Danganronpa 2: Second Times the charm

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Salvatore finished talking, Monokuma's joyful voice blared through the hotel: "a body has been discovered! look at your PDA for details of the victims death, a class trial will begin later".
"...Well, I guess there's your answer." Sasaki shrugged in response to Sal's question as he carefully placed Ryuu's head on the floor. Strange... Sasaki hadn't thought of it before, but for some reason the short-tempered bussinessman seemed... familiar somehow. But, why? He sightly shook his head, defeated. ...Agh, I should probably set that issue for now. Besides, I have a bigger problem to be worried about...
Sasaki glanced again at the body and let out a deep sigh. It didn't matter how hard he tried, he couldn't shake off the feeling of dread over how easily death could turn a person into a mere puppet, an object without a single shred of hope or meaning. Damn it...Just what kind of a sick bastard would enjoy this? This is so messed up... Sasaki closed his eyes and clenched his fists in anger. ...Monokuma'll pay for this... even if I have to lose my own life in the process.
As Sasaki calmed down, he checked his PDA to learn more about the victim.
"Name of the victim: Chiba "Mary" Mariko
SHSL Actress
Time of death: 10 p.m.
Cause of death: Blunt head trauma."

"Blunt head trauma, huh..." he muttered. It doesn't mention if she was hit from the front or behind, though. *sigh* I guess I'll need to check it out... He looked at the actress's body. He didn't like the idea of playing around with corpses, but he had no choice. Next, I need to find the murder weapon. While I suspect I may not find it inside this cabin, it wouldn't hurt to double check. Third, I have to search the crime scene. I believe the blood trail should lead me to where I need to go next. And finally, we need to track down the culprit. Perhaps I can find some clues in Mary's belongings. And I believe that should be it at the moment. Now, let's get to work... Sasaki approached Mary's body. ...I'm terribly sorry.

And with that, he lifted her head and checked the wound, mainly focusing on its angle, shape and location. While he was at it, he made sure to check her pockets and the bed for any belongings that may help them track down the killer.​

@Neobullseye @Karyra @Solemn Jester @Echo @Cabob7 @AnyoneWhoItMayConcern

@Aravhorn
Upon revealing the back of the victim's head he saw a dent form, it was flat and round, covering a large part of the back top angle of her head. Inside her pockets and around her bed seemed to be nothing of relevance, a few coins, her pda, and... wait what the hell? A knife was found inside of her pocket

Mado arrived shortly after the body discovery announcement. "So, I heard the announcement. Someone died, then?" The question was rhetorical. She didn't take long to assess the obvious situation, though if she was horrified at the sight, there was no change to her demeanor.

"Ah...I suppose I should help the investigation. If there's anything I can do, let me know."

In the meantime, she did her best on her own, poking around the room for anything out of the ordinary. If nothing else, another pair of eyes searching through the victim's belongings couldn't hurt, in case she or the killer had left something out in the room itself.

"...Ngh..." Sasaki tried not to gag at the sight of the flat wound on the back of Mary's head. Just like it said on the PDA, it was caused by a blunt object, which, judging by the flat and round shape, could be some sort of hammer. Since the wound was located at top-back side of the skull, Sasaki assumed that the culprit hit her from behind, probably by swinging the weapon over their head.

At that moment, Mado walked into the room, seemingly unfazed by the scene laid out in front of her. Upon seeing her, Sasaki had an idea. "Mado, you are the Ultimate Occutist, right? Would it be possible for you to somehow...I don't know, talk with the spirits, maybe?" He realised how stupid his proporsal sounded, but he didn't care. If there was anything that could help them get out of this mess, then it was worth a shot in his book. "Also, there's a posibility that the murder weapon was some sort of hammer, or anything that could leave a flat and round dent, so we may have to look for that one too."

While he said that, Sasaki resumed his search of the body, this time focusing on any clues that could help them pin point the murderer. As he expected, Mary's pockets didn't have anything of value: some coins, her PDA, and... "Huh?" Sasaki pulled something long and thin from one of her pockets. "...A knife? Interesting."

