Darkwater Village (Closed, No Longer Accepting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that you've done that, please add the location of his phylactery and what object his phylactery is to your bio, like Other/Additional.

Since he has a large muscular body, let's put some skill points in Strength.

You put the same thing for primary and secondary weapons. Was that a mistake or does he just have two?

Dark/Ice runes, Dark/ice spells. That's really cool and all, but it sounds like magic that isn't necromancy (see rule 5). Are you content with necromantic energy blasts? Maybe he could have a special kind of necromantic blast. What if Legothgen has learned to charge his energy blasts in a certain way which causes the necromantic energy to lower the thermal energy/[kinetic energy of the random motion of the particle constituents] in the matter around it so that when the blast hits a target the target is stricken with a powerful sensation of cold. His armor has runes of this same kind of special necromantic energy, which you can call Necromantic Frost Runes or Necromantic Ice Runes and Necromantic Frost Blasts or Necromantic Ice Blasts (just as long as you explain it). It wouldn't make much actual ice, though. Mostly just condensation. We can count it under Knowledge (Arcana). Would that work for you?

I'd like you to work on your weaknesses some more. Vulnerability to fire is good, but please be a little more specific about what it does to him. A lot of the weaknesses you chose seem to be emotional flaws. Some of them seem to contradict each other like "berserker" and "passive", which is kind of confusing. Maybe cut down on those somewhat and add a few more physical weaknesses. Maybe he moves very slowly in his heavy armor, for example.
He also puts points in two handed weaponry when his primary weapon is one handed.

He also puts points in two handed weaponry when his primary weapon is one handed.

He changed his points to one-handed.

Where did you read that please? Point me to it and I will fix it.

Now that you've done that, please add the location of his phylactery and what object his phylactery is to your bio, like Other/Additional.

Since he has a large muscular body, let's put some skill points in Strength.

You put the same thing for primary and secondary weapons. Was that a mistake or does he just have two?

Dark/Ice runes, Dark/ice spells. That's really cool and all, but it sounds like magic that isn't necromancy (see rule 5). Are you content with necromantic energy blasts? Maybe he could have a special kind of necromantic blast. What if Legothgen has learned to charge his energy blasts in a certain way which causes the necromantic energy to lower the thermal energy/[kinetic energy of the random motion of the particle constituents] in the matter around it so that when the blast hits a target the target is stricken with a powerful sensation of cold. His armor has runes of this same kind of special necromantic energy, which you can call Necromantic Frost Runes or Necromantic Ice Runes and Necromantic Frost Blasts or Necromantic Ice Blasts (just as long as you explain it). It wouldn't make much actual ice, though. Mostly just condensation. We can count it under Knowledge (Arcana). Would that work for you?

I'd like you to work on your weaknesses some more. Vulnerability to fire is good, but please be a little more specific about what it does to him. A lot of the weaknesses you chose seem to be emotional flaws. Some of them seem to contradict each other like "berserker" and "passive", which is kind of confusing. Maybe cut down on those somewhat and add a few more physical weaknesses. Maybe he moves very slowly in his heavy armor, for example.

I would put some skills in strength, but haven't I wasted all 500 of them? I might just cut some off flesh necromancy... I think I will put 50 for that and 100 for strength. Would that be alright?

And I think I could change them to Necromantic Ice Runes and Necromantic Ice Blasts... as you said it would not make ice, but he would be able to lower the body temperature of his target/enemy just so he would not be able to hold his sword anymore.

About weakness if you could mention some physical ones please do... I cannot think of nothing at the moment. And I will delete berserker right now.

I would put some skills in strength, but haven't I wasted all 500 of them? I might just cut some off flesh necromancy... I think I will put 50 for that and 100 for strength. Would that be alright?

Yes.

And I think I could change them to Necromantic Ice Runes and Necromantic Ice Blasts... as you said it would not make ice, but he would be able to lower the body temperature of his target/enemy just so he would not be able to hold his sword anymore.

Okay.

About weakness if you could mention some physical ones please do... I cannot think of nothing at the moment. And I will delete berserker right now.

Well I gave moving very slowly in his heavy armor as an example and I think that'd be a good one. That'd be enough.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot something, put Silver and Phylactery under Affliction Weaknesses.

I think everything should be fixed now. Sorry for boring you too much with the preparation of my character.

I think everything should be fixed now. Sorry for boring you too much with the preparation of my character.

