Cross café

"Adelheid. Adelheid Zwingli. Nice to meet you, Morty." Turning to the other man at the table, the blonde girl looked at him through leaf green irises. "May I have your name? And if you guys want anything, I can buy something to eat or drink." She laid her rifle beside her, propped against the wall, trying not to let it fall.

- - - {♚ MORTY SMITH ♚} - - - - - - - - -

Shots fired. "O-oh, I-I-I don't know.. I-it's a habit, I guess.. I've been doing it f-for a long time, I think.." That along with the fact that he did it A LOT more often when he was nervous, and Zero happened to make him really fucking nervous.

[EDIT: hhheey its like 12am here and i have school so im off for the night!! you can pretend morty went somewhere if you have to idc]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking to the swiss girl Zero shook his head. "My name is Zero." Not announcing his last name for he did not have one. Zero also had no need to eat, his advanced system programing made it to where he could go without food for at least a month if he really needed to, though he doubt he would go for that long. He had money of his own, besides he didn't like the idea of being in debt.
Looking back over to Morty Zero raised a brow wondering how someone could stutter so often. He could sense the nervousness, though Zero had to wonder what it was that made him nervous...was it the environment?

Iris came back from the bathroom in a new outfit. She went from a schoolgirl to a traveler. She wore a long, flowy sleeved tan turtleneck that reached down to her thighs. The seams were golden. She wore soft black pants and a scarf belt. She no longer wore combat boots, but brown velvety flats. An amulet hung around her neck and a rope bracelet was tied to her wrist, the only bead in some foreign language. She held her portal paper in her one hand and a pen in the other. Her single braid was decorated with a ribbon.
"Costume changes." She murmured. The style she wore was fashionable for the dimension, but to most people she looked like a desert traveler.
"I'm gonna get another cake. Maybe with a strawberry." She drooled at the thought of the sweet berry.

Zero looked to Iris and gave a soft smile. A rare sight.
"Welcome back." He said once she took her seat back at the table. He watched her admire the piece of cake and felt an odd feeling. One that he had never felt before, well maybe a couple of times, though he could not put a finger on what it was.
"If you want that cake I can buy it for you Iris."

Eiji was getting tire so he told every one that he was going to go and left the café he went through the door he came in from and found himself back at his house.

Iris had the first bite of cake on her fork and almost had it. Why was Zero being nice all of a sudden? Was he just showing kindness? He had even smiled. Iris guessed his problem with Mort was gone, because it was a little less tense in the air. But he was acting different, as if he gained a human's emotions.
Eiji left, and Iris waved bye to him. She turned back to Zero, still holding her bite. Each soul was serving up a suggestion or ten, but Iris ignored them.
"I already have a piece," she said contently, "thank you though."
She smiled back.

Zero mentally slapped himself.
"Sorry, well if you want anymore just let me know and I'll try and get you more." Zero said observing his surroundings. Everything had seemed to settle down from when he first got here. He sort of liked the quiet.

"Thanks." Iris said smiling. She continued drawing a portal, though she had no clue what this one would be. That could be dangerous. She could accidentally open one that was in a black hole and end up taking everyone with her, or have her hand ripped off by . It was a chance she was willing to take, just to find what she was looking for. She realized she still had her right glove on, which was her writing glove. She took it off, but left the left one on. She didn't exactly want to take it off though. She opened this next portal, put her hand in, winced, and pulled it back out. In it was a bunch of gumballs. Iris sighed, stuffing them into the pocket in her sleeve. She closed it, and finished off her cheesecake silently.

Zero tilted his head to the side a bit wondering why it was she wore those gloves, or how it was she opened those portals and how she knew what was there. Zero couldn't help but wonder. There were so many questions flooding his mind, he didn't know what to ask first.
Perhaps the gloves were a good place to start.
"Why do you wear those gloves on your hand?" Zero asked wondering if she would ask him any questions in return, though it wasn't a thought that stayed in his mind for very long.

Iris's eyes widened a bit. She looked down at her gloved hand.
"So you've noticed?" She lifted her head smiling, her eyes glazed over a little.
She held up her forearm, Palm facing out. She removed the glove and lowered the sleeve. Her pale skin was snow white. She lowered her arm. Her Palm hit the table softly. From her wrist on the top of her arm was a gash, a scar. It looked as if though a valley had run through her arm. On her Palm were the same intricate marks she left on the white papers she drew on. They were paler than the soft skin on the bottom on her forearm.
"When my friend dimension traveled, he tried to bring me with him. I passed out from what I think was blood loss. My friends said I disappeared for a few seconds, before being returned, the marking forever on my hand. This is the reason I can truly make portals." She sighed. "I unlocked every secret there was to find about it in my little area. All but one. And he knew it."

