Danganronpa 2: Second Times the charm

Status
Not open for further replies.
The moment Sasaki tasted the miso soup he immediately understood Ryuu was the Ultimate Chef for a reason. The smell, the flavour, and even the texture... all of it melded together to create a unique and a very rich taste that would make even the harshest of food critics tears cry of joy... And the coffee! The coffee was incredible! Just after taking a single sip, Sasaki's previous tiredness had vanished almost instantly. More so, he felt like he could overcome any hurdle that dared to stand in his way! And let's not forget about the tamago gohan! The sauce was spot-on, and the rice had just the right texture... In short, the breakfast wasn't simply good, it was an entire experience for Sasaki.

"...This is the best breakfast I've ever eaten. Period." Sasaki said as he finished the tamago rice. "No wonder you're the Ultimate Chef, Ryuu. This food is amazing!"

As he set the empty dishes aside, he rested on his seat and watched with a mix of awe and concern as Tinami finished her not-so-simple breakfast. ...I may have said that more than once, but this girl freaks me out sometimes...

Then he turned his gaze to the girl with the sunglasses... For some reason, there was something enigmatic about her, but Sasaki couldn't put his finger on anything specific. He recalled the last time he interacted with Mado. ...Just what's gotten into me back there? It's almost like my brain stopped functioning the moment I started talking to her... At that instant, Sasaki realised he was staring at Mado much longer than usual.
"...Huh? Oh, I, uh, I agree with Mado." Sasaki took a moment to regain his composure...again. "Anyway, I wouldn't put Mononi working with Monokuma out of the equation. No one knows where she came from, yet she claims to be our teacher of some sort. And I'm not even talking about their similar animal-themed outfits." He paused. "And speaking of which, I forgot to tell you guys there's an airfield on this island. Not that it would help us get out of here, since all of the planes are missing engines, but I figured you should know."

@R-9 Pilot @Karyra @GrieveWriter @Cabob7 @Neobullseye @BreakfastClub

Last edited:
Dirk watched in awe as food came out, and he looked over the variety of food, most of which he didn't recognize, and ended up taking a mountain of pancakes for himself. He ate the first one slowly, testing them out with an eager expression, and after the first, it was as if there was never a mountain to begin with. As he finished, he was covered in syrup and had a goofy smile on his face. "Man, that hit the spot. So long as there's somewhere to put my picks to use I don't think I need to leave here."
Standing, and detaching himself from anything trying to stick to him, he said his thanks to Ryuu, and made off towards his cabin to find a fresh set of clothing. On his walk back, he closed his eyes and thought about the past day or so, straining his brain to comprehend everything and everyone. Eventually he forgot where he was going and just sat down, lost in 'Dirk thoughts,' getting his syrup covered self coated in sand.

Reactions: Aravhorn
Pahn Teece
Credit to GlassTrinity.
[spoili]
dskfWO6.jpg

[/spoili]
@Echo

The last thing Pahn wanted to do right now was to be alone, alone with paranoia that someone could come up behind her to strike at any moment, sacrificing her in a bid to escape this island and its twisted 'game'. However the main group was heading to the kitchen to have breakfast, which didn't seem like a great place for Pahn to be considering the mere thought of food made her stomach lurch. Thankfully Pahn's keen eye spotted one person wandering away from the group: James. Sure, his little outburst didn't make him seem like the most alluring companion, but Pahn would rather be stuck with a conceited rich-kid than hurl in front of half the people she was going to be stuck here with. So, Pahn quietly followed James as he made his way back towards the cabins.

Despite her desire for company, Pahn was put off the idea of actually talking to James; he hadn't exactly come across as the friendly type, plus he seemed engrossed in some kind of thought. Hence Pahn followed James from the shadows, using her experience staying hidden for pantie shots to ensure he didn't spot her. It was calming, enjoyable even, just to observe James amble about the island. Many would likely find such a thing creepy, but the art of people watching was well appreciated amongst the artistic community- maybe it would even be worth discussing with Indulf later. Right now though, James had come to rest under a palm tree, his chest softly rising and falling as he slept soundly. How James could have the peace of mind to fall asleep out in the open like this, vulnerable to attack, Pahn couldn't comprehend- yet somehow seeing him so calm reassured her. Sitting cross-legged next to him, Pahn gazed absentmindedly at James as he dozed away.​

James took a quick nap under the shade of a nice tree not noticing he was being followed nor cared. Yes the fact he was part of killing game was in thought, but it didn't worry him for he had no fear of death. Some of the training in the military made sure of that. He was completely relaxed, not sign he had any trouble sleeping in the open. After a bit he senses gave him a feeling he was being watched and the watcher was close enough he could hear thier breathing. No sinister intent was detected so he didn't bother getting up in a hurry. Opening his eyes and blinking slowly as he turned his head lazily to find a girl next to him. After a few moments he recognized her as the photographer.