He carefully examined the bladed weapon for any signs or marks that could give him a clue of its owner, or at very least, where it came from. Also, he looked out for any blood stains or anything that hinted at its recent use.​

@R-9 Pilot @CrimeSceneForensicGroup

And that would be the Body Discovery announcement, making it even more obvious that yes, Mary was indeed dead. Monokuma got his wish alright, and within the first day no less. So then, unless all of this was rigged beyond reason (then again, everything here was beyond reason), someone did stoop to murder. But who was it that gave into their inner beast so soon? Who indeed... Well, they would likely find out during the trial Monokuma mentioned -- which, of course, meant that he should likely get a move on and start searching for clues instead of standing in place and wasting a bunch of time.

Peering over Sasaki's shoulder, Rin took a look at Mary's wound. Round and flat, huh? Coupled with the fact that the girl died from blunt force trauma, that meant a hammer was the most likely weapon -- something that Sasaki was also suspecting, judging by his statement moments later. Well, there was something they could look for. Of course, unless the killer was a blatant idiot, it likely would not be around here. Maybe he should go explore some other places? Ooh, maybe the robots had found the hammer! ...Nah, that was just a poor excuse.
Still though, it was getting a bit crowded in here; at this rate people would trample all over the evidence, and that just wouldn't do. "Hey, shouldn't some of us go and explore the rest of the islands too? Two or three people should be plenty for this cabin," the Ultimate Scientist stated. "Oh, but when Pahn gets here, tell her to make some pictures of the body and the injury. They could prove useful in the trial." With that, Rin left the cabin, hoping the others would do their job. As much as he disliked having to count on others, he knew that he couldn't possibly scour the entire island on its own. Besides, he always found it wasier to think when he was alone rather than in a crowd.

Upon leaving the cabin, Rin called out to everyone who was currently around. "Mary is dead. Others are already investigating her cabin. If everyone else could spread out and check out other places, that would be great. Oh, and if you see Pahn, tell her to come over to the cabin to make some photos of Mary's body and her injuries." Having said what he wanted to say, Rin turned around and started to inspect the cabin's surroundings, looking for anything that looked out of place; footprints, signs of attempted forced entry, trails of blood other than the blatantly obvious one leading to Sal's cabin.

@The Tragedy @GrieveWriter @Karyra @Neobullseye @Solaresque @Lost-and-Bewildered @R-9 Pilot @Cabob7 @Yun Lee @Aravhorn @Rosedrachen @CrewlessCaptain @Echo @Daz

Mado nodded. "That I am. I'm not sure anything I could uncover would be admissible in a proper court of law, but it's worth a shot. If I'm going to try and contact the victim, it would be best if I remain near the body. So, I'll keep watch, here. But first, I need to set up a few things."

She cut her search short to leave and return to her room. Several minutes later, she returned to the crime scene, carrying a shoulder bag. "Hm, too bright for candles," she said to herself as she began laying out and carefully sorting the tools of her trade. In the end, she doesn't opt for anything fancier than a ouija board and planchette. "You're welcome to join in if you like. Fortunately, we can't get a much stronger tie to the victim than her own body."

She sets the board out on a table and sits down next to it. Once anyone who wants to volunteer themseles in the makeshift seance has a chance to join her, she starts her attempt to invoke the spirits. She briefly consults the student handbook to make sure she has the proper information. "Chiba Mariko...are you still with us? Can you hear me?" Her quiet voice seems far more suited to such tasks than everyday speaking. "If you are, follow my voice. Please, if you're here with us, give us a sign..."

68a119d22e4b677b600aab41ef27af75.jpg
"Okay Shawn you can do this! Yes, its a different situation then I'm used to, however! That doesn't mean I can't reach my goal here! I just need to stay me and be me and do what I would do no matter the situation because I'm me! I'm Captain Shawn Harrow!" A boy with white hair said with a grin as he posed in the mirror in his bathroom. Being in a completely unknown situation was frightening to say the least, and all honesty his nerves had gotten the best of him. As for the first three or so days he didn't leave his cottage. But today was going to be different! He was going to leave the cottage and meet the people that were here! Hell if the people were even half as fun as he could be he may get some crew members for his ever so admirable quest.

