4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Futanari
  5. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Magical, Romance, Slice of Life, Horror and certain fandoms.
IC Thread~ BY INVITATION ONLY - Dark Woods Circus IC

A groan pours from your lips as your eyes slid open. The first thing you see is the blurry image of a blonde man standing in front of you. He appears to be wearing a red flowing coat and looking at you with a wide grin. You attempt to get up only to take note that you're chained to the wall. Glancing up once more, you realize the man is laughing. "Welcome to my world, pet." He says as he takes a step closer to you.

"Your...world..?" You manage to moan pitifully causing the red-clad man to laugh harder.

"Yes, you silly goose. My world." He says as he motions to the cell that you're currently in. Absently, you take not that there are other people chained to the walls... deformed people... "I have brought you here and... fixed you." He chuckles. "...and you will perform in my circus." You open your mouth to object, but he notices this and cuts you off. "If you refuse... Well then, you will simply end up like the others.." He says with a sense of grim satisfaction before turning on his heel and leaving the room.

What others..? You wonder to yourself. You can't help but try to imagine how many others there are... or were. You try to take a moment to process things. You were taken from your home and brought to this.. this circus only to be changed into... you don't know what. "It's best just to listen to Master..." A small voice says from across the room.

You glance up to see the voice came from a rather small girl that is also chained to the wall. You instantly note that she has black wings and blood soaked bandages covering her eyes. You think she's looking at you, but you can't be quite sure. "If you don't... well.." She paused, raising a pale hand to pitifully motion to her eyes. "Our only hope is to escape..." She said softly, a look of what could only be described as determination crossing her face.

Escape... You glance around at the others as they nod in agreement. You suppose it sounds like a good idea. First, however, you have more important things to worry about. Such as things like what that monster of a ringmaster did to you. Steeling yourself for the worst, you glance down to see what you've become...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Character Sheet

Name-
Gender-
Age-
Deformity-
Act- (What they perform)
Personality-
Appearance-

Acts Taken
Ring Master
Acrobatics and Aerial Show
Magician
Human Light Show
Sword Swallower; coupled with dagger throwing and juggling sharp instruments.
Aerial Silk
"Taking Flight" ((Bird Show))
"Dusty Buckaroo's Wild West Wallapalooza!"
Fire dance / Fire breathing

Mine

Name- Aveline Kimberly Angelo
Gender- Female
Age- 18
Deformity- Black wings. (Also blinded for punishment)
Act- Acrobatics / Aerial Show
Personality- Aveline is very quiet. She doesn't speak out much except for when she or someone she cares about is horribly wronged. She is neither an optimist or a pessimist, often simply stating what she believes to be the truth whether it's positive or negative. She's not really the type to rise up and be a leader, but can handle herself fine when forced into the position.
Appearance-
Anime135.jpg

Name- "Ring Master" Killian
Gender- Male
Age- Unknown
Deformity- None / Is a natural and powerful magic user
Act- The Ring Master
Personality- Unknown
Appearance-
b9b0497ff91afb1c3fcf5f20358c257e-d36ivlb.jpg

Name- Tristan Averian
Gender- Male
Age- 19
Deformity- Physically none, but is infused with magic from the Ring Master through markings he hides under his clothes.
Act- Magic act.
Personality- When he's himself he's kind and helpful. He enjoys helping other people and wants to help the others escape from this hellish place. However, with the Ring Master in his mind and able to control his movements and see through his eyes, it makes it rather difficult to get anything accomplished. The Ring Master enjoys tormenting him with thoughts of hurting his friends and sometimes almost forces him to do it through the control he has over him. So, while being kind, he has to act indifferent towards the other members of the circus lest he risk hurting them.
Extra- Tristan is not kept in the holding cell with the rest of the circus members. He is kept in a tent next to the Ring Masters. Seeing as the Ring Master can control his every move if he so wished, Tristan has special privileges.
Appearance-
magician_by_rebornartist.jpg

Accepted Characters
Killian ~ Helena Sky
Aveline Kimberly Angelo ~ Helena Sky
Tristan Averian ~ Helena Sky
Gydion O'Boyle ~ Petricus Euryale
Maribel Burgess ~ -Vesper-
Antoinette Maria Polarma ~ Princess Poisoned Rose
Brandy Reid ~ TuttyTheFruity
Sosê Lowry ~ TuttyTheFruity
Samuel "Samael" Faust ~ Mippu

Rules!