He gave her a warm smile as he sat up and scooted a little close to her to se her reaction. Forgetting he was supposed to act like a spoiled rich kid with superiority complex and greeted her kindly. "Hey there beautiful, you normally watch people sleep? Ya creep." he voice was playful and almost a bit flirty as he he teased her lightly with gentle expression on his face showing he ment no offense. He loved just being chill, and enjoying the day. His passion to see things explode always being misunderstood as him being crazy or maniacal due to his silent nature and how he normally kept to himself.

He was loyal to those he cared about and was only understood by the remains of his fathers platoon. They were the only family he had left, and they knew his thing for explosion wast that it was beautiful art to enjoy in the moment of the now. To let loose and destroy without discrimination, to bring structures to the ground a blast that shook the ground with a calming melody. For James, Demolition, bombs and other explosives were tools for the wonderful but deadly and dangerous art of destruction. For all things that rise must fall, and there is no better end then to go out with a bang. At least that was his logic behind it.

He scooted closer to the photographer and went to wrap a arm gentle around her waist, not caring to put up the facade he found annoying but deciding to show her a bit of his true nature. "
So what did i do to be honored with your presence? Wanted a few pictures with me?" again his voice calm and his expression playful. Like he was himself, seeming more natural than the facade that he normally wore. He was kind but he was furious; a double edge sword if you will. For even a friend he was good to have in your corner, on the flip side as a enemy; he would show you his art and how crossing him was a bad idea, especially if you hurt the ones he cared for. He knew little of this photographer, but his true nature wanted a companion. At least one person he could be himself around so holding up that facade didn't drive him nuts.

@Daz

This, was quite the day to say the least. But right from the moment she woke up from her slumber, the one thing running through her mind, besides a horrid migraine; was how nothing seemed to add up. Quite honestly nothing at all. A plane crash with no injuries or wreck, conviniently crashing on a quite lovely island, being told to murder as well? There was no question, someone was lying, you didn't even need to think about it, it wasn't even finding a needle in a haystack, more like finding a needle on a pedestal with a neon sign saying 'suspicious'. None the less, she needed sustenance, and to take her migraine medications. The woman sighed and reached into her messenger bag for . . . Where is it?

"You, are kidding me . . ." She grumbled as she only found her pad and paper, oh joy. Emiko at last rejoined the others, walking towards them with a bad case of 'resting bitch face' and her signature hobbling gait. No point in asking any of the others 'oh my Whats going on?' Or 'how will i even escape?' Please, the tired looking young woman knew full well she wasn't getting any answers from the students, no. She needed to think- "ahhgg . . ." She held her head with one hand and blocked the tropic sun from her amber eyes, yeah. Save the thinking for later.

Reactions: Aravhorn
Megumi couldn't help but giggle at how Sal had to change his clothes. Same as ever, always had to look professional.

"God, can you ever just dress normal? You're always walking around as if you're Christian Grey or something!"

Oh God, why did she have to remember saying that? It was one of the many insults Megumi had piled on Sal back in the day, before the accident. Megumi cringed at her old self. She'd been so mean...but, that was changing now-at least, she hoped it was. She was working hard as she could to not be so horrible, at least.

As they walked to the hotel, Megumi tried to think up a good topic of conversation. "So...that little bear person is rather ridiculous, wouldn't you agree? Telling us to kill each other and all that?"

@Solemn Jester
Salvatore Quattrocchi Corvi
Sal laughed akwardly at Megumi's joke/insult. He was probably the farthest thing from Christian Grey personality wise. He hated perverted shit, and romance really wasn't his thing either. Nah, he preferred action, comedy, even psychological stuff. Which for some reason seemed Sal didn't feel especially fond of watching a psychological thriller at the moment."Yeah, the little bastard. I mean who tha hell does he think he is? Tellin me what ta do? Oh, and umm killin people is bad mkay. We shouldn't kill people, cuz you know its wrong." Sal said in a very unconvincing manner, he just hoped Megumi wouldn't see through him. For some reason when it came to hiding his criminal connections he had the hardest time hiding them from her.

It wasn't long before they had made it to the hotel, Sal sighed, glad to be getting some grub."Alright, so let's get breakfast, huh, just the two of us eatin togetha. Like a date or sometin." Sal said then his face turned bright red at his own words, and he began smacking himself in the head repeatedly."Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why'd ya have to go and say sometin like dat!"Sal mumbled to himself, only barely audible to Megumi. He then stopped smacking himself, and put his hands in his pocket. Attempting to play it cool," oh silly me, it properly won't be just us. I'm sure some a the other students will be around eating. We should go, for some strange reason I got a feelin that Ryuu kids food is gonna be the cat's meow."Sal smiled, and walked towards the hotel, opening the door for Megumi.