Taking a deep breath and tying his bandana on his head he turned on his heels to leave the bathroom. However, mere seconds before he reached for the door, an announcement reached his ears. There he stood in utter silence for a moment as he listened to the announcement one that was different then the others to this point. "A....body? Wh-What???"

Hesitantly exited his bathroom and went to his bed where his PDA was, opening this up he read what was on there. And gulped loudly. "M-Mary? But...I saw her when we first arrived. She can't be...what??????" He asked in pure confusion and shock. Sure he didn't know the girl personally however that didn't change the fact a person was now just...gone. "Oh by the seven seas..." Gulping and taking a shaky breath he went to his chair and grabbed a satchel that was hanging over. Stuffing his PDA in there he quickly left his cabin. It didn't take long at all for him to find the group of people near and around the murder scene. "Please tell me the bear is playing a sick joke and Mary isn't actually gone." He asked anyone that listened.

@Anyone at the murder scene

drake_silver__dr_sprite_edit__by_goldenblight-d9f1j8r.jpg

Drake was in his room sitting on his bed lightly strumming on his guitar, his back against the wall while he just relaxed. Currently Drake only wore boxers and a white shirt, obviously not dressed for the day. But hell, it was still early morning, not his fault everyone else thought it was normal to get up before 11 (it isn't by the way, not in his book). Each day it only made him more irritated and it made it harder for him to get the sleep he needed. After all he has struggling to get used to the life that he was now being forced to live. Especially after all the crap that went down the other day.

As he sat there in his room playing he accidently hit the wrong note when another announcement suddenly came on. "Are you fucking with me?" He asked as he placed his guitar to the side before standing up and checking his PDA. Sure enough there was the information about the victim. "This shit is real...." Putting the PDA down he quickly got dressed in his usual punk clothing. Making sure to put on his earing and his chocker he slung his guitar over his back before leaving his cottage (after grabbing his PDA of course).

Now unlike everyone else, he didn't go to the murder scene. Rather he had to do something different. Not wasting even a moment he went across the dock to his sisters cottage (the fact they had separate cottages still annoyed him). Arriving there he knocked on the door, he knew his sister would be up, if he couldn't sleep through this no way in hell she could either...then again she somehow slept through her ungodly loud snores. "Sis, are you up? Shit went down...like...fucking hell man."
@Solaresque

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryuu woke up to someone patting his cheeks and his side hurting. That was when he remembered the body in the room, and the chime came on. So she really was dead... Ryuu wasn't sure how to feel about this. On one hand he didn't know her all that well, but still... someone here murdered the actress. Someone was guilty of killing someone else.

The room was already a mess by the time that Ryuu woke up, but it looked like James was responsible. Still, it was effective, as the knife and other items turned up. The knife wasn't a murder weapon though... it looked too clean. And this room was... Ryuu decided that he would throw up if he thought about it all too hard. Long as he pretended it was staged, he could make it through.

Sasaki set Ryuu's head down and moved on to do something else. After a few seconds of gathering his courage, Ryuu sat up. Looked like someone hit the girl over the head with a hammer or something flat and that... killed her. Ryuu stood up as Mado started her.... whatever that was. Ryuu decided to instead do something else.

"Uhm... what about searching cabins for the murder weapon? I don't think it's in here... i-if it's not t-too presumptious, we should pr-probably st-start in Mister Sal's cabin... i-if the murderer wanted to frame him that's where it could be..."

Ryuu neglected to mention that Sal didn't look like he might be so careless about murdering someone. There wasn't a reason for it... but Ryuu had a feeling that Sal was shadier than he looked, and Sal looked kind of shady. It was possible Sal had really done it... but Ryuu didn't know how to feel about how obvious the crime was.

That was when two new people showed up. He was.... new. Who...?

"... wh-who are you...?"

@Dualnte @CrimeSceneInvestigators

Last edited:
@Echo
Besides some clothes and other fairly normal things for a man of Sal's talent nothing else seemed to be leading to suspicions towards him, except for that trial of blood made left in front of the cabin

Reactions: Solemn Jester
So somebody bit it eh?

Tinami glanced up at her ceiling, having only recently been awoken by the body discovery announcement and unwilling to rise just yet.

