[Community Event] Plot Twist: A Game of Exchange

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Just going by your profile I suspect it's not yours. The main problems I've got now are that I'm out of time, I'm sick and it's a historical fiction mystery, two genres I've never written before. I'm really struggling coming up with enough words to fill the submission without just telling the entire story, because these were meant to start off RP's, right? Or are they just full stories and I got that wrong?

Just going by your profile I suspect it's not yours. The main problems I've got now are that I'm out of time, I'm sick and it's a historical fiction mystery, two genres I've never written before. I'm really struggling coming up with enough words to fill the submission without just telling the entire story, because these were meant to start off RP's, right? Or are they just full stories and I got that wrong?
The final submission should be a plot overview :) So it doesn't have to be written in the form of a short story. If you need someone to help you out, PM me and I'm more than happy to! I know who has which prompt anyways so it won't ruin things for me at all :)

From what I understood, you give sort of an overarching plot summary, including the desired ending, but only with the barest details so that other people can have fun filling in the blanks. Was that wrong of me? I mean, I've already submitted my thing, so it's a bit late for me, but I hope I'm not giving you bad advice!

Reactions: Michelle the Editor
It's a very loose project! Just aim to create a plot out of the plot prompt and use about 500 words to explain the layout and details of the plot :)

I just finished mine. Haha I doubt the original prompt writer will have ever been able to guess that I'd take this direction with it XD I surprised myself with it, even!

Mine ended up being just under a 1000 words. So 500 is just a ballpark, you can defs go over!

1,170 words? The absolute madman!!

Meh. No problem for me. Reading's fun.

>> Talk about time crunch, good time for life to take shit...I'll be sending mine in soonish!!!!!!!

I mean, I was ready to write out the whole story myself, no need for roleplay partners!! Luckily I restrained myself, otherwise you guys would have a whole lot more to read than what I submitted. :P

Nothing like an impending deadline to inspire one! Thanks for the help, guys, I fudged the formatting a bit, but I was able to submit in time, and even with a twist despite not being sure I could fit one in without it feeling forced.

Did we get everyone's prompts turned in? Hope we did.

Are you reading this message and know you haven't? You still got time!
ヾ( `ー´)シφ__

Technically, the deadline can/will be extended otherwise BUT.... if we can square everything away, why not...?

Ahh I don't want it extended o.o I want to know who got my prompt and whose prompt I got -frantically hopes everybody turned theirs in-

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
HA.

A WINNER IS ME.

I finally finished. TuT9

-screams excitedly-

THE TIME IS NIGH?

The waiting is the worst part xD

Reactions: An Otaku
Say, what's actually going to happen to all of our prompts? Are they going to be posted in this thread or somewhere?

I'd guess so, Michelle.

They are going to be released, that's already been said I think, and I don't see any reason to make a new thread for prompt release. So ought to be here in... *checks pocket watch* seven hours! Give or take.

Yup! So I'll be posting them all and everyone can have a look and try to find their prompts if you can! Sadly though, we only have 8 submissions for plots! So I'll begin posting them tomorrow but hopefully we'll get some stragglers coming in with their submissions over the next few days. I'll post them in the second post of this thread :)