@Yun Lee

Ryuu was surprised by the gusto that Nami had showed when she started digging into the many piles of plates Ryuu had prepared. It was a good thing he made extras, because soon enough he realized that no one had probably eaten since last night, either. Given what had happened, he was still surprised that he managed to find the resolve to cook. Then Nami said that she'd show him something out of her hoodie and Ryuu went bright red.

"That won't be necessary! Just having you all eat it and compliment it is fine!" Ryuu said, returning to his own food.

Nami had a point when she mentioned that they were supposed to play this weird survival game. But... she didn't seem like she actually wanted that to happen. Then again, she really hadn't done much to oppose it either. At best she seemed like a neutral party to the whole thing, at worst she was only acting like she cared in order to get close to the students. Ryuu wasn't sure he bought either scenario, but Monomi's name was still similar to Monokuma.

Sasaki chimed in, saying that the food was good. "I do wish I had gotten here earlier, all of this was so rushed... I can only hope I didn't miss a step in cooking something..."

He mentioned an airfield, but the planes were nonfunctional. Which was strange, but somehow also kind of expected. If Monokuma had really planned to keep them here... then that definitely would have to be a first step if the airfield existed before the whole thing. But the memory thing Monomi mentioned before bothered Ryuu.

The miner came in, ate a bunch of pancakes voraciously, got syrup all over himself, and then left. Well, at least he said the food was good before leaving.

"I just have a bad feeling about this whole thing. I can't place my finger on it... but I think that something bad will happen. I can only hope that we can work out a way to survive here without needing to kill each other. That would... that would just be too sad, to be honest."

@R-9 Pilot @GrieveWriter @Cabob7 @Neobullseye @Aravhorn @TheBreakfastSquad

Ryo Shinkai - SHSL DEEP SEA EXPLORER
' I am the ocean, I am the sea, there is a world inside of me '

_________________________________________________________________________________
Explosions, sirens, strange people in animal suits and the incentive to kill -

Despite how utterly ridiculous the lot of this was, at some point Ryo had accepted that this was no longer a bizarre dream but instead an unthinkable reality.

Once things had quietened down a fair bit and their captor had disappeared, the quiet blunet followed the other students to the diner for breakfast. Given the information they'd been bombarded with however, Ryo quickly found he had very little appetite and instead opted for sitting by the window, listening in on the conversations taking place nearby. He was pretty exhausted... while he hadn't allowed for yesterday's pandemonium to get to him too badly, it'd been difficult to sleep with the weight of the situation plaguing his mind. His cottage was undoubtedly comfortable, but concern overrode his comfort... for how long would he have to call it his? He wished to treat his circumstances as though it were a simple vacation, but it was difficult to forget he was a castaway on a strangely sophisticated island with seemingly very few means by which to contact the outside world...

And when he had finally set those thoughts aside and taken to sleep, it felt as though it'd only been moments before he was awakened by that sudden, blaring siren. It had made him even more anxious, and perhaps rightfully so; locating the source of the noise alongside the others, it was needless to say that Ryo had not expected to be greeted by an intimidating person dressed in a monochrome bear suit. He expected even less that this figure would claim to be their headmaster, and to be told that they had been purposefully stranded here, for no other reason than to kill one another ...

Like everything else that had happened so far, of course it was difficult to believe at first. But the promise of an explosive demise if they were to try to escape quickly sent chills running the length of the sea diver's spine. Ryo was a powerful swimmer... it earlier occurred to him that, if given reason to, swimming out towards one of the neighboring islands in search for help wouldn't have been too difficult to attempt. With what he now knew however...

Uttering a soft, dejected sigh, Ryo leaned against the window for support, blinking lazily at the rays of morning sun that filtered through the window of the restaurant. He wondered why it was he and the others were being forced into this situation...? To force them to kill one another, what would come of that? It was bizarre, unimaginable, and somewhat worrying... Luckily none of the students seemed very intrigued by the idea of murder, even if it had been proposed as their only method of escape. Taking a life was no meager thing, and was hardly worth resorting to as of yet; Ryo was glad most of the students seemed to understand this, if their open dissent was ample enough to go by. If anything, despite their differences, they looked to be getting along rather well. There had been an explosion yesterday that remained unaccounted for, but aside from that things were progressing smoothly and no blatant fighting had yet occurred. Ryo considered this at least a little comforting. Not to mention, the island seemed so vast -

His azure gaze absently drifted from his classmates to the window, swiftly honing in on the thin, broken line of the ocean perceivable from where he was seated. From what he had so far seen, their surroundings were very pretty and just being near to the sea lulled him to it. He wondered how the shallows felt here... it was a tropical island, would the water be warm? What kind of aquatic organisms were about? Were there undiscovered treasures to be found offshore? Ryo was very much inclined to find this out, and... how about now?