Yesterday had gone less than ideally, once the chef had left Nami was well and ready to work her way into a wild threesome, but that plan also went under once she found that Monomi had disappeared once more, the drawings she'd been making mostly scratched out.

After retiring, she'd reassessed her scores so far and realized that their were still plenty of nubile chicks she hadn't had a good ol' one on one with, and passed out in the midst of restructuring her plans for tackling these new routes which lay in waiting for her.

And now this.

She finally arose from her bed, blowing some green hair from her face as she raised her PDA to her eyes "Damn it, guess I gotta do some actual work now."

Looking over the case file, the DJ's eye widened at something before her usual grin returned and she stood from her bed "So its this kind that we're talking about, eh?"

Zipping up her hoodie to regain more of what little modesty she had, she sauntered out of her cabin and merrily walked off.

She gave her usual greetings to any she passed on the way there, mostly involving a wink and a dirty morning joke.

Stepping in the doorway and leaning against its frame, the DJ took one look at everything before giving a whistle "Geez, looks like my thirteenth birthday in here." she commented with her usual snark before stepping past pirate boy just as Ryuu questioned about him.

"Who? Swashbuckler?"
the Dj nodded to Shawn "Come on Cooks-a-lot, the dude's a student like us. If my thoughts are correct he was Ab Set #3, but that ain't important right now."

She stepped over to the dead actress and watched as Sasaki examined it for a moment, noting the shape of the head wound.

...And then she began prodding at the corpse with the tip of her shoe.

Finally she stepped back and shrugged "Yeah, that right there's a grade A dead body. Well, since we know where her plan went wrong and all I guess we should get to the whole searching for clues thing."

@Dualnte @Aravhorn @Karyra @CrimeSceneCrew

Looking quite sickly and tired, the amputee girl hobbled about. But after finally leaving the room, she hears news of a corpse; "Ah damn it . . ." The more irritable than usual young girl limped over to the cabin, Emiko kept her hand held above her eyes, squinting in the bright and quite blinding light. "Dead?" She took a peak inside the cabin, part of her wanting to feel bad, but the rest of her feeling glad she was a hermit. No interaction for the most part means no murder? Wait that was fools logic, she was just very fortunate, and very happy about that fact. Finding a small amount of shade, Emiko put her arm down and peaked at her ID card, still thankful her previous flurry of migraines and muscle pains had subsided well enough to leave her room. "Ten PM, blunt force trauma?" Emiko thought for a moment, was the blunt force trauma due to brain damage or a fracture/break to the skull? At least to her that mattered, it took a lot to break the skull. And depending on the surface area of the weapon, more or less force would be needed.
But first Emiko needed to see the body, the young woman took a peak, unfazed by the sight. Thankfully the smell of blood wasn't too horrid. "Okay, sorry for my tardiness but you find anything?" The girl addressed the first two peers that caught her attention, speaking in a slightly raised voice, yet staying oddly quiet.

@Aravhorn @GrieveWriter

After fiddling around with the knife, Sasaki couldn't find anything noteworthy about it; there were no marks, spots or symbols that could hint at its possible owner. Defeated, he shoved the knife into his pocket and turned his attention to the newcomer. First the actress, and now a swashbuckler... Just where do these people come from?! And most importantly, who's going to be next, Drake-flipping-Silver himself? Not that I would mind, of course, but come on now, this is getting ridiculous... He wasn't exactly angry, but rather frustrated at the absurdity of the entire situation. ...Maybe they were the first to wake up and went directly to the hotel, and therefore I didn't see them on the beach earlier?

"I wish that were the case, but no; Mary is dead. Did you know h-" Before Sasaki could finish his sentence, out of nowhere Nami barged into the room, approached the dead student, and started poking Mary with her shoe.

"...What are you..." He began to speak, but after considering it for a moment, he added: "...Actually, forget it. I don't want to know."

At around that time, another student came in, who Sasaki identified as the Cryptozoologist. Despite her sickly look, Emiko seemed unfazed by the sight of the body. She asked whether they've made any discoveries, to which Sasaki replied: "Not as much as we would've wanted, but yes. Apparently the victim was struck from behind using some sort of hammer. Also, I found a knife in one of her pockets, though it doesn't look like it has been used recently." he showed her the knife before putting it back into his pocket. He figured he could visit the Mall later to check if there were similar blades in stock there.

