Cold Blood

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cooking didn't take long at all, and as the table was set, it filled the house with a delicious smell. It certainly smelled more like a home. Soma stared at it all a moment, as if savoring the sight. Only then did he take a bite. His eyes closed in bliss and he smiled. "Yes. Makes me wish I cooked more often. I forgot what I was missing." Soma said as he took another bite. It very much reminded him of when he was a kid.

Tatsuya smiled and started to dig in then, though he ate more slowly and... dignified than most. "Where did you live before this?" he asked after swallowing. He guessed close to the shop, or at least in the same neighborhood. "I would offer to take you there and pack up some things, but I don't know if your things will still be there. The vampires that are in the slave business have a way of making people disappear entirely, so they might have emptied your home of all belongings." There was still a chance a few things were there, though. Most of the time it was just large, significant things like furniture or any paintings or posters.

"A small apartment building about a fifteen minute walk from work. Nothing special." Soma shrugged. His apartment had all of four rooms total: One bedroom, bathroom, living room, and a kitchen-and-dining room. He raised an eyebrow at the vampire's words and stifled a laugh. "I don't think you would want that. The place is a mess. Cleaning was always the last thing on my mind. I don't know if anyone would have been able to get in the door." There was that sheepish smile again. He poked at his food with his fork. "I don't know. It's not like I got followed home or anything. I only made it two blocks." He hoped that everything was still there, though. He didn't know what he would do if he lost his keyboard or any of his music.

"Well... maybe after breakfast we can go check it out," he offered with a small smile. He continued to eat. Of course, he was insatiable with just this meal, but as he looked to Soma, he couldn't bring himself to feed on the man. It didn't feel right. He would need to find another way to drink. Maybe steal a few blood bags from a hospital, try to live off those for the week...

Soma just nodded, a quiet "sure" passing under his breath. He wasn't certain, but he thought something felt off. He just couldn't place it. He looked up for only an instant, catching Tatsuya's gaze, and looked back down at his plate. It wasn't worth bringing up. The blonde stood as he finished eating and took his dishes to the sink to wash them. He hummed softly to himself, busying his thoughts with trying to figure out what else to do with his new composition.

Tatsuya finished around the same time Soma did and washed his dishes as well. He paused, listening to the boy's hum. "What's your work schedule?" he asked, wondering if he had already missed the starting time.

"Hm.. I do believe I was opening this week, so I've long since missed clocking in." The blonde broke his song for a moment to answer and picked it back up. He didn't actually know the exact time, but by the position of the sun, he guessed it was already late morning. He was supposed to be at work at six. "But it's no big deal. They'll just work me twice as hard when I do go in to make up for it." Soma added with a laugh. There were many times since he'd started working there well over a year ago that he missed work and had to make up for his missed shift. All it really did was ensure that he went to bed at a decent hour by making him too tired to stay up all night.

Last edited:
"Oh..." Tatsuya said simply before moving out of the kitchen. "Well I suppose you can make up for it tomorrow, yes? I'm going to change if you'd be nice enough to clean up the rest of the dishes." The vampire had made just enough for everything to be eaten, so the only thing Soma had to do was set the pans in the sink and fill them with water. He made his way back to the room, changing out of his robe and into the typical human-esque casual attire, though it was a bit more spiffy and attractive.

"Yeah." Soma nodded, a small smile on his face. He picked up the rest of the dishes from the table, giving them a quick wash and setting them aside. He had no idea what he would tell the landlady about his leaving or his being gone for two days without word. At least he didn't have to face his boss or coworkers just yet. Drying his hands as he finished, he exited to the living room to wait.

It wasn't a long time before Tatsuya appeared again. His hair was in the same style as usual. "Ready?" he asked, finding his keys and wallet.

Soma turned as Tatsuya reappeared. He wondered how he would explain his presence if the landlady or any of his neighbors saw him. He couldn't think of any excuses that made much sense that weren't awkward. He cleared his throat. "Ready." The blonde stepped towards the door and into his shoes.

With Soma's confirmation, the pair exited the exotic home and moved to the car. Soon they were on their way to Soma's ex-home, Tatsuya getting directions from the human. "If you're worried about people seeing you, just tell them you've moved out. If the others hadn't gone through your house, they at least made a deal with the owner of the complex so you don't have to worry about the place being in your name anymore."

