Darkwater Village (Closed, No Longer Accepting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
original.jpg

lolwut.jpg
I'm not sure what we're doing here.

Anyway, I kind of like the changes so far.

A just-in-case reminder to all the ghoulies and nasties who go bump in the night in this RP: Captain Tuhonna may be kind of a pushover sometimes, but when you inevitably interact with Juliana remember that she has 110 points in Intimidation for a reason.

Sorry, I didn't hit watch thread, I will get to work soon

It's a really hard choice and while it's possible for me to do both, I am sure that others will be confused if I do. But I decided to keep things diverse and will go with the goblin

It's a really hard choice and while it's possible for me to do both, I am sure that others will be confused if I do. But I decided to keep things diverse and will go with the goblin

Alright. At this point someone Viradyl aligned would also be a form of player diversity since we only have one (not counting myself), but I'd prefer to avoid more lich characters unless they became liches gradually late game.

wolfraider.gif

Name: Wyld Blaze
Alias:
N/A
Race: Goblin
Appearance:
Affliction:
N/A
Sex and/or Gender: M
Birthplace:
Viradyl
Alignment: Moryveil (Goblins)
Sexual Orientation: straight, homoracial
Romantic Relations: none
Familial Relations: none
Friends: none
Enemies:
Those whom stand in his way, those whom seek destruction of the Goblins
Servants/Followers/Underlings: His band of Wolfraiders
Pets/Animal Followers: Blademaw: his wolf, and the wolves of his raider band

Skills: 150 Riding, 125 one handed weaponry, 100 leadership, 100 tactics, 25 trapping
Main Weapon(s): Enchanted Blade of Fire, Morningstar
Secondary Weapon(s)/Tools: Chain Bola
Armor: Gold Plated Steel Shoulder pads (with chest guard) and helmet
Clothing: Burlap pants
Accessories: some ear piercings
Other Inventory:
Emergency food and water rations
Fighting Style: (on wolf) I am not sure what the name of cavalry combat techniques are, but this ranges from Clotheslining, passing and whacking, and impalement.
(Dismounted) Wrathful but skilled swordsmanship
Weaknesses: His devotion, behind ambushed, his short stature, and being dismounted.
Affliction weaknesses: N/A
Personality:
He cares very little for the value of life as he was born knowing his kind was seen as weak. Being a goblin, he is highly aggressive and energetic, he is also easily angered when losing a battle. Being a natural born leader, he is very cunning and strategic. He is also loud so he can be intimidating and to give orders to his pack. He is persistent but still knows when to retreat from a lost battle. When surprising his enemies he will let out a loud cackle when he lands the first blow. He is highly traditionalist and thinks negatively of the Necromantic factions that share the lands with his goblin kind. He is very loyal to the goblin tribes and believes that Viradyl belongs to the goblins and the humans can stay in Moryveil, either that or drop dead.
History: Wyld was born in the depths of a swamp with no siblings to his name. He is the Commander of a band of goblin Wolf Raiders, well known for attacking caravans, he also will capture human and creature alike to either be sold on a market or eaten. He carries a blade enchanted with fire that he stole from deep within a cave. Along with his sword he has a chain bola that he uses to capture his prisoners. He now lives in an encampment deep in the plains where many of his kind congregate. He gained the position of commander because of his weaponry and prowess in battle as well as his cunning strategies, he has come to Darkwater as a representative of the BloodPaw clan.

Last edited:
wolfraider.gif

Name: Wyld Blaze
Alias:
N/A
Race: Goblin
Appearance:
Affliction:
N/A
Sex and/or Gender: M
Birthplace:
Viradyl
Alignment: Moryveil
Sexual Orientation: straight, homoracial
Romantic Relations: none
Familial Relations: none
Friends: none
Enemies:
Those whom stand in his way, those not aligned to Moryveil.
Servants/Followers/Underlings: His band of Wolfraiders
Pets/Animal Followers: Blademaw: his wolf, and the wolves of his raider band

