Crimson Wing

Now that's a good reaction. I am used to: Whatever/I'll learn it eventually
I'm looking forward to see how you improve.

even the whatever approach is more light hearted than what I usually got trying to help people get better, I got "Fuck you snob" "What do you know mofo." "Nuh uh I know you aint telling me I aint doin this right"

how this for a post

"my names Miku nice to meet you Nova." she looks at him smiling,her hand slowly lifting her cup to her mouth as she takes a sip of her Tea."but its a Festival,you should be out there having fun,well thats what i think anyway."

could use more body, be more descriptive, describe your character's surroundings and how your character thinks about them, interact with non player characters, NPC's meaning like Cafe' staff, you are getting the hang of it though, however one-two line posts are well, not very well accepted round these here parts.

Also, you gotta remember that your characters likely won't know each other and unless Miku is a Psychic abusing her talents she wouldn't know Nova's name, you gotta write as if you are the character not as you're just writing as a person writing for a character.

but she did improve.
One thing though mayor. Is interacting with npc's and describing the environment really that important when 2 characters have a chat?

Yes, I do acknowledge that conversation can sometimes get hectic trying to prolong a post while in conversation, but our qualms with her writing only apply to her larger posts like the first two. Even so, one could detail changes in facial expression, from the twitch of an eyebrow, to the slice of a smirk, to blinking.

could use more body, be more descriptive, describe your character's surroundings and how your character thinks about them, interact with non player characters, NPC's meaning like Cafe' staff, you are getting the hang of it though, however one-two line posts are well, not very well accepted round these here parts.

No not really, but considering it would be in a cafe' one would think there would be NPC's such as a waitress or two, a cook those people would greet the customer (Working at a Waffle House I know they do this cause I had to) and realistically she would speak to NPC's as well as having your character catch her character's eye enough to introduce herself to yours, then likely she'd order food, or a drink. just trying to keep things a bit true to life in terms of behavioral stuff feel me?

Yea, VA is right, character action is important as well, what she does with her hands her facial expression movements, all of that adds more detail to your character and makes her seem more like a three dimensional character.

This is a sample from my RP Resume:

This is an entrance post for a character I made years ago I haven't used him on here yet

Drifting, drifting passed myriad stars and other worlds was a small ship, shaped much like a winged eel-like fish. Though dilapidated and with heavily weathered paint, it could be told to be from an alien world, and it was still functioning at a level where it could still travel at a faster rate than light. Inside, a single tube frozen solid in a strange suspended animation, fogged over so much that what it contained was a mystery. On the floor around the ship, remains, skeletons from long ago, lay scattered to a point where some bones were with completely different skeletons than the ones they belonged to. The walls were plastered with a glowing blue crust, blood from untold centuries ago spattered and dried against the extraterrestrial metal of the ship's control room.
However, the ship soon resounded with an alarm, computers throughout flashed alerts in a dead language as the life support tube opened up, thawing whatever was inside while the power to the lights died. Through the flashes of red and the pitch black darkness of the ship two big neon green orbs peered out and quickly, buttons were being mashed and screens smashed. "Mika'shogonade! Kumoteigashi ukeidagoka! ukeida ukeida ukeida UKEIDA UKEIDA UKEIDA!!!" (What's going on! Why won't this stupid thing respond?! Respond Respond Respond Respond Respond Respond!!!!) an excited voice screamed, as the ship plummeted into the atmosphere of a small blue world.

Coming to, the survivor of the ship found himself on the surface of the planet, looking over to the wreckage of the ship. Flaming debris still falling from the sky as he stood, a young girl and her father looked at him awestruck and frozen like deer in headlights. Of course they would, to them he probably looked quite out of place, a boy 4' 1" with jet black hair that had vivid, natural blue streaks through the bangs hanging over large eyes that were nothing but a glowing neon green. Ape like fangs that protruded when he opened his mouth to take a breath, and a long, black tail like a spider monkey jutting from the back, striped in blue with a pattern similar to a tiger's. Scars like tattooes painted over his fire lit form and in addition to human ears he sported pure white cat ears through the locks of mustled hair on his head. Like lightning, however, he disappeared into the forest headed towards the mountains and over the course of two years, the whole area had been rife with reports of people seeing the same creature from the Sanctuary of the Sea Mother to the abandoned military base, from the lake to the town and of course the forest.

Now You're new to this so something like what I typed above would be a humongous leap for you, however I put this up here as an example for you to take from, learning wise, so you can go over it see the details and everything and incorporate more body to your writing so you can get better at it.

alright i give those a try as i think of how to make my post to nova a little longer

Ok i think i got a slight hang of it how this for a decent post

Miku blinks then smiles.
"Me my name is Miku, nice to meet you nova." Miku looks around and notices a man enters the Shop,she then fixes her hair and looks back at Nova, " so whats your opinion on the stange things that have been happening lately?" As Miku stated it a few other customers looked over at her, As she notices this she lowers her voice. " I really hope it isn't as bad as it seems." The other customers eventually returns to what they were doing. "so Nova have you been to any of the booths yet there are some really good ones out there, after all it is a festival you should have some fun right?" her Tail gently sways as she blinks, Then she finishes her tea.

Reactions: 1 person
Very good. You're doing better. If you can post like that, you'll do a lot better here.

I would recommend you not be as specific about blinking if you have better actions to perform.

alright i will make sure to use it only when needed

as you see it is a little difficult to find a good balance. Don't worry about it too much. You'll get a hang of it soon.

i feel like my post need more content to add a little bit more depth ill post it here please your imput is welcome

Miku nods then gets up and sits at his table with him. "yes i would because ive noticed some things too, i hope you dont mind me sitting here." She smiles and then calls over a waitress. "Yes miss is there somthing i can get you?" "yes can i have another small tea please." "yes Miss right away" The waitress leaves too go and get the tea ready,Miku turns back and smiles. "anyway sorry where were we, oh yes so tell me Nova what other things have you found?"

They way I learned to think about it was, if you can describe the action happening instead of just stating that it happened, do so. Writing well is not an easy skill to learn so don't get down on yourself too much.

I'll get a post out in the next day or so. I think I'll be joining Nova and Miku at the cafe.

Describe her sitting, maybe she moves some cloth or moves her tail, add some body language.

It's a pleasure to see others as active as I am, too bad our stories haven't come together just yet.

Did you know that Sugar Gliders in real life have special fur that doesn't retain water, and the only way for them to wash off, is for them to shuffle about in sand.