeks, Macario thought he might've been sick. The thought brought a frown to his face because if Ira was sick, it was probably Macario's fault. He had this young man visiting a hospital everyday, how could he not catch something! As the boy went on though, Macario was smiling and giving him a caring look. Sure, Ira was being a little weird, but hearing all those compliments certainly was nice. It wasn't until the kiss that Macario realized what was going on. His eyes had widened slightly in surprise, but for the most part he looked worried. When Ira pulled away, Macario bit the inner side of his cheek. "Wait, Ira, please..." He called, "You don't have to be sorry, it's okay..." He was saying those sorts of things very quickly, trying to assure the other that it was alright, that it was okay, but then the next thing he knew the younger man was gone.

Macario sat in the room for a moment, thinking quietly. It wasn't that he was disgusted or upset by the kiss, it was just that... Well, it caught him off guard. A man probably half his age had just kissed him and then ran away in tears, and really? He didn't know how to feel. He supposed that he did enjoy Ira's company, and it wasn't like he didn't enjoy the quick moment that they kissed. It was very brief, but Macario had felt how soft the other's lips were, had watched the absolute determination he had on his face as he did so, and it was... Well, it was cute. Really cute. A smile came onto his face as he decided that he probably did like Ira romantically. It had been a long time since Macario had felt romantic about anyone, so he couldn't be quite sure, but... He had a good feeling about that one.

Now he just had to deal with telling Ira about those feeling, which might be a little hard considering the way the boy had just ran out of the hospital. The older man decided to sleep on it and simply hope to see Ira in the morning.

On his way back home, Ira wiped the tears away and took a deep breath to calm down his anxious heart rate. He pulled out his phone to check the time, realizing he got a message from the older woman he had lunch with. The young dark haired teen bit his lower lip, debating whether or not he should tell her what happened at the hospital. He decided to tell her tomorrow when he goes to work at the bakery. Right now Ira just wants to have all the stress out of his nature. He already has thoughts racing through his head about what is going to happen next.

When Ira arrived at his house, he unlocked the door and walked in, glancing over the area before heading up the stairs to his bedroom. He only needs to take a shower, change into his pajamas, and go to sleep. Tomorrow Ira would go back to the hospital to return Macario's keys, after returning some of the cat's stuff back into his house as well.

The alarm began to scream next to the young boy's ear. Ira searched over to shut it off, turning to face the ceiling. He got off his bed and went to do his daily routine. After getting ready for work and have eaten breakfast, Ira took the older man's keys and placed them inside his jacket pocket. Ira didn't really want to go back to the hospital but he did need to return the key back to Macario since he won't be visiting anymore after what he did last night.​

That morning, Macario was anxious. It was unlike him to be so worried about something that should've been so minimal, something that he shouldn't have felt so strongly about, but he couldn't help it. In the back of his mind, he was worried that he'd never see Ira again. It wasn't like that was Macario's fault, Ira was the one who had went running off after the kiss, he didn't even give Macario the time to react! Sighing, the older male knew it wasn't Ira's fault though. When Macario was younger, he ran away from things in the exact same way, and he couldn't specifically blame him.

The male was laying on his side again, sighing as he pet his cat. She had been mewling all night. Ira had her good food and her bowl, and she was a very picky cat. Macario had a nurse run to get the kitty some dry food from the store and a dollar store plastic bowl, but Silvia knew the difference and she was having none of it. At this point, she was crawling up and down the man's body and letting out loud whines, and Macario almost wanted to join her. Sometimes life was so needlessly difficult. Things would be so much simpler if last night had never happened, or if Ira would've at least stuck around to talk afterwards! Because of how early the young man left, Macario spent the entire night with the company a whiney cat and pretty nurses who were constantly checking up on him.

When Ira walked inside the hospital, he gave a tired smile to the nurse at the receptionist desk, getting his visitor nametag like always. As the young boy walked up to the elevator and arriving at the correct floor where the older man was staying at, his heart would start racing at any moment. He swallowed heavy as he made his way towards the room, waving slightly at the nurses and doctors that will notice him.

Once Ira stood beside the door of Macario's room, he took a couple of deep breaths to calm down his aching heart. When Ira was mentally ready, he walked inside the hospital room. Only to hear loud whines. The same whines when Ira bought Macario's cat to his house. He glanced over at the older man and noticed how the white cat was behaving. Ira chuckled lightly to the sight before making his way over. "Um... Good morning, Macario." He muttered, hoping the said man could hear. Ira took out the keys of Macario, his eyes looking at him. "I came back to return your keys."​

Seeing Ira, a wide, relieved smile came onto Macario's face. "Wow... I really didn't think you'd come back for a while there. You scared me." He laughed a little bit. He reached for the keys but instead took a hold of Ira's hand, softly stroking it with his thumb. "I hope you aren't planning to kiss me and run. Don't think it's not using me just because I'm old..." He tried to make a joke. "I see what you've been up to, coming to visit me every day just to kiss me and leave me." He started laughing. He wanted Ira to know that it was okay, that it didn't have to be a big deal if he didn't want it to be.