Fidgeting in his seat a small bit as he momentarily debated the idea (he could stay and listen to the others discuss their depressing situation... although really he was disenchanted enough as it was), eventually his curiosity won him over and the blunet stood up, departing via the staircase but not before taking a plum from one of the fruits baskets on the breakfast table... just in case he felt a little peckish later on, of course. Wanting to be nearest to the water again, he quickly decided that he would revisit the beach but this time investigate the premises a little more closely (and if that meant entering the sea, then the sea diver certainly wasn't complaining!).

For most of the trip back to the restaurant and their time at said restaurant, Rin had stayed silent, instead listening in to how everyone else was reacting to their new situation. The first reaction was the same for most people; it was the reaction when their minds settled to the situation that differed a lot more. That would be one of the biggest factors in this experiment of life and death. And that death would be one of the results was getting increasingly obvious. Already one of the students -- Tinami, was it? -- somehow managed to have gotten her arm broken. Did one of the other students do it? Or was it that rabbit-woman Monomi? On one side, Rin didn't really think that a rabbit would attack instead of run. On the other, even a mouse would try to bite when cornered and left no escape route. And considering how Tinami regularly treated Monomi, it wasn't that much of a stretch for her to feel like she had nowhere to run anymore. Besides, everyone knew animals always were unpredictable and that you had to be careful around them -- not to mention the fact that the other beast-man on the island openly tried to get them to kill each other...

A bit later, something Sasaki said drew his attention. "And speaking of which, I forgot to tell you guys there's an airfield on this island. Not that it would help us get out of here, since all of the planes are missing engines, but I figured you should know."
"Wait, there's an airfield? Complete with actual airplanes?," Rin repeated. That... That was beyond perfect. Sure, there apparently weren't any engines in them, let alone any fusion reactors or anything like that, but the sheer amount of resources in the airplanes themselves would still be a godsent for him. With enough time, he might even be able to scrap one of the airplanes, then use the parts to make a new engine for one of the other ones. And considering how little time he might have in this place before someone snapped and murdered someone else. A sparkle appearered in his eyes as he rose from his chair, already having forgotten his meal (however delicious it was) in favour of a far more pressing goal. "Can you take me to them? There has to be something we can do with them!"

@R-9 Pilot @GrieveWriter @Cabob7 @Karyra @Aravhorn @TheBreakfastSquad

[spoili]
sO2CE0N.jpg

[/spoili]
Fidgeting and twirling his paintbrush in irritation, Indulf strode away from the statue, with far more questions raised compared to the answers the 'Headmaster' provided. He heard the vague mention of breakfast from the rest of the group, but otherwise tuned out the chatter. Few people seemed fazed by Monokuma's announcement, and while he didn't intend to panic and let his fear rule him, the boy couldn't help but feel that disaster was on the horizon when the class had been baited with the hope of escaping the island. All it would take is for one person to believe in that promise for someone to die here.

Indulf was lagging behind the others, trying to unravel the meaning behind the Bear Boy's act; it felt crucial and like every great art, the significance of it was lost on the masses. Rather than pestering the chef, he decided to prepare a bowl of natural yoghurt and fresh slices of peach, lounging across two of the chairs as he watched the others talk. It was soothing… Some people are very animated and energetic, others are still and unfathomable. Some are open, some never truly express their nature. And then there are the physical variations…noses, eyes, cheekbones, the slope of their shoulders, the way their clothes drape across their form… He longed to paint the scene, like a Renaissance piece. Indulf was so deep in his daydream that several minutes had passed before he realised that his eyes had come to rest on the Diver boy, gazing out the window in a melancholy reverie. What does he look like underneath that mask? He wondered. Does he have a strong jaw? Is he scarred? Are his lips full or svelte?

As the Diver stood to leave, Indulf was compelled to follow. Suppressing his anxiety about their situation, he allowed himself to be engulfed by his obsession, his passion…he needed to talk to this boy.

@Solaresque @Whoever wants to say hi

• Love
Reactions: Daz
"Bruh just let it happen." Tinami said before sighing and wiping at her mouth daintily before letting it fall to the culinary warzone laid before her. Chicken bones and eating utensils rested among plates covered with nary a trace of the hearty food soldiers who gave their lives to stave off the DJ's hunger. With a relaxing stretch she leaned back in her seat and propped both her feet on the table.

