Corrupted Bloodline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gali nodded, summoning a sphere of water. It took a lot, for she hadn't fully mastered her element yet. She moved it along her body, which made her wings transparent, "We'll be running around after him. Best not look angelic."

Though his were already camouflaged, he retracted them anyway, though it brought his body extensive pain and threw a coat over himself. "I couldn't get a read on where he was headed, so I guess we'll have to just get lucky."

Gali had her eyes closed, "I think I know where, he left out the back, so the only logical place would be the river. He knew we were coming..." Suddenly she grinned, "Oh he's leaving along the river alright...hehe..." She grabbed his arm, "Let's go, I know exactly how to stop him."

Tahu got the sense that he would love the reason behind her lovely grin. He more than willingly followed her to the river outback, where it appeared the demon was already retreating.
"Shit! I've been spotted!" The demon shrieked, helplessly trying to move faster along the bank.

Gali smiled, "Well, you just picked the wrong way to escape!" She raised one hand, which sent water spilling onto him and the bank. The demon was forced to pull back and was spilled into the water, "Okay Tahu, your turn."

He visibly cringed a bit, since there was water about, his powers would be weaker in this area. Forgetting this, he violently spread his wings, setting them ablaze as they morphed into demonic tentacle-like objects, wrapping around the creatures throat. The demon shrieked cowardly, as Tahu's eyes turned a darkened shade of their original red.
"Who are you with!?"
"No one! I swear! No--"
He had snapped the creature's neck before it could finish speaking, tossing the corpse into the distance.

Gali caught it with a stream of water, making sure it fell into a drainage pipe. She smiled and patted his wing, which she could touch do to her element. She used her cooling ability to calm him, "Relax, he's gone now."

He remained that way for a moment, only realizing what happened now. Slowly Tahu returned to normal, hitting the ground after his transformation. "This... is a downside to being half-demon..." he looked up at Gali, who had wisely disposed of the body.

Gali shrugged, "I never said anything bad. Everyone has their issues, you know?" She made sure the body was gone before smoothing out his other flaming wing, "Tahu, calm donw, there are others watching you."

Sighing, Tahu got up, retracting his wings again, and throwing his coat back on. "Well, that's one distraction taken care of..." he said, trying to think of other places to look.

She thought for a second, "What was a demon doing in such a large area? Most of them always reside in less denser areas to spread fear. Here, a death won't really do anything." She sat down, "Look, I don't konw about you, but I'm really curious now."

"Maybe our little friend was on a mission..." Tahu suggested, "There's a chance he could've been with somebody and he was lying..."

"That was what I was thinking," Gali said, "it is a shame you had to kill him so quickly. We could've gotten much more out of him."

"No need to make me feel guilty," he said, half jokingly. Tahu felt he'd quickly become a hindrance to his own assignment with his transformations. He was going to have to get a better hold of them. "But you're right, we could have."

Gali nodded, "Come on, we should return to the hotel," She raised her hand, "It is unpredictable. We spend thirty minutes there stratagizing, then we continue. He will expect us to go straight to him, correct?"

"For the most part, yes." Tahu said, fully agreeing to going back to make a plan.

Gali smiled, glad he saw the reasoning. Sometimes, she knew, it was hard for him. being half the force of blood-lusting evil itself could be difficult.

Tahu followed her as they made their way back to the hotel room. Through the trip, he thought of many things. Mostly why the hell the council would make him do this well aware of his issue. Maybe it's a trial of sorts, maybe the experience was to teach him to control his transformations and bloodlust. Or maybe they seriously didn't think anyone else would do the job, so they gave it to him, because he was related to Kaosu.

Gali stopped inside their room and laid down on the bed. Her azure wings were dotted with orange, a sign of annoyance. She was tired of having these demons outwit her. she used to hunt them for money, now she was reduced to being sent wherever the council sent them.

Making it into the room, Tahu created a small ember and tossed it in between his hands. There is one thing I could do... he thought, but he really didn't want to, as it would give away his location. Maybe not now... but in an emergency...
"You alright." He asked, his attention turning to Gali's wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.