Darkwater Village (Closed, No Longer Accepting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am Reserving, Will either be a slightly mental Flesh necromancer or a Theriantroph.

Name: Thadeus Kallen
Alias:Ser Kallen/Kallenhood/Thaddeus
Race: Human
Appearance:

640x791_5554_Strider_2d_fantasy_tolkien_boots_smoking_ranger_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Affliction: None
Sex and/or Gender: Male
Birthplace: Darkwater

Alignment: Viradyl / Neutral
Sexual Orientation: Straight as an Arrow shaft.
Romantic Relations: None

Familial Relations: Brandus Kallen, A local blacksmith of Darkwater, though they tend to have arguments, they are close brothers nonetheless.

Friends: Local townspeople, generally humans. He and his brother are respected members of the town. (Not including criminals and bottom class)

Enemies: The Elusive White Stag, Necromancers

Skills: 75 One handed weaponry, 150 Archery,
140 Hunting and Trapping (Knowledge of local wildlife, Tracking and Hunting skills)
100 Fletching, 25 Speechcraft (Bargaining, Persuading, Influencing), 20 Trapmaking

Main Weapon(s): Yew Recurve Bow, Bodkin/Broadhead Arrows
Secondary Weapon(s)/Tools: Brandus' Broadsword, Light Hatchet, Trapper's tools.
Armor:Padded Leather Tunic, Archer's cloak

Clothing: Cloth kilt, Traveling boots,

Accessories: Interchangeable Steel and Silver arrow tips, Trapmaking tools

Other Inventory: Pipe, Tobacco, Matches, Light Traveling canteen, Carving Knife, Twine​

Weaknesses:
1. He is not a magic user
2. He cannot use magic.
3. He is absolutely unable to utilize magic.

Personality: He is a good hearted man at best, doing what is right by his friends while they do right by him. He loves his work, and enjoys hunting, good drink and a warm bed to sleep in. He is a rather stubborn person however, it is not unusual for a Kallen to be ridiculously hard-headed. He disliked necromancers, though they were the most common form of magic practiced, it was a black magic indeed.To him, the art of necromancy would be ripping out souls of the dead, placing them in rotting, animated hosts, and forcing them to do their bidding against their will, constantly tormented and writhing for as long as they are risen. He would grit his teeth thinking about how it is likely that every soul of his ancestry will be ripped out and forced into slavery in the afterlife of some stupid necromancer, and that every single person including himself would be a part of this. Though, he refused to leave.
He does not openly express his dislike with these magic practitioners, he tries to pay them no mind. Besides that, he is a genuinely good man.
With simple needs.

History: The Kallen family was well respected by other humans of Darkwater, being one of the few founders, and even more rare that they were one of the few, if not the only ones that kept a long tradition of not practicing magic. His father was a blacksmith who had married a noblewoman, both of them being human of course. They had two sons, Brandus and Thaddeus, they had a rivalry like all siblings at a young age, but it was evident that they cared for each other, and would likely be more reliable than another in a life and death situation. As they grew, they became more and more aware of necromancers and their affects in their daily lives, but they were simple people with simple problems and simple ideals. They certainly didn't approve of necromancy, that was a tradition amongst the family. Necromancers paid no heed to Kallens as they never did anything despite having their own opinions, but never taking action, and always doing what is most predictable. As time passed, Thaddeus and Brandus' parents soon moved on. Thaddeus had started a Fletchery, creating and selling bows and arrows that he had handcarved. They weren't spectacular, but it was good enough to make a living on. Brandus had taken his father's blacksmith, he created weapons, but he usually tended to work around things like creating nails and fixing horseshoes, stirrings and wagon axles. Things continued swimmingly like this for some time, they both were competitors in a way, but every now and then one would send a gift to another, one example of a rather well-made broadsword from Brandus that Thaddeus, or a polished, oak recurve bow from Thaddeus to Brandus. Though sibling rivals they did have mutual opinions on things such as magic and lower species such as goblins and orcs. They both favored the ideals of Viradyl over Moryveil, but were too stubborn to move. One should also add that the family has a history of trying to hunt a certain White Stag, in darkness of Darkwater, it seems to radiate a pure white light, and is as graceful as water running down a riverbed. Legends say that it resides in a pure white lake, known as the "Tear of God." Drinking water from the lake is said to cure any ailments and cure blindness. None have ever catched the White Stag, but every now and then a Kallen would announce that he had laid eyes upon it. The townsfolk thought this was just a running joke in family, and gave little heed to whatever it was. To this day, Thadeus scans the forest every now and then when he goes to hunt. All in all, he's your average fletcher like any other.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I reserve a character please? Also would it possible a Lich to be aligned to the Human Kingdom of Viradyl?

