Cross café

- - - {♚ MORTY SMITH ♚} - - - - - - - - -

Oh, hey, he was being waved to. Nice! He smiled awkwardly and stood up, grabbing his arm as he walked over to the girl. She was sort of cute, actually. He took at seat at her table, beginning to feel a little bit more comfortable, though his eyes still darted over to the wall where his portal had appeared just about a minute earlier. He was waiting for Rick. It was so incredibly obvious, and he probably seemed a little rude being so preoccupied, but he couldn't help it. He had no way of contacting his only form of transportation.

"I'm Iris. The one with the red hair and eyes is Zero and the raccoon is Sly. Crowwe is very powerful, by he's not here. Neither is the Swiss girl Adelheid, Eiji the otaku, the stick figure, the pretty girl with him, Link and navi, nor America and England. They are either at the jukebox, another table, ordering, at the bathroom, or left. But whatever." She laughed, the anger and nervousness from earlier melted away.

Zero seemed to glare at Morty without even being conscious of it. Was he getting jealous of the obvious attraction this man saw towards Iris. Even though Zero had just met her. He hated himself for thinking like that. Jealousy was something that he felt naturally but was not something that was programmed in him none the less. He tried to get rid of the feeling but it stayed. Zero's right hand formed a fist, he could feel the sweat building up in the palms of both his hands. He was getting upset, which was never a good sign.

"So what's up with you guys? Any sort of story you'd like to share?" She sort of giggled a bit. She looked at Zero and saw his obvious uneasiness of another guy in the group. Once again, it started with a staring battle and yanking headphones off.

"Hi, e-everyone.." The kid stuttered as usual, taking a shaky breathe. "I---I'm Morty." His eyes went between the people he was just introduced to and then, of course, they darted right back to the wall. His focus was glued there.

Zero still didn't feel comfortable enough around these people so he figured he would let the others share before he shared anything about his own past so he kept his gaze locked onto Morty. Why did this guy's attraction towards Iris upset him so much. He just wanted to go and slam his own head into a marble pillar right now and hope he would forget everything, or at least knock himself out for a good while.

"I had a classmate named Mort. Short for Mortimer. But that's all saying about that person. Another group member from preteen years. " She remembered yet again the time the reaper took her soul. Poor Mortimer was a normal human that made their ranks. He was one of the surprising humans. But when it came to watching her 8th soul being ripped from Iris, he resigned. "So how did you get here? I spazed out and fell here through dimensions." She summarized

"Oh!! My full name i-is Mortimer too. Nobody really calls me that, though.. Not even my parents." He suddenly notices Zero's gaze, and his nerves light up. O-oh crap, oh no, ww-what did I do-- anxiety bubbles up inside him, sweat begins forming on his forehead, and he is finally able to mutter out- "I-i-is ss-something wrong?" Wherever he went, he always got himself in trouble somehow.

"No." Zero was speaking through clenched teeth. His voice low and hollow, as cold as a perching ice shard.
"Nothing at all." His glare hardened. He was loosing his last nerve now. But why?!
Zero felt like punching a hole straight through this guy even though he had done nothing wrong to him, Zero wasn't trying to seem the bully, it's just that this new comer made him so angry and Zero couldn't rasp the reason behind it.

"I apologize for Zero. I guess he's having a mental breakdown at the moment." Iris said.
She put her head on the table and sighed. "This was one of the reasons I wore those headphones." She murmured.
"How about we take a nap." Sloth, one of Iris's 6/9 extra souls. Said in Iris's head.
Iris growled and stood up. "SHUT UP SLOTH!" She yelled out loud. Everyone went silent and stared at her like she was insane. She turned bright red and put her head back on the table. Lydia the cat came back with a wrapped cheesecake and meowed. "Thank you Lydia." She said and starred eating it, her face still facing down embarrassed

Zero looked at the girl and couldn't help but feel bad. Zero had a pair of Skull Candy's along with his IPod but he figured it would be nothing that she would want to listen to. But he figured it was worth the shot.
He froze from pulling them from his pocket with her sudden outburst. What was her problem?
Zero pulled out the IPod with the headphones and set them down on the table in front of her.
"I heard you say your heaphones were dead earlier. I mean...this might not be the kind of music you listen to but...it might be a nice temporary substitute if you need your music that badly."

"Thanks Zero." She put one earphone in. "Sorry, it's a bit early to say this mort, but I actually have 6 extra souls. I used to have 9, but I lost one to a tree and a reaper classmate of mine ate another. The other one is lost. His name was Envy. The others are also named after the 7 deadly sins." She calmed the other laughing souls in her head down. "They were all laughing at me for a bit. Anyway, today they really have been acting up. Especially in this world. Especially around Zero." Her eyes flicked to him, almost angrily, though she didn't mean it. "I still don't know why or how. But that other Crowwe guy that was here earlier calmed them down a bit. I'll be right back. I've got to use the restroom." She set the headphones down,got up and went to the bathroom. (Author note: I'm about to fall asleep. I should be back around 4pm tomorrow east coast us time)

He stared at Iris, a tad shell-shocked at hearing all of this out of nowhere. "O-oh, um, um.. Okay." He wasn't sure what to say exactly. If he made a big deal out of it, he might make her upset, but it was so hard to act normal about something like this.

Zero seemed to feel a bit guilty. He had to move his right hand that took the form of a fist and pull it under the table to hide the fact that it was shaking. This wasn't anything like the place he had come from. Everyone was so different, everyone had their own personalities. Unlike where he was from, it seemed everyone was dead. Living the same boring routine every day. Where he came form nothing ever seemed to change. But here, there was an endless variety of people. An always changing form of personalities and things of such nature.

He looked to Morty, perhaps the two would actually be able to have a civilized conversation. Now that Iris wasn't here Zero didn't feel as upset. Though he knew for a fact that his anger was not directed towards her.
"So, where are you from then?" Zero said
Better to have a oncversation then just sit here like a silent idiot.

"Finally finished cleaning this goddang thing!"
Adelheid stood up and stretched, pushing a few strands of blonde hair that framed her veridian eyes. The Swiss girl slung the familiar weight back over her shoulder, walking to the now crowded table where the girl, Adelheid assuming her name was Iris, and asked once more for confirmation, because of Iris' current state as an absentee.
"May I sit here? Awfully lonely at that corner table."

Shit shit shit no no please don't go this guy is going to kill me. Fucko. He looked around, trying to avoid contact with the other until he was spoken to. His eyes moved to Zero quickly, and he stuttered out his reply. "T-the United States.." How was he even supposed to tell people from different worlds and dimensions where he came from? Was he meant to state his universe number? He probably could do it from memory, having heard Rick say it so many times.. But he was going to act like he wasnt in an intergalactic café for a minute and just talk to this guy normally. Oh no, but what if he doesn't know what the U.S. is and he gets mad? S-shit..

Zero shrugged. "Why not? We could use a new face at the ever growing table." Zero said looking to the girl giving her a warm greeting.

"O-oh yeah, I guess so.. If you want." He felt kind of out of place saying this, since he was pretty new at the table too. But whatever. "I-I-I'm Morty."

Zero looked to Morty. "Why do you always stutter?"