Just at that moment, Mado had finished setting up her equipment and invited others to join to the seance, to which Sasaki agreed immediately. He sat down next next to the ouija board as Mado began muttering her enchantation; for some reason, Sasaki found her calm voice mesmerizing, if not harrowing at times... and oddly enough, he liked it. Thankfully, Sasaki quickly snapped out of his hipnotic state before his mind wandered into less-than-decent territory, and focused on the undergoing ritual, while nervously pulling the collar of his shirt.

@Dualnte (both mentioned and talked to) @GrieveWriter @CrewlessCaptain @R-9 Pilot @TheParanormalActivityTeam​

Reactions: Vitreus and Dualnte
Salvatore Quattrochi Corvi
Sal let out a amused huff, almost a laugh but not quite. Seemed the bear was telling the truth. He was serious about his rules, so at least Sal knew he could depend on them. Nothing he hated more than a Hippocrite who couldn't follow his own rules. Sal did nothing but lean against the wall nodding at those who spoke to him. He watched Sasaki began examining the body to reveal she had been whacked quite literally on the back of the head. Sal still said nothing but paid close attention to the wound.

"Huh, flat...Is it possible dat maybe there was no murder weapon? I mean how do we know the killer didn't just slam her head on ta someting?"

Sal suggested, figuring he had dabbled in the business to know what he was talking about. There were plenty of ways to end someone's life, it was as simple as all that. When it came to killing someone the hardest part was not getting caught, and when you had so many people trying to figure out who did it, with only so many suspects that wasn't such an easy task.

Sal was not bothered by the body in the least. It was clear by his disposition, he seemed almost comfortable around it. Like he had been around dead people all his life. Of course that was exactly the truth, he just had little to any sympathy for the dead. He was more or less apathetic when it came to these kinds of situations. He had to be to survive with his crowd, otherwise he might appear weak. Sal turned as Rin rose to his feet. The egghead made a good point. There was no point in all of them crowding the room. They could potentially ruin evidence this way. Sal would be dammed if he died due to a bunch or amateurs not know what the fuck the where doing.

Sal then turned to the new arrival Mado. According to Sasaki she was some sort of occultist. Sal's expression turned dark one he learned this. He tried his best not to be superstitious, but when you were raised in a Catholic Italian household it wasn't exactly easy. His mother was always getting on his ass about something. Whether it be stepping on cracks, or walking under ladders, and plenty more. So yeah, it had rubbed of on him somewhat.

"I don't think this is going ta be a normal trial. Afta all our judge is a bear, as well as the exicutioner."

Suddenly some new kid walked in,"Who tha fuck is this ass pirate?"Sal asked glaring at Shawn clearly annoyed by everyone crowding one room. "Yeah, dat makes sense. The bears playin a fuckin joke! That's why we're all here crowding around a dead body! Dear God eitha shut up and do somethin useful or get that fuck outta the way!"Sal growled, clearly in a bad mood. He didn't know who the killer was, but they made it way to obvious they wanted to frame him, and that really pissed him off. So he was a bit short tempered at the moment.

When Ryuu woke up Sal glared towards him his eyes staring fiercly in to Ryuu's soul it seemed. Then he actually said something smart. Although Sal wasn't exactly comfortable with people digging through his room. He would have killed someone had they made a mess. Which they didn't need another dead person laying around. "Alright sleepin beauty, let's go check my pad out. I'm curious about dat as well. Anyone else wanna join us?"Sal offered walking up and putting a arm around Ryuu's shoulder rather forcefully.

"If so come along, I ain't got all day! Who knows when someone else might turn up in a ditch?"Sal said walking along dragging Ryuu out of the cabin, and towards his own However once there he didn't go inside, although he noticed the door was open which caused his eyebrow to twitch. He pushed Ryuu forward."Alright, go check out my room. Someone else obviously helped themselves. I'll check out side my cabin."
Sal said looking for the exact point where the trail ended, before stopping."Oh and if my room's a mess I'm gonna break every bone in your body. I don't care who's fault it is."
Sal warned before looking around his cabin for any clues. Maybe a weapon, or foot prints or something that would help. As well as observing where the blood trail ended, to figure out if maybe there was a struggle, or any indication of the murder happening there.