1. Obvious. No god-modding.
2. Respect the other people. If your character wants to bitch slap another character and cuss them out, go right ahead. If you want to bitch slap another person and cuss them out, take it out of the thread and preferably to a moderator. I'm not going to handle your petty arguments. At least not nicely.
3. Damn, shit, ass, etc... If you don't like it, don't continue because there is going to be much more of it in the future.​
4. Literacy. Learn the word. Love it. Because I do. I'm not going to go all grammar Nazi on you, just please... please... respect the English language... After all. Good grammar is the difference between helping you Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse. I will behave. Until i 2ee 2hiit liike thii2. OR SHIT LIKE THIS. I do not want to feel like I am being screamed at through text. I, however, will not murder you for one or two misspellings. Everyone makes mistakes. I understand this. Just, like I said. Please don't abuse the English language. It is a beautiful thing.
5. One liners are the enemy. Can we have at least a paragraph? Is that too much to ask? If I see a single sentence post, I will go beyond flipping my shit. I understand writer's block is a common issue, just please don't drop below three sentences.
6. If you have read these rules in their complete glory, please put "Master is the Enemy" in your character sheet. If I do not see this, you do not get accepted. Plain and simple. I will tell you that you can have a place once you've read the rules.
7. All characters must be approved by me before joining the role play. This is to prevent stupidity and, once more, to prevent shit flipping.
8. This role play is NOT for children. 13+ please. There will be some screwed up shit in this RP and I don't want to mentally scar children.
9. Only two characters per person. That's it. No more. We're not having the RP revolve all around one person and their gazillion characters.
10. If you are gone for more than a week without giving me a valid reason before you disappear, you will be removed from the RP. We're not all waiting on one person, we want to keep moving. If you are going on vacation or something tell me before you leave.
11. @Petricus Euryale has the same power I do. Listen to him like you'd listen to me. He's my fiance and partner in crime. His words are law just like mine are.

Last edited:
Huh. I was briefly in an RP just like this, though the host couldn't do much because life got in the way, and I was p bummed it wasn't gonna go anywhere. Was that the inspiration?

I'd be up for another try, though I'd probably want to port the characters I made for aforementioned RP. Is that fine or do you want tailor made characters?

Reactions: TotallyMe
Huh. I was briefly in an RP just like this, though the host couldn't do much because life got in the way, and I was p bummed it wasn't gonna go anywhere. Was that the inspiration?

I'd be up for another try, though I'd probably want to port the characters I made for aforementioned RP. Is that fine or do you want tailor made characters?
No, I was inspired by the Vocaloid song. I came up with this idea about three years ago and have tried to run it multiple time to no avail....
Tailor made characters are fine. We also accept new characters ((people coming into the circus)) and veteran characters ((people who have been there for a while))
If your character isn't up to scratch, I'll let you know.

I have an idea for a veteran character; would it be possible for him to be loyal to the Ring Master, and acting as the guy who keeps the other performers in line for him? I can make him have a change of heart later on if escaping the circus is important to the plot.

I have an idea for a veteran character; would it be possible for him to be loyal to the Ring Master, and acting as the guy who keeps the other performers in line for him? I can make him have a change of heart later on if escaping the circus is important to the plot.
That was kind of going to be the magician's role. If you want you can have a character loyal to the Ring Master though. He just won't be the top dog, if you know what I mean. He'd still be under the magician.