"Listen, I don''t want things to be awkward, you know? I kind of depend on you for human interaction, so if you left me it'd be kinda shitty... So, do you wanna talk to me? Explain, tell me your feelings on the matter, that sort of stuff?" He asked calmly. He was staring at Ira's eyes, trying to keep eye contact with him so that the younger male knew that he was serious.

Feeling the older man's hand on his own, Ira looked around from his eyes. He thought for a moment, trying to process what Macario was saying. He smiled slightly at the small jokes that the other male made. Ira glanced back at the other, having to keep his eyes on his. Does he want to talk to Macario? Tell him about his feelings? "I-I didn't...hm..I wasn't thinking w-when... I kissed you..." He said, sighing softly. He couldn't take his eyes off of Macario's. Just staring into them calm the other's heart down. "W-whenever... You hold my hand, it makes my heart raced. Even when you called me those nicknames and compliment me..." He continued, finally able to look away. Ira let his eyes gazed over to the white feline. "Y-you know... T-this is was my friend and I was talking about yesterday at lunch... How I told her you saved me. How I have been visiting you... How I felt about you..." He trailed off, feeling his cheeks warmed up. "I-I told her there's no way you like me like that... I guess... I have fallen for you ever since I started to actually get to know you..." Ira stated, not sure if the things he had said make any sense. "I-I'm sorry... I need to go to work..." He said, but he didn't really want to leave the room. "You don't have to feel the same way... It's alright, I understand..."​

Listening to the other, a small frown was on Macario's face. He was thinking for a moment. Thinking about how he had grown attached to this boy over time, how he enjoyed his company, and how he was interested in what the young man had to say... So, the older man supposed it wouldn't be a lie to say that he returned his feelings.

Pressing a light kiss to Ira's hand, Macario closed his eyes. "You should've just talked to me instead of freaking out. Now you've got yourself convinced that I don't like you when you haven't even asked me..." He whispered, squeezing the hand with a soft hum. "I enjoy your company. You're the first person I've been able to just... Sit with and be comfortable with, in a long time. If you want our relationship to be romantic, I certainly wouldn't mind... But that would mean that you can't run away every time I kiss you. It'll make things a lot harder.." He said with a little grin, doing his best to sit up so he could pull Ira's hand until the young man was close enough to where Macario could press a little kiss to his lips.

The crimson blush grew darker as Ira listened to the other male. Every word Macario had said made his heart beat races faster. A small smile crossed his features as Ira watched the older man's movements. Though, he made a confused expression when the brown haired man pulled Ira. It was when he felt warm lips on his own that Ira widened his eyes. He was sure the blush had covered up to his ears. Ira pulled away slowly before looking over at Macario. He could feel his heart pound against his ribcage. "I'll try not run away then..." He whispered, giving the older man's hand a gently squeeze. "Thank you, Macario..." Ira felt joyful that Macario returned his feelings. His heart jumping in joy as well.

He glanced down at his watch before turning back to the patient. "Well, I'm going to head to work now.... I'll stop by when it's my lunch break." He said, smiling brightly with his eyes closed.​

Last edited:

Macario let out a light chuckle and quickly reached over to grab his phone from his bag. Handing it to Ira, he smiled, "Put your number in it before you go? I want to be able to text you during the day... I mean, not in the irritating way just like, maybe pictures of Silvia... She does a lot of funny things when you're not here." He said. In all honesty, he wanted the other's number because when he was alone here, he felt trapped. Most people would think being in a hospital wouldn't be so bad, but in reality? It was numbing. With the only people coming in and out all day being nurses who didn't even have time to talk? He hated it.

Ira nodded in understanding as he took the phone of the other male. He placed in his number in his contact before giving it back to him, the smile widening slightly. "Alright, there you go." He said, glancing over at Macario. "I'll bring in some sweets from the bakery shop if you like?" Ira asked, placing his hands behind his back. In the back of his mind, he was sure his friend from the library would visit Ira to talk about what had happened between Ira and Macario. "Also, do you want me to bring anything for you from any stores?"​

Macario smiled as he took his phone, and then handed Ira his wallet. "There's at least two hundred in cash in there. If you see something you'd like to get for me or yourself, go ahead." He said. "I'll probably be in here for a while, but I have insurance and paid leave, so really you don't have to worry about it." He said with a smile. He really did trust Ira and he wanted the young man to know that. "The only thing I ask is that you bring me some books from the library? Something interesting, I don't care if it's romance, fantasy, I'll read anything if it's good. I trust that you have good taste."

Status
Not open for further replies.