@The Tragedy @GrieveWriter @Karyra @Neobullseye @Lost-and-Bewildered @R-9 Pilot
@CrewlessCaptain
@Echo @Daz @Dualnte @Aravhorn (anyone else I've forgotten)

Ryo Shinkai - SHSL DEEP SEA EXPLORER
' I am the ocean, I am the sea, there is a world inside of me '

_________________________________________________________________________________
It was only yesterday that he'd spent his time at the beach with Indulf. Things had seemed calm, peaceful. The night had felt easy even with the pressure of their isolation, and the deep sea explorer discovered little need for dismay given such a pretty island to inhabit and what seemed a group of relatively decent people to share it with... there'd been no overt desperation, no blatant threats, no obvious panic. So it was hard for Ryo to consider that, just compared to yesterday, things had already headed downhill...

"A body has been discovered!"

Ryo sat at the edge of his bed, his deep-blue gaze downcast, fidgeting with the straps of the face-mask he held dear to him in his hands. The words of the announcement rung about his ears over and over, a haunting mantra, an evil tiding. A body, a body had been discovered... When stated like that, so patently, it didn't sound to be a joke. It sounded menacing. It sounded like a spiral towards further destruction. The idea that one student among them had already died, just days after their entrapment was...

Ryo remained silent in his conjecture, standing from his bed and giving his mask a final once-over before lifting it to his face and strapping it in place. He wasn't very heavily inclined, his heart ached immensely... but with the augural notion of a student trial approaching, Ryo felt his ignorance was not needed and that'd it be fairly more beneficial for him and the others if he were to inform himself of who had died and attempt to figure out how it happened. The 'how' worried him, however, because if this turned out to be a clean murder, then what would that mean for the rest of them...?

Tugging on his blue sweater and boat shoes, Ryo tucked his PDA under his arm and left his cottage, glancing along the wharf to see who else was about and where the most of the commotion had been centered. Having just checked his PDA, it seemed a girl named Mariko had died... he did not remember seeing much of her earlier, but even in reviewing the anatomical diagram displayed on the PDA, he felt deep sympathy. The poor girl had not deserved this, surely.

Ryo began the slow, reluctant walk towards her cottage, where her body was sure to be located, but halted in his tracks moments before crossing the platforms, his gaze eventually finding the floorboards. He eyed the blood trail that winded from the door of one of the male cottages towards the dock of female cottages. That seemed... quite suspicious. The blunet glanced across the platforms, his vivid gaze settling on one particularly grumpy bloke standing nearby (judging by his expression, that young man could likely do with a coffee, or a back rub, or something such), blinking his acknowledgement before returning his attention to the tainted ground and crouching to examine the trail a little better.

Was the blood dry? Or was it fresh? If it were spilled in the early morning, it might be different, although the chances of that were...

As he reached out to touch the ruddy imprints, Ryo's gaze quickly appeared to soften from mild calculation to a certain plaintiveness. His fingertips lightly skimmed the spattering of fallen droplets, before he withdrew his hand and uttered a wistful sigh.

At the end of the day, no matter which way it was to be perceived, it really was a depressive thing. That blood had been so coldly shed in this manner... that such a price had been paid in the name of some stranger's freedom...

What a terrible thing one person had endured, and another had felt necessary to commit.