It looks good but you missed just one last thing:

It's done enough that I will go ahead and add him to the accepted character list right now. Once you've added the location of his phylactery and what object his phylactery is, you're Accepted.

It takes a lot more than this for me to become bored.

EDIT: Oh wait, sorry, another thing: Does he use both swords at once? If so that's Dual Wielding, not One-Handed. Nevermind, I'll count it as One-Handed.

Last edited:
I'm at a loss with this phylactery but I think I did the necessary changes.

I'm at a loss with this phylactery but I think I did the necessary changes.

A phylactery is the object his spirit is in. If it's destroyed, he dies. He can't be killed any other way.

- Lich
both corporeal and incorporeal

Liches are necromancers who've bound their spirit to an object (this object is then called a "phylactery"). This process kills the body, but the spirit is able to continue controlling it from the phylactery. Because the spirit was a necromancer in life, they can also control their own shell, giving the lich an ethereal aura, powers of flight, and greater necromantic prowess. The phylactery can be any distance from the lich. As long as the phylactery isn't destroyed, the lich is immortal. The body can be broken and their shell can be damaged by silver weapons, but they will always recover with time if their phylactery is intact. Should the phylactery ever be destroyed, the lich would perish.

Lichdom

The spirits of others cannot be controlled, but many necromancers pursue the art of binding their own spirit to a phylactery and becoming a lich. It takes a lot of training, research, and expertise to do this right. See Lich under Undead for more information.

This is what Raitoningu did for the phylactery location and object:
Other/Additional: The phylactery is hidden in a cave guarded by abnormal horrors, even for undead. It takes the form of a ceremonial knife and rumour has it that she went to great lengths to bind a demon to the altar it rests on.

Although it isn't actually a demon:
They're not actually demons, they're just strong spectres that townsfolk think are demons.

EDIT: Oooooh, you said the phylactery is his armor. I misread it. You're completely Accepted now. Welcome to Darkwater Village.

Ah, again perfect explanation. How could I miss those. Fixed yet again.

Well your edit works too. Still Accepted.

Name: Kelsey Allison

Alias: Kitty Fitz

Race: Human-Dwarf Mix

Appearance: Black wavy hair, light green eyes, pale skin, 5'0".

Sex and/or Gender: Female, Female

Birthplace: Moryveil

Alignment: Moryveil

Sexual Orientation: Bi

Romantic Relations: None

Familial Relations: None, Disowned

Friends: Dead: Azalea, Mariah

Enemies: Family, especially her brother Daniel

Servants/Followers/Underlings: None

Pets/Animal Followers: A small pup wolf with gray shaggy hair and green eyes that match Kelsey's. The name of the wolf is Azalea after her best friend.

Skills: 50 Gourmet cooking, 200 Knowledge (Architecture & engineering), 50 One-handed weaponry, 150 Two-handed weaponry, 50 Rock climbing.

Main Weapon(s): Double thin Katana's held in holsters on her back

Secondary Weapon(s)/Tools: Throwing knives, rope, grappling hook.

Armor: Light armor for speed and agility, her father who is a dwarf made it for her a long time ago. Bleached leather and a thin amount of chain-mail

Clothing: Long black sleeved shirt, forest green jeans, both fairly tight and warm.

Accessories: A green bow tied to her wrist she sometimes uses as a hair tie, a small silver necklace, a brown belt with straps and pockets to put things.

Other Inventory: Small bag of jerky, light purple messenger bag, water bottle, and first aid kit.

Fighting Style: Quick and flexible, small jabs to damage and run off. Likes to mentally place around while fighting, using comments to either anger, bother, or edge on her opponent and make them less focused, or to make them feel guilt.

Weaknesses: Does not have any magic abilities, does not have a family is on her own, is rather protective of her pup.

Personality: Quiet and sneaky, a thief of sorts, likes to get her hands on pretty things and mind her business when she can. But more than pretty things, she loves secrets.

History: Kelsey doesn't talk much about her family, they disowned her after they found out she was skipping classes to go out and sneak around and steal things. Her and her brother have a... Strained... Relationship dealing with their father. She ran off after being disowned, trying to find not a place to live but a place to explore. (But we all know what curiosity did to the cat)

Pets/Animal Followers: A small pup wolf with gray shaggy hair and green eyes that match Kelsey's. The name of the wolf is Azalea after her best friend.