Besides giving directions, Soma was quiet. He felt a tad guilty. He knew that despite whatever may have happened, his forgetfulness caused this and in turn caused people he cared about trouble and worry. He looked at Tatsuya, a bit shocked. "It's not that I'm worried about people seeing me. I just don't know what to tell them. I've lived there for six years, and usually, people give notice before they decide to move out. If someone did take the place out of my name, that's just going to rouse suspicion." He sank in his seat. As they would pull up, there was a gate to which Soma would give Tatsuya the code to punch in to open it. When he got out, the blonde went into the lobby of the building where a young woman was sweeping. She looked up, dropping her broom at the sight of him, and rushed to throw her arms around him. She was a little taller than him with long dark hair and she wore a modest dress with an apron. At first, she hugged him, then the scolded him for not notifying her before disappearing so suddenly. After a few minutes of explanation, the woman gave him a set of keys and Soma exited the lobby to meet up with Tatsuya and go up to the second floor where his apartment was. "Well, this is it.. I see she cleaned it up." He opened the door. His things were still there, but were no longer all over the place. Some of it was in a box. "Guess we'd better get started then." The boy wasted no time in taking things off of the bookcase and placing them in the box. The furniture had all been provided, so his belongings were just small things.

Tatsuya glanced to Soma. It seemed he was really concerned about how this was going to play out and it even made the vampire feel a tad guilty. But there wasn't anything for him to say and they rode the rest of the ride in silence. They pulled up to a gate in which Soma gave the code for and soon Tatsuya was waiting for the human to come back outside with the keys.

They eventually arrived to the blonde's apartment on the second floor. Soma announced that the woman from downstairs had cleaned it up, so it wasn't as messy as he first described. Tatsuya took the original boxed things downstairs and to the car before coming back up and helping in packing the rest of the things. Soon it seemed that they only had a little more to go and the vampire looked down to the human. "Did you have a piano or anything?" he asked, not having seen one but wondering how the man composed his work away from the cafe.

Soma cleaned up the living room first, grabbing the few books and picture frames from around the room. From a set of hooks by the door, he grabbed a set of keys. They had his keys to the cafe on them and a few others that held significance to him. Most of what he picked up was the papers that had been on the coffee table, all covered in musical notes. He carried that to the next room, the bedroom, where he put them in a notebook with other papers. "Yeah, a keyboard. Not a real piano. But it has different functions on it that allow it to sound like a concert piano or even an organ." He said from the bedroom. Where there might have been a desk, there was the keyboard, on a stand with a stool in front of it. He unplugged it and collapsed the stand, and placed it neatly in a black case that was similar in purpose to a guitar case. He grabbed one last picture from where it was tacked on the wall above where the piano sat, a picture of a young blonde woman with the same blue eyes as Soma's. Then, he quickly changed from his work clothes to a simple pair of jeans and t-shirt and tossed his other clothes into a box. He stuck the photo in his back pocket.

"I know what a keyboard is," Tatsuya informed lightly, chuckling a bit. After putting everything in the car, he came back up once again to find Soma in regular clothes and he smiled a bit. "That's a good change," he said sincerely. "Are there any more boxes?"

"Heheh. I never said you don't." Soma smirked slightly, taking what clothes were in the closet out to fold them and toss them in the last box. "Definitely better than my work clothes." He laughed as he pulled on a jacket he snatched from its hanger. "Just this box. It's pretty light, I don't have much in the way of clothes, just enough for when I need it since most of what I wear is my work clothes anyway." He put a few more things in the box before he closed it up. He had couple sets of work clothes that he wore interchangeably and a few pairs of jeans and shirts for casual wear. A few of them still had the tags on them.

"You seem to be a simple man," Tatsuya commented, smiling a bit. Soma really didn't have that much clothes or other belongings and most of the stuff in boxes were compositions or small knick-knacks. "Are you all ready then?"

"So I've been told," Soma grinned and picked up the box, carrying it out. With one last look around to make sure he didn't forget something, he exited the apartment, and as soon as Tatsuya was out, locked the door. "I'll be just a minute." He took the box to the car and returned to the lobby. He handed the landlady the keys and she hugged him "good-bye." She stood by the door, watching Soma as he made his way back to the car, and raised a hand to wave before she went back in. Soma nodded to Tatsuya. "Ready."

Tatsuya helped carry the rest out to the car and waited patiently for Soma to give his real farewell to the landlady. It seemed like they were a bit closer than Tatsuya first assumed, but he figured there was nothing to worry about and he offered a smile as the human returned to the car. He started the engine, about to drive off before pausing. "Would you like to go anywhere while we're still in town? Do you need anything?"

Status
Not open for further replies.