• Useful
Reactions: Promedai
No, I was inspired by the Vocaloid song. I came up with this idea about three years ago and have tried to run it multiple time to no avail....
Tailor made characters are fine. We also accept new characters ((people coming into the circus)) and veteran characters ((people who have been there for a while))
If your character isn't up to scratch, I'll let you know.
Ah! Nifty! That's pretty exciting. Just thought the similarities were amusing.

I'll watch the thread for a bit. I wanna bring in two charas eventually, need to think things over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name- Gydion O'Boyle
Gender- Male.
Age- 19.
Deformity- Bio-luminescent blood.
Act-
Human light show.
Personality- Always pretended to be shy to avoid the dangerous attention of his parents. His father was an alcocholic who spent most of his time at the bottom of the bottle. And his mother had a long history of drug use, which had done considerable damage to her psychosis and she was prone to violent outbursts. During his time at school he would stand up against bullies and try to protect other people who were being bullied like he was. In fact, in a safe environment, he likes to show off and be the best. He has a competitive streak that most likely comes from his need for praise (which he never got from his parents). At eighteen he ran away from his parents and has been living on the streets, turning a scared child into a wild man. Pretending to be shy and defenseless further served him in the harsh life of living on the streets. As the year went on he became less caring, more dangerous and kept putting himself at risk. On the one hand, he does not care about others. On the other hand, underneath the harsh exterior, is the same child who hid from his parents and kept trying to help others like himself.
Appearance-
Kirishima.Ayato.full.1775314.jpg

Master is the Enemy

Accepted, of course =33

• Love
Reactions: Lockheart
Name- Maribel Burgess

Gender- Female

Age- 23

Deformity- Glasgow Grin / Stitched Smile

Act- Sword Swallower; coupled with dagger throwing and juggling sharp instruments.

Personality- She doesn't speak much anymore, although sometimes she will whisper -- as to not break her stitches with extensive movement of her mouth. Instead she has been forced to become very animated in the way she moves; employing the use of hand gestures and exaggerated body language, she tries her best to communicate through this morbid game of charades, often causing her to appear as a very cheerful and excitable person, even though that's not the case. She is otherwise gentle when trying to get someone's attention with simple physical touch, like a tap on the shoulder, but this has backfired on her before when her target turns around and ends up screaming at the sight of her hovering so close with her stitched-up smile. Oddly enough, she seems to be content with life in this cruel circus; her loyalty to the Ring Master has her acting as his henchmen without him having to ask; she is always watching, keeping a quiet eye on the other performers for him, despite the fact that she receives no special treatment. Treated just as terribly as the rest, it's a wonder why she so adores the slave-driver. Maybe one day she'll realize... Master is the Enemy.

Appearance-
Z06iNSZ.png

Accepted!

• Thank You
Reactions: Promedai
Name-
Antoinette Maria Polarma
Gend
Female
Age-
Deformity-
Living Marionette Doll
Act-
Aerial Silk
Personality-
Annie is a very introverted girl and always felt like she had not control in her life. She always did what her parents wanted her to do and was going follow the career path they wanted for her. She is rather shy in nature but is usually pretty up to the most daring things to do. Once you earn her trust however she is a loyal person and is more than protective of her friends. Annie can be a big pushover when she feels that her decisions were going to hurt or damage someone's feelings.
Appearance-
Although she is nineteen Annie is a petite girl standing only at 4'8'' tall. Her body is slim with small delicate curves. Her hair is a chocolate brown in color and is completely straight. Her joints are all articulated and now made to look like a marionette doll. Annie's eyes are hazel in color but changes to a green and a dark blue at times.
large.jpg

"Master is the Enemy"

Last edited:
Accepted =33

Wasn't sure how thorough you wanted the deformities to be so I went all-out with emphasis on entertaining acts.