Can I reserve a character please?

Yes.

Also would it possible a Lich to be aligned to the Human Kingdom of Viradyl?

I suppose it's not impossible for a lich to sympathize with the Kingdom Of Viradyl, but it's difficult to imagine Viradyl cooperating back. What did you have in mind?

I simply wanted my character to sympathize with the Kingdom of Viradyl... simply he became a Lich because of the great power he would get and that he could aid his kingdom.

I simply wanted my character to sympathize with the Kingdom of Viradyl... simply he became a Lich because of the great power he would get and that he could aid his kingdom.
Viradyl hunts liches and necromancers, proposing aid to them through that would go against everything they believe in. More likely for them to lash out at you, if you're aiming to RP that.

I'm very sorry, but I just don't think that's workable.

Becoming a lich requires a great deal of practice and study in necromancy. This would mean he became a necromancer and spent many hours of his life practicing necromancy to help a nation that persecutes necromancers kill all necromancers, and to top it all off became what the Kingdom Of Viradyl considers the ultimate abomination to do so. All of that is fundamentally, irrevocably obscene to a loyalist of Viradyl. It's also difficult to imagine that practicing necromancy wouldn't cause him to change loyalties by realizing how harmless and beneficial necromancy can be when used responsibly.

However, someone who switched allegiances to Viradyl after he already became lich might be doable, but it's still a tough sell.

Yes, I can see how that is right. Well I just have to make him neutral then perhaps?

@State Of Bedlam Does my app look acceptable so far?

Yes. The wolves are just zombie wolves, right?

Yes, I can see how that is right. Well I just have to make him neutral then perhaps?

Yes, a neutral lich is fine. I made liches kind of OP to begin with because it's supposed to be the ultimate form of transcendence many necromancers work toward. Since you and Raitoningu are starting out as liches, I might be going to ask both of you to add a lot of weaknesses. Be sure to put the location of your phylactery and what object your phylactery is somewhere in your bio also. :)

Well, they're sort of like zombie wolves, but since they're bound to Serai only she can summon them (with a demonic-like ritual, or chanting in some cases)

Well, they're sort of like zombie wolves, but since they're bound to Serai only she can summon them (with a demonic-like ritual, or chanting in some cases)

That's probably fine.

I also would like to reserve a spot, I have two potential characters, a goblin wolf raider or
A lich that actually could work for the humans.

I noticed the argument above and thought this character was appropriate.

He's a lich but it wasn't his choice, he was forced to be one, and because he wasn't a necromancer in life he isn't over powered like one in undeath. He would make for the perfect spy to the human faction as he is still completely loyal

Oh and you forgot Osteomancy (bone necromancy)

Last edited:
Name: Legothgen Emomur
Alias: Horror
Appearance: Pale Skin, Blue Eyes, Silver Colored Hair, Large muscular body and is very high.
Affliction: Lich
Birthplace: Kingdom of Viradyl
Alignment: Moryveil
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Familial Relations: All Family Is Dead and all ties to the living ones are severed
Friends: None
Enemies: Kingdom of Viradyl, Anyone that Defies Him
Servants/Followers/Underlings: None
Pets/Animal Followers: None
Skills:
One-Handed Weaponry: 150

Spectral Necromancy: 100

Flesh Necromancy: 50

Strength: 100

Knowledge (Arcana): 100

Main Weapon: One-Handed Sword, Very Light, Fast Attack, Inscribed with Necromantic Ice Runes
[spoili]
skeletonsword-sw104-lg.jpg
[/spoili]
Secondary Weapon(s)/Tools: One-Handed Sword, Very Light, Fast Attack, Inscribed with Necromantic Ice Runes

[spoili]
skeletonsword-sw104-lg.jpg
[/spoili]
Armor: Heavy Plated Armor Etched with Necromantic Ice Runes

[spoili]
Blackguard_by_Galligi.jpg
[/spoili]
Clothing: Always seen in his armor
Fighting Style: Necromantic Ice Runes and Necromantic Ice Blast Spells with a mix of blade combat using his double swords
Weaknesses: Fire (Being in it's presence severely affects his Ice effectiveness/completely negates them), Very Slow (Due to the his armor), Uncooperative, Passive
Affliction Weakness: Silver, Phylactery
Personality: Ruthless, cynical and unimaginably cruel with a grim sense of humor. Unending hatred of those who oppose him, he does not hesitate to inflict sadistic punishments upon them.
History: Will be shown In-Character
Other/Additional: He gained his phylactery willingly in order to gain more power and expand his necromantic powers... 1240 years ago he did the ritual of phylactery in the land of Moryveil the object of his phylactery is a simple yet frightening sword which is enveloped in skulls. His phylactery is located deep underground... in the so called caverns of horror where the trials of the 9 circles await those who are brave enough to step into his crypt.

