[Community Event] Plot Twist: A Game of Exchange

Is the Plot Twist field not a part of the story itself?
Yes you can (and should!) absolutely write the plot twist into the 500 word description. The plot twist field is just for clarification in case it isn't super clear in the text :)

So, the 500 words is a description of what happens, not an actual story?

So, the 500 words is a description of what happens, not an actual story?
The goal here is to write a plot over view. Ideally, these ideas might go on to become roleplays! So if you write your plots out in the form of a short story, by all means :) if you write it out in an overview of the events, that works too. But the point is provide a summary of a plot. The final result should be the perfect little blip to take and turn into a roleplay :) whether these are turned into rps after is up to the writers!

But first, members need to create a prompt! Your prompt will be given to a random person and they'll turn it into a plot summary or short story, however they choose to write it out, and it'll be posted. Then, you look at the different posted plots and you try and see if you can figure out which one was created off of the prompt you created :)

i AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS o.o It was well worthy the wait

This. Is. Freaking. AWESOME!!

*potentially confusing and irrelevant questions incoming*

So are the prompts that get submitted going to be distributed among the people who submitted them? Or can someone who didn't submit one be given a prompt to write about? And would it be possible to submit a prompt, but not take one during distribution?

Already sent a submission. What? Schoolwork? What's that?

Reactions: Takumi
*potentially confusing and irrelevant questions incoming*

So are the prompts that get submitted going to be distributed among the people who submitted them? Or can someone who didn't submit one be given a prompt to write about? And would it be possible to submit a prompt, but not take one during distribution?
So when a person submits a prompt, I put their name on a list. I then take their prompts, give then numbers, randomize them, and distribute them to the list in whatever order. If you submit a prompt and choose not to take part in the game, that perfectly fine :) the goal is to have each prompt turned into a plot summary but there will always been complications. That being said, people who don't submit a prompt wouldn't go onto the list of names, but, now that I'm thinking about it, I could keep spare prompts to be given out to anyone who doesn't want to write a prompt, though I can't imagine there'd be many. Writing is the whole point of this! I hope that clarifies a bit. Good questions!

And now you've got a fancy lil notice to draw plenty of interest. My apologies if you end up getting horribly flooded with participants. 8D

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
YES. I am all OVER this like JAM ON TOAST. *begins furiously typing away*

• Bucket of Rainbows
As much as I want to be all over it, May's going to be a super hectic month for me.
SO I am going to stand on the sidelines and cheer y'all on. :confetti::confetti::confetti:

And now you've got a fancy lil notice to draw plenty of interest. My apologies if you end up getting horribly flooded with participants. 8D
Oh my God here comes a wave of busy. Good thing I have the week off! Thanks Jorick!

• Bucket of Rainbows
So when a person submits a prompt, I put their name on a list. I then take their prompts, give then numbers, randomize them, and distribute them to the list in whatever order. If you submit a prompt and choose not to take part in the game, that perfectly fine :) the goal is to have each prompt turned into a plot summary but there will always been complications. That being said, people who don't submit a prompt wouldn't go onto the list of names, but, now that I'm thinking about it, I could keep spare prompts to be given out to anyone who doesn't want to write a prompt, though I can't imagine there'd be many. Writing is the whole point of this! I hope that clarifies a bit. Good questions!
Clear as crystal, thank you very much! Now I just gotta get that inspiration in gear...

Reactions: Nav
Seriously thinking of doing this...{nerves be damned}

This looks like a lot of fun. I thought of a question: Can people do multiple prompts? Either submitting or writing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously thinking of doing this...{nerves be damned}
The best thing is that it's entirely anonymous! The only person that sees your name associated with your entries is me and I'm super supportive of anyone who has a desire to write. Don't hesitate from nerves! Just have fun!