"We can't possibly account for all the shit we got thrown at us this early, so we's gotta just suck it up and roll the dice." she spoke before gesturing with her good hand "Just gotta hope we ain't got nobody here who's got the motive and will to start axing people which, I gots to say, sounds almost entirely too plausible under these circumstances."

With that she rolled out of her chair onto her feet and stood before patting her satisfied stomach "I mean, someone could be plotting to kill at this very moment," she started waving her good arm in a spookeh manner "Already plannnnnnnniiiiiiiiing where they's gonna hide so their victim neeeeeveeerrr sees it commmmiiiiiing."

This performance was topped with several ghostly 'Ooohs" and "Aaahs" before the DJ descended into laughterand waved it off as she turned to look over the restaurant "I'm just playin' tho, I say just screw the death game thing and let's party like hell until we get bored of that. THEN, and only then, we can consider leaving. Eh?"

She glanced back to the blue-haired chick who'd stayed at the edge of the room the entire time, seeing an optimal moment for inclusion. With her grin never fading, she took several steps toward her before calling.

"Ain't that right, Blueberry?" she called out with her good hand cupped near her mouth "Bet you got some sweet ideas for makin' this enforced vay-cay something for the scrapbooks, right?"

She was gonna wait for an answer until two more students chose that very moment to step in,"Oh boy its Sally and Gumi!" she called out to the Ballerina and her male accompaniment before chuckling and gesturing back to the Breakfast Crew "Thought we was the only crew here who could appreciate a damn fine meal in the morn!"

@Aravhorn @Neobullseye @Karyra @Cabob7 @R-9 Pilot @Yun Lee @Solemn Jester @CrewlessCaptain @BreakfastClub

Mado accepted the food graciously. She thanked Ryuu before digging in. He would have to accept her silence as approval of the meal, as she carefully devoured it quite hungrily. Part of it was just that, hunger. But part of it was that the food was too good to stop eating. She eventually tore herself away long enough to flash the chef a thumbs-up. "Food's good."

She kept eating, but did occasionally give her two cents on their situation. "An airfield? Could it be some sort of holdover from the island's past? It clearly means this island wasn't always deserted." She sighed and shoved another bit of rice into her mouth. "I suppose it's just like every other indication of habitation. Just more of a mystery wrapped in an enigma."

"I'm not sure I can do much about the airport, so I'll do my own looking around. Maybe I can get some more information on our chaperone."

When she did finish her meal, she picked up her dishes to bring them back to he kitchen. Some things probably wouldn't just do themselves, and it was only polite. When she returned, she turned to face the others.

"Well, then, would anyone like to join me in exploring the island," she asked. "Or trying to track down and speak to Monomi, really." It was the most direct way to learn about their mysterious teacher.

An airfield... though? Ryuu hadn't really thought about it until Rin spoke up and insisted on knowing all about the planes. Ryuu supposed that the scientist guy would probably do more with the planes than he could. But...

"Aren't there still the missiles to deal with if we leave the island?"

The monokuma guy did throw a rock and blow it to pieces as a demonstration, after all. Ryuu wasn't sure what the scientist could do about that. Suddenly, Nami started talking to the blue haired girl at the corner of the room, and brought up some good points. Waiting might be their best option for the moment. If anything, maybe their kidnapper might get bored of the waiting and change something. Ryuu wasn't sure that was the greatest plan... but it certainly was the safest thus far. Better than murder, at the very least.

A few more people came and Ryuu greeted them, "Uhm, please let me know if you want anything not on the table, I'll make it for you."

The girl made a comment on the airfield too. But why was it even here in the first place? If this place was specially prepared there wouldn't be such a place, espcially since there was a scientist here that could do something with the remaining guts. But... Ryuu probably shouldn't overthink it, since this wasn't his field. He wasn't a criminal, just a chef, after all.

@Aravhorn @Neobullseye @Cabob7 @R-9 Pilot @Yun Lee @Solemn Jester @CrewlessCaptain @GrieveWriter @BreakfastClubStopGrowing

For a moment Sasaki was slightly off put by the scientist's enthusiasm. "Uh, yeah, sure. It's not that hard to find, really. It's just down the path from the hotel. Just wait a sec..."

Sasaki took a moment to gather his dishes and carry them to the kitchen, in a way mimicking Dona. He wasn't sure why he was so suddenly attached to a mysterious stranger like that, but he decided to let it slide for now; he had more important issues to worry about. When both of them left the kitchen, Dona said she's going to try and track Monomi.