Skills: 150 Riding, 125 one handed weaponry, 100 leadership, 100 tactics, 25 trapping
Main Weapon(s): Enchanted Blade of Fire.
Secondary Weapon(s)/Tools: Bola
Armor: Gold Plated Steel Shoulder pads (with chest guard) and helmet
Clothing: Burlap pants
Accessories: some ear piercings
Other Inventory:
Emergency food and water rations
Fighting Style: (on wolf) I am not sure what the name of cavalry combat techniques are, but this ranges from Clotheslining, passing and whacking, and impalement.
(Dismounted) Wrathful but skilled swordsmanship
Weaknesses: His devotion, behind ambushed, his short stature, and being dismounted.
Affliction weaknesses: N/A
Personality:
He cares very little for the value of life as he was born knowing his kind was cannon fodder. Being a goblin, he is highly aggressive and energetic, he is also easily angered when losing a battle. Being a natural born leader, he is very cunning and strategic. He is also loud so he can be intimidating and to give orders to his pack. He is persistent but still knows when to retreat from a lost battle. When surprising his enemies he will let out a loud cackle when he lands the first blow.
History: Wyld was born in the depths of a swamp with no siblings to his name. He is the Commander of a band of goblin Wolf Raiders, well known for attacking caravans, he also will capture human and creature alike to either be sold on a market or eaten. He carries a blade enchanted with fire that he stole from deep within a cave. Along with his sword he has a chain bola that he uses to capture his prisoners. He now lives in an encampment deep in the plains where many of his kind congregate. He gained the position of commander because of his weaponry and prowess in battle as well as his cunning strategies

So that's what a wolf raider is. Thank you, google images!

Anyway, Accepted. Just keep in mind that Moryveil isn't going to like his bandit activities.

I'm about to do some edits and expansion to the app in order for it to better fit the story

I would also like to expand upon the goblin lore if I may, I can either write it with my first IC or you can collaborate with me here or pm me bedlam

Last edited:
Is Alb'leblesk a play on words of Obelisk? Stone face...

Well be sure that I will be using it every interaction I can to insult him

Poor stone face. The world is pressing in on him from all sides.

What do you have in mind?

We can discuss it here in pm, and I will quote the details to the thread in a single post.

Here's the jist of what we agreed to (striking mine):

Well let's start from the beginning.
(This is purely how I see things, feel free to input and change whatever)
The goblins lived in multiple clans/tribes across Viradyl for as long as they've existed. Humans, seeing them as weak thieves, manifest destiny'd their lands and generally hunted them down, the human settlements being strategically placed so that Goblins had nowhere to run. When the war started, the goblins gambled and joined the necromancer cause in exchange to reserve land for themselves in the newly formed Moryveil. However, this is out of desperation as Goblins aren't exactly fond of the necromancers. As a result I believe that there should be a faction of goblins that wish to be independent of Moryveil. Wyld is among this group.

Wyld's Clan is the BloodPaws, famous for Wolfraiders and have always had been more aggressive and stronger built than other peaceful factions of goblins due to interbreeding with Orcs in ancient times.

I'd like for the majority of the goblin population to like the necromancers. There's been a lot of homogenization of culture in the 200 years since the war, and today many goblins are themselves necromancers (eg. Captain Alb'leblesk Tuhonna).

I should expand on this. I also mean I want there to have been genuine comradery and solidarity amongst the majority of the goblins and necromancers during the persecution and war as well. The BloodPaws can have been an outlier.

Goblin necromancer, no matter how many times I say it, it doesn't sound right.

I'm also going to talk about Gremlins. In some lores, goblins and gremlins were the result of an experiment by human wizards to create cheap, loyal, and strong servants. In these lores, the first experiment yielded goblins, they however proved to be too aggressive, stupid, and clumsy, the wizards tried again and made Gremlins who were much smarter but less magical.

While this may not be the case in this lore, I am going to call these necromantic goblins "gremlins" as a form of insult.

[snip]
Anyway, calling Captain Tuhonna "gremlin" and "obelisk" as a slur and insult respectively is approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.