@Solemn Jester

~~~

Brooke Silver - SHSL BASS GUITARIST
" I only need four strings to rock ! "

_________________________________________________________________________________
Talk about suffocating.

From being suddenly tossed onto an island with no way to leave, provided no means at all with which to contact the outside world, from suddenly being told you had to kill one another to escape the tropical hell-hole you were stuck on, from false hopes and niggling uncertainties that maybe, probably, perhaps, if they were lucky, no one would resort to murder of all things and instead they'd work their way out of here together, to waking up to what was undoubtedly, frustratingly, heart-droppingly a body announcement...?

Brooke could only be described as exhausted. Extremely exhausted.

Groaning and shoving her lower face into the pillow encircled within her arms, the punk rocker blinked bleary silver eyes at the messy sheet-music spread across her lap and bed sheets. It was a habit that, when she couldn't sleep, she would spend the nights revising her music and songwriting instead. Usually she felt at least a little productive about the lot of it... and then she would reward herself with a big bag of Cheetos, grant herself the day spent in her PJs binge-watching TV (if Drake wasn't already hogging the device watching those stupid crime-shows of his or whatever else it was he watched), and overall she'd feel relatively satisfied with herself. Here, however...

Here the lot of it felt... futile.

Pushing aside the sheet music and her bass guitar with something of a frustrated sigh, Brooke forced herself to get out of bed, running her hands through choppy hair as she decided she should probably figure out what was going on outside. Although she really didn't want to... The idea of there taking place an actual murder among them? That was a thing of the most edgiest and unsettling nightmares, and she wasn't inclined to acknowledge it in the least.

Shrugging on her jacket and fixing her hair, it was only moments before there came a knock at her door and a familiar voice sounded out. It didn't take her a second to recognize who it was, slinging the shoulder strap of her bass guitar across her midriff and taking told of her PDA before making her way over to the front of her cottage.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm up..."

Brooke lilted tiredly, leveraging the door open to glance across at her brother whilst tugging on one of her combat boots with her free hand. She was quiet at first, meeting his enervated gaze with a thought along the lines of 'he didn't sleep too well either', before standing straight and rolling her shoulders back in a bit of a guarded posture, her lips twisting uncertainly.

"Yeah... well... I guess we'd better check things out, right?"

By expression and tone she seemed apathetic, but Drake would know better than anyone that it was nothing more than a general attempt at disguising her unease. Pushing her messy teal bangs from her eyes, the bassist glanced down at the PDA in her hand and then at the cottages across from her own, where the girl named Mariko's cottage was supposed to be at. That's where they'd find the body, right...?

"I don't feel too good about this," she quietly admitted to her brother as she shut her door closed behind her and began the short walk. "This is too stupid to be real..."

She lead the way then to the cottage in question, easy to identify given all the people clustered about and inside it. With a slight tentativeness in her step, she entered the room, her gaze immediately finding the bed where the dead girl was neatly laid out. Face paled, pillow bloodied, limbs stiff...

"Gross," Brooke muttered her repulse and took a step back, pulling the collar of jacket closer to her neck and chest. Her expression was more pained than disgusted though, her gaze averting as though she really didn't want to come to terms with the fact that she was now standing in the same room as a corpse. "What desperate fucking low-life honestly thought this was a good idea...?"

@Dualnte @anyoneelseintheroomIsuppose

The area around Mary's cabin was normal besides the already noted blood trail, the same could be say about Sal's cabin, he found only his own items.
"Upupupu so someone bit the dust" The monochromatic bear walked towards the people around Mary's cabin "can i just say, called it" He looked around "Ill be seeing all of you at the class trial, where the real fun will begin, upupu" Finally the bear shows back up and its to make fun of them. He walked over to the blood trail, looking down at the blood trail, grinning a bit

Dirk watch idly, unsure how to help the situation. "Is there...anything I can do to help?" He asked, trying not to stare at the body. He had to shiver as people came and inspected the body. He tried to pump himself up, but the corpse sucked all of his usual enthusiasm from him. Someone...killed someone else here...he thought to himself, shaking his head. He didn't believe that anyone would...but the proof was right there. "I feel useless right now, how can I help?" He asked loydly anyone in near him, trying to overcome the pressing sense of dread and uselessness.

From his spot next to the Cabin, Rin saw one person after another barge into the cabin anyway, completely ignoring Rin's earlier statements and warnings. Of course, why not? ...How did all those people fit into such a small space anyway? It wasn't like whoever made these cabins used hyperspace decompression to create a room that is bigger on the inside or anything; if that was the case, it would've been blatantly obvious to him when he entered the place before, even with the distraction that was Mary's corpse. Meh, they probably were just practically sitting on each other's lap or something. Why anyone would willingly submit themselves to something like that, Rin did not know, but eh.

