Darkwater Village (Closed, No Longer Accepting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, turn on your thinking switch and think of a way. I'm not going to hand over my characters head on a plate.

Alright, that's quite enough. N0VA™ and Tanstin, no more responding to each other for a little bit, ok? Don't take it to PM either, just drop it. I will address all other concerns later.

• Thank You
Reactions: N0VA
Also, @State Of Bedlam, is it alright for some of those who believe the superstition of her to attempt to summon her? Obviously she wouldn't appear, but she would be able to hear them/sense the location.

Name: Adalynn Wayfarer
Alias:
Lace
Race: Human
Appearance:
Affliction:
none
Sex and/or Gender: Female
Birthplace:
Viradyl

Alignment: Moryveil
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Romantic Relations: None
Familial Relations: Jasper Wayfarer, her elder brother location unknown.
Friends: A few townspeople of Moryveil where she moved.
Enemies: None as of now
Servants/Followers/Underlings: None
Pets/Animal Followers: A owl which she calls Fay

Skills:
220 Spectral necromancy, 50 cooking, 50 Flesh necromancy, 100 Knowledge (Architecture & engineering), 50 endurance, 20 Two-handed weaponry, 10 Rock climbing.
Main Weapon(s): Iron Blade
Secondary Weapon(s)/Tools: A Book of Necromancy given to her by her teacher
Armor: Light chest armor
Clothing:
She wears fairly feminine clothes but are workable for travel. Such as a skirts that are a bit shorter with pants that are almost like leggings underneath with almost knee high boots that are good for walking.
Accessories: none
Other Inventory: Average needs for travel
Fighting Style: Dark Magic / Necromancy spells she rarely uses hand to hand combat because of her lack of training in it.
Weaknesses:
She has a lack of hand to hand combat strength because of her often use of spells making her fairly open to close combat attacks unless she is able to dodge.
Affliction weaknesses: N/A

Personality: To be Rp'ed
History: Born in Viradyl Adalynn was expected to live the average life following in her parents footsteps being bakers. But Adalynn had always had a attraction to the odd and unknown, when she found out about necromancy she seemed to become obsessed. Tracking down a old book on the subject and trying to perform it starting out with trying to bring back a dead mouse and control it. She almost had it but without proper training her attempts failed. She wanted to leave and live her life in Moryveil and be taught necromancy properly but her attachments to her family kept her from doing so. So for years she lived with her family dreaming of running off, and she got her wish but with a price.

At the age of 16 Adalynn attempted another necromancy spell once again trying to bring a mouse back. Her mother found her taking the dead mouse to her room and watched threw a crack in the door. In fear her mother told Adalynns father and they together went to Adalynn telling her what she was doing was wrong and a sin. But Adalynn continued to say she loved necromancy and wanted to still try to perform it. Her parents gave her a option continue her path with necromancy or be disowned by her family, wanting to continue the life she wanted to live she chose necromancy and left her home. Moving to Moryviel it took long hard work but she gained a teacher and a home. Learned necromancy and became quite skilled with it she was living the life she had wanted for herself. But she felt bad for her family back in Viradyl and wished to see her mother and father. Now at the age of 19 she left her home to visit her parents back in Viradyl it was not a happy reunion and the events that happened lead to her accidentally using her spells on her father in a rage killing him. Her mother panicked fleeing her house and reporting her daughter causing authorities to chase after her. Adalynn fled Viradyl vowing never to return and continue to live her life in Moryveil. Now she still has a home in Moryveil but has decided to travel for a change in pace and to widen her horizons and learn more.

Other/Additional: none

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, @State Of Bedlam, is it alright for some of those who believe the superstition of her to attempt to summon her? Obviously she wouldn't appear, but she would be able to hear them/sense the location.

That's fine as long as you RP the reason she can sense this.

@Raimei, add daylight and garlic to affliction weaknesses. Add "her body is vulnerable to attack while she is out of her body as a poltergeist" to weaknesses. Please specify what you mean by "those of a holy manner." That could mean several different things. You added 200 points instead of 100, so you have 600 points total out of 500. When you fix that, Accepted.

@Raitoningu, please explain the marionette strings a bit more. The blades of spectral energy are fine. Add more to weaknesses. Put the location of your phylactery and what object your phylactery is somewhere in your bio.

To both of you "Pet: Raimei" and "Friends: Raitionogu" is just a joke and won't have any bearing on the RP, right?

@Tanstin, Accepted. :checkmark:

@
N0VA™, is he a lich? That goes under affliction if he is. Just "knowledge" isn't a skill. Specific kinds of knowledge are. Like these. Describe your weapons. I never said anything about demons existing in this setting. Paladin is not an affliction weakness. You may keep his weaknesses a secret if you drop plenty of hints in the the roleplay. PM me what his weaknesses are. Keep in mind that if he's too cruel, Moryveil and the Black College will turn against him. They may be necromancers, but they're still mostly good guys.

@Yukari455, sorry I confused you! :) Necromancer is not an affliction. You can leave affliction blank or put "None," because it does not look like your character has an affliction. You don't have to use the example skills like "Gourmet cooking" and "rock climbing" in your character. You get to come up with your own skills! You may leave affliction weaknesses blank or put "N/A" (meaning "Not applicable") because you do not have an affliction. Other than that, looks good.

Last edited:
I will get to fixing and corrections tomorrow morning. :-)

I also would like to reserve a spot, I have two potential characters, a goblin wolf raider or
A lich that actually could work for the humans.

I noticed the argument above and thought this character was appropriate.

He's a lich but it wasn't his choice, he was forced to be one, and because he wasn't a necromancer in life he isn't over powered like one in undeath. He would make for the perfect spy to the human faction as he is still completely loyal

Oh and you forgot Osteomancy (bone necromancy)

Almost forgot about you! Yes, you may reserve a spot. Either of those characters should work. I don't know what a wolf raider is, but I recommend the goblin because I'm hoping for at least one goblin character in this roleplay. However, choose what feels like it will be fun for you. My priority is creating a fun environment and player freedom.

Your lich character should work under the conditions you described. Since he was forced to become a lich and didn't practice necromancy in life, he won't suddenly know how to use necromancy as a lich. In practice he'd be kind of like a harder to kill revenant who can fly.

Osteomancy falls under flesh necromancy in this setting, even though skeletons don't have flesh. "Flesh" necromancy works by controlling the tethers still attached to the body, and bones are a part of the body.

Last edited:
@Raitoningu, please explain the marionette strings a bit more. The blades of spectral energy are fine. Add more to weaknesses. Put the location of your phylactery and what object your phylactery is somewhere in your bio.

Hah I didn't think i'd explained the strings very well. I'll try to explain them more but it's kinda hard without borrowing my imagination. I was wondering about weaknesses, but I wasn't really sure what to put in it. About the phylactery - isn't that a bit OP then if anyone wanted to hunt me down? With them I have to engage them in combat and go through long processes of stuff. With me all they have to do is read my bio then make a small post about them moving to that location.

Hah I didn't think i'd explained the strings very well. I'll try to explain them more but it's kinda hard without borrowing my imagination. I was wondering about weaknesses, but I wasn't really sure what to put in it. About the phylactery - isn't that a bit OP then if anyone wanted to hunt me down? With them I have to engage them in combat and go through long processes of stuff. With me all they have to do is read my bio then make a small post about them moving to that location.

If anyone "just happens" to find your phylactery, I will call them out on it and make them edit their post. They have to do investigative work.

Fair enough. I've edited the strings and the weaknesses and im adding the phylactery now.

It seems everyone is just doing final touch-ups, We should start the IC sooner or later

Status
Not open for further replies.