Last edited:
Name: Legothgen Emomur
Alias: Horror
Appearance: Pale Skin, Blue Eyes, Silver Colored Hair, Large muscular body and is very high.
Affliction: (eg. Vampire, werewolf, revenant, ghost)
Birthplace: Kingdom of Viradyl
Alignment: Moryveil
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Familial Relations: All Family Is Dead and all ties to the living ones are severed
Friends: None
Enemies: Kingdom of Viradyl, Anyone that Defies Him
Servants/Followers/Underlings: None
Pets/Animal Followers: None
Skills:
Two-Handed Weaponry: 150

Spectral Necromancy: 100

Flesh Necromancy: 150

Knowledge: 100

Main Weapon: One Handed - Frostmourne - Runeblade
[spoili]
Frostmourne.jpg
[/spoili]
Secondary Weapon(s)/Tools: Two Handed - Shadowmourne - Runeaxe

[spoili]
Shadowmourne1.jpg
[/spoili]
Armor:

The Plate of the Damned is massive in form and covered with layers of arcane etchings, yet this imposing armor rests lightly upon the wearer and it was crafted by demons.

The Helm of Domination was crafted by demons. The helm, which helps command undead and others makes the wearer nearly invulnerable when combined with the Plate of the Damned.

[spoili]
WotLKArthasPose.jpg
[/spoili]
Clothing: Almost always seen in his armor
Fighting Style: Berserker/Mage
Weaknesses: Will be revealed in character.

Affliction weaknesses: Paladin
Personality: Ruthless, cynical and unimaginably cruel with a grim sense of humor. Unending hatred of the living, especially those who oppose him, he does not hesitate to inflict sadistic punishments upon them.
History: Will be shown In-Character

((Sorry for much of the Lich King references… I have been wanting do something like him for awhile now.))

So basically you're the fucking lich king, well thats really original and totally not OP.

Btw, did the GM take a look at my application?

So basically you're the fucking lich king, well thats really original and totally not OP.

Btw, did the GM take a look at my application?

Well excuse me that I want to be the Lich King that I absolutely just love his ways and take inspiration from him. So what if it's not original? I like it I play it. If the other players except for you have any objection I would change it, but for now it is what it is. Also I said I am sorry for taking the Lich King and using it here, but I see that you didn't bother to read it fully. @State Of Bedlam said it himself that he made Lich's OP's so we would have a lot of weakness, if you have any other comments please take them to PM. I'm sure that he saw your post and is busy at the moment.

Well excuse me that I want to be the Lich King that I absolutely just love his ways and take inspiration from him. So what if it's not original? I like it I play it. If the other players except for you have any objection I would change it, but for now it is what it is. Also I said I am sorry for taking the Lich King and using it here, but I see that you didn't bother to read it fully. @State Of Bedlam said it himself that he made Lich's OP's so we would have a lot of weakness, if you have any other comments please take them to PM. I'm sure that he saw your post and is busy at the moment.

I never said you can't use him, thats the GM's ruling. What I said is that It's just not original, meaning that people will know exactly how you will play him, and any shred of individualism would be no evident, your character will be predictable, a cliche, and not unique. No one likes RPing with somebody when you know exactly what they will say. Thats good for you that you look up to the guy. But frankly he is op, let me take an excerpt from your character sheet.

The Plate of the Damned is massive in form and covered with layers of arcane etchings, yet this imposing armor rests lightly upon the wearer and it was crafted by demons.

The Helm of Domination was crafted by demons. The helm, which helps command undead and others makes the wearer nearly invulnerable when combined with the Plate of the Damned.

Basically, he's your typical invincible, undead controlling BBEG. I understand you wanted to do something similar to the lich king as said in your post, however I urge to at least put some form of uniqueness into it. You seem like a pretty cool guy, who just wants to do what he wants to do, and I can respect that. But being in an RP requires that you put some form of effort into your characters that make them vibrant and stand out in the setting.

How I will play the character we have yet to see. And whether he is invincible we would also see... but I am going to say. Deal a quick blow and remove his helmet he is a dead man.

How I will play the character we have yet to see. And whether he is invincible we would also see... but I am going to say. Deal a quick blow and remove his helmet he is a dead man.
Thats like saying just destroy a tank by making it explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.