"That's not a bad idea. Maybe she can finally tell us more about who she really is and shed some light into this whole mess. Anyway, good luck with your search." Sasaki tried his best to stay calm while talking to Dona. After that, he turned to the scientist. "Alright, Rin, let's go." and with that, they both left the restaurant and headed to the airfield.

As they were about to reach the airfield, Sasaki asked: "So, what are you planning to do with the planes, anyway? I mean, how are you going to dismantle them without tools?" Just as he said that, the airport has appeared in the distance. "Speaking of which, there it is." Sasaki pointed with his chin.

@R-9 Pilot @Neobullseye

_________________________________________________________________________________​

What pretty promises did the ocean here have in store for him? A tropical island was sure to be inlaid with all sorts of aquatic organisms, and while the shores were likely to be far less fruitful than any of the deep sea diving expeditions he'd attended over the years, he was certain he'd make a spattering of minor discoveries. It'd be fantastic if he could simply spend his time (of which he was sure he'd have a fair bit, given their circumstances) piecing together the ocean biome specific to these islands. And although there were restrictions on how far he'd be allowed to swim out, he certainly longed to explore the waters regardless... without a wet-suit and the appropriate apparatus, there wouldn't be safe means by which to travel very far, but he could swim the perimeter of the island, perhaps? Although he would need swimmers, wouldn't he?

Arriving at the beach with these prospective thoughts fresh in mind, the sea diver slowed in pace as he reached the stretch of sand they'd woken up on only yesterday. His gaze instantly drawn to sparkling horizon, it was wondrous how the sea never seemed to change no where it was he went. It was always that deep, inviting blue, speaking of unfathomable mysteries and a near homeliness no piece of land could ever mimic for him. Incredible, that although he were likely thousands of miles away from home, he felt almost completely at peace in simply being near to the ocean.

Breathing in the sea salt as though it were the purest form of air yet, the blunet wandered a little further down the stretch, so he was closer to shoreline. His eyes wandered the sand, immaculate and spattered with glistening shells, before eyeing the shallows. He didn't have swimmers... but he was oh-so-tempted to wade in, at least. Just for a short while, it'd be lovely ...

Leaning down, Ryo made quick work in tugging off his boat shoes and socks, setting them neatly in the sand. Rolling up his pant legs so they might avoid being drenched completely (and so they might not inhibit his movement in the water), the tall boy was in the process of tugging his tie and navy blue sweater off when he though he had caught sight of someone behind him -

Turning, he quickly discovered that he was correct, and that it was another one of the male students. Ryo did not recall his name however, at least not from any of the prior conversations he had listened in on. Interestingly, the blunet hadn't taken note of the boy's presence at all, although he'd been quite absorbed by the sea so it was unsurprising. And given he hadn't noticed him on arrival, perhaps he had only just been followed here? Perhaps the student had something to tell him? Or was that too presumptuous... Surely others would also desire to appreciate the beach for what it was too.

In any case, it was probably rude to simply stand and stare now that he had clearly noticed the other student. He wanted to return his attention to the ocean, but that could happen after he at least acknowledged his fellow classmate. Lifting his hand in a brief wave, he offered his silent greeting, seemingly quite at ease in the boy's presence and open to approach.

@Lost-and-Bewildered

<Some time later, at the airfield...>

There it was... an actual airfield,complete with control tower. How in the name of Newton did he not see that on the first day though? Sure, they were all preoccupied with the whole airplane crash c.q. kidnapping thing, but still, it was a bit hard to miss that. ...Maybe it had cloaking technology up? That would explain why he hadn't seen it before, but... according to Sasaki, others had seen it yesterday. No, that didn't work then. Maybe their kidnapper had installed a chip in Rin's brain that had made him unable to see the airport. And then when someone else pointed out its existence, the person controlling the chip turned said chip off, all in a horribly complicated plan to make Rin doubt himself and not work his genius brain to the fullest. Such wickedness could not be forgiven!
...Or, you know, you could've just not been paying attention a somewhat more sane voice in Rin objected. Said voice was, as usual, completely ignored.