Serenity strode into the cafe with a sigh. Pulling her hood off with a sigh, red curly hair spilling out and framing her face. Her eyes glowing faintly in contrast, one blue and one auburn. The tips of her pointed elven ears poked out and she glanced over at the two "may i join you two?" She asked softly, looking a bit unsure "i mean i would just let you two be but i was just wondereing if you would be able to wrap my hand" she held out her left hand and a gauze wrap. Her knuckles bloody and bleeding on the left hand "if its no problem?"

Zero was interested in Iris's story. When the new comer walked in he looked to her. He moved over so she could sit next to him. This wouldn't have been the first time he would have delt with an injury like this.
"Yeah. You can come sit next to me and I'll take care of it."
He looked to Iris.
"Do you think you could draw up some bandages?" He asked.
If she was not able to he knew he could tare the hem of his jacket to turn it into makeshift bandages.

She immediatly looked grateful "thank you so much" she said taking a seat but shifting it back a bit so she was distanced from him. Obviously being to close made her edgy and uncomftorble. She held out he broken and bleeding hand.
It was growing fairly swollen by now and she looked at it with a sigh "im sorry for bothering you two and asking for this" her cheeks were slightly pink in embarassment and she felt a bit ashamed in asking strangers for help.

"Its fine." Iris said. " I should have enough for your hand. Let me check." After a few quick swipes, the portal was opened and she took the kit back out. She shifted through the kit and found a large roll of tape, some gauze, and some other things. But she found the bandages. She handed them to Zero. "Its just enough for a hand. I should restock soon though."

"Hmm? I can do some basic medical treatment. Military teaches you all sorts of things. Here, let me." She took out the previously used cloth, shaken free on any specks of leftover gun powder, cleaning the bleeding hand and taking a bandage from her uniform pocket. She wrapped it around the elf's hand, wrapping it tightly.
"There... It'll heal in a few days, at the best." Looking back at the other members at the table, Adelheid repeated her question, to all the new arrivals.
"Anyone want something?" The country of Switzerland's personification slouched, the rifle still leaning against the wall.

//we posted nearly at the same time and the computer didn't refresh the alerts omg sorry//

- - - {♚ MORTY SMITH ♚} - - - - - - - - -

Morty didn't know it, but he was really glad he'd left for a moment before Iris got back and started talking about heavy stuff. He never knew what to say about other people's heavy stuff. Everyone had some shit, but everyone handled it differently, and everyone wanted to be comforted differently. It made him nervous. It was probably better that he'd missed it.
Anyway, he returned from the bathroom just in time to see the elf girl again. She was injured now for some reason? It looked like she'd been in a fight or something. She was sitting next to Zero now, and it looked like he was helping. Good.
Mortimer was also kind of excited to see Iris was back, and he sat next to her and smiled. She was nice, and that made him comfortable around her. Zero didn't even have anything to worry about, to be completely honest. He was getting worked up over nothing. Morty was still completely infatuated with Jessica. But he didn't know why Zero was mad, so he couldn't say this. Damn it.

Zero observed. "What did you do to mess up your hand so badly?" He asked laying his head down on the table. He was getting tired. A sure sign that his power was running low. Zero wasn't exactly a cyborg but functioned much like one. His body was all organic though he was sure his actions were not often his own, though that was something to go into depth to another time perhaps in the near future.
Morty was back. Originally Zero would have been angry, but if nothing else he was tired. He didn't feel like starting arguments. Zero now had his explanation as to hy he was so cruel towards Morty, though he would say nothing about it unless asked.

Serenity just gave a shrug and waved off the question "well you know. Things happen to clumsy people i suppose" she gave a easygoing laugh "im glad its all wrapped now. Ya i domt know very much medical though i suppose i should. Everyone else know there basic medical?" She asked in her attempt to change the subject.
She was staring at her hand as she listened to them speak, her right hand tugging and toying with the bandages that now covered the hand.

Zero was persistent, even more importantly, he was curious.
"Things like what?" Zero might have understood what she was going through. Maybe not to the exact extent, but perhaps he could get a good enough understanding. of it all. He would have to remember to compliment the Swiss girl later on for her being able to wrap the Elf's hand so well.
Zero knew all to well what it was like to have his own hands torn open, whether by others or by hitting something in which he could not add up to in strength.