Name- Brandy Reid
Gender-
Female
Age-

Deformity-
Turned into a harpy. Arms up to her shoulders have completely transformed into large wings, taking on a vivid red hue matching her hair (she lost her hands and fingers in the process). Her legs from the knees down were turned into that resembling a bird, orange hardened skin ending in sharp, monstrous black talons. Her talons are fairly flexible, serving as a sub optimal replacement for her hands. Her bones are now hollow, suited to flight, and her eyesight has improved. Aside from animalistic limbs, resembles a human.
Is technically able to fly, but her talons can be painfully weighed down to force her to the ground. This is how she usually is unless she requires freedom of flight for training or performances. She complies, not wishing to bring on the ire of the Ring Master... and also, because she has nowhere else to run to at this point.

Act-
(What they perform): "Taking Flight", a bird show introduced to satisfy requisite laws for education. This show introduces various different types of birds (owls, eagles, parrots, etc.) to teach spectators about the diversity of aviary critters. They are also supposed to be trained to perform tricks - 'supposed' being the key word here. Brandy's a zoologist, not a trainer, and often struggles in the training process, under constant pressure to execute properly.

Background- Was studying to be a zoologist, her body of research emphasized the migratory patterns of birds. A fan of field work, she often took to various outposts and camps to study in the field. Part of her research found that flocks of geese migrating southwards were making wide turns, adding time to their flight. Seemingly to avoid a particular place. She received research funding to investigate the area, aiming for a groundbreaking thesis for this unusual behavior.
She encountered the circus and investigated curiously. She actually managed to recognize one of the acts, and sought out answers. A grave mistake, she was incapacitated, taken to a secret area, and was transformed.

Personality- A nervous wreck a lot of the time. A terminal worrywart, she tends to babble and ramble when nervous or uncomfortable. Around people she's familiar and comfortable around, she's enthusiastic and intelligent, able to cite interesting facts. Very booksmart, but exceedingly clumsy. She was clumsy as a human, but struggles a lot with her new limbs

Appearance- Aside from harpy traits described above, wears a pair of glasses (mostly for nostalgia/familiarity). Red hair has grown down to shoulders - difficult to care for properly. Doesn't usually change outfits on account of how awkward it is to change without hands, and prefers a loose-fitting green blouse and grey yoga pants (the only things that she could get on without ripping - damn talons).

Seniority- New. Probably 2 weeks to a month?

Name-
Sosê Lowry
Gender-
Male
Age-
Deformity-
Turned into a centaur. His entire lower body resembles that of a stallion with mahogany fur, losing his human legs in the process. Also boasts the stamina and strength of a horse, and is useful for heavy lifting.

Act- (What they perform): "Dusty Buckaroo's Wild West Wallapalooza!" An intense performance starring Sosê as Dusty Buckaroo, he takes to a railroad town overrun by 'Injuns' and must save the townspeople with amazing stunts and trickshots. Sosê hates this show with a passion, with particular regard to its casting of natives as the arrogant villains

Background- A lone wolf hunter of Mohawk descent. Every year he set up camp with family and friends within the Gros Morne National Park in Newfoundland in efforts to reduce surging moose populations.
His exploits as a hunter and the prizes he brought him reached the ears of the Ring Master, and a year later he would ambush him at his usual hunting grounds while he was alone. Though Sosê struggled, it was ultimately futile. Since then, he was whisked away, transformed, and forced to serve at the Carnival, headlining one of its most thrilling acts of skill and danger. His presence on the grounds has largely been an enigma as he has largely kept to himself.
He has some history with Brandy, apparently.

Personality-
Cold, distanced, and impersonal, he seldom speaks or socializes. If he must speak, he does so in as few words as possible. He keeps to himself otherwise and is a professional. However, his stoic disposition hides a warrior's pride that is not easily broken, and he keeps guard over the rest of them in his own way. With people he is especially close to, a gentler side may emerge.
Between his skill with guns and his incredible strength and stamina, he's usually a good choice to pursue an escapee. In this manner, he's a reluctant servant, not willing to step out of line to invoke the Master's wrath. He doesn't care about endangering himself, but he'd rather everyone else stay alive.