"Uh.... actually, you know all those rooms that were apparently prepared for us all?," Rin responded to Sasaki's question. "Turns out my toolkit was in my room. Or, well,a smaller one,at least; it didn't have any power tools in it or anything. Not that I would know where to get power on this primitive hole in the first place, but eh, I'm sure I'll figure something out. Besides, like you said, we do still need to find a way to disable the missiles. I just wanted to take a look around here first; maybe there was something that would give me inspiration or something, you know?"
Looking around, Rin continued to speak. "Hmm, I wonder... There should be a bunch of computers up there, possibly even a radar installation," he said, pointing up at the control tower. "That would provide a good source of wiring, if nothing else. Same thing with the baggage conveyor belt over there; should be a lot of good parts in there. Still no source of fuel though... Eh,, I'll just go electric then; much cleaner too. Metal from the planes, girders for increased sturdyness, cameras and monitors to view the outside, that thing can go there and there, those thinajingers can do that... ," he continued, mostly muttering to himself at the end, a strange spark having appeared in his eyes. Yes, yes, this would work nicely... All I need now is something to cut metal, and then I'm good to go. The fool that took me here shall soon know that my brilliant mind will not let itself be locked away!

@Aravhorn

[spoili]
sO2CE0N.jpg

[/spoili]

The walk to the beach was fairly short, and Indulf made certain to remain several feet away from the diver boy so as not to startle him- he wanted to see where he would go if he thought he was alone. There is an important difference between going somewhere and making the others aware of it, and going somewhere completely independently, because this boy may intend to go in one direction, but if Indulf were to ask where he was going he may change his mind and choose to go in the direction that is expected of him. It was important, because his destination reflected his personality, so Indulf mustn't interfere. Of course, he needn't have worried about the diver hiding any illicit activities, as the young man's choice was disappointingly predictable. The beach.

When the painter arrived at the beach, the boy was removing his clothes, to explore the sea judging by the twinkle of excitement in his eyes. The boy must have heard his footsteps, because he stopped his preparations and turned sharply. "Oh please, don't stop undressing for my benefit." Indulf remarked dryly, raising an eyebrow at the diver with a smirk. "Surely you won't find much without the proper equipment…" he trailed off, lost in his own imaginings as he stared at the horizon, transfixed once again by the idyllic view. "Is that why you came here, I wonder? She's truly beautiful…I prefer to admire her from the shore myself, but I have captured the ocean many times in my earlier works, it's an excellent exercise in expressing motion when you have such a restless subject…but I digress, my name is Indulf Weinstock; Ultimate Painter." Chuckling at how obvious this statement must seem, he took a moment to sit down on a large rock, leaning back slightly so that he could feel the warmth of the sunlight caress his face. "And you are…? I doubt I need to ask what your talent is, darling."

Indulf took note of the neatly arranged clothing on the beach and the way that pulling off that navy sweater had tousled the boy's hair, staring intently at him. This young man had no right being so mysterious. It drove him mad when people tried to keep secrets from him because others are at their most inspiring when they're being true to their character; integrity and passion were all he asked for and denying him either was unacceptable. Softly, the ocean breeze teased at his suit jacket, bringing him back to his senses. You're just upset after Monokuma's announcement, there's no need to behave so obsessively. Indulf mentally cursed himself for fixating on a nonissue, but vowed to get to know this student better, for the sake of placating his curiosity.

@Solaresque

• Love
Reactions: Vitreus and Daz

_________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Ah... what a bold thing to say. Ryo supposed the comment about his undressing was mildly sardonic in nature, but still he felt his gaze avert, a tad diffident at the thought. It wasn't as though he'd intended to undress fully, anyway...

Resuming in lowering his folded sweater and tie to the ground beside his shoes, Ryo eventually returned to eyeing the male opposite him, especially once he'd lapsed into open speech. Indulf seemed rather vigilant from the majority of what had been said, and very well-articulated too. Was Ryo really that straight-forward in his love for the ocean and his connection to it, or was the other so incredibly observant? Then again, he did consider himself a very simple individual, entranced by the ocean and all it held and very little else... he could not be that difficult to read. Regardless, he did find it impressive that this person had not only predicted his motives for arriving at the beach but demonstrated the confidence to tell him exactly what he'd thought as well. How admirable...

Ryo stared at him for a moment with pensive blue eyes, questioning his classmate's intent for having decided to approach him in the first place. Following his gaze out to sea, it was not difficult to conclude that Indulf too loved the ocean, be it for a different purpose, but he seemed to understand the intrigue it withheld. Ryo certainly thought 'she' was beautiful, and the way Indulf described his effervescent home so interesting... although his visionary mannerisms became infinitely clearer when the boy then announced himself the Ultimate painter.

Ryo found himself nodding at this assertion, his gaze softening in some understanding... although any ease of mind he may have earned was swiftly cast ashore upon being requested an introduction in turn.

His eyes once again averted uncertainly towards the water, as though indicative of the fact that he did have something to say but couldn't quite bring himself to do so on his own. For a considerable moment, an empty silence ensued save for the resounding hiss of the ocean waves crumpling upon the sand and whistle of the gentle sea breeze. Ryo... found that he did want to answer Indulf's question however, if only out of politeness. Eventually he settled for what he believed was the easiest way for him to do so in this situation.