Either way, he needed a new place to look. Apparently the killer was smart enough to not just dump the killer weapon right outside the crime scene, judging be the fact that Rin hadn't found anything here. Looking around, he could see that other people were already looking at the other obvious places; the cabin at the other end of the blood trail, and the area outside of it. Hmmm.... Well, the hotel was nearby enough; might as well check that place out while he was around. Shrugging, Rin headed over to the hotel lobby, then proceeded to search the area there.

@The Tragedy

@Cabob7
Near the entrance of Mary's cabin was a small charm for a bracelet, Mary hadn't been wearing a bracelet, maybe this could belong to someone else?

Nothing here seemed out of place. Ryuu had to try very hard not to mess anything up, in fact. No doubt that the murder didn't occur in this room. Head wounds tended to bleed a lot, as Ryuu knew from a few knife accidents in the kitchen. Juggling knives wasn't the smartest thing on that chef's part, but at least he walked out with just a few stitches. But if there wasn't any blood except outside the cabin because they couldn't get in...

Ryuu decided to investigate the outside of the cabin for where the actress could have hit her head. It would track that the murder had to have happened near the start of the blood trail, because there was no way they could have kept it from getting everywhere otherwise. Even given how much was on her bed... Ryuu felt sick again as he thought about the image of her dead.

"We... we need to find where her head got hit or the murder weapon. I think knowing where she died for sure will be important..."

@The Tragedy @Solemn Jester

[spoili]
sO2CE0N.jpg
[/spoili]

After his talk with Ryo, Indulf retired for the night, and as he lay alone in his cabin and the tropical breeze drifted in through the window, he dreamt of the ocean. Sunlight streamed into the room and the gentle lapping of the waves was replaced with the sound of his own breathing and the rise and fall of his chest. The boy laid out the cotton sheets neatly and was just brushing the dust from the shoulders of his blazer when the intercom cheerfully informed him "A body has been discovered!!"

So…the killing game has begun already. He'd been naïve to assume that the bear would allow them to live in peace in what would be called a haven under normal circumstances, this bear-boy had far more influence than he could have imagined. Reluctantly, Indulf reached for the door handle, pausing with his palm against the cool metal to hold on to his last moment of peace before he had to step out into the chaos. He strolled away from the cabin, and unfortunately it didn't take him long to observe the trail of blood leading to someone else's cabin, so he dutifully traced it back to the source which was, in this instance, his deceased classmate. There was already a group of students crowding the cabin, presumably already investigating the murder, but what immediately caught the boy's eye was the body. What a waste. She was young and beautiful, and somebody on this island had killed her, had robbed her of her youth and hope and energy. Indulf had seen many bodies in his craft, but never like this; it lacked the vibrant aura he loved, the endless movement, the character behind the vessel was missing and she would never return. He could feel the rage boiling in the pit of his stomach, but he clenched his fists and pushed it aside- there was hope that justice would be served for this mindless cruelty the trial. Assessing the room, he realised that there were a few faces of the more reclusive students that he was less familiar with, including a boy and a girl who looked as if they could be related and…is that a pirate?! Good lord, this was too tacky.

"What an interesting little gathering this is, it's good to see that we've all come together in these trying times" he drawled, his disenchanted façade reapplied. Checking his PDA, he took note of the cause of death and the time, 10pm. Conversation carried on around him as he stared intently at the body, lost in thought, until he heard "…Apparently the victim was struck from behind using some sort of hammer. Also, I found a knife in one of her pockets, though it doesn't look like it has been used recently." It was one of the boys, a rather plain-looking one at that. Indulf vaguely remembered him to be Sasaki, the mathematician, and he smirked as the young man pulled nervously at his collar. The painter looked towards the occult girl, where Sasaki's gaze appeared to be directed, and he was not disappointed. She was arranging some sort of séance to speak with the victim, with a Ouija board already on-hand as if she were just waiting for the chance to show off her gift. Attractive and talented, the boy has good taste. "Is there room for one more spectator? I'm sure an eye-witness account would be most useful." With that, he leaned against the wall of the cabin with his arms loosely folded, the act of casual indifference failing to hide the excitement in his eyes.

@Solaresque @Aravhorn @CrewlessCaptain @GrieveWriter @Dualnte @R-9 Pilot @Screw it there are so many people in this room halp

Reactions: Vitreus
Status
Not open for further replies.