[Community Event] Plot Twist: A Game of Exchange

This looks like a lot of fun. I thought of a question: Can people do multiple prompts? Either submitting or writing.
Hmmmmm. That might mess with the numbers. How about this, submit one formal prompt and I will create a list of extra prompts in case someone gets a prompt they reallllllly can't write on. But all extra prompts should be sent in a pm titled "Plot Twist Extra Prompts"

I was kind of hoping to make a sort of writer's group to help people build ideas for roleplays or stories or books or anything, and this thread has given some great ideas on how to handle content xD Love the whole secret Santa part and I'd love more exercises like this!

So do we message our plot prompts to @Soulserenity20 directly then?
You bet! All forms should be sent directly to me :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Lockheart
Awesome, I shall drop some stuff by your way later xD I very much look forward to this event!

Reactions: Soulserenity20
Great job so far everyone! I've been going over the plot prompts and I'm really getting a kick out of the diverse and creative ideas you've all come up with. I've contacted everyone that has PM'd me with a prompt so if you haven't gotten a reply from me, maybe PM it to me again of bump the original PM if you're sure you sent it! I look forward to seeing this continue!

@Soulserenity20 quick question. is there any upper limit for our responses? I know at least 500 but what would be the maximum?

Well, if you want to write a LOT. I think it'd be unfair to limit you, however, for the sake of not making every other user read thousands words to try and make their guess, could we simply ask for a synopsis at the 500 word mark and then from there you can go until... Well whenever? I'm open to opinions on this. :)

• Love
Reactions: Rin Mico
oh ok lol not trying to scare anyone with long posts it's just in case i get like 600 or so words of inspiration :)

oh ok lol not trying to scare anyone with long posts it's just in case i get like 600 or so words of inspiration :)
Oh haha. Yeah that's no problem at all! I wouldn't dare limit creativity so drastically.

• Love
Reactions: Rin Mico
Sent mine in. x) I may send in some optional prompts as well, if I think of them!

We have over a dozen entries already, so thank you all for the participation! It makes me happy to see inspired writers :3 There are only 5 days left of entries! let's see if we can't hit two dozen :P

Alright everyone! This is the last day for submissions, there is about 11.5 hours left before I close them off and start sending out all of the plot prompts so you all can get stsrted on your plot overview submissions :) anyone not wanting to take part in the plot overview portion, please tag me in a post telling me you don't so I can make a clear list. (even if you already told me please! I'm a scatter brain :3)

Alright everyone! All Plot Prompts have been disbursed. Let the writing commence and keep an eye on the deadline (2 weeks)! I know I'm stoke about the plot prompt I got. It's a setting I'd never have thought of and it's a genre I don't typically write so I look forward to twisting the idea into a unique and individual idea to make it tricky for the original submitter to guess that it's drawn from their own work!

IF we have a clarification question for the prompt we were given, are we allowed to ask you @Soulserenity20 ? Will you then ask the original prompt maker? (Are these silly questions?)

Reactions: An Otaku
@Ananfal I'd say make up your own answers to increase interpretational value, but I can see how some bits might be unclear if the original poster was vague about some niché included points.

Absolutely LOVE my prompt btw!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Soulserenity20
IF we have a clarification question for the prompt we were given, are we allowed to ask you @Soulserenity20 ? Will you then ask the original prompt maker? (Are these silly questions?)

You bet! Or I can just give you some ideas. If it's a matter of interpretation you can use it to your advantage! Just pm me any questions and we'll choose the best route :)

Oh, and there are no silly questions! It's only silly if you don't ask :P

Ooh, the prompt I got is really awesome! I'm gonna have fun with this!