The blunet, having finally forged his resolve, leveled Indulf a very composed look and slowly, perhaps a hint apprehensively, walked over to where the other boy sat. He knelt before him in the sand, blinking calmly at him for a few seconds before holding out his hand, flat open with his palm facing upwards. Tilting his head, he glanced down momentarily, as though hesitating, before pointing at Indulf with his free hand, in what ultimately appeared to be a silent request that he also do the same.

As to why Ryo wanted him to hold out his hand, however... well, it'd likely become a fair bit more apparent if the painter did decide to conform to the desired action.

@Lost-and-Bewildered

Last edited:
  • Love
Nami glanced towards Tsuki with a glint in her eye before sauntering over and wrapping an arm around her shoulder "Goin' rabbit hunting, eh? Now that sounds like something I can get down with. Me and teach gotta pick up where we last left off after all."

She gave her a one-armed hug before releasing the occultists and walking away from the table to stretch "Sides, gotta find a good place to set up for raves and shit like that. Once we get the mixing station set up then the time we'll just pass us by like nothin'!"

Now, as soon as she had a place for setting up her sick beats she'd need to hit up that Market again and find some decent rave attire for everyone. Honestly half these kids looked like they were straight outta Amish land with how little skin was showing, how have they survived this long? She knew the answer of course, but still.

"Although..." she trailed off before glancing back to Ryuu and smirking "doing all that exploring sounds like it'd be quite the challenge. An injured dame like myself would probably faint before we get, like, halfway done or something. If only I had something to eat while we searched....something that might just be a box of popcorn chicken waiting to hit me with them good energies with every bite? Might have a nice amount of spice to it? Wink wink, nudge nudge, implicative eyebrow movements?"

She'd probably have to deal with that eventual murder later on. As long as it wasn't her, then she could probably spot whoever ends up following through easily enough. There wasn't much she could do to keep herself safe besides rolling the dice with everyone else...well... except maybe locking herself in her cottage and only coming out for food. But honestly, that solution was pretty much worst than death to someone like her... and it'd probably piss off their kidnapper. He'd probably blow up any place they tried camping in out of spite, which would be great for cover art but pretty bad for her physical well being.

With that she glanced up at the ceiling with a thoughtful expression, she stayed like that for a moment though was momentarily distracted by Sasaki and Rin taking their leave. Probably going to nerd out over those planes or something. Whatevs, to each their own. Their kidnapper probably had those bases covered too, but who knows? They were Ultimates, maybe they'll end up Mcguyvering them a way outta here or something.

Turning back to the rest of their little breakfast club, she placed her good hand to her hip "Its been a long damn time since this party girl's had popcorn chicken, modern catering is a joke I swear."

"Yo Nurse Tsuki-bae," she called back to Mado "You want anything for the road? If ya want I can have Sir-Cooks-A lot make more popcorn chicken, then we can share~!"

She sang the last part before turning to the rest of her fellow captives "Goes for all of you guys too, takin' a relaxing walk 'round the place while shootin the shit sounds sweet, eh?"

@Karyra @Cabob7 @R-9 Pilot @Yun Lee @Solemn Jester @CrewlessCaptain @BreakfastClub

Ryuu watched the two head out to the airfield. Maybe they'd find something there that would help them all escape, but Ryuu doubted that would happen unless the missiles that Monokuma showed earlier somehow became a nonissue because it. Not to mention, this was all a little too well planned for them to just find a bunch of parts that they could use to make a functional plane. But hey, it was better than sitting around and waiting for news, Ryuu guessed. Maybe he should consider cleaning the dishes after this since people were starting to leave...

That was when Nami requested popcorn chicken to eat while they were looking for the teacher. Ryuu wouldn't mind making some but...

"We don't know if the supplies here are limited and by how much and what is available. I don't think we're in danger by making a lot of food yet, but we don't know how long we'll be here. I... I did splurge a bit on breakfast today, but not many people ate last night and we need to be decently fed if we are going to be this active."

Nami also invited other people along for the teacher exploration party. It was a good idea, after all Ryuu hadn't really seen the teacher since that Monokuma guy had shown up and Ryuu wanted to know what Monomi knew about him. Plus, Ryuu wondered why she was with them in the first place, and also why she looked somewhat like Monokuma in appearance as well.

"I... I'd be willing to go look for her. A-after I finish the chicken, of course."

@R-9 Pilot @GrieveWriter @Cabob7 @Yun Lee @Solemn Jester @CrewlessCaptain @BreakfastCrew

Status
Not open for further replies.