Skills: 50 Gourmet cooking, 200 Knowledge (Architecture & engineering), 50 One-handed weaponry, 150 Two-handed weaponry, 50 Rock climbing.

Armor: Light armor for speed and agility, her father who is a dwarf made it for her a long time ago. Bleached leather and a thin amount of chain-mail

Clothing: Long black sleeved shirt, forest green jeans, both fairly tight and warm.

Accessories: A green bow tied to her wrist she sometimes uses as a hair tie, a small silver necklace, a brown belt with straps and pockets to put things.

Other Inventory: Small bag of jerky, light purple messenger bag, water bottle, and first aid kit.

Fighting Style: Quick and flexible, small jabs to damage and run off. Likes to mentally place around while fighting, using comments to either anger, bother, or edge on her opponent and make them less focused, or to make them feel guilt.

Weaknesses: Does not have any magic abilities, does not have a family is on her own, is rather protective of her pup.

Personality: Quiet and sneaky, a thief of sorts, likes to get her hands on pretty things and mind her business when she can. But more than pretty things, she loves secrets.

History: Kelsey doesn't talk much about her family, they disowned her after they found out she was skipping classes to go out and sneak around and steal things. Her and her brother have a... Strained... Relationship dealing with their father. She ran off after being disowned, trying to find not a place to live but a place to explore. (But we all know what curiosity did to the cat)

Looks good, but Spectral necromancy, Gourmet cooking, Knowledge (Architecture & engineering), One-handed weaponry, Flesh necromancy, Two-handed weaponry, and Rock climbing are just example skills. You're allowed to make your own skills.

It'd be cool if you could describe how she ended up in Moryveil, how she learned her skills, and how she became who she is, as well as how she got a dog. The history is really vague and bare. I guess I can infer that she was in her teens because you said she was in school, but did she just run off for stealing things? And did she just manage to become skilled with a grappling hook and throwing knives? You have a really good idea of a character, but It needs a lot more polishing and more depth. Mixed species are also a rare thing, you could go about describing the character's parents and how they met. I suppose you could run with this however, after all It's the GM's call whether it's accepted or not.

I hate putting a strong backstory because it makes me boring to play the character, as I go on I begin to get great ideas and make my character bigger, if I put down everything now, then it makes me bored, which is why I simply stop RPing an RP. Giving depth to a character doesn't come all at once. I think if you want to find these things out, you should get some way to talk to my character. if everything is already spelled out there is no mystery to the character and the RP is lame.

Also it makes people interested in figuring out the backstory. My CS are always short but I am a big RP'r and I can post impressive stuff, so it's not like I don't personally know what I want to do with the character, it's that I dont want you to know until you come in contact with her.

It'd be cool if you could describe how she ended up in Moryveil, how she learned her skills, and how she became who she is, as well as how she got a dog. The history is really vague and bare. I guess I can infer that she was in her teens because you said she was in school, but did she just run off for stealing things? And did she just manage to become skilled with a grappling hook and throwing knives? You have a really good idea of a character, but It needs a lot more polishing and more depth. Mixed species are also a rare thing, you could go about describing the character's parents and how they met. I suppose you could run with this however, after all It's the GM's call whether it's accepted or not.

Several of the submissions have been pretty bare, except they had a bunch of magic and whatnot. It says she was born in Moryveil.

I hate putting a strong backstory because it makes me boring to play the character, as I go on I begin to get great ideas and make my character bigger, if I put down everything now, then it makes me bored, which is why I simply stop RPing an RP. Giving depth to a character doesn't come all at once. I think if you want to find these things out, you should get some way to talk to my character. if everything is already spelled out there is no mystery to the character and the RP is lame.

Also it makes people interested in figuring out the backstory. My CS are always short but I am a big RP'r and I can post impressive stuff, so it's not like I don't personally know what I want to do with the character, it's that I dont want you to know until you come in contact with her.

Your bio/form/sheet is fine. I just need to know if you want to change your skills now that you know you get to make your own.

You could just say that you want to reveal it in the RP, and it would be fine, because I know that showing the backstory would be too revealing of the character's secrets. I just saw that the character stole stuff, hates her family and left. I'm cool with your mysterious approach to this, I suppose we'll wait and see how it goes then.

Is my reserve still in order? If so then i shall get going on making my char, who is from a family of Therianthroper who sided with the necromancers during the war. So basicaly a Knight who changed into a beast when needed to, and thus my question is Therianthropy a skill?

Status
Not open for further replies.