Appearance-
His upper (human) half is typically garbed with a flannel vest, forest green and black, with ripped sleeves revealing some pretty sweet muscles and biceps. He also prefers black fingerless gloves. He has terra cotta coloured skin, bold brown eyes, and messy black hair held together by a forest green headband.
The rest of his body resembles a mahogany-coloured stallion. Marks and scarring indicate abuse during harsh training (evidence of abuse that can be covered up with makeup).

Seniority- Been kept in the circus for a year, though his act is a more recent introduction; between the deformity and the training, he's been a considerable work in progress

"Master is the Enemy"

Both accepted =33

I have been hoping to join something like this for years! TuT

Hope this would work.

Name
Samuel "Samael" Faust
(he likes being called Sammy by the other circus performers)

Deformity
horns on his forehead, fangs
(markings all over his body are tattoos, but they've been there since he was little)

Act
fire dance/ fire breathing

Personality
Despite his looks, Sam is soft-hearted and polite. He cares deeply for his fellows but also genuinely enjoys performing. He's usually seen smiling or napping right by Al's tank even when rehearsing so that, he says, it'll be easy to put out any accidental flames. Having been with the circus since its early days, he chose to do as the ringmaster says to avoid conflict. As the "devil" Samael however, he acts purposely mean, wild and untamed with his fierce and passionate dances and stunts.

He can be very affectionate to his fellow circus people, enjoying long talks and quick hugs. He generally acts like an older brother. Sam claims Al is his actual brother, though.

Appearance
DG7N4QN.jpg

Master is the enemy​

(Also, I noticed you have Alice of Human Sacrifice lined up. Hit me up when it's happening!)

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Accepted, and I will =33

Character Sheet
Name:

Albin Neva

Deformity:
Scales, webbed hands and a fish tail.

Act:
Underwater Acrobatics/Water show

Personality:
Albin, unlike his name, is definitely not pure. Depending on who he's with, Albin changes his personality. He usually acts innocent and pure and lovelable and what-not, but in truth, he only shows his flirty, proud, sultry self with those he cares most, like Sammy. Due to him being there since the early days of the circus, he often does what he's told, as the Ringmaster learned that taking it out on Sammy, makes him behave. He'd rather be hurt than Sammy get hurt.

He rarely speaks to those he doesn't trust/like, and despite not being able to walk, he is curious and will attempt to leave his "tank" to "explore" even though he doesn't ever get far without legs. Albin holds a darker personality, that comes out regularly when Sammy is hurt, but since they both no longer question the Ringmaster's orders as often they used to, this is mostly hidden.

When he's being shown off or when he's playing his role, Albin allows his sultry and flirty personality to flourish, whether he be in the water, swimming and showing off, or sitting out of his tank to gain attention for their show. Albin, as time went by, grew to question the Ringmaster's personality, thinking that it is perhaps a mask to hide his loneliness or fear. He and Sammy often question if the "Master is the enemy" for real, or if it's nothing more than them over thinking.

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
@Helena Sky thank you so much~ Counting on it.

Also, I'd like to ask permission from everyone. Would it be okay if Sam would be friends with your characters? I wrote in that he's been in the circus since its early days so if it's okay with you, I'll have him be kind and familiar to your characters, @Helena Sky @Petricus Euryale @TuttyTheFruity @-Vesper- @Princess Poisoned Rose

It's just a suggestion, though. I'm open to discussing this.
Don't see a reason why most of them wouldn't get along or at least try to avoid conflict given circumstances

Brandy would respond pretty positively to Sammy overall; Sose would be somewhat ambivalent

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
Don't see a reason why most of them wouldn't get along or at least try to avoid conflict given circumstances

Brandy would respond pretty positively to Sammy overall; Sose would be somewhat ambivalent

Thanks! They're welcome to call him Sammy. By that, I mean he insists. Haha~

You too, @Boss Megu